Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

They were very easy for me the first time around. When I challenged them again, my team was around Lv. 65 and they were a heck of a lot harder. It was way more enjoyable that way. Shauntal was still ridiculously easy with Zoroark disguised as Chandelure, though.

Funny thing about Illusion is, the AI doesn't know your ability is Illusion, and therefore doesn't know it's Zoroark, yet it knows that your ability isn't the ability of the Pokemon you're disguised as. Her Cofagrigus still used Will-O-Wisp on the Chandelure disguise, though even after that she couldn't figure out it was Zoroark.

Just beat the game for the first time! And wow,
Ghetsis
was easy to beat. His
Cofagrigus
was the easiest thing to set up on with Lilligant (with a few Antidotes), and then Petal Dance outspeeds and OHKOs his whole team. Mine was only level 51, too...

And I'd been slightly worried because RNGing Zekrom meant I only had 4 of my real team with me.

I have some team questions

Here's what I have right now

(Level 40)
--Leaf Blade
--Leaf Tornado (soon to be Giga Drain)
--Strength
--Coil

This thing has a terrible movepool, basically I'm going to have Grass/Dragon/Normal coverage (it has a medium HP Electric). Any suggestions on moves I should run to make this more usable?

(Level 39)
--Strength
--Poison Jab
--Storm Throw
--Payback

I like this guy, even though I'd rather have a Scrafty or Conkeldurr. Oh well, he works quite well, and I've gone too far to replace him now.

(Level 40)
--Surf
--Mudshot (soon to be EQ)
--Poison Jab
--Uproar

I like Seismitoad a lot. Bulky, powerful, and fast. What's not to like? The only let down is the limited movepool (seriously, no Ice Beam?) but eh who cares?

(Level 40)
--Signal Beam
--Charge Beam
--Thunderbolt (soon to be Thunder)
--Flash

This guy is fantastic. Powerful and fast, with boosting moves and powerful STAB attacks. Probably best addition to the team.

(Level 39)
--Air Cutter (soon to be Air Slash
--Psybeam (soon to be Psychic)
--Charge Beam (soon to be Ice Beam)
--Fly

It has a few move issues at the moment, which makes it kind of weak, but overall I need to keep it for Fly and Ice Beam. Besides, it's probably the coolest thing Gamefreak has ever made.

And then I need a sixth poke. Right now, I have Excadrill, but I don't really like how it looks or the fact that I don't need a ground type because of Seismitoad. So I've been looking. I really like Beheeyem, Golurk, Krookodile, and Eelektross, but those types are already covered. Darmanitan would fit my team well, but I feel like every single player uses it. Beartic would suit my team's HM needs well because I need Dive and a few Ice moves, but Beartic's terrible. Cofagirus is awsome looking, but it's bad in-game. So I really don't know who to use. Can someone help me out? If in any time in the future, I need to get rid of Seismitoad, I'll bring in a Krookodile and a Jellicent, but I don't really want to get rid of my Seismitoad.

I have to say I was disappointed with Scolipede. It did basically nothing for me after the 5th gym, and it performed horribly in the E4 despite STAB X-Scissor.
I ran an Iron Defense / Agility / Baton Pass as a lead and it actually did pretty well, passing the boost to a CM Beheeyem and sweep from there.

Ghetsis
was easy to beat. His
Cofagrigus
was the easiest thing to set up on with Lilligant (with a few Antidotes), and then Petal Dance outspeeds and OHKOs his whole team. Mine was only level 51, too...

And I'd been slightly worried because RNGing Zekrom meant I only had 4 of my real team with me.
no he was really easy, he beat me once, then i basically did the same thing with my haxorus and dragon dance, i 1hit every one of his pokemon

sax king, excadrill is rock, steel, and freakin awesome, he kicks but, and i didn't find beartic that terrible, he destroyed as well, especially in the 8th gym.

Ghetsis
was easy to beat. His
Cofagrigus

I wouldnt call that EASY per say. I mean if you met him on wifi I'd imagine without any items he might have gained the upper hand. =P

Been asking in the simple questions thread and can't get anyone to help me...would someone be able to do a trade/trade back with me quick so I can evolve my gurdurr?

So happy... Finally got my Shell Smash Cloyster with a Jolly Nature and Rock Blast bred onto it... ugh, took forever to get it to level 56 (5 hrs of straight ev training/grinding)

On a side note, I caught a decent Volcarona a few days ago after only 3 resets (I got lazy)

Volcarona
Nature: Modest
Ivs: 22 / 10 / 29 / 25 / 3 / 31

Its not the best, but once I saw the 31 speed IV i was like, YES!

