Pokewood the Metagame

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this happens, I propose we hold a contest to see who can make the best designs for each of these Pokewood mons.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
One step closer to Smocktail.

Also, there are a few more sprites in the Trainers section, in addition to a Ledian with a staff.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
#650 - Glitchy "The UFO" Egg. (Normal type - No ability - 1 base stats all-around)
#651 - Glitchy "Brycenman" Bad Egg. (Normal type - No ability - 1 base stats all-around)
#652 - "The UFO". (Flying/Electric - Levitate ability - 100 base stats all-around)
#653 - Brycenman. (Dark/Psychic - Levitate ability - 100 base stats all-around)
#654 - Mecha Tyranitar "M.V". (Steel type - Analytic ability - 100 base stats all-around)
#655 - Gray Mecha Tyranitar "M.V2". (Steel/Electric type - Flash Fire ability - 100 base stats all-around)
#656 - Time machine. (Steel type - Motor Drive ability - 100 base stats all-around)
#657 - Female lower torso and legs "Large OL". (Normal type - Huge Power - 100 base stats all-around)
#658 - Pink alien. (Normal type - Insomnia ability - 100 base stats all-around)
#659 - Red alien with tentacles. (Dark type - Pressure ability - 100 base stats all-around)
#660 - Small robot "F?00". (Steel/Normal - Volt Absorb - 100 base stats all-around)
#661 - Big teal garbage ghost thing. (Dark/Ghost - WONDER GUARD - 100 base stats all-around)
#662 - Chained up gate. (Fire type - Blaze ability - 100 base stats all-around)
#663 - Chained up gate with a different cry and palette. Grass type - Early Bird ability - 100 base stats all-around)
#664-665 - Hanging target. (With different names - Flying/Electric type - Levitate ability - 100 base stats all-around)
#666-679 - Grounded target. (With different names - Dark/Psychic type - Levitate ability - 100 base stats all-around)
#680 - "The UFO2". (Psychic/Electric - Levitate ability - 100 base stats all-around)
#681 - Bigger robot, "F?002", that looks like it would evolve from F?00 if it was a real Pokemon. (Steel/Normal type - Reckless ability - 100 base stats all-around)
#682 - See 657. "Large OL2" (Normal type - Huge Power ability - 100 base stats all-around)
#683 - Judo Jim. (Fighting type - Huge Power ability - 100 base stats all-around)
#684 - Smeargle 2. (Same base stats and ability as regular Smeargle)

I found this in the description on this video right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R9Y89UHeXY

which shows all the mons being encountered in the wild and a ditto transforming into them (it uses some kind of default deta for the backsprite).

From what i can see here, giant OL, judo jim, and garbage ghost could be potential ubers. They have pure power, and garbage ghost is dark/ghost with wonder guard .-.

now all thats left to do is figure out their movepool, which i will try to do once i can find a good box modifier/starter modifier/fossil modifier code. They do all have pound at least

Yilx

Sad
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I am getting this game definitely just to find out more about the giant office lady.

It looks super curious lol

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Well, im back from going through the annoyingly slow intro of the game and activating the wild pokemon modifier code to encounter a pokewood prop, i made it level 100 to see if they learned moves at all and this is what i got with a ditto

the only move they learn is pound ;_;

But this is still pretty damn interesting. None of these have shiny sprites except smeargle2 and the two robots. I had a little theory about the robots, although its probably a bit farfetched. Maybe the reason that those two mons have shiny sprites while the others dont is because they were scrapped pokemon that never made it into the final game, that are now being used as a pokewood prop (further supported by the fact that one robot seems to evolve into the other). I also havent heard of bowtie smeargle being anywhere in pokewood (although i didnt look at that much, lol). Does anyone else think bowtie smeargle could be the slot for a sprite for a special event smeargle like spiky eared pichu?

Robot Sprites

Brycenman has the best freaking cry ever.

Aside from that, I don't really have much else to say about this, but I agree with Yolk.

#661 - Big teal garbage ghost thing. (Dark/Ghost - WONDER GUARD - 100 base stats all-around

uber found

Molk

Godlike Usmash
The robots don't really look like unevolved -> evolved form to me - evolved forms don't generally look broken.

