Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want this too. It could be a major help in a gym battle, for example, with proper timing, and it would just be an overall badass thing to see mid-battle.

You're kicking some Lass's butt in a battle and your Combusken evolves into Blaziken before she sends out her best mon, which happens to be weak to Blaze Kick. It's not a huge deal but it's still epic.
The only thing that I do feel should be a button similar to mega evolution in battle is Giratina's form change using Griesious Orb. It would be really cool if Giratina could change form mid battle without wasting a turn. And why stop at Giratina, Shaymin and Meloetta needs to be able change form in a similar way.

I've had mixed feelings about the whole "Bond" system since it was revealed what it did. I'm starting to settle into the side of liking it more than i dislike it. I've noticed that many people have said that there are now so many threats in the metagames that it's impossible to prepare for them all. That statement is said over and over in the RMT section, and is even mentioned in the banning process from time to time if I remember correctly. I think that this Bond system and the perks that it gives, yes, are rather luck-based, but they do make it so you have the potential to make the battle turn around, or at least five you a fighting chance against the random one threat your team couldn't prepare for. There will be over 700 Pokemon this generation. 6 lil Pokemon with 4 lil moves simply cannot stand up to them all without some kind of help. It'll all be determined by the statistical likelihoods of the little perks happening in once we know in October, but as of right now, I'm liking it more and more.

#Poke-rant and opinions

Thoughts, Smogon?
For the role play aspect, Pokemon has always been about bonding with Pokemon. In that regard It gives the people who are proud of there Pokes that little bit extra in the heat of battle. Like if you need a crit in a battle to win, one of your guys pulls through.

To be honest I'm all for it, change is always good. On a side note, it looks like we all have to go back to breeding for IV's doing the Elite 4 to level up and grind to raise teams. This generation symbolises bonds and putting in hard work, as like with anything in life the more you put it, the more you get out.

Atleast im happy that fire resists fairy. Imo fire needs more pokemons in OU, atm there are few. But with rain everywhere thats gonna be hard with the fire dmg being halved, but it's a start tha fires got temselves something special. Also the fac tha time flair is all fire-ish looking, i guess there will be quite some more new fires this gen.

The pokemon I'm most interested in to know how it looks is Litleos evo. we'll have to wait and see for what gamefreak has done with rain for gen 6.

Atleast im happy that fire resists fairy. Imo fire needs more pokemons in OU, atm there are few. But with rain everywhere thats gonna be hard with the fire dmg being halved, but it's a start tha fires got temselves something special. Also the fac tha time flair is all fire-ish looking, i guess there will be quite some more new fires this gen.

The pokemon I'm most interested in to know how it looks is Litleos evo. we'll have to wait and see for what gamefreak has done with rain for gen 6.
If Litleo evolves into a Fire/Poison Manticore, it will be the ultimate fairy slayer.

Here's to hoping.

If Litleo evolves into a Fire/Poison Manticore, it will be the ultimate fairy slayer.

Here's to hoping.
I imagine his evo to be bulky offensive mon with very high atack and HP. And kinda not hopinh posion/fire because of the massive common earhtquake weakness (yet if partnered with levitating poke)

Anyway I'm doubting posion as second type. It does have the tail shape, but nothing in the color sceme kinda hins posion. Also considering he amount of normal type attack it has in the demo, I think it might stay these types. Yet none of this says anything yet. I'm just hoping for a lion that can make it too OU and fires kinda gain some usage. Atleast them resisting fairy is a good start.

I believe the Pokebeach leaks were first revealed sometime around the reveal of Gogoat, Helioptile, Pancham, and Fletchling, because part of it was calling their English names a day before they were officially revealed.
Actually, the rumors started being sent to Pokebeach around Februrary.
iirc, this information comes from a person* who played the games at digipen around this time.

*I'm not sure if magelief himself played it or if he knew someone who did

Probably worth remembering that the Pokebeach rumours will have come from a Beta version of the game and therefore will have undergone iteration since then, perhaps one of those iterations was the type chart - and I think if Game Freak are balancing any competitive matchups, it's most likely the doubles format that sees the majority of the balance tweaking.

One of the standout rumours that make me believe this was the rumour that MewTwo had 2 formes, one that resembled Mewtwo (MEvo) but that it's second forme resembled Mew more - which to me sounds like a MEvo for Mew and the person was describing something that they may have seen but not understood as the game underwent further development and MEvos may not have been in the version of the game they were testing.

