SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Datamine General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there a certain number of ally pokes you have to faint before IVs start becoming higher end, or is it just random after the first ally poke has been fainted?

About SOS calls chains, you can farm them quite efficiently with a team made of :
Smeargle : Ingrain / Minimize / Substitute / Baton Pass (Leftovers)
Smeargle : Recycle / Soak / False Swipe / Baton Pass (Leppa Berry)
Smeargle : Recycle / Ice Beam / Substitute / Baton Pass (Leppa Berry)
Along with X Items, Adrenaline Orb, and Leppa Berries.

You can't use it against certain Abilities/Moves (moves with recoil, Teleport, Magic Bounce,Selfdestruct,Perish Song), but in the other cases you can make long chains of SOS calls without many effort.

A better team can be made with Harvest + Skill Swap, but you can't obtain that in SM because there are no Move Tutors. : (

What breaks the chain? The help not appearing? Or does a call have to occur at the end of every single turn for it to count?

Now that we know you can use an Everstone to pass down if a Pokemon is an Alola Form or not, Does that extend to Exeggutor, Raichu, and Marowak? Thense are three pokemon that have Pre-evolutions that lack an Alola Form.
Yeah? If you breed a non-Alolan one, you can hatch a non-Alolan one, just like anything else with an Alolan form. Since nothing can be transferred into the game until January, you presumably won't have access to any non-Alolan forms of them until then.

I wonder how long itll take for us to get HA starters...I wanna get to breeding immediately and dont feel like breeding a non HA starter just to dump it later

So Corsola calling for help might bring those meanies Mareanie... But can they then call other Mareanie for help? Because it doesn't seem to happen for me. Is only the initial Pokémon species able to call help?

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Do we know if Nature Power got any changes? Like will it still become Tri Attack on PS!, or is it a different move?

I don't know if the Battle Tree has been datamined or not, but someone should look into it and see if there are any 7th gen mons who have currently illegal movesets.
Someone posted in the Kommo-o thread about seeing a Shell Smash variant there.
I just wonder if there are others in the Battle Tree with similarly illegal movesets, because maybe there might be some kind of hint of future move tutors (especially if we see obvious tutor moves showing up like drain punch, elemental punches, etc)...

So Corsola calling for help might bring those meanies Mareanie... But can they then call other Mareanie for help? Because it doesn't seem to happen for me. Is only the initial Pokémon species able to call help?
Some Pokémon can't call for allies (ex : Happiny, Chansey, Snorlax). Maybe Mareanie is one of them.

Some Pokémon can't call for allies (ex : Happiny, Chansey, Snorlax). Maybe Mareanie is one of them.
Sure seems like it. I tried waiting for Corsola to summon a Mareanie on its own, then KO Corsola and use Adrenaline Orb when its just Mareanie on the field, but that didn't change a thing. Mareanie just don't call for help, they're hardcore.

Problem is, False Swiping the Corsola results in them summoning a Mareanie more often, sure... But then you try to use Skill Swap or something to check the Mareanie's Ability - and in the meantime it KOs the Corsola, no more chaining for you. I guess I just have to build the longest possible chain and pray.

Can anyone tell me when Poke Pelago unlocks? I just got to the second island, so I sort of assumed if it's main game stuff it would be unlocked by now. Is it a postgame feature, or just one that unlocks later on in the story?

Though they can't call themselves, can they be called for?
Yup.
For example, Mareanie can be called with Corsola, Happiny can be called with Bonsly, Salamence can be called with Bagon,... This depends on the area/grass patch you are, and the wild Pokémon you met.
The issue only arises when you kill the other Pokémon and leave a Pokémon that can't call allies itself.

Sure seems like it. I tried waiting for Corsola to summon a Mareanie on its own, then KO Corsola and use Adrenaline Orb when its just Mareanie on the field, but that didn't change a thing. Mareanie just don't call for help, they're hardcore.

Problem is, False Swiping the Corsola results in them summoning a Mareanie more often, sure... But then you try to use Skill Swap or something to check the Mareanie's Ability - and in the meantime it KOs the Corsola, no more chaining for you. I guess I just have to build the longest possible chain and pray.
Yeah, from what I see in the Slot Tables, Mareanie should be a really frequen summon.
I don't see Corsola having any recoil move, so why would it die when you're checking Mareanie's ability ?
Can't you just use Skill Swap/Entrainment on the Mareanie then kill it if it doesn't have the right ability ? (leaving the Corsola alive to let it call for more allies).
And when the Corsola starts being out of PPs, you kill it and leave another Corsola alive (if Corsola appear oftenly enough to find one before Struggle happens).

