ORAS Ubers Please rate my Ubers team?

Hi! I'm new to competitive battling and ended up making this team after a bit of research. Please feel free to offer any suggestions about how I could improve it. I'd love some advice. Thanks! :)

Without further ado, here is my team, along with a short description accompanying each member. I've been using Pokémon Showdown with this team and (surprisingly xD) have been doing pretty well!

Reshiram @ Choice Specs
Ability: Turboblaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Blue Flare
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower

I use Choice Specs Reshiram as a special sweeper. A Modest natured, 31 SpA IV Reshiram's Special Attack is boosted to an awesome 657 with Choice Specs and 252 SpA EVs, if I did the math correctly. Blue Flare is its main attacking move, but Draco Meteor is also an option. (I prefer Blue Flare because it doesn't lower the user's stats). The other two moves are for just in case Reshiram runs out of PP.

Dialga @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder
- Fire Blast

I needed a good lead that could set up entry hazards. Stealth Rock lets Dialga does just that! Draco Meteor hits pretty hard, and I can always switch out if the lowered SpA becomes an issue. Fire Blast takes care of Forretress, and Thunder can be used on Kyogre and other Water-types. I decided to invest some of its EVs into HP because Dialga needs to stay in the game as long as possible to reuse Stealth Rock in case it's deactivated (by a Rapid Spinner, for example).

Darkrai @ Leftovers
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Dream Eater
- Nasty Plot

Darkrai's main role here is to put opponents to sleep with Dark Void. It can then use Nasty Plot, taking advantage of the extra turns gained when the opponent can't move due to sleep. Dark Pulse is a reliable STAB move, and Dream Eater, along with Leftovers, is used to regain HP.

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 208 HP / 60 Atk / 188 Def / 44 SpA / 8 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp

Giratina-O can switch in on Ground-Types trying to Earthquake my team. Will-O-Wisp inflicts burns, forcing opponents to either switch out or fight until they faint if they can't heal. Draco Meteor is its main attack, but Dragon Tail can be used if Giratina is at a type disadvantage against something.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 104 HP / 32 Def / 252 SpA / 120 Spe
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast

Xerneas is used to switch in to Dragon-types looking to inflict super-effective damage coupled with STAB on other team members (Yeah, I know. This team is pretty heavy on Dragon-type Pokémon.) Power Herb allows Xerneas to set up with Geomancy in only one turn. Moonblast is its main STAB move.

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Mewtwonite Y
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Ice Beam
- Aura Sphere
- Fire Blast

The Mega-Evolved Pokémon I chose to use. Its ability makes it a good counter to sleep-inducing Pokemon. Ice Beam can be used on the many Dragon-type Pokémon in Ubers, and Psystrike is a good STAB move. Aura Sphere is used for Dark-types when switching to a different Pokémon is difficult.

Once again, thank you!

Last edited:

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
Hi there!
While i appreciate that you use it, Reshiram isn't very good this gen.
I'm going to use this quick thing as a placeholder for a later rate, k?
EDIT:
PISTOLERO covered much of what I wanted to say, but I'd actually drop Mewtwo altogether. Like he said, it makes your team a bit weaker to Darkrai, and this next mon doesn't exactly mitigate that, but it's so ubiquitous in the current meta that there's no reason not to use it. A change from Mewtwo to Primal Groudon wouldn't be a bad option, as Primal groudon has one of, if not, the best typing in the game, as well as the best possible ability for it. Desolate Land makes Primal Groudon immune to Water moves as long as the ability is active, which is incredible. There are multiple routes you could take with this Pokemon. You could run an Offensive Stealth Rock set, which frees up a slot for Dialga to use Flash Cannon. Alternatively, you could keep Stealth Rock on Dialga and run one of the following sets: Swords Dance, Rock Polish, or Double Dance (both on one set.) Luckily, the movesets are basically the same.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance / Rock Polish
- Dragon Claw / Fire Punch / Rock Polish
- Precipice Blades / Earthquake
- Stone Edge
The moves in blue are if you want to use Double Dance. Otherwise, if you're using only Swords Dance/Rock Polish, you either want to use Dragon Claw or Fire Punch. Dragon Claw chunks the Lati Twins and Giratina-O, and Fire Punch is a strong STAB that hits Scizor and Ferrothorn and other Steels that aren't weak to Ground. The third move is really up to preference, whether you want more power or more accuracy, respectively. Stone Edge smashes Ho-Oh, who is a relatively safe switchin otherwise, as well as Yveltal and Lugia.
The Stealth Rock set would just involve replacing the first move with Stealth Rock. max Attack Adamant Nature lets you hit as hard as possible, and the 64 Speed is to outspeed something, I forget what. You really only need 60, but the 4 extra is to creep other PDon running 60 Speed.

