XY OU Please Rate My Mono Fighting team (not made for OR/AS yet)

=== Untitled 5 ===

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite

Ability: Pure Power

Shiny: Yes

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Fake Out

- High Jump Kick

- Ice Punch

- Psycho Cut

Hawlucha @ power herb

Ability: unburden

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- High Jump Kick

- Acrobatics

- sky attack

- Swords Dance

Infernape @ Focus Sash

Ability: Blaze

EVs: 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Flare Blitz

- Mach Punch

- Close Combat

- Shadow Claw

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Justified

Jolly Nature

IVs: 30 Def / 30 SpD / 30 Spe

- Stone Edge

- Sacred Sword

- Iron Head

- Earthquake

Keldeo-Resolute @ Weakness Policy

Ability: Justified

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

- Icy Wind

- Hydro Pump

- Secret Sword

- Surf

Breloom @ Focus Sash

Ability: Technician

Jolly Nature

- Spore

- Bullet Seed

- Mach Punch

- Swords Dance

The descriptions, I decided not to put any status moves on Medicham because i felt would not need it. I put swords dance on Hawlucha because with it's speed i felt it would be able to take a hit then hit with acrobatics or HJK to do devastating damage. I think everything on Infernal is understandable except shadow claw, I put Shadow Claw because when I play ghost or psychic i never have a counter but shadow claw is now my only counter. For Terrakion, considering it's weaknesses I felt that it needs a choice scarf as it is weak to 4 types it needs a speed boost to be useful. I put weakness policy on keeled resolute because it can take a hit most of the time so when it takes a move such as t-bolt and survives then with it's speed it does massive damage, for example a porygon2 used an electric type move on me, and weakness policy activated, then i just ended up sweeping the whole team with secret sword due to the boost. Finally on Breloom what I do is I spore and he is guaranteed to survive (unless multi-hit move) then I SD and i either bullet seed or mach punch depending on the pokemon, for example i had spread a togekiss and SD'd and then with the boost i bullet seeded it and it fainted. Please help improve my team

Hey, this team is pretty interesting! I have a few suggestions:
  • On Infernape, I would go for U-Turn over Shadow Claw. U-Turn helps you hit psychic types and gives you momentum. You said that you need a counter to ghosts, and I'll get into that later, but I would go for U-Turn. Also, I'm not sure why you've equipped Infernape with a Focus Sash; I would go for Choice Band instead because it isn't a lead and you'll hit harder this way.
  • Breloom may appreciate having Rock Tomb over Swords Dance. Rock Tomb is helpful in lowering the opponent's speed, as well as being boosted by Technician and hitting Flying Types that are very threatening to your team.
  • For Keldeo, I would suggest using either HP Electric or HP Flying over Surf on Keldeo. You have Hydro Pump already, and it's better to go for a coverage move that will hit Pokemon that threaten Keldeo as oppose to another STAB. Also, you can look into using Life Orb over Weakness Policy. Keldeo isn't likely to survive most of the super-effective hits it gets, and Life Orb will help maximize your damage output from the get-go at the cost of recoil.
  • For Terrakion, Choice Scarf is a decent set. However, your team is in need of hazards, so I suggest that you go for an Offensive Stealth Rock Set:
    Terrakion @ Life Orb
    Jolly Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - Taunt/Toxic
    This set allows you to take advantage of Terrakion's speed to set up rocks and power to sweep otherwise. Close Combat and Stone Edge are great STABs, and Taunt and Toxic are interchangeable (the former is preferred if you're using Terrakion as a lead, and the latter is preferred if not).
  • Your team is in dire need of countering Fairies, so I would look into fitting a Toxicroak on your team (maybe switch out Hawlucha?):
    Toxicroak @ Black Sludge/Life Orb
    Ability: Dry Skin
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Gunk Shot
    - Drain Punch
    - Sucker Punch/Knock Off
    This set helps you counter Ghosts and Fairies at the same time. Black Sludge can be switched with Life Orb for more power. Swords Dance is self-explanatory, and Gunk Shot and Drain Punch are great STABs for it. Sucker Punch is great for finishing off weakened opponents, while Knock Off is also viable to hit Ghosts reliably (and it comes with the added benefit of removing the foe's item).
    If Toxicroak doesn't work out, Lucario is also an option.

That's about it from me. Good luck on your team! =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)