Find the 1% Bagon on a certain grass patch at Route 3.
Then, weaken it to 1HP and use an Adrenaline Orb to make it call allies frequently. (the allies come from the same encounter slot, but from Slot Types 2-8)
After some allies killed, a Salamence will end up appearing (ally from Slot Type 2).

You can get other evolved forms/rare Pokémon this way, but the Lv10-13 Salamence is the best piece of the cake.
Is it must be the 1% Bagon?
Where's exactly the grass patch *table 27 & 28*?

Yup.
For example, Mareanie can be called with Corsola, Happiny can be called with Bonsly, Salamence can be called with Bagon,... This depends on the area/grass patch you are, and the wild Pokémon you met.
The issue only arises when you kill the other Pokémon and leave a Pokémon that can't call allies itself.

Yeah, from what I see in the Slot Tables, Mareanie should be a really frequen summon.
I don't see Corsola having any recoil move, so why would it die when you're checking Mareanie's ability ?
Can't you just use Skill Swap/Entrainment on the Mareanie then kill it if it doesn't have the right ability ? (leaving the Corsola alive to let it call for more allies).
And when the Corsola starts being out of PPs, you kill it and leave another Corsola alive (if Corsola appear oftenly enough to find one before Struggle happens).
Based on what they're saying is that it does to Corsola what heatmor does to durant in xy.

Is it must be the 1% Bagon?
Where's exactly the grass patch *table 27 & 28*?
Yeah, it must be the 1% Bagon due to how SOS calls work.
Bagon is not that much of an issue to chain. (you mainly need a Pokémon that can't be burned by Ember)
However, I haven't been to its area yet (I'm still chaining for high IVs Smeargles), so I don't know which grass patch has the 1% Bagon.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I don't know if the Battle Tree has been datamined or not, but someone should look into it and see if there are any 7th gen mons who have currently illegal movesets.
Someone posted in the Kommo-o thread about seeing a Shell Smash variant there.
I just wonder if there are others in the Battle Tree with similarly illegal movesets, because maybe there might be some kind of hint of future move tutors (especially if we see obvious tutor moves showing up like drain punch, elemental punches, etc)...
For some reason, I actually doubt the rumours of a Shell Smash Kommo-o. Shell Smash is a frankly ridiculous boosting move, and giving it to a pseudo-legendary such as Kommo-o would be a total disregard for everything game balance. Until verified by multiple sources, I'd advise everyone to take it with a pinch of salt.

Still, if it does exist... Again, do we encounter the issue with balance. Shell Smash is arguably the most powerful boosting move in the game, and the Pokémon that have received it so far tend to really lack luster in other aspects. It is meant to turn defensive, slow Pokémon into fast, offensive ones. Kommo-o is neither slow nor defensive in this regard, to it Shell Smash would be a stat-enhancing move rather than a stat-switching one. Distributing it widely via move tutor would mean that the defensive-to-offensive-archetype-switch aspect of the move is thrown completely to the wind, which I somehow don't see Game Freak doing.

As for future move tutors, though, I can pretty much guarantee that they will exist. They've been around in third versions in some form since Crystal, and subsequently removed from the next generation's base games, as reliably as clockwork. Not quite sure which moves they'll teach, but the roster has been relatively unchanged since Platinum or so, so I guess the same old moves will appear in the next games too, plus a few new ones.

Isn't the Battle Maison known to use illegal sets? Since the Battle Tree is Gen 7's version of it it's probably just another one of those scenarios.

Without giving any story spoilers, can someone say how easy it is to catch Tapu Koko with competitive play in mind? I hear there's a long ass cutscene before you battle him.

Isn't the Battle Maison known to use illegal sets? Since the Battle Tree is Gen 7's version of it it's probably just another one of those scenarios.

Without giving any story spoilers, can someone say how easy it is to catch Tapu Koko with competitive play in mind? I hear there's a long ass cutscene before you battle him.
iirc, everything in battle maison was legal, but during XY a lot of it was unreleased (ie: adaptability dragalge, snow warning auroras) or waiting for bank (sacred fire entei). Mostly because a lot of the maison was just the gen 5 battle subway with some new additions here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)