Pokemon Day Presents 2024 - Pokemon LZA 2025

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extra, Misc Predictions:
-For Pokemon Go specifically, I think they'll announce Koraidon & Miraidon coming. They're the only box legends left, even Galar had the wolves for their little "preview" a while back. I could also see a Galar announcement proper happening...the Galar pokemon in the game right now are pretty scatter shot and its not had a "proper" debut in the game and they have to do it EVENTUALLY, so a relative lull year that might focus on other games could work. But they did just start doing Paldea stuff not 6 months ago so who knows.
This prediction brought to you by Home Dex Madness Gang
So on this point, I have info to share that may or may not be of interest for both possibilities.

On one hand, Koraidon and Miraidon were among a Datamine that was added last month with some other miscellaneous stuff (most of the base-Paldea Legendaries plus the missing Ultra Beasts) that got pushed alongside Annihilape's finalized moveset for the Go Battle Week event. This could suggest they are gearing up for them to hit the game soon. This might also tie into Miraidon's upcoming reveal/release on Unite. On the other hand, stuff has been mined in advance before and not pointed to an immediate/timely addition to the game either, especially if they want to have a lull in the new stuff on the heels of Go Tour.

Speaking of Go Tour this makes me think they might be doing Galar stuff soonish alongside something else. Some of the biggest points of sale for Gen 9 DLC were the new Evolutions on Galar lines, which Go has yet to debut. I could see them doing a Galar run event for the purposes of adding those base forms like Applin and Duraludon (the latter probably gonna be raid exclusive) so that they're ready in game to premiere Dipplin and Archaludon later. If the event is Galar themed then the Hero duo are overdue for a rerun of some kind (last seen in August 2022 I believe), whether in their base forms (with Shinies added) or debuting the Crowned forms. I definitely think with how strong Origin Palkia and Dialga look for PvP, Niantic would sell a lot of passes to both seldom-seen Legendaries and ones that match-up very well into them (Zacian Hero and both Crowned forms)

I don't really watch these presents live anymore (or any gaming presentations for that matter), because they are usually very predictable and I don't like the small stuff before the big announcements. If it was spin offs or something, alright cool, I love spin offs, but it's just these dumb unite and masters updates that they talk about

Albeit, I hope they'll bring Chatot into Unite and give him the ability to say every slur under the sun :)

So on this point, I have info to share that may or may not be of interest for both possibilities.

On one hand, Koraidon and Miraidon were among a Datamine that was added last month with some other miscellaneous stuff (most of the base-Paldea Legendaries plus the missing Ultra Beasts) that got pushed alongside Annihilape's finalized moveset for the Go Battle Week event. This could suggest they are gearing up for them to hit the game soon. This might also tie into Miraidon's upcoming reveal/release on Unite. On the other hand, stuff has been mined in advance before and not pointed to an immediate/timely addition to the game either, especially if they want to have a lull in the new stuff on the heels of Go Tour.

Speaking of Go Tour this makes me think they might be doing Galar stuff soonish alongside something else. Some of the biggest points of sale for Gen 9 DLC were the new Evolutions on Galar lines, which Go has yet to debut. I could see them doing a Galar run event for the purposes of adding those base forms like Applin and Duraludon (the latter probably gonna be raid exclusive) so that they're ready in game to premiere Dipplin and Archaludon later. If the event is Galar themed then the Hero duo are overdue for a rerun of some kind (last seen in August 2022 I believe), whether in their base forms (with Shinies added) or debuting the Crowned forms. I definitely think with how strong Origin Palkia and Dialga look for PvP, Niantic would sell a lot of passes to both seldom-seen Legendaries and ones that match-up very well into them (Zacian Hero and both Crowned forms)
Ah that's right, I forgot they pushed a bunch of things around that time. They also added a bunch of things around the Paldea drop that I assume was prep work too (the raidons, various paradoxes, stretchy tatsugiri, palafin off the top of my head)
Though Applin & Duraludon could also just be random drops, rather than a Galar theming thing.

