Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

Whimsicott is not offensive. It uses only moves in the status category (substitute, leech seed, stun spore and other shits come to mind), which Mischievous Heart (its ability) give priority to. Whimsicott needs a lot more defense and hp investments to survive some hits. speeds ivs are rarely significant.
Umm yeah...one problem, if a faster user of Prankster comes along and happily Taunts his Whimsicott, then what? Believe me I know what Whimsicott is intended to be used as, but all the same if you don't have perfect Spe IVs, you risk being outsped by other users of Prankster, like the Djinns and such.

But like I said it depends on what his use of it is, I look at things mainly with a VGC twist in mind, but yeah...if he's just running all priority moves on it, sure the Spe won't matter as much I suppose.

I finished the ingame campaign and I'm starting to breed now.

I thought I would start on a larvesta. So after about 3 hours, I got this:

Timid: 30/xx/18/31/10/31

noooooooo! So close :*(

I don't know how to RNG or anything so this is pretty good for me. I've only bred 1 perfect pokemon and that was my gyarados in Platinum who has a 31 IV in attack, def, speed and a 25 IV for HP.

So that is sort of motivating me to do better.

I think it's worth investing the time to learn how to RNG. I've only done two RNGed pokes, my Dialga and Palkia in Platinum. It took a bit of patience, but compared to conventional breeding or SRing, it's a lot quicker.

Where do you recommend to learn to RNG in Pokemon Black, without having to look over 4th gen guides, and is actually easy to understand rather than.
Heres your C-Gear, manipulate frames, get MAC address. Of you go
And I applaud the more able RNG abusers for actually learning to

I remember I RNGed in Platinum about 3 times, but I didnt get any to compete with other perfect pokemon in other threads. Nevertheless I was proud and I know how to pseudo RNG in Platinum, I just want to know how to do it in Black

Where do you recommend to learn to RNG in Pokemon Black, without having to look over 4th gen guides, and is actually easy to understand rather than.
Heres your C-Gear, manipulate frames, get MAC address. Of you go
And I applaud the more able RNG abusers for actually learning to

I remember I RNGed in Platinum about 3 times, but I didnt get any to compete with other perfect pokemon in other threads. Nevertheless I was proud and I know how to pseudo RNG in Platinum, I just want to know how to do it in Black
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83057&highlight=fossil

You will have to understand the basic concept of how 4th gen rng works because it's almost the same here, just gotta apply a couple of other variables...that and praying you can get low frames with great IVs, as trying to advance it is annoying...

Umm...kinda slow for a Cottonee? I mean, I dunno what you're using it for exactly, but it's gonna lose out to things like 31 IV djinns, other Whimsicotts, and why Careful? Unless you're planning on using physical attacks with it, which makes no sense as its SpA is better and Careful is killing it...
Whimsicott does not need speed at all. None whatsoever. Careful is to increase special defense to help it take commonly special water and electric attacks while not hampering the damage done by u-turn (which isn't much at all to begin with, but why lower it further for no reason). Careful nature is also good because Whimsicott learns both cotton guard and charm so you really don't need too much of a physical defense investment.

Eh, if that's the way you wanna run it, perfectly fine, like I said it's good for singles where odds are you won't be taunted off and you're using almost all priority attacks with onnly U-Turn to escape...but at the same time, from the way I see it, there's no way in hell I'd ever show up at say a VGC or something without it having not only a +Spe nature, but perfect Spe IVs as well, as the risk is far greater it'd be completely shutdown from Taunt.

Hey guys do you think I should keep this Larvesta or rebreed?

Larvesta - #636 (Timid) : 17/xx/18/31/27/31 (HP Ice 68)

I'd say to keep it. You won't miss the 14 HP much, and it's physical defenses aren't much to write home about either. In any case, it'll be important in one or two off-hand instances. Use as a parent if you want to breed further, but otherwise, not bad.

Hey guys do you think I should keep this Larvesta or rebreed?

Larvesta - #636 (Timid) : 17/xx/19/31/27/31
Definitely a keeper. Nice breed.

Also guys, I have a question. I'm currently in Twist Mountain with a team of Darmanitan/Krokorok/Archeops/Galvantula/Sawsbuck, all lv 37 or 38. I previously used a Simisage, but it got outpowered by Sawsbuck, so I dropped it. Now I'm looking for a Pokémon that couldbe beneficial to my team. I currently only have Galvantula as a special attacker (I like physical more, generally). I was thinking maybe Sigilyph, but I don't really like it. Anybody has any other suggestions?

