Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
aww but at least he wouldn't get lefties recovery anymore, right? :c
Which is more than compensated with Recover, so I don't really see any bad part going for Sableye with eviolite that he didn't have before. Even though I was implying the evolution itself. An immunity to dragon and superior stats at the cost of a weakness or two is like getting a brand new 3DS (XL) at the cost of five bucks.

Which is more than compensated with Recover, so I don't really see any bad part going for Sableye with eviolite that he didn't have before. Even though I was implying the evolution itself. An immunity to dragon and superior stats at the cost of a weakness or two is like getting a brand new 3DS (XL) at the cost of five bucks.
but that's implying it'll keep prankster. c:
riolu didn't keep prankster, did it?

toroba's a boy? i totally thought female from looking at that hair, heh.

all the same, considering the likely personality and [his] hair, he kinda reminds me of kenny from the original beyblade series. anyone remember that? tierno's "gentle giant" stance reminds me of my best friend - he's not fat, but he's very tall, and when he doesn't shave he does look a little scary, but he's really the nicest guy ever.

sana looks like a ditz, though. arugh. and jesus, do legs actually get that thin? i have never seen that.
Bow-legged. I'm trying to imagine her speaking English, and she comes off as a bow-legged southern bell in my mind. Plus, she looks 11, so as a scrawny little girl, she's not going to have any dimension to any of her body. Jeez, Shiruba, stop staring little girls who don't radiate hot babe up and down :PPP

What stats seem likely for Sylveon to have? I think it might have Espeon or Jolteon stats, it has to be something good as Sylveon seems to be the face of Fairy types now. And we should ignore the observations on it so far. We know nothing on how strong that move was and I noticed how conveniently we could not see Sylveon's level even though it was the trainer's pokemon.

Bow-legged. I'm trying to imagine her speaking English, and she comes off as a bow-legged southern bell in my mind. Plus, she looks 11, so as a scrawny little girl, she's not going to have any dimension to any of her body. Jeez, Shiruba, stop staring little girls who don't radiate hot babe up and down :PPP
i still don't think little girls have huge thigh gaps. jesus christ.

would you prefer i stare at little boys who radiate hot babe ( ͡° ͜ʖ͡°)

but that's implying it'll keep prankster. c:
riolu didn't keep prankster, did it?
Good point, but still he's more of an exception rather than the rule. He's one of the VERY FEW Pokemon who has had their ability change. (I'm pretty sure it's less than 10) Then again most of them had a type change as well so I guess you got a point. (i.e. Kirlia to Gallade)

What stats seem likely for Sylveon to have? I think it might have Espeon or Jolteon stats, it has to be something good as Sylveon seems to be the face of Fairy types now. And we should ignore the observations on it so far. We know nothing on how strong that move was and I noticed how conveniently we could not see Sylveon's level even though it was the trainer's pokemon.
I kind of want Sylveon to have stats similar to Glaceon. If Fairy doesn't have exploitable weaknesses, Glaceon's stat spread alone might be really good on it.

i still don't think little girls have huge thigh gaps. jesus christ.

would you prefer i stare at little boys who radiate hot babe ( ͡° ͜ʖ͡°)
COMMENTS WITHELD :x
-Yveltal needs a turn to recharge-

I kind of want Sylveon to have stats similar to Glaceon. If Fairy doesn't have exploitable weaknesses, Glaceon's stat spread alone might be really good on it.
I am not so sure, those defenses would be nothing to scoff at granted but Sylveon will be going against Dragons, that low HP will not let it live long. Sure more than high speed instead would let it live but Sylveon would be sure to hit first to any Dragon in the OU with even Espeon's speed.

I don't really understand why they made Fairy Pokémon with the intent of evening out Dragons, since Dragon Pokémon were made to be OP this whole time. They can come up in flavor reasons in-game but it might just be the game designers shot at evening out the competitive field a little. We'll have to see just how well thought out the Fairy-types field interactions and move availability are before we determine just how threatening Azumarill will be to Hydreigon in the future.

So, girls!

What with the movie and this poster telling us about a prequel that will be aired on tv two days before the movies release, July is likely to be Mewtwo's month where we get the official name of his new form.
Anyone who can read Japanese - what's special about the Eevee?

Anyone who can read Japanese - what's special about the Eevee?
They're giving one away that knows Sing to tie in as a commemorative in-game piece of memorabilia for the Pikachu-Sylveon short, since apparently the Eevee in the movie can sing/it's voiced by a popular singer. It's being given away during a garden party hosted by Ikimono-gakari.

From first glance at the rivals, ehh, I won't judge, but I don't get the awesomeness that I did from Hugh (Or Silver) from last gen. However, +1 for the more down to Earth feel of them, I do like the Vanillite shirt, and the Orange haired gir- I mean guy, appears interesting as well, although the girl is my least favorite.