Last edited:

PISTOLERO

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
Hello lilligant1049, you seem to understand how to build a Hyper Offensive ORAS Ubers team reasonably well, as you have many of the Pokemon that fit well on these kinds of teams. That being said, however, I do have some suggestions for you that might help you improve your team.

Firstly, Reshiram is sadly not very viable now, and Choice Specs sets are slow, not too hard to take advantage of, and easy to revenge kill, as well as being very weak to hazards. You have not used your Arceus forme on this team, so this is the perfect opportunity for you to do so. I recommend you change Reshiram to Arceus-Normal, with the following set:

Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extremespeed
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

This gives you a solid revenge killer and fearsome setup sweeper that can break through the opponent's team when it is even slightly weakened. I have chosen Stone Edge because I think it would pair very nicely with my next Pokemon suggestion, which is for you to use Mega Salamence instead of Giratina-Origin. A simple set for you to use would be:

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge / Return
- Earthquake / Refresh
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

The reason that this pairs off nicely with Stone Edge Arceus-Normal is that Arceus's +2 Stone Edge can OHKO many common checks to Mega Salamence, such as Lugia, physically defensive Yveltal and physically defensive Mega Salamence. I personally prefer to use Double-Edge as it is extremely powerful, but Return is also a fine option if you do not like the recoil damage. Salamence still provides you with an Earthquake switchin and also gives you a fantastic setup sweeper. Refresh over Earthquake is an option as it lets Salamence absorb status such as a Lava Plume burn or a Thunder Wave from Primal Groudon, with Return probably being better than Double-Edge when you use Refresh. An EV spread of 200 HP / 132 Atk / 176 Spe with an Adamant nature is also worth trying as it gives Salamence a lot of bulk, letting it easily 1v1 things such as offensive Primal Groudon, especially with Intimidate.

Even though using Mega Salamence means you can't use Mega Mewtwo Y anymore, this is easily fixed by changing Mewtwo's item to a Life Orb, and also change Aura Sphere to Focus Blast, as Aura Sphere is sadly too weak a move to OHKO the thins you would use it on. This does make your team slightly weaker to Darkrai, but I also think that you can change your Xerneas set so that it has Aromatherapy, with the moveset being Moonblast / Thunder or Focus Blast / Aromatherapy / Geomancy. An EV spread change to 176 HP / 24 Def / 252 SpA / 56 Spe gives Xerneas more bulk, with it not really needing to run so much Speed. Next, you should try changing Dream Eater on Darkrai to Sludge Bomb or Thunder, and the item to Life Orb, as Dream Eater is very unreliable and does not offer any useful coverage. If you use Thunder on Darkrai, you can use Focus Blast on Xerneas instead of Thunder, as Darkrai does a fantastic job of luring Ho-Oh to OHKO it with +2 Life Orb Thunder. Lastly, I think that a Shuca Berry would be the best item for Dialga as it gives you an insurance policy against Mega Salamence, offensive Primal Groudon and even Extremekiller Arceus. Changing Thunder to Roar is also a good idea as it ensures that Dialga will not be set up on.

I hope this rate helps you, and good luck!

the new version of your team, should you want it (there are slashes)
Dialga @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor
- Roar
- Fire Blast

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb / Thunder
- Nasty Plot

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 176 HP / 24 Def / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
- Geomancy
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast / Thunder

Arceus @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extremespeed
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Salamence @ Salamencite
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge / Return
- Earthquake / Refresh
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Mewtwo@ Life Orb
Ability: Unnerve
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Fire Blast

Last edited:
Hello lilligant1049, you seem to understand how to build a Hyper Offensive ORAS Ubers team reasonably well, as you have many of the Pokemon that fit well on these kinds of teams. That being said, however, I do have some suggestions for you that might help you improve your team.