In my opinion its important to pick cool pokemon, so if you have time, and ability to trade I suggest Shelmet, which you can quickly evolve into Accelgor

Definitely a keeper. Nice breed.

Also guys, I have a question. I'm currently in Twist Mountain with a team of Darmanitan/Krokorok/Archeops/Galvantula/Sawsbuck, all lv 37 or 38. I previously used a Simisage, but it got outpowered by Sawsbuck, so I dropped it. Now I'm looking for a Pokémon that couldbe beneficial to my team. I currently only have Galvantula as a special attacker (I like physical more, generally). I was thinking maybe Sigilyph, but I don't really like it. Anybody has any other suggestions?
How about Frillish/Jellicent?

In my opinion its important to pick cool pokemon, so if you have time, and ability to trade I suggest Shelmet, which you can quickly evolve into Accelgor
I have been thinking about Accelgor too, but I'm afraid there's not much he does better than Galvantula. I have thought about Jellicent too, but I don't like it too much.

I could get a Beeheeyem too, but its speed is kind of a turn-off. Maybe I'll just get a Mienshao, or maybe a Bisharp. Screw special attacks.

Am I the only one who didn't find Lenora hard at all? She hits hard, but I hit her harder. I managed to 2HKO her Watchog with Sawk's Double Kick, and I was surprised that Watchog's Retaliate fell short of a KO when it hit Sawk at full health (it had 4 HP left after the attack).

I'm also proud of the IVs of the Archen I got a couple days back (got these IVs on the 4th reset, and this Archen is Hasty): 4-15/30-31/16-17/26-27/12-13/31. Yes, I know the HP and defenses are lacking, but I was happy about the offenses.

I'm about to start training, but i'm not sure about how to get the shaking grass for Audino grinding. What's the trigger? Or do I just have to sit around and wait?

really? I thought, and am pretty sure, that you have to walk around to make them appear
This is right. Just get on your bike next to a patch of grass and cycle around. I believe it takes about 200 steps though it varies and I've found after several encounters none show up at all so I just leave the route and come back.

Also the patches occur in a certain radius around where you are so if you want the patches to spawn near the edge of grass (so you don't encounter another wild pokemon which cancels the shaking grass) then cycle further away from the grass patch but close enough so it is within the screen. Or you could just use repels as you still encounter pokemon in shaking patches regardless.

EDIT: Just finished my second playthrough of the game (so including second e4 etc) with this team:

Atlas (Samurott) Male Lv 70 Naughty Nature
Flair (Simisear) Female Lv 68 Bashful Nature
Sanger (Zebstrika) Male Lv 68 Lonely Nature
Hammertime (Scolipede) Male Lv 68 Hasty Nature
Robin (Krookodile) Female Lv 68 Lonely Nature
Kale (Sawsbuck) Male Lv 68 Gentle Nature

I was higher levelled than my first playthrough because I decided I wouldn't buy any items except for repels except for the e4. Even then I limited the amount. I was impressed with every member of my team with special mention going to Sawsbuck who with Jump Kick/Leech Seed/Horn Leech/Return @ Big Root was surprisingly amazing throughout.

Despite that my MVP still has to be Samurott who tanked most of the e4 (megahorn through move relearner is so useful).

I have to say I was disappointed with Scolipede. It did basically nothing for me after the 5th gym, and it performed horribly in the E4 despite STAB X-Scissor. I ended up dropping mine and I'm currently raising up a Larvesta to replace him for my post-E4 run.

I have to say I was disappointed with Scolipede. It did basically nothing for me after the 5th gym, and it performed horribly in the E4 despite STAB X-Scissor. I ended up dropping mine and I'm currently raising up a Larvesta to replace him for my post-E4 run.
Scolipede pretty much outspeeds everything ingame at least mine did (partly due to hasty nature) not to mention great coverage if you teach it tms.

It didn't seem worth it considering it's accuracy and PP.

It is totally fucking worth it. X-Scissor is piss weak even when super effective and Megahorn just mutilates every single one of Caitlins Pokemon besides Sygligliph (God I can't spell these names for shit).

Are the E4 in B/W this easy or is it just me? All my Pokemon were around 48-49 and yet I managed to kick they're asses with mostly Scrafty and Serperior. The only death I had within that run was Scrafty dying from Curse after taking a Fire Blast from the Fire/Ghost Pokemon. The funny part about it was that it wasn't supposed to be a serious run against them. I just wanted to see how far I could have gone against them at my current level.

Now I got to catch 720 junk pokemon so I could soft-reset/RNG the title legendary. Oh GF, why couldn't you just allowed us to have a choice between catching it now or later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)