Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl - Release 19th Nov 2021

Rock Climb is TM100. When you collect TMs like this and Defog, they automatically get registered to the Pokétch so you can use them out of battle

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Maybe I'm presuming too much but why has every Switch Pokemon game thus far had such a boring title screen. The cover legendary doesn't even show up? Come on!!!

Pokemon has always had nice title screens pre-Gen 8 especially showing off the cover mascot legendary in its glory in Gens 5-7 or in a silhouette in Gens 2-4 but nowadays it is literally just the title? What a shame. It was a massive shame that SwSh's title screen didn't even show off Zacian/Zamazenta and was literally just an empty stadium, and now this title screen is just the title for BDSP?

What a damn shame.

Maybe I'm presuming too much but why has every Switch Pokemon game thus far had such a boring title screen. The cover legendary doesn't even show up? Come on!!!

Pokemon has always had nice title screens pre-Gen 8 especially showing off the cover mascot legendary in its glory in Gens 5-7 or in a silhouette in Gens 2-4 but nowadays it is literally just the title? What a shame. It was a massive shame that SwSh's title screen didn't even show off Zacian/Zamazenta and was literally just an empty stadium, and now this title screen is just the title for BDSP?

What a damn shame.
I actually like SWSH's screen cause it shows you and the team you used to defeat the league, or the tournament. It's a pretty cool detail in my opinion

Let's see....gen 4 had...92 TMs, 8 HMs. Rock Climb was HM 08

Seems reasonable to think that we have DP's TM list with HMs 1-8 now being 93-100
Avalanche kept the same TM number and so did Hail. This is likely.

On the other hand... Literally no Fairy TMs? I think something will get the boot for Dazzling Gleam.

Right now I'm much, much more concerned about the IoA Tutor moves.

Let's see....gen 4 had...92 TMs, 8 HMs. Rock Climb was HM 08

Seems reasonable to think that we have DP's TM list with HMs 1-8 now being 93-100
I think we can expect Dazzling Gleam to replace something, at the very least. They like to provide a Fairy move in the remakes post-Gen VI.

With the Clefable, Mr. Mime, Azumarill, Gardevoir and Togekiss lines (and MAYBE Sylveon) all in the game, I don’t see them venturing away from that this time around.

Avalanche kept the same TM number and so did Hail. This is likely.

On the other hand... Literally no Fairy TMs? I think something will get the boot for Dazzling Gleam.

Right now I'm much, much more concerned about the IoA Tutor moves.
I always kind of assumed the IoA moves would continue to be exclusive to IoA, honestly.
Maybe Steel Beam could be somewhere
I think we can expect Dazzling Gleam to replace something, at the very least. They like to provide a Fairy move in the remakes post-Gen VI.

With the Clefable, Mr. Mime, Azumarill, Gardevoir and Togekiss lines (and MAYBE Sylveon) all in the game, I don’t see them venturing away from that this time around.
Well, technically correct but also both previous remakes fully redid the TM lists. ORAS just uses XY's in its entirety and Let's Go rebuilt it ground up.
I guess we can't fully rule out a fairy move replacing another move, since we only have a small sample size, but it's definitely a different situation going on here.

So, how long until this gets in the hands of dataminers so we get updated movepools i dont want Torterra to be ZU again
Barring Shell Smash, Torterra got pretty much everything it could possibly need from day 1.

Except Seed Bomb by level-up. Which by the way, it does not have in BDSP until at least Lv. 48 judging from what we've seen in the leaks.

yaaaaaaaaay

The Bad: Spear Pillar is not a background for Final Cyrus. Quick Claw Tailwind Crobat gives me Air Balloon Levitate Rotom-Fan vibes.

The Good: AI is in rare form in this game, I'm seriously impressed. Dialga being full-size and with its standard 3D model is jarring compared to the chibis, but it does add a sense of ridiculous scale. Not digging the pixies tho. Teams had TM use for both sides, which is always good in major battles. Staraptor is confirmed to have Pluck again.

I dig it. Now on to the distressingly bad battles, namely Volkner and Flint.

Almost at the end. Can't wait to see what the clouds are hiding in the Battle Zone.

Bosses don't appear to be sending out their mons in a standard order, which is good. And Cyrus switching out Honchkrow for Gyara mid battle was solid. Though Honchkrow wasting a turn on Defog was pointless, but whatever.

However, some of the move set changes with the Galactic bosses have been questionable to be honest, starting with the first Mars fight.

Jupiter's Skuntank losing Night Slash for an all special move set is bizarre, even if the Sitrus Berry + Belch combo is pretty cool.

Cyrus's Honchkrow's getting Night Slash is nice (though it already had it in Platinum) but his Crobat losing Air Slash for Air Cutter sucks.

And am I to believe his Weavile doesn't have an Ice move? Why would it hit Staraptor with Aerial Ace?

The Gym leader move set changes have been solid, but Galactic bosses kinda meh.

Wait, what? Of course it has an Ice move... :smogduck:

Or at least a Dark STAB...

Anything with more than 60 BP for sure...

Right? :psycry:
I mean only one of two things can be true: either the AI isn't quite as good as Platinum's, or the boss move set changes aren't exactly a home run across the board.

Unfortunately, I think it might be the former. I would be genuinely shocked if Cyrus's Weavile didn't at least know Night Slash, let alone Ice Punch.

I mean only one of two things can be true: either the AI isn't quite as good as Platinum's, or the boss move set changes aren't exactly a home run across the board.

Unfortunately, I think it might be the former. I would be genuinely shocked if Cyrus's Weavile didn't at least know Night Slash, let alone Ice Punch.
Even Ice Shard would be prioritized over this.

I am now slowly spiraling into a panic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)