Like how they randomly dropped Falinks, or how they keep doing all the regional forms to tie into the OG Pokemon, or how they speed up the Regi to go with all the other Regi. So IE: Harvest Festival 2024 has Applin added to the game more so to have a Hydrapple than a Galar.

The UBs could be their own little announcement alternatively. There's only a handful of those left and they liked making weird live action cryptid content for those. UBs in the first half of the year connecting to paradoxes in the latter half, maybe

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
I did wonder about what (if any) airtime Go might get in this. I expect they'll simply announce the next season, since they usually wait until the final couple of days of the month. Might be Galar-focused, perhaps - I expect Go Fest will be in August again this year so they probably won't announce that yet. But they'll likely be doing an Unova Tour this time next year, which makes me think an Unova-focused game is overall less likely (because why cross streams?). If there's any sort of remake or legends-adjacent game I do think Johto is far more likely than Unova. I was speaking to a friend today who's not at all plugged in to the Pokemon fandom and even he is convinced that a Celebi game is upcoming. But I did have a thought the other day that since shiny Celebi is no longer legitimately available, a Celebi-focused game makes practical sense.

I also strongly doubt we'll get shiny Zacian and Zamazenta in Go any time soon. The event pair that were distributed a while back are still "current", so to speak - giving players the possibility of limitless shinies from Go would strongly dilute their value. They still can't even be traded over Home. So it's more likely they debut the Crowned forms, but honestly the Hero forms would likely be popular enough that they don't need to - they've not been in raids for ages, people will want them. There's a similar logic re Enamorus - the earliest I see it returning to Go (either in Elite Raids or regular raids) is this summer, but it won't be shiny-eligible for a long time to come. It's shiny-locked in the main series and it likely they'll do a shiny distribution to the main series at some point, but having it be shiny-eligible in Go would dilute the value of that too. If Enamorus were to be distributed in shiny form this year, I wouldn't expect shiny Enamorus to be released into Go for a couple of years at least.

I also strongly doubt we'll get shiny Zacian and Zamazenta in Go any time soon. The event pair that were distributed a while back are still "current", so to speak - giving players the possibility of limitless shinies from Go would strongly dilute their value. They still can't even be traded over Home. So it's more likely they debut the Crowned forms, but honestly the Hero forms would likely be popular enough that they don't need to - they've not been in raids for ages, people will want them. There's a similar logic re Enamorus - the earliest I see it returning to Go (either in Elite Raids or regular raids) is this summer, but it won't be shiny-eligible for a long time to come. It's shiny-locked in the main series and it likely they'll do a shiny distribution to the main series at some point, but having it be shiny-eligible in Go would dilute the value of that too. If Enamorus were to be distributed in shiny form this year, I wouldn't expect shiny Enamorus to be released into Go for a couple of years at least.
I would agree with this logic for Enamorus, but Zacian and Zamazenta I'm more shaky on because the shinies DO ultimately exist already in the main series through legal means. Shiny Mew is even rarer but you can transfer the one from last Year's special research if you got it (and some people did to get the Mightiest Mark on it during the SV Mewtwo raid). Crowned forms would let them put that off a bit, but that is with the caveat that barring very bad movepools, they would strictly outclass the Hero forms in almost all content where the two are relevant, and given their story significance they feel like they'd be saved to tie into Eternatus appearing for obvious reasons. There's also the argument this would make them more likely to do it since Raid content is a form of monetization in this game, rather than freely catchable wild encounters as is the case with Meltan (who has only been shiny possible in a few events) or Gimmighoul (Shiny as yet unreleased in Go). It might incline people to spend more in hunting for Shinies that the main series doesn't offer easily, especially if they skipped SwSh where the code was an option. I know a couple people including myself who play the game's Daily Adventure Incense for the sake of getting the Galarian Birds without SwSh DLC as well.

Enamorus is different since it does not have any form of legally available Shiny right now, plus they have other excuses to rerun it without its Shiny available (Elite -> Normal level raid, and an unreleased Signature move) whereas it would be much more arbitrary with Zacian/Zamazenta Hero.

At the end of the day this is just "Pokemon fans throw patterns at each other" as a topic, but it is hard for me to break that perspective myself.

