Pokémon TCG #2 - Diamond/Pearl - Won by Alaka!

Sign-Ups
Round 1
Round 2

Round 3 Pairings

SevenDeadlySins vs Mekkah
Deck Knight vs Alaka

Reminder: Only the sets listed in the rules are legal. That means only the DP sets and HGSS Unleashed, so not Undaunted.

Deadline is August 30th. Six games at most in six days, and as long as there's a weekend included I think everyone is fine.

Round 4 Pairings

Alaka vs Mekkah

Let's do this.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
GGs Mekkah.

I played Gyarados the whole time, with the same list I used for the second states and regionals and the little bit of nationals I got to play (list below, dp on is dead anyway xD). The list was perfected after playing Gyarados literally the entire season, because it was cheap to buy in singles when I started. My list drops tech things like Luxray and Toxi G, in order to be as consistant as possible, especially against SP, by leaving room for 4 Gyarados, 4 Sableye, 4 BTS, 5 basic search etc. This allowed me to have a great record against LuxChomp and awesomely decent match against DialgaChomp. When you can easily recur Gyarados every time and 1hko the lux without having to belt, Luxray with falter. Solitone was great as an engine because it was entirely basic, so only a collector away. Especially since half of it you need to discard Magikarp like you would normally get Regice. Basically much easier to get out than Regice and Claydol. Also Solitone only has one retreat, so a Luxray Bright Look, retreat to Garchomp Dragon Rush play isn't as scary. It's also easily recurable as after a Dragon Rush you are only one Pokemon Rescue away from your whole engine again.

Pokemon: 20

4 - Sableye SF
4 - Magikarp SF
4 - Gyarados SF
1 - Unown G GE
1 - Lunatone GE
1 - Solrock SV
1 - Azelf LA
1 - Unown Q MD
2 - Crobat G PL
1 - Combee SF

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 33

4 - Pokemon Collector
1 - Rosseane's Research
2 - Bebe's Search
1 - Luxury Ball
4 - Felicity's Drawing
4 - Pokemon Rescue
4 - Broken Time Space
4 - Super Scoop Up
4 - Poketurn
3 - PlusPower
2 - Expert Belt

Energy: 7

3 - Call Energy
3 - Cyclone Energy
1 - Basic Darkness

Anyway I had fun playing with everybody, and sorry I could never get redshark to work xD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)