Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reposting since nobody responded the last time >.>

man, the names are right under them too...

Can anybody read them?
I think Serebii translated a couple of the names, but some of it can't be (not clear enough I think).

I'm kind of curious at the one next to the chick and Jessie. Looks like something with a shark fin and dragonfly eyes :P

King cobra grass/steel like I predicted
Mijumaru water/fighting like I predicted
Pokabu Fire/Ground like I predicted
Zekrom Dragon/Electric like I predicted

would be ftw :3
Grass/Steel would be the ultimate Kingdra Counter
Fire/Ground the physical sweeper immune to Twave and WoW
Dragon/Electric Unresisted STAB bar Magnezone and Steelix

I'm kind of curious at the one next to the chick and Jessie. Looks like something with a shark fin and dragonfly eyes :P
A preevo of the ant-thing from the trailer maybe?

Grass/Steel would be the ultimate Kingdra Counter
Fire/Ground the physical sweeper immune to Twave and WoW
Dragon/Electric Unresisted STAB bar Magnezone and Steelix
Sounds like Zekrom will be the new top-tier uber beside of Reshiram because of Unresisted STAB's and how match Kyogre will hate Zekrom.

I think Serebii translated a couple of the names, but some of it can't be (not clear enough I think).

Yeah, the girl with iris and the Koffing with the personality complex is Koromori

Sounds like Zekrom will be the new top-tier uber beside of Reshiram because of Unresisted STAB's and how match Kyogre will hate Zekrom.
Zekrom is also the ultimate electric counter due to it's x4 resist elec. Kyogre will have a love hate relationship with it :P

Am I the only one of the opinion that the thing below the Koffing-Zubat could be related to the hammerhead bug dragon revealed a few days ago?

Also lol at all the people NOW saying "I totally liked wotter from the start." Not gonna lie, I never did, and I won't unless I see it's final evo and it is a samurai otter.

In all honesty I didn't hate any of the starters. I just liked tsutaja the best lookswise

However, if it ends up that tsutaja is ultimately the worst poke to pick/another starter looks totally amazing then I'll pick something else

Am I the only one of the opinion that the thing below the Koffing-Zubat could be related to the hammerhead bug dragon revealed a few days ago?

Also lol at all the people NOW saying "I totally liked wotter from the start." Not gonna lie, I never did, and I won't unless I see it's final evo and it is a samurai otter.
You're never the only one. Don't say that. No idea is an original one. It drives me crazy when people start a thought with that. I can attest to this as I also felt like the the little undescribable thing next to Jessie looks something like a first stage pseudo-legendary, and since I feel like the lime-green axe-headed badass is at least one of this gen's pseudo-legendaries, I put two and two together... But then again, we have to consider that those are pre-production sketches for the anime, and I don't think they'd give something like that to someone apparently so early on. That, and they really don't look much alike. They don't look alike at all, really, but it's hard to tell. Also, Serebii needs to stop saying things that aren't near true. Saying it looks like a mantis from a fuzzy picture has everyone convinced it looks bug-like when it really doesn't.

On that note, I hope it becomes Dragon/Steel. Lol, Garchomp only wishes it had that typing.

Are people really claiming that now? I'm also one of the people detested (and still detest) Mijumaru, and just because it's has a badass evolution isn't going to change that. It would annoy me if I spotted someone saying they always liked Mijumaru and never really did, too.

The only reason big goofy clown noses didn't look bad on earlier Pokemon is because they didn't have a mouth too, LOL.

I liked him eventually. Not initially, but he grew on me. I did before Otturai was revealed, that's for sure, and I think I'll have to GO with
Mijumaru my first playthrough.

Then again, assuming it works how I suspect it would, the idea of having multiple saves on your freaking computer and simply loading different ones on and off your computer means I might be able to use two separate saves/protagonists...in that case...still using Mijumaru on my first playthrough.