QuentinQuonce

I would agree with this logic for Enamorus, but Zacian and Zamazenta I'm more shaky on because the shinies DO ultimately exist already in the main series through legal means. Shiny Mew is even rarer but you can transfer the one from last Year's special research if you got it (and some people did to get the Mightiest Mark on it during the SV Mewtwo raid).
Idk if Shiny Mew is comparable to the dogs. It's extremely rare and iirc outside of Go the literal only other one in circulation is the Emerald Faraway Island one, so it wasn't something the majority of players would have had prior to the Kanto Tour. And it was always going to remain rare because it was something a lot of people wouldn't want to transfer out of Go since even on there you can only ever have one (when they re-released the shiny Mew research last year, you couldn't get it if you'd already completed it in 2021). It's still a very coveted Pokemon and if I put a post on Home right now advertising a shiny Mew for trade there's no doubt I'd be flooded with offers.

Given the mutual compatibility between SwSh and ScVi the former games are still "current" - Zacian and Zamazenta are not part of the group of legendaries Snacksworth unlocks, because GF wants people buying SwSh as well. If they put Zacian and Zamazenta back in raids in PoGo without releasing their shinies, they'd likely still be popular and desirable for players to raid regardless simply because they've not been around for ages. But there's no sense making the shinies more available; keep the event distributions valuable for as long as you can. Again, I'm following a pattern here but Gen 10 is likely to be when they get released in a game and are able to be caught shiny. When Xerneas and Yveltal, and later Solgaleo and Lunala were released in shiny form, it was near the end of their respective gens and it wasn't until much later that you could freely catch them in their shiny forms.

Enamorus is different since it does not have any form of legally available Shiny right now, plus they have other excuses to rerun it without its Shiny available (Elite -> Normal level raid, and an unreleased Signature move) whereas it would be much more arbitrary with Zacian/Zamazenta Hero.
There's potentially years of milking it to come. It makes me wonder which shiny mythical they'll do for the Unova Tour, since Genesect's already been done and there's no precedent for a Pokemon having its shiny debuted via Go (well, except Meltan, but that's a special case). I'm inclined to think they won't and they'll just hang on until then to release Keldeo for everyone.

For a hypothetical Kalos Tour: duh, Diancie, easy. That one's already done. Alola Tour? Uh... Marshadow. Just release it normally, say it's the shiny form and hope most people don't notice.

At the end of the day this is just "Pokemon fans throw patterns at each other" as a topic, but it is hard for me to break that perspective myself.
Honestly, none of us ever learn, do we...

ah, but remakes this year would break another pattern:

gen 2 remakes: gen 4
gen 3 remakes: gen 6
gen 4 remakes: gen 8
Except not really?

Gen 3: FRLG (Remakes of Red & Green)

Gen 4: HGSS (Remakes of Gold & Silver)

Gen 5: Only Gen without a remake

Gen 6: ORAS (Remakes of Ruby & Sapphire)

Gen 7: Let's Go (Remakes of Yellow)

Gen 8: BDSP (Remakes of Diamond and Pearl)

So while the pattern of games being remade in the gen you get when you multiply their initial Gen by 2 would break (plus, that would not really be sustainable as we get later into the franchise), the pattern of a mainline remake almost every Gen since Gen 3 would still hold true. And funnily enough Gen 5 itself is the only Gen to not have a remake in it.

Throw in how much Unova we've gotten as of late (including the DLC that takes place right off the coast of it, also Koraidon and Miraidon's shiny's being BLACK AND WHITE RESPECTIVLY) and I feel like Unova remakes in some form are on their way. Only question is whether or not ILCA is involved.

Anyways, predictions:

Scarlet & Violet: New Update, with bug fixes, tweaks (namely a boost to the BP obtained from BBQ's and lowering the cost of things you can buy with them, especially the Biodiversity boosts and Coach invites), as well as Perrin now being able to show up (once you beat the Bloodmoon beast quest in Kitakami) and interact with people (I JUST WANT PERRIN AND RIKA TO INTERACT OK!) as well as a new mythical to release in March. Also new Raid Event, 7 Star Shiny Raidons to celebrate the Year of the Dragon, Tera Electric Koraidon with Fusion Bolt, and Tera Fire Miraidon with Fusion Flare. (Also as a reminder, Bolt is physical, Flare is special, hence why it's not the other way around.)