This thing has a terrible movepool, basically I'm going to have Grass/Dragon/Normal coverage (it has a medium HP Electric). Any suggestions on moves I should run to make this more usable?
Mine ended up with Leaf Blade/Return/Coil/Leech Seed and it worked great. Leech Seed, use Coil a few times, and sweep.

I have to say I was disappointed with Scolipede. It did basically nothing for me after the 5th gym, and it performed horribly in the E4 despite STAB X-Scissor.
Really? Mine seems to do just fine, besides having some awful luck getting critically hit. :P It's got some nice coverage with TMs.

Well I definitely just got a shiny Tepig as my starter in my 3rd playthrough, lol. Jolly nature is meh but it has a possible 31 hp iv but doesn't matter to me as I only play competitively on PO.

I have some team questions...
On Serperior, if you're gonna use Giga Drain, why not Growth over Coil? I agree, in general its moveset is lousy. In the post-game you can get Swords Dance, which makes it better.

You only need one person with Strength, so replace it with Return on the other.

I'd stick with TBolt on Galvantula, unless you are finding yourself missing out on OHKO's all the time. Thunder will miss annoyingly often.

Really? Mine seems to do just fine, besides having some awful luck getting critically hit. :P It's got some nice coverage with TMs.
Mine often ended up getting KOd very quickly after failing to KO the opponent, typically I could get maybe one KO with it and then I would have to switch out.

Well, I decided to do a White playthrough with my favorite 5th gen pokes. Anything really gonna bother me later?

Jellicent, Ferrothorn, Haxorus, Scrafty, Galvantula, Archeops

And why is it that everything turns out really physical based?

I think I just caught the best Terakion I'm going to get, or at least one that's "good enough" after nearly three days of trying.

HP: 26
Att: 19 - 20
Def: 18 - 19
SpA: 0 - 1
SpD: 23 - 24
Speed: 23 - 24

Hasty

I played around with the damage calculator and, surprisingly, the difference between 20 ATK IVs and 31 ATK IVs is only about 2%. I'd be running a Rock Polish set that looks like 136/252/124, and it's surprisingly nice all around. I guess that's to be expected, though, with base stats like his. STAB on two of the best moves doesn't hurt either.

On Serperior, if you're gonna use Giga Drain, why not Growth over Coil? I agree, in general its moveset is lousy. In the post-game you can get Swords Dance, which makes it better.

You only need one person with Strength, so replace it with Return on the other.

I'd stick with TBolt on Galvantula, unless you are finding yourself missing out on OHKO's all the time. Thunder will miss annoyingly often.
On the contrary, Thunder didn't miss once in all the 10 hours I used Galvantula. Bug + Electric STAB has really useful coverage (Flying, water, psychic, dark especially), especially considering the high BP of Bug Buzz and Thunder, making him one of the most valuable members of my team. The best special attacker ingame IMO.

How do those power items work? Are they just limited macho braces? Like, if my dude with pokerus is holding a power weight and kills an audino (2 hp evs) how many EVs will it receive in total? 12?

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
((EVs given) + 4) x 2

Therefore, it would be 12. Power items add 4 EVs before factoring in PokeRus.

Also, my Milotic was Whirlwinded into a double battle against a Braviary and a Zangoose, but wasn't one of the two initial Pokemon sent out. Did it still gain EVs?

I hate my luck....so much!

I'm breeding a Jolly drillbur now and got this:

14-15/31/31/19/31/0-1

I got so excited too when the judge reported the attack, defense and special defense to be 31s.

Damn, double damn and an extra pint of damn for the weekend.

breh

強いだね
I'm breeding a Jolly drillbur now and got this:

14-15/31/31/19/31/0-1

I got so excited too when the judge reported the attack, defense and special defense to be 31s.
So much troll

that glaring speed IV is just laughing at you.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Will I get a dusk stone before the elite 4 so I can evolve my litwick fully?
Yes. Locations include Route 10, Mistralton Cave, & a whole buch of places via Dust Clouds, including Wellspring Cave & Chargestone Cave.

In other news, I've beaten Game Freak Morimoto, Agiligross sweep FTW...Altough I had to revive it twice, once due to a low Earthquake roll allowing Simisear to KO, & the second due to a missed Meteor Mash against Simisage, which let it KO...

I need some advice about the scythers i’ve bred on pearl the old school way and hoping to trade to my black to complete the post e4 section.

Hp/at/def/spA/spD/speed

Scyther 1 female adamant tech 31/31/24/31/31/13
Scyther 2 male adamant techni 14/31/30/31/31/21

Which one is superior for a bulky SD’s set? I’ve bred them on pearl so I won’t have access to bug bite, is x scizor an acceptable replacement or should I hold out until I get hg/ss?

Thanks for the help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)