Firstly, Reshiram is sadly not very viable now, and Choice Specs sets are slow, not too hard to take advantage of, and easy to revenge kill, as well as being very weak to hazards. You have not used your Arceus forme on this team, so this is the perfect opportunity for you to do so. I recommend you change Reshiram to Arceus-Normal, with the following set:

Arceus @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extremespeed
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

This gives you a solid revenge killer and fearsome setup sweeper that can break through the opponent's team when it is even slightly weakened. I have chosen Stone Edge because I think it would pair very nicely with my next Pokemon suggestion, which is for you to use Mega Salamence instead of Giratina-Origin. A simple set for you to use would be:

Salamence @ Salamencite
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge / Return
- Earthquake / Refresh
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

The reason that this pairs off nicely with Stone Edge Arceus-Normal is that Arceus's +2 Stone Edge can OHKO many common checks to Mega Salamence, such as Lugia, physically defensive Yveltal and physically defensive Mega Salamence. I personally prefer to use Double-Edge as it is extremely powerful, but Return is also a fine option if you do not like the recoil damage. Salamence still provides you with an Earthquake switchin and also gives you a fantastic setup sweeper. Refresh over Earthquake is an option as it lets Salamence absorb status such as a Lava Plume burn or a Thunder Wave from Primal Groudon, with Return probably being better than Double-Edge when you use Refresh. An EV spread of 200 HP / 132 Atk / 176 Spe with an Adamant nature is also worth trying as it gives Salamence a lot of bulk, letting it easily 1v1 things such as offensive Primal Groudon, especially with Intimidate.

Even though using Mega Salamence means you can't use Mega Mewtwo Y anymore, this is easily fixed by changing Mewtwo's item to a Life Orb, and also change Aura Sphere to Focus Blast, as Aura Sphere is sadly too weak a move to OHKO the thins you would use it on. This does make your team slightly weaker to Darkrai, but I also think that you can change your Xerneas set so that it has Aromatherapy, with the moveset being Moonblast / Thunder or Focus Blast / Aromatherapy / Geomancy. An EV spread change to 176 HP / 24 Def / 252 SpA / 56 Spe gives Xerneas more bulk, with it not really needing to run so much Speed. Next, you should try changing Dream Eater on Darkrai to Sludge Bomb or Thunder, and the item to Life Orb, as Dream Eater is very unreliable and does not offer any useful coverage. If you use Thunder on Darkrai, you can use Focus Blast on Xerneas instead of Thunder, as Darkrai does a fantastic job of luring Ho-Oh to OHKO it with +2 Life Orb Thunder. Lastly, I think that a Shuca Berry would be the best item for Dialga as it gives you an insurance policy against Mega Salamence, offensive Primal Groudon and even Extremekiller Arceus. Changing Thunder to Roar is also a good idea as it ensures that Dialga will not be set up on.

I hope this rate helps you, and good luck!

the new version of your team, should you want it (there are slashes)
Dialga @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor
- Roar
- Fire Blast

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb / Thunder
- Nasty Plot

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 176 HP / 24 Def / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
- Geomancy
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast / Thunder

Arceus @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extremespeed
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Salamence @ Salamencite
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge / Return
- Earthquake / Refresh
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Mewtwo@ Life Orb
Ability: Unnerve
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Fire Blast
Thanks! This is awesome! I really appreciate your taking the time to do this. :)

PISTOLERO

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
You are garbage at copy-pasting
Bite me :)

Thanks! This is awesome! I really appreciate your taking the time to do this. :)
You're welcome, it's what I'm here for. If you need any more help / any more explanations don't hesitate to ask. You will need to change Arceus's ability to what it should be, however, and double-check everything else, I may have made other mistakes in copy pasting.

Bite me :)

You're welcome, it's what I'm here for. If you need any more help / any more explanations don't hesitate to ask. You will need to change Arceus's ability to what it should be, however, and double-check everything else, I may have made other mistakes in copy pasting.
Okay, so I've tried some battles with this team in Showdown; I feel that it has indeed improved! However, I was wondering if there's anything I can do to prevent opponents from hitting Salamence with Ice-type attacks - even attacks with low base power do massive damage and even sometimes OHKO it because of its typing.

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
There really isn't much you can do about that except for playing smart and trying to take said Ice users out before they take out Mence. That being said, it's somewhat of a gamble as to what uses Ice-type moves. Primal Kyogre, Genesect and Mewtwo generally both run Ice Beam, and Mega Mewtwo X usually runs Ice Punch. Other than that, there isn't really anything I can think of to help against that. Just watch out for the aforementioned Pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)