[Pokebank OU] Rate my "Firstish" competitive team

So I have made like two competitive teams in the past but they've never had great success rates. This is my first time getting a team rated so I appreciate the help.

For my team I decided to start with one of my favorite pokemon (design wise) from this gen...Noivern.

For her, I decided to go with the specs set in order to boost her SAtk to match her already insane speed. Now this set...and Noivern...is really only good for two things: scouting and revenge killing. Therefore I needed a good physical partner to follow her up.

Scizor is always a good physical presence and is a good counter to the fairies that could give my draconic bat trouble. Priority and and STAB U-turn is also a plus.

I also needed a good spinner to take care of the S.Rocks that could cripple my nocturnal nightmare, as well as a decent mega. Blastoise provided decent bulk, as well as the ability to check ghosts and dark types through dark pulse and dragons with ice beam. It also could provide coverage against fire for poor Scizor.

upload_2014-2-1_21-41-0.jpeg

With Blastoise on the team, I needed something that could counter electricity. Amoongus could answer this call with bulk, recovery, and spore...As well as keeping fairies at bay with Sludge Bomb.

As Noivern lacked Defense, I figured that an Intimidator was a great way to deter physical threats. I chose Krook for his ability to provide my own set of S.Rocks, as well as his affinity for Knocking off items while providing a decent physical prowess of his own.

upload_2014-2-1_21-45-40.jpeg

Finally, I thought a good cleric would provide a great support for my team, as many of its members lacked a viable form of recovery. Florges was chosen for its overall high specially defensive prowess, as well as its typing...which could counter those nasty dragon types that could plague my own dragon.

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Naive/Infiltrator
4 def/ 252 SAtk/ 252 Spd
-Draco Meteor
-Flamethrower
-Focus Blast
-U-turn

My revenge killer/sometimes lead. I use him to get an early u-turn or powerful move in depending on the situation. Later in the match, he mostly is used to revenge kill any pokemon that it can finish off. Basic Noivern set.

Krookodile @ Leftovers
Impish/Intimidate
248 HP/ 8 Atk/ 252 Def
-Earthquake
-Knock Off
-Taunt
-Stealth Rock

Intimidate can be used to cripple physical threats, and taunt can be used to prevent status, set-ups, and screens. Knock-off is always useful to get rid of annoying leftovers, life-orbs, and eviolites, and setting up Stealth Rock on switch in is nice. Earthquake for STAB attack move.

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Modest/Mega Launcher
252 HP/ 252 SAtk/ 4 SDef
-Rapid Spin
-Water Pulse
-Dark Pulse
-Ice Beam

Basic Mega Blastoise set. Chose him because I needed a strong spinner to get rid of entry hazzards. Water Pulse chosen over Hydro Pump for accuracy and extra confusion effect. Ice Beam was chosen for greater type coverage.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Bold/Regenerator
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SDef
-Spore
-Giga Drain
-Sludge Bomb
-Stun Spore

Great for spreading status (Spore is always good) and walling pokemon that have neutral or not effective damage. Regenerator/Giga Drain/Black Sludge provide excellent recovery. Sludge Bomb helps deal with fairies that would otherwise pose a threat to Noivern or Krookodile and electric types that would zap Blastoise.

Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant/Technician
252 Atk/ 252 HP/ 4 SDef
-Pursuit
-Bullet Punch
-U-turn
-Roost

Again, basic Scizor set. Roost chosen for recovery to give it more lasting power. Used as primary attacker for team. STAB bullet punch helps take care of faries that threaten Noivern and helps it in the U-turn role to scout out threats. Pursuit helps take care of Dark and Ghosts or any threat that switches out.

Florges @ Leftovers
Bold/Flower Veil
252 HP/ 252 SDef/ 4 SAtk
-Protect
-Aromatherapy
-Moonblast
-Wish

Special Attacker/Cleric. Wish is very good for team members that lack recovery and Aromatherapy is great to get rid of status. Calm mind boosted Moonblast from Florges can be a terrible weapon and is there to help check dragon types that my team may have a problem otherwise handling.

Attachments

Last edited:

Orphic

perhaps
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I would change the EV spread on Florges, Florges is better off as a special wall, especially with the very supportive set you have chosen for your Florges. Try the spread 252 HP/ 252 SDef / 4 SAtk.

I would also change the EV spread on your Scizor, mainly because Scizor has one weakness, fire, and any amount of defensive investment isn't going to help it survive a STAB Fire Blast from Mega Charizard Y or even any Lava Plume from Heatran:
4 SpA Heatran Lava Plume vs. 248 HP / 148 SpD Scizor: 436-520 (127.1 - 151.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Try using the spread: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef.

Orphic

perhaps
Not particularly, Florges boasts a higher special defense and higher special attack! I've tested both and find Florges to be a better special wall. Not to mention more speed, base 75 is not bad for a wall n_n

I'd think Krookodile would be too slow to effectively use Taunt, no? I would recommend giving it Stone Edge for QuakeEdge coverage, since it's a pretty big offensive presence. Also, why don't you run Boomburst on Noivern? The Specs boost make it monstrously powerful, with no drawbacks.

Orphic

perhaps
I'd think Krookodile would be too slow to effectively use Taunt, no? I would recommend giving it Stone Edge for QuakeEdge coverage, since it's a pretty big offensive presence. Also, why don't you run Boomburst on Noivern? The Specs boost make it monstrously powerful, with no drawbacks.
Hm I thought this about Krook as well but it's viable.
I've personally not had good experiences with boomburst, despite it's power, it adds nothing in terms of coverage which focus blast and flamethrower do, idk, that's just the way I see it.

Here's another quick question, remember this is my first time rating my team. Do you think my poke's roles are clear and viable. Does the synergy work? If I'm not supposed to ask this I'm sorry Im not really confident in my team building abilities

I'd go Fire Blast > Flamethrower on Noivern, unless you REALLY need the 100% accuracy. Fire Blast sports higher power, which would be nice for clearing out stuff, especially with Choice Specs damage. Whatever floats your boat, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)