Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless Syleon gets 110/130 base speed I don't see any fairys outspeeding dragons. The only potential use for fairy would be fairy Arceus and fairy/normal Chansey and Blissey who will then be moved to Ubers and then dragons will run rampant in OU.
Sylveon doesn't nessesarily has to be the fastest fairy and is definitely not the only new fairy type.

I have to say, I like almost all of the retypings here. Changing Meloetta's Normal typing to Fairy means that we lose 2 unique type combos, but flavor-wise it makes sense. I thought that Mawile could use a secondary Fairy type, but it could probably stay pure-Steel without too much hassle.

EDIT: I notice that the list of moves is severely lacking in damaging attacks. Aside from the highly exclusive Relic Song and slightly less exclusive Teeter Dance, there aren't any other moves that could be retyped to Fairy, unless there are some other moves not on the list that could be justifiably retconned to the type. That means Gen VI hopefully should introduce a decent number of damaging Fairy moves, aside from the already-shown ones.

oh my god will you be quiet about it needing to be pink and girly to be faerie

that's like saying that altaria and dragonair aren't dragons because they're elegant and not brutal looking or dragonite because it's actually really cute [look at that smiley face~]

dragon =/= tough/badass
fairy =/= cute, feminine

get out of your stupid little stereotypes plz

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'd hate to see Jirachi lose that steel type (more of a competitive mindset here) but hey I don't think they'll retype every psychic/normal monotype as fairies.

that's like saying that altaria and dragonair aren't dragons because they're elegant and not brutal looking or dragonite because it's actually really cute [look at that smiley face~]

dragon =/= tough/badass
fairy =/= cute, feminine

I agree with this.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus

dragon =/= tough/badass
fairy =/= cute, feminine

Dragonite Objects

Dragonite has always held that manly man possession since being Lance's pokemon.

I'd hate to see Jirachi lose that steel type (more of a competitive mindset here) but hey I don't think they'll retype every psychic/normal monotype as fairies.
i'd think it'd become fairy/steel actually, before fairy/psychic ouo
definitely something to think about. would lose the poison and steel weaknesses due to its secondary typing, while still having that potent iron head serene grace combo.

I'm on Soul Fly's side. It's almost ridiculous that you guys don't agree that for the MAJORITY of people fairies are petite and cute and dragons are tough and strong. lmfao stereotypes are such for a reason

Dragonite Objects

Dragonite has always held that manly man possession since being Lance's pokemon.

still. that first picture with dragonite + tumour made me laugh for like two minutes

edit
I'm on Soul Fly's side. It's almost ridiculous that you guys don't agree that for the MAJORITY of people fairies are petite and cute and dragons are tough and strong. lmfao stereotypes are such for a reason
so? doesn't mean gamefreak can't break a stereotype. it also doesn't mean that a faerie can't beat a dragon.
cute =/= lacking in power
see: azumarill, jirachi, mew, shaymin [both formes], manaphy, vaporeon, etc.

Three new pokes and a new battle style apparently. Read pokebeach

http://pokebeach.com/

Well, one looks like Fire bird's evolution but the other two are definitely new. Site says the sea horse uses a Poison-type attack so maybe we'll have a good Water/Poison ahead?. The other poke is decent I guess

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just found out about this...all I have to say is FUCK YES. I'm excited for the changes this will bring to the new generation, both in-game and competitively. Super effective against Dragon? Looks like Sylveon already has a niche.

Fairy/Ghost-Water/Dark/Poison (Leafy seadragon), Flying-Fire (Fletchling-evo), Bug/Electric-Dark/Water (Crustacean thing). My predictions.

"Hast du Lust auf einem Himmelskampf gegen mich..." means "Do you want to have a battle in the air with me?" for the non-German speaking peeps here.

Edit: My bad, it has already been translated on Pokebeach...

If you think Hydreigon is the most problematic dragon, you should take another look.
I never said Hydreigon was the most problematic, that's just me being annoyed that my favorite Pokemon's going to have even more issues :c and if Fairy-Type resists Dragon.. well Chansey is as close to a Counter as I want to get with this Mon :P guess I'm biased

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)