Masters gets anniversary stuff, as well as the announcement of 3 new Sync Pairs, Arven & Mabosstiff, Rika & Clodsire, and Larry & Flamigo / Staraptor, maybe also throw in Sada & Roaring Moon, and Turo & Iron Valiant.

Insert Cafe Remix, GO, UNITE, and other announcements here, maybe also Horizons & Concierge, and an NSO announcement

End with the announcement of Black and White remakes, maybe Legends Kyurem, and an additional Tera Raid event, focusing on Hidden Ability Unova Starters with special moves they normally don't learn, Tera Dragon Serperior with Draco Meteor, Tera Electric Emboar with Supercell Slam, and Tera Normal Samurott with Shell Smash.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Here's a collective list of things we might see at the Pokémon Presents separate from my own predictions, ranked in tiers by how likely we'd be to see it and how hot of a take wanting to see this would be. Let me know if I forgot anything, I may edit this tomorrow :sphearical:

• "Refuses to Try Hot Sauce" Tier: The most likely picks
    • Pokémon Go content and/or raid update
    • Pokémon Unite Miraidon reveal
    • Pokémon Masters EX 4.5 anniversary details
    • Something Pokémon Horizons related
    • A segment about Worlds
  • "Prefers Mild Peppers" Tier: Very possible but not guaranteed
    • Pokémon Concierge Season 2 trailer (would be higher, but it's possible that episode recording/filming hasn't started yet)
    • A new Johto game in some capacity
  • "Spicy Barbecue Enjoyer" Tier: Starting to become less plausible
    • A new Unova game in some capacity
    • Generations 1 and 2 on Nintendo Switch, more than likely via Switch Online if this happens
    • A Mystery Dungeon: Explorers remake
  • "My Eyes Are Watering" Tier: Probably won't happen, for better or worse
    • A new Mystery Dungeon game (not Explorers)
    • Extra content for an existing spinoff, such as New Snap or Detective Pikachu
  • "Crispin Would Be Proud" Tier: The spiciest takes of all
    • A new Pokémon Ranger game
    • Generation 10 games revealed, release date 2025-2026
Ah I do so miss ranger but I just don’t think it can work anywhere but the DS.

Except not really?

Gen 3: FRLG (Remakes of Red & Green)

Gen 4: HGSS (Remakes of Gold & Silver)

Gen 5: Only Gen without a remake

Gen 6: ORAS (Remakes of Ruby & Sapphire)

Gen 7: Let's Go (Remakes of Yellow)

Gen 8: BDSP (Remakes of Diamond and Pearl)

So while the pattern of games being remade in the gen you get when you multiply their initial Gen by 2 would break (plus, that would not really be sustainable as we get later into the franchise), the pattern of a mainline remake almost every Gen since Gen 3 would still hold true. And funnily enough Gen 5 itself is the only Gen to not have a remake in it.

Throw in how much Unova we've gotten as of late (including the DLC that takes place right off the coast of it, also Koraidon and Miraidon's shiny's being BLACK AND WHITE RESPECTIVLY) and I feel like Unova remakes in some form are on their way. Only question is whether or not ILCA is involved.

Anyways, predictions:

Scarlet & Violet: New Update, with bug fixes, tweaks (namely a boost to the BP obtained from BBQ's and lowering the cost of things you can buy with them, especially the Biodiversity boosts and Coach invites), as well as Perrin now being able to show up (once you beat the Bloodmoon beast quest in Kitakami) and interact with people (I JUST WANT PERRIN AND RIKA TO INTERACT OK!) as well as a new mythical to release in March. Also new Raid Event, 7 Star Shiny Raidons to celebrate the Year of the Dragon, Tera Electric Koraidon with Fusion Bolt, and Tera Fire Miraidon with Fusion Flare. (Also as a reminder, Bolt is physical, Flare is special, hence why it's not the other way around.)

