ORAS OU Please rate my OU team - Serene Carnage!!

Hi everyone. I would like to have your valuable feedbacks and suggestions on how i could improve my team.This is my best OU team so far and holds a 37-2 win-loss record.
I have tried to maintain both offensive and defensive synergy throughout the team but this team has one major purpose that is to HAX and widdle down opponents.
So without further ado lets just dive right in. Shall we?

I wanted to really build a team around the power of Serence Grace so i am going to list the teambuilding process below.

jirachi.gif

Tyson (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 236 HP / 96 Atk / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Zen Headbutt
- Drain Punch
- Iron Head

The reason for choosing Jirachi was that once an opposing pokemon is paralyzed Jirachi just does not care. It flinches the opposing pokemon to death barring water , fire and steel types. My Jirachi is specially defensive which allows it to survive life orb Gengar shadow ball and life orb+sheer force earth power coming from nidoking. Body slam is preferred over Thunder Wave as it can paralyze Garchomp and Landorus and Excadrill. Zen headbutt is used to OHKO gengar on a switch in.Drain Punch so that Ferrothorn and Heatran cannot wall me. Once Tyranitar is Paralyzed i can Iron Head him to death. Jirachi cannot effective deal with bisharp and sucker punch so with some timely prediction i OKHO it with Drain Punch on a potential Switch in. This set can also run assault west but leftovers help me take 2 life orb thunderbolts from a magnezone and hit him with a drain punch. This Jirachi has a problem though as it relies on thunder wave so espeon can run riot by bouncing back a thunder wave and retaliating with shadow ball. Zen headbutt also has a chance to flinch so most of the times bulky water types cannot set up on jirachi.

Now since Jirachi was weak to Dark,Ghost,Ground,Fire.. I had to somewhat balance it so overall defensive Machamp came to mind...So here is the monster itself, he does not like burns though

machamp.gif

Ryuga (Machamp) @ Assault Vest
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 200 Def
Impish Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge

Now this is very physically defensive as well as specially defensive. The Impish nature increases defense to great levels which allows me to eat up a Landorus-T earthquake easily.It even eats up attacks from Diggersby and Darmanitan and can OHKO all of these mons back with ice punch, Dynamic punch and Stone Edge respectively. It can also take on gengar, chandelure barring willo wisp and eviolite chansey, blissey and special walls in general. As jirachi cannot switch into Landorus-T this guy does the trick. Furthermore even if the opponent switches out into a pokemon that resists STAB Dynamic Punch still does a lot and the best part is confuses the opponent. And if the opposing mon has already been paralyzed by my other mons it only has 33% chance to attack with confusion+para most of the times the opponent switches out again only to be confused again. What is shocking is machamp can never be OHKOed by a non boosted super effective move barring Brave Bird from a choice band adamant talonflame by the upcoming Heatran on my team stops Talonflame cold,so its no big deal.Even espeon cannot OHKO Machamp with psychic. This Machamp also beats other fighting types like Conkeldurr barring Gallade. It forms a great HAX + Bulky core with Jirachi, resists dark and destroys Bisharp , Landorus, Mamoswine, Garchomp etc that jirachi has problems with. Even A +1 Outrage from Dragonite does just 70% to this.

However i needed a fairy type in my team so that if a dragon set up on me he cannot spam outrage, thus i chose Togekiss. I wanted to go with Magic Guard/Unaware Clefable but i needed to check fighting types and opposing machamp so Togekiss was my choice. Also it is the queen of hax as it can also paraflinch.

togekiss.gif

Ray (Togekiss) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Air Slash
- Heat Wave

Now Togekiss can come into any fighting, bug, grass type attack and take almost no damage. This is a bulky defensive togekiss which even choice banded Technician Scizor Bullet punch cannot OHKo.It takes hits like a champ.The natural special bulk of togekiss allows it to survive thunderbolts from top threats in the ou tier. However thunder from a galvantula and sludge wave from a life orb nidoking can OHKo. However i have other pokemon to take care of these threats, Togekiss can use Heat Wave to Roast switchins like Ferrothorn and Scizor. Also Mega Metagross takes a huge chunk of damage. I do not run Aura Sphere as I have mons who easily shut down Mega Tyranitar and Heatran.Also if the opponent is paralysed and is not a special wall air slash flinched it to death most of the time.I do not have a Fairy stab as togekiss in my team is not meant to kill dragons, what it does is counter fighting types (It can tank 2 Ice Punches from Iron Fist Conkeldurr Easily) and switches into outrages and paralyses the dragon(Dragonite,Salamence and haxorus) and flinch them to death. After ground types are gone it can spam TWave and the Paraflinch begins.IT fears poison,ice and steel attacks which are easily handled by jirachi and upcoming heatran. It is also my second dark resist however it is no match for bisharp and its iron head.Also gyro ball from a ferrothorn OHKOs it.It cannot hurt mons like MegaTar, Zapdos, Heatran ett.