Also, I have a strange image of Otturai chasing after a bunch of Mijumaru haters and shouting "Am I emo NOW?" after them while charging a Hydro Pump. With a Sonic the Hedgehog grin on its face.

Attempt to unsee THAT picture, Mijumaru haters.

I was just trying to see if anyone else thought that. It would be ridiculous to think nobody else had that thought as well.

Also just thinking of this now, if that taratula revealed earlier is an Ariados evo, then there should be one for Ledian as well. And those two are my favorite early-game bugs ever, it would be awesome for them be lurking around in the forest this gen.

I cannot wait 4 2011 4 pokemon black and white
The legendaries look so badass that i can't decide on which game

I'm pretty confident that the thing next to Jessie's foot is the next Pseudo. But this is probably because it reminds me of Gible.

On the topic of starters, my favorite is and always will be Pokabu. I've always had a soft spot for fire pokes, and Steath Cocks was really a kick in the balls for me.

On the topic of starters, my favorite is and always will be Pokabu. I've always had a soft spot for fire pokes, and Steath Cocks was really a kick in the balls for me.
Hopefully they make its speed stat usable so it won't be the Torterra of the next generation...

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
I'm pretty confident that the thing next to Jessie's foot is the next Pseudo. But this is probably because it reminds me of Gible.

Funny - it reminded me of Larvitar. Either case, it's a pseudo.

Now, to be honest... I never liked Sad Otter - I'm not going to lie about that - and although I'm warming up to it, I still don't really like it. But it doesn't matter, because his evolutions are heading in the right direction, I pray that his final form is truly a warrior/samurai. His second form is already one of my favorite 2nd forms of any generation.

Smugleaf is still a nice design in my opinion, but his evolution is not at all. Sort of the inverse of Gen III, where I disliked Trecko but loved Grovyle.

The Fire Boar is still my favorite first former, but I don't know what path the designers intend to take for it's evolutions... there's good potential, but also potential for disaster.

Also, I'm pretty sure that electric Tarantula is NOT going to be an ariados evolution, although both of the GSC bugs could use one. And that dunsparce evo from a few pages back needs to happen more than anything else.

The names are hard to read, but the starters' names appear to be different from their confirmed names. Pokabu is the same, but i'm sure that the other two don't say Tsutaja or Mijumaru. The human names and Blackie (umbreon) are correct though. It's possible they could be nicknames.

The bat's name is koromori, that is clear as day.

The thing with the fin and big eyes is yobako or yopako, however the last letter 'ko' is very vague and it's only my best guess.

Mijimaru's evo is Rakonosua. The 'a' at the end is again my best guess, and the 'su' could easily be 'ru'. I'm certain of the Rakono part though. Edit: Looking at it again, the last letter could be an I, making 'rakonosui'. This makes sense as it is a combo of engrish 'raccoon' and water (sui).

Tsutaja's evo is blurred to hell and i can only make out the first letter 'ke' and that the third letter is extended. We'll have to wait for a better image.

Funny - it reminded me of Larvitar. Either case, it's a pseudo.

Now, to be honest... I never liked Sad Otter - I'm not going to lie about that - and although I'm warming up to it, I still don't really like it. But it doesn't matter, because his evolutions are heading in the right direction, I pray that his final form is truly a warrior/samurai. His second form is already one of my favorite 2nd forms of any generation.

Smugleaf is still a nice design in my opinion, but his evolution is not at all. Sort of the inverse of Gen III, where I disliked Trecko but loved Grovyle.

The Fire Boar is still my favorite first former, but I don't know what path the designers intend to take for it's evolutions... there's good potential, but also potential for disaster.

Also, I'm pretty sure that electric Tarantula is NOT going to be an ariados evolution, although both of the GSC bugs could use one. And that dunsparce evo from a few pages back needs to happen more than anything else.

Now that i think about it, it also does look a lot like Larvitar as well. And Pokabu will always be awesomesauce, even if it has a base speed of 5, i will still pick it over anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)