Masters gets anniversary stuff, as well as the announcement of 3 new Sync Pairs, Arven & Mabosstiff, Rika & Clodsire, and Larry & Flamigo / Staraptor, maybe also throw in Sada & Roaring Moon, and Turo & Iron Valiant.

Insert Cafe Remix, GO, UNITE, and other announcements here, maybe also Horizons & Concierge, and an NSO announcement

End with the announcement of Black and White remakes, maybe Legends Kyurem, and an additional Tera Raid event, focusing on Hidden Ability Unova Starters with special moves they normally don't learn, Tera Dragon Serperior with Draco Meteor, Tera Electric Emboar with Supercell Slam, and Tera Normal Samurott with Shell Smash.
It’d be cool to see any more actual content updates for SV. I’d be quite surprised but it’d be cool.

QuentinQuonce

Ah, this takes me back, I remember well how people insisted that the Pokeball on the ground floor of the Pokecentres in DP being gold- and silver-coloured meant that Johto remakes were guaranteed to happen

I mean, they ended up being right, but it was still the stupidest fucking argument ever

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Throw in how much Unova we've gotten as of late (including the DLC that takes place right off the coast of it, also Koraidon and Miraidon's shiny's being BLACK AND WHITE RESPECTIVLY) and I feel like Unova remakes in some form are on their way.
Unless those nods to Unova were meant to be the "Gen V tribute" we get in lieu of an actual remake. You never quite know with Game Freak.

Then again, the list of non-dexited Pokémon in SV has an awfully big concentration of blank spots in the Gen V section, so we could be due for a game with lots of Unova Pokémon available. While it's not a priority anymore to have every Pokémon available in every game, they want players to be able to collect as many as possible (for their Home collection) from the games currently available in store shelves. So if any specific Pokémon isn't available in one game, it has a quite decent chance of appearing in the next one.

My biggest hope for the presents is that they pull off a surprise as big as Legends Arceus, something just completely out of left field. (Well, PLA was leaked right before the Presents but I don't think many people believed it could be real).

For the more predictable things:

GO: I certainly hope that GO will be adding Koraidon and Miraidon to raids so that I can complete the Paldea dex finally. Hopefully in regular raids and not elite raids. Maybe shiny roaming Gimmighoul.

Masters: Probably Alola master fairs to go along with Gladion, who's running now. Probably some more Paldea pairs too, possibly the player characters.

Main series: Unova or Johto seem to be top contenders for remakes. I would rather we get a Legends Unova than a Lets GO Johto, but the aforementioned out of left field game might be preferable to both. The fan concept of some Johto-Unova hybrid game could be interesting maybe; SV already introduced going between faraway regions.

Just to make a bonkers prediction with no basis whatsoever, c'mon Game Freak let me see a new main series Colloseum-esque game or even a remake with a bunch of the newer mons, particularly those cut from SV. Build on the shadow mon concept, tie in to Pokemon GO which has been using Team Rocket with shadow mons. Just do it. I'll stop here to not venture too far into wishlisting :P

QuentinQuonce

Just to make a bonkers prediction with no basis whatsoever, c'mon Game Freak let me see a new main series Colloseum-esque game or even a remake with a bunch of the newer mons, particularly those cut from SV. Build on the shadow mon concept, tie in to Pokemon GO which has been using Team Rocket with shadow mons. Just do it. I'll stop here to not venture too far into wishlisting :P
Ugh please no, it's 2024 and everything is shit now, I don't have any faith that a sequel to Colosseum and XD wouldn't be a complete travesty

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
And how did they play? (never had a Wii U) I just can’t see it working with the Switch screen personally.
As a Ranger fan who has all three games on his Wii U, I would much rather play any of them on the DS. Confession time: I was actually considering making a Guardian Signs Let's Play thread using the Wii U version of the game, but I never actually got around to this since I didn't think it was worth it with how old my GamePad is and the fact that I don't feel like deleting my DS cartridge save file. DS games on the Wii U can be organized into two categories, and the Ranger games fall into the one where the GamePad is required for gameplay, instead of just needing to be on but letting you use certain other controllers. That said, they're not the worst of the games that require the GamePad, at least in my opinion. IMO you're better off trying to find a copy of the game via online retail since A. the Wii U eShop isn't open anymore, and B. even if it was, the combination of a refurbished DS to play on and a copy of one of the games is probably a better deal anyways, especially with how expensive the GamePad itself is (for context, I've seen GamePads sell for much more than these games).