Serebii updated and it states that Pokemon Amie boosts:
1. Critical Hits
2. Evasion
3. Chance to heal from Paralysis
4. Chance to survive with 1 HP

I imagine his evo to be bulky offensive mon with very high atack and HP. And kinda not hopinh posion/fire because of the massive common earhtquake weakness (yet if partnered with levitating poke)

Anyway I'm doubting posion as second type. It does have the tail shape, but nothing in the color sceme kinda hins posion. Also considering he amount of normal type attack it has in the demo, I think it might stay these types. Yet none of this says anything yet. I'm just hoping for a lion that can make it too OU and fires kinda gain some usage. Atleast them resisting fairy is a good start.
Personally, I'm hoping for Litleo to have a split evolution, so it can either become a Fire/Normal lion or a Fire/Poison manticore.

Thank you for the deductive reasoning. :)

Now that Pokebeach type chart is disproven, I see more credibility in the PokeSmash skit where they show off Sylveon matchups. In particular, Sylveon matchup against Fighting and Ice type is still up in the air, since we can't conclude about them from the demo.

Although, the Pokebeach rumor may have just gotten the Psychic resist part mixed up and the rest is maybe accurate. The Smash skit did do something with Steel and Poison and we know from the rumor that those types is Super-Effective on Fairy. Iirc, Smash did a skit on Poison and a super effective pops up on the screen. So a correlation between Smash and Pokebeach rumor exist in that respect.
not completely disproven, between smash and the leak dark type effectiveness could still be true. In fact, it's already been proven that fairy is SE against dark so that put's the ball back in the leaker's court.

not completely disproven, between smash and the leak dark type effectiveness could still be true. In fact, it's already been proven that fairy is SE against dark so that put's the ball back in the leaker's court.
I don't even think that Fairy being resisted by Psychic has been disproved. For all we know (and I've watched a lot of playthroughs of the demo so this seems feasible), Exeggutor could've been retyped to Grass/Fairy, and according to WPM leaks, Fairy was neutral against itself. I know this is unlikely, but it does at least line up with what we know so far.

I don't even think that Fairy being resisted by Psychic has been disproved. For all we know (and I've watched a lot of playthroughs of the demo so this seems feasible), Exeggutor could've been retyped to Grass/Fairy, and according to WPM leaks, Fairy was neutral against itself. I know this is unlikely, but it does at least line up with what we know so far.
I think I'd be more willing to believe that the leaker was mistaken or misremembered this one aspect than assume that Exeggutor was randomly retyped into Fairy

But another Exeggutor in that video took not very effective damage from Fennekin's Psybeam. Unless I missed something, Fairy doesn't resist Psychic, right? Or does it?

pokemon amie sounds like another ingame boost, ie, one that won't be applied in pvp battles like potions aren't allowed in pvp. you know, just in case you guys thought ingame pokemon was hard. it would be interesting to see this implemented like the wonder launcher (if that still exists).
I disagree. That's like saying that megaevos will also be disallowed in wifi battles because they give too many benefits. Clearly GF wants all pokemon to have a chance to shine, and not be curbstomped by some hrpdrp outrage user

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
The tail resembles a stinger, and I wouldn't exactly give a Pokemon an extra Normal typing just cause. It's likely to change upon evo, and Fire / Poison seems very possible.

The tail resembles a stinger, and I wouldn't exactly give a Pokemon an extra Normal typing just cause. It's likely to change upon evo, and Fire / Poison seems very possible.
Pokemon types rarely change upon evo, with the exceptions of Eevee and Skorupi. Any single-types gaining a type are also excluded, such as Togepi and the sinnoh starters. Besides, it's tail resembles a flame. Though I guess I could see a stinger.

Also, I believe Oorotto is a Rock-type, the final evolution of Sudowoodo

Don't get me wrong- I am all for Litleo having a Fire/Poison evolution. More than most, in fact. But still, I gotta point out a little flaw in that logic- if Pokémon don't just get extra Normal typings just cause, then what was the reasoning behind Deerling being Normal/Grass, as opposed to pure Grass, or Girafarig being Normal/Psychic instead of pure Psychic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)