To overcome the shortcomings of Togekiss i needed a solid Defensive Pivot that can stop MegaTar, Metagross, Scizor etc. I should say physical attackers in general..so rotom-W was my choice

rotom-wash.gif

Kai (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
-Thunder Wave
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
The defensive Rotom-W checks many Ground and Steel Types and once they are burned they cannot hurt the rest of my team.It takes 30% only from +6 Azumarill aqua jet and can proceed to KO it with Volt Switch. Also I put Dual status moves my team is slow so they appreciate TWave support.This is my only answer to mons like Mega metagross with Earthquake which can otherwise wreak havoc.It also checks Talonflame and Scizor.This is also my answer to Landorus and Nidoking/Nidoqueen. Even Mega venusaur never appreciates a burn and i have multiple grass resists on my team. I do not use pain split cause leftovers is enough.It also comes in on ground attacks directed towards my steel types.It also somewhat stops bisharp in its tracks.Mega sableye hates burns too and i often bring this on klefki using TWave. Nevertheless too many fire attacks might ware it down so i had to deal with it somehow.

Now for my mega slot, i needed something which resists electric as magnezone and mega ampharos were becoming threats and i also needed somthing that could counter Keldeo.Also I do have Roost over Defog on Togekiss so I needed a Poison type to absorb toxic spikes.The answer was Mega venusaur..

venusaur-mega.gif

Tala (Venusaur-Mega) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 64 SpA / 96 SpD
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
So I gave this monster a balanced bulk which allows it to tank 2 Psychics from life orb gengar and Alakazam.The timid nature allows me to outspeed uninvested Rotom variants and put them to sleep or in case of Rotom-W Giga Drain them. I can also outspeed Adamant Bisharp and defensive Lando-T and put them to sleep. Giga Drain is the STAB move that hids hard and recovers health. Also i bring this thing on Water types knowing they will switch out and the incoming poke is put to sleep or severely damaged by sludge bomb if it is not SPDef. It does ot job well to counter Water and Fairy types and Resists Electric which is much needed. Also it can stop a potential Serperior Sweep. However it cannot handle Steel types and Sap Sipper Goodra but i use it to put steel types to sleep when they switchin. Sludge Bomb anhillates opposing grass and fairy types and can also poison foes adding to the Hax.I feel that Grass/Poison is a great Defensive Typing and That if played well can be fruitful.Oh and Mega sharpedo cannot really hurt mega Venusaur too.It only takes 60% from an Aerial Ace from an Aerodactyl. So feel the power and bulk.

Last but not the least if willo wisp and thunder Wave were not enough to stop setup sweepers and if they setup substitutes so to deal with pokes like sub gengar i like to use a SPDef Heatran.

heatran.gif

Max (Heatran) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 242 HP / 6 SpA / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- Earth Power
- Toxic

This is my special wall and stops fairy types barring azumarill. It also checks Talonflome and chandelure. It checks other Heatrans and 2HKOs opposing Heatrans with Earth Power. It can Also check Latios(without earthquake). It can also absorb fire attacks takes Psychic,Flying attacks for my Venusaur. The speed Evs allow me to outspeed scizor and roast Him. It can Burn A Landorus, Garchomp and other Ground types on a switchin. Darmanitan cannot do anything to Heatran. Roar Prevents setup sweepers and comes in more handy than taunt. I have Togekiss and rotom-W to shrug off Ground attacks dircted towards Heatran. Also I think toxic can be changed to Stealth rocks.

THREAT LIST

---> The number one threat is Nidoking as it can anhillate all my pokemon if my rotom-W is down. Although i can somewhat beat it with mega venusaur cause i have synthesis.

---->Fighting types have lots of coverage moves and under a trick room Conkeldurr can wreck shop.However Mega Venusaur is there to stop him.

----->Heatran is my phaser so if a dragon set up dragon dances and has earthquake, im done for.However Rotom-W can Willo Wisp it and others can Paralyse it although most of them carry a lum berry.

------>Mega Zard Y is always troublesome although i always have manages to paralyse him on switchin and beat it with rotom.That is the power of Twave.

------>It is always bad acing a stall team as i do not have taunt.

Other than these i never really struggle with a lot of pokes.But all the above mentioned threats are also easily taken care of.

This team is really fun to play with. I hope u enjoyed bye. All constructive suggestions would be appreciated.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
You wouldn't happen to have a screenshot of that 37-2 record, would you? Replays could also help too. Also, one threat you forgot to mention is Kyurem-Black, which can decimate most of your team besides Machamp. I'd be happy to leave a rate later, so for now that proof of peak would be excellent.

Pent

dumb broad
Okie dokie, this team is pretty cool, but some of the EV Spreads could use some work. You really want to use at least 108 Speed on Jirachi (And if you're running 176 that's a little much,) I honestly think you could go all out Scarf on Jirachi. It helps with messing up Stallers like Chansey and the sort. Your moveset could have some work too, try Iron Head / Zen Headbutt / Stealth Rock / U-Turn, you really need Stealth Rock. Here is a set that I usually use on Set Up Jirachi.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 84 SpD / 108 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

and a Scarf set would be

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Fire Punch / Ice Punch / Zen Headbutt
- Healing Wish / Trick

Next is Machamp, and I recommend trying Conkeldurr. Conkeldurr enjoys burns, can hit hard, and works well with an Assault Vest, which seems what you really want.