A new Presents on Pokémon Day? I'm not surprised. Feels like it has become a yearly tradition at this point. I might as well post some thoughts on what we might get in terms of new games (main series and others), I apologize if this is too excessive to be considered "mild" speculation.

Past region revisits:

Kanto:
Very unlikely. LGP/E were released six years ago so they are still rather recent, I don't see any demand for a new Kanto game within the online fandom, and Game Freak themselves seems to have stopped with the Kanto spam after Gen 7 (which I think is a good thing).
Johto: More likely. Johto is the oldest region without a revisit. If there's a new Johto game, what could it be? More Let's Go games if they want to follow up on LGP/E, some kind of regular re-remakes, BD/SP-style remakes, pixel remasters of HG/SS (or even G/S/C), or maybe Legends: Celebi? I feel like a Johto revisit in some form is one of the three most likely outcomes if there's a new main series game to be announced.
Hoenn: Unlikely. It has been 10 years since OR/AS, so Hoenn is still rather recent compared to many other regions. I don't see a lot of demand for a Hoenn revisit from the online fandom either.
Sinnoh: Definitely not happening since BD/SP and L:A were released just a little more than 2 years ago. If there's a new Sinnoh/Hisui game, I will be very surprised.
Unova: More likely. The second oldest region without a revisit. What could they do here? Many things. BD/SP-style remakes, regular remakes, pixel remasters, Legends: Kyurem, or Black and White 3. Or maybe something like a present day sequel with elements from L:A, named Pokémon Legends: Unova ~ The Golden Region (I totally didn't steal the name from XC2, what makes you think so?). Anyway, I think an Unova revisit is the second of the three most likely outcomes.
Kalos: Less likely, I don't think it will happen as X/Y are quite unpopular in the fandom, and I haven't seen a lot of demand for a Kalos revisit.
Alola: I don't think so. Both S/M and US/UM are still rather recent. I don't see a lot of demand for an Alola revisit either, only from Yung Dramps.
Galar: Doubt it as S/S are still recent. It would also be very weird to go back to Galar directly after Paldea.

So that's it for past regions. But what about the present?

Paldea/ScaVio revisits:
- Alternate versions: Ultra Scarlet/Violet. I doubt it. If it happens, I will probably not get them. Though "Pokémon Ultra Violet" is a really cool name.
- Sequels. Doubt it as well. But far more interesting than an alternate version. Could see myself getting Violet 2 if they happen.
- More DLC. Possible, but still unlikely. Defintiely getting it if it happens.
- Prequel/Legends game. I don't think so. Might get it if it happens, it all depends on whether it has the gameplay issues from Arceus or not.

I'd say a Paldea revisit is the third of the three most likely outcomes, but it feels a lot less likely than a Johto or Unova revisit.

Next, the future.

Gen 10: I think it is way too early. It has only been a little more than a year since ScaVio were released. A generation usually lasts for 3-4 years, and we have never had three generations on a single system before. I sincerely hope they wait with Gen 10 until 2026, for the 30th anniversary, and make it debut on the Switch successor. Either way, Gen 10 should absolutely not be released before 2025.

Other things:
- Pokémon Anthology. Nope. Too late at this point, better save it for the Switch successor instead (not that it will ever happen, but it is fun to think about).
- I saw the idea of a Johto/Unova fusion game and I think it is sounds so absurd that I can't help but be fascinated by it. Way more interesting than a regular remake.
- Something completely new and different. I never expected Legends to happen, but it did. Nor did I expect Black/White 2 back in 2012. Maybe we'll get another surprise this time around.
- No new main series game. This would be fine for me, I have 16 other Switch games that I have planned to play during this year, so I am more than fine with not being stressed into getting another Pokémon game. Likewise, a Pokémon game I'm not interested in would be fine too. Which is why I'm honestly holding out for Let's Go Johto, so I can skip them without feeling bad about it.
- Older generations added to NSO. Would be cool, but doesn't make a difference for me since I don't have NSO. Adding Gen 1-3 shouldn't be any problems, Gen 4-7 might be harder since they have to go from two screens to one.
- Some kind of new spin-off games. Could happen, no idea what though. A revisit to an older series is possible, we did get a Mystery Dungeon remake a few years ago after all. Or maybe a completely new game. Who knows?