The most intruiging part about the rivals, however, is the whole cafe scene. Could this be a regular meeting place? A one time story specific event? Also, not to bother anyone, but could someone translate the text in the two screenshots?

From first glance at the rivals, ehh, I won't judge, but I don't get the awesomeness that I did from Hugh (Or Silver) from last gen.

[d-did you just say i'm awesome?
...of course i am! i'm obviously stronger than all of those pathetic excuses for rivals!
/huff]

The most intruiging part about the rivals, however, is the whole cafe scene. Could this be a regular meeting place?
i'd like to think that these places might be some sort of new feature. like, maybe it's a special kind of shop that you can buy exclusive things in [and maybe get additional benefits for being a regular? would be cool]

From first glance at the rivals, ehh, I won't judge, but I don't get the awesomeness that I did from Hugh (Or Silver) from last gen. However, +1 for the more down to Earth feel of them, I do like the Vanillite shirt, and the Orange haired gir- I mean guy, appears interesting as well, although the girl is my least favorite.

The most intruiging part about the rivals, however, is the whole cafe scene. Could this be a regular meeting place? A one time story specific event? Also, not to bother anyone, but could someone translate the text in the two screenshots?
The characters are a bit fuzzy to get the specifics and my Japanese is extremely limited, but some mentalism indicates that the conversation is something that happens early game, probably before you get your first Pokémon. They kind of remind me of the groups of friends from the Megaman Battle Network and StarForce continuities...That building may be a special establishment in the starting town.

toroba's a boy? i totally thought female from looking at that hair, heh.
My sisters said the same thing about your avatar.

I wonder if we are going to get some really cool fairy type pokemon. Sure fairies can do cute, but perhaps some sort of angelic from could carry the type and still emanate awesome?

[d-did you just say i'm awesome?

...of course i am! i'm obviously stronger than all of those pathetic excuses for rivals!

/huff]

i'd like to think that these places might be some sort of new feature. like, maybe it's a special kind of shop that you can buy exclusive things in [and maybe get additional benefits for being a regular? would be cool]
Don't get all tsundere on me :P.

Hmm, sounds interesting, and considering the extensive customizing and personal features they're adding, this could be a reality ^.^.

The characters are a bit fuzzy to get the specifics and my Japanese is extremely limited, but some mentalism indicates that the conversation is something that happens early game, probably before you get your first Pokémon. They kind of remind me of the groups of friends from the Megaman Battle Network and StarForce continuities...That building may be a special establishment in the starting town.
Thanks! I sure wish I could read Japanese >_>.
So maybe this is what you do after you walk out of the house? Discuss your invitation to so and so's lab to get a (Chespin) starter from the professor.

*Dragon immunity (assuming the Pokébeach "leaks" are correct in regard to Fairy's attributes)
That'd also mean Fairy/Steel takes only neutral damage from Steel, and super effective damage from just Fire & Fighting (Fairy lacks any traditional resistances; again, if the "leaks" are correct).

Anyway, moving away from that.

I'm actually no longer excited about Mewtwo's new forme. I mean I don't suddenly hate it or anything, I'm just not hyped for it like I used to be.

What I AM hyped for are the new rival/friend characters shown in the CoroCoro leaks!

From left to right, they're Tierno, Toroba, and Sana.

Tierno's name means "tender" or "gentle" in Spanish, so he looks to be the gentle giant kind of character!
Toroba's hairstyle, outfit, and fascination with the device he's holding makes me think he's at least an introverted intellectual, if not a haughty genius.
Assuming the three are already friends when you meet them, I can totally see Sana as the not-quite-Bianca-level-flighty-but-still-typically-girly glue to their little circle.

Both Tierno and Toroba like Sana, but Toroba's too proud to admit it (think mild tsundere), and Tierno's too much of a lug to realize it. Sana's innocently unaware of the boys' feelings and thinks of them as her two best friends.

All that said, Sana is definitely my favorite new human character. So adorable! <3
I'm guessing that thing on his wrist is a PSS.

The little multicolored bead on top looks like a Pokeball, but that could be me making things up that aren't there.

I think the bangle/bracelet/wristwatch device activates the PSS server as one of a few functions, but it's not the PSS in and of itself.
Hmm. Multifunctional wristwatch with a holographic display? I mean the Pokedex looks like it came out of Star Wars or something.

Wow, Toroba, Tieruno, and Sana seem like a bunch of misfits. Sort of gives me the feel of the prolong to Kingdom Hearts 2, ya'know Roxa's whole gang and what not.

Hmm. Multifunctional wristwatch with a holographic display? I mean the Pokedex looks like it came out of Star Wars or something.
Ah, you also thought it might be holographic :D
It's a very futuristic adaptation of the C-Gear if it's used for wireless purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)