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab

Maybe give Togekiss Dazzling Gleam > Heat Wave, since you said you need help with Fighting Types, and that would also help with Kyurem-Black. You might also want to run a different EV Spread so you can live Life Orb hits from Kyurem-Black, such as Ice Beam or Iron Head. It'd also be better to run more Special Defense on Togekiss since you already have a lot of Physical Defense. Another option could be Aura Sphere or Fire Blast, but those are your decision.

Your Rotom-Wash pretty much requires 40 Speed EVs so you are able to burn Azumarill, then can Volt Switch out.

Give Heatran Protect instead of Earth Power to see if any opposing Pokemon are running Earthquake, especially Mega Sceptile. You want to see if they are using Focus Blast, or Earthquake. Another one is Serperior, is it Hidden Power Ground? These are things you have to think about.

My first good rate in a while, also, I agree with Team Pokepals, we need a proof of your peak. To be completely honest, with all the things wrong with this team, I doubt you got that high of a peak, but if you provide screenshots, I'm all out for being proven wrong.

Have fun!

Hey cool team, using some very interesting Pokemon to complete an unorthodox game plan! Before I say any more though, I would recommend you to include the proof of your record, as otherwise it doesn't seem authentic and is false advertising (Sniped by fren Pokepals ;;). With that out of the way, I wanted to mention that I think this team has a lot more undiscovered potential that you could further unlock. I plan to help you do this of course, so lets get straight into the rate!

First thing I noticed about your team, was how much hazard stack could negatively effect it. With Jirachi being the only Pokemon to resist Stealth Rocks, while stile being grounded and taking Spikes damage. This seems like a huge problem, as once hazards start racking up, your bulk backbone becomes much easier to pick off and break through. This is easily fixed however, by using Defog > Heat Wave on Togekiss. With Togekiss's solid typing and its general fatness, it can find a lot of opportunities to come in and freely Defog. Heatwave also seems to be a bit redundant, as you already have heatran and Machamp to handle fat steels like Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Scizor, Bisharp etc.

Next thing I noticed, was that your team lacked Stealth Rocks and Hazards in general. This is kind of a huge issue, being as how much support Stealth Rock gives ones team and why it's considered to be a mandatory move to have. You can easily slot this move in though, with little to no draw back. Simply run Stealth Rock > Roar on Heatran, as Roar is normally only used when one does not have an answer to things like Calm Mind Clefable or Charizard X (Without Earthquake ofc). Obviously looking at your team, you have no problems with Pokemon like these, with two other checks to Clefable and Thunder Wave Rotom-W to cripple Zard X.

The final thing I noticed, was your Jirachi set and the confusion that comes with it. This confusion I speak of, is not having it in a distinct role, as unlike other Pokemon, Jirachi can only preform one role at a time effectively, due to it's distribution in stats. With your current set, Jirachi cant be as useful as it normal is as a special defensive wall, as it has no access to reliable recovery and will therefore get worn down quickly. It cant complete it's offensive duties either, cause it lacks the power and speed needed to pick up important kills/damage or to actually be able to out speed and flinch things. I really think you should make a distinct decision to weather you want it to be a specially defensive wall or an offensive presence. This is why I have two option you can select from:

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Wish
- Protect

This set allows you to complete the role of a special defensive wall to the best of Jirachi's potential, while still giving you the ability to flinch and paralyze your opponent. The spread is nothing special, it's just to gain as much defensive capabilities as possible, while still out speeding Jolly Tyranitar and Adament Base 70s.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Fire Punch
- Healing Wish

This set allows you to complete your offensive duties to the best of Jirachi's capabilities (this one is more opinion based than the last), while not really taking away much from your previous set other than the defensive investment. With this set you will basically be click u-turn and Iron head for the majority of times, to flinch the hell out of your opponent or U-turn in a bad match up. The other two moves are really filler, with Fire punch really only being there to hit hit steels decently hard that would otherwise eat any of your other moves and Healing Wish to support the rest of your teammates.

Well, that all I have to include for the time being, but I will be sure to add some further additions if I can come up with anything. I hope you we're also able to get something out of this rate and I wish you best with your future progression with this team!

Hi there this 37-2 was achieved while playing wifi battling on my Nintendo 3ds. I agree some of the players were not very good on wifi as you would expect. However i have recently started with this team on showdown. Only i replaced mega venusaur with ammonguss and thus played in 0U(no mega).
Here are links to some replays ..
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ounomega-250507765
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ounomega-250497445
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ounomega-250482268
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ounomega-250545342
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ounomega-250546769
I actually use showdown only to test teams for wifi battling.
BTW thanks for the suggestions and I have changed Zen headbutt on jirachi to Wish and it has helped me out a lot and also put Stealth rocks on Heatran. I also replaced Heat Wave on togekiss with Defog.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)