Then there's the free-to-start Mobile games. There will obviously be some focus on Go, Masters Ex, Sleep, Café Remix and Unite. Not something I care about since the only one I play is Go, and only very sporadically since I don't find it very fun.

There might also be some focus on the anime, and maybe the announcement of a new miniseries that's different from the main series? I loved Paldean Winds and it left me wanting more.

That's all I could think about, I think all bases have been covered here. As for the Presents itself, I won't watch it live (it starts just as I stop working for the day) so I'll just read up on the news once I get home instead.

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
I've seen some people toss around the idea of one region between Johto and Unova getting a faithful remake this year and the other getting a new Game Freak project next year, so for instance ILCA Johto 2024 and BW3 in 2025, something like that. I dunno about anyone else but to me this would be so hilarious in the worst way possible. "Alright Unova fans, get hyped, we're making a successor to Legends in your favorite region with bundles of new characters, Pokemon, locations and styles of play to explore! Oh and uh, Johtobros get a worse version of the game they played in 2009 I guess lol lol lmao lol"

Last edited:
I've seen some people toss around the idea of one region between Johto and Unova getting a faithful remake this year and the other getting a new Game Freak project next year, so for instance ILCA Johto 2024 and BW3 in 2025, something like that. I dunno about anyone else but to me this would be so hilarious in the worst way possible. "Alright Unova fans, get hyped, we're a successor to Legends in your favorite region with bundles of new characters, Pokemon, locations and styles of play to explore! Oh and uh, Johtobros get a worse version of the game they played in 2009 I guess lol lol lmao lol"
Just in general, I think the idea of trying to split the difference between Johto and Unova in the same stroke is pretty unrealistic. Why would GF not just… pick one, and do the other later? Conceptually speaking, doing only one at a time gives them a roadmap that is a lot tidier and more concentrated. Think about like, the marketing and stuff. Two simultaneous nostalgiafests for two very different regions, and all their attendant characters, Pokémon, themes, and highlights, just sounds like a confused, unfocused juggling act that would probably only short-change both regions in the process.

(I also remain flabbergasted that “Let’s Go, Johto!” is still a present concept in the overall fandom conversation. They’ve already integrated most of the universally-liked stuff from LGPE into the mainline series! The only things that only another Let’s Go game could offer while still being a Let’s Go game are the catching mechanics and the candy-boosted stats!)

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Just in general, I think the idea of trying to split the difference between Johto and Unova in the same stroke is pretty unrealistic. Why would GF not just… pick one, and do the other later? Conceptually speaking, doing only one at a time gives them a roadmap that is a lot tidier and more concentrated. Think about like, the marketing and stuff. Two simultaneous nostalgiafests for two very different regions, and all their attendant characters, Pokémon, themes, and highlights, just sounds like a confused, unfocused juggling act that would probably only short-change both regions in the process.

(I also remain flabbergasted that “Let’s Go, Johto!” is still a present concept in the overall fandom conversation. They’ve already integrated most of the universally-liked stuff from LGPE into the mainline series! The only things that only another Let’s Go game could offer while still being a Let’s Go game are the catching mechanics and the candy-boosted stats!)
I posted my aforementioned sentiment on Bulbagarden's 2024 Pokemon Game Speculation thread and to add onto your take I'll just copy-paste a response I got verbatim:

"Yeah, I don't think they'll mix and match regions for this reason. It won't feel fair and different parts of the fanbase might want different styles of games for different reasons. What if you want a faithful remake of Unova? Or a Legends style take on Johto? You're pretty much getting screwed here. If they just stick to one region it won't feel as much like one region or style is getting cheated."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)