Yeah, i kinda agree with that evolved formes dont really ever look broken, but there is one existing exception to that rule.

when i saw little robo and big robo, i immediately thought of this guy, who is basically a corrupted porygon2. Porygon-Z is also artificial/mechanical so i still feel it is a possibility.

Anyways, even if these extra "pokemon" dont have movepools to speak of, would it be a possibility to do a CAP style thing and create our own movepools for them? I think that would be a lot of fun, and it would be even more fun to play. Thoughts?

Anyways, even if these extra "pokemon" dont have movepools to speak of, would it be a possibility to do a CAP style thing and create our own movepools for them? I think that would be a lot of fun, and it would be even more fun to play. Thoughts?
I think it is a good idea, but the only problem is that they all have the exact same 100-for-each-stat layout. This makes them play somewhat similar, but their typings and possible movepools would make them pretty cool anyway, and I think it would be pretty fun.

Except for the giant-trash-gas-monster thing, since it would be invincible if it just ran rest.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
I think it is a good idea, but the only problem is that they all have the exact same 100-for-each-stat layout. This makes them play somewhat similar, but their typings and possible movepools would make them pretty cool anyway, and I think it would be pretty fun.

Except for the giant-trash-gas-monster thing, since it would be invincible if it just ran rest.

well, even if they do have the same stats, their abilities, typing, and movepool would make them play VERY differently from each other. I mean, look at the rotom-formes a simple type change made them all reside in different tiers! Celebi, mew, jirachi, victini, shaymin etc are also good examples. Their typing and movepool made them play way differently than their stats would suggest.

Also, we could always ban trash guy! (or we could give him a different ability but then it isnt exactly the same as how it was designed ingame, so idk :/)

I'd say it is better if Trash-Man is ignored in the case movepools and such are made. It would either need to be nerfed or it would spell auto-loss unless you had that Foresight Hitmontop that you wanted to Rapid Spin with or you want to kill it with entry hazards.

However, onto that, in a metagame where these things are allowed I see Judo Jim and the second Mecha Tyranitar being huge threats. Judo Jim is insane with Hi Jump Kick, as a Adamant, Banded one it can almost always OHKO a Maximum Defense Skarmory (99% minimum)! It would put offensive teams in fear over a scarf set, too. It also has a great bulk and a good speed to abuse its power with. On the converse, the gray Tyranitar thing only has 3 moves that hit it for Neutral damage (Water, Ground, and Fighting), meaning that it can be an excellent switch in for Choiced Pokemon, since it resists a ton of moves. With 100/100/100 defenses, it would be an absolute pain to take down if you lacked these moves. Also, it looks as much of a pain to Sun teams as Heatran is, just without a Fire STAB to hit chlorophyll users.

Its just theory, but that's what I see as results. Judo Jim may be too much to handle, but we don't know that yet I guess. It would be hilarious to see how these things would work though.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
We still have to check Tutors (probably not), TMs and lol Egg Moves, don't we ?__?

Yo Molk can I be your wife? I want to make you as happy as you make me :P

Anyways, it sucks that these Pokemon don't have "real movepools" to speak of but don't they have to have something they learn for use in the Pokewood movies? I guess I'm still unclear on the exact pokewood mechanics. Anyways, Ghost/Dark Wonder Guard thing might not be broken with the right movepool. Fighter and Giant Office Lady legs I'm not as sure about, but especially the latter with a good flavorful mmovepool could end up being not too ridiculous. I'm up to do a CAP style sprite movepool creation for each of these monsters if everybody else is, though I guess before anybody does anything of the sort I'd at least like to personally know what the actual role and moves these mons do or don't in Pokewood usually.

Anyways, I'll update my OP with the new info.

I'm already turned off Pokewood after seeing a picture on Bulbapedia of a Typhlosion fighting some fat mecha-Tyranitar which fails in its attempt to look imposing in any way.
Nothing will ever replace Pokemon Contests.
'Nuff said.

The PokeStar page on Serebii has started listing the different moves that the "pokemon" have when you battle them. Judo Jim uses Focus Punch, Mach Punch, Taunt, Hammer Arm and Jump Kick.

For those who don't want to bother going on Serebii, here are the known moves so far:

Brycenman(Dark/Psychic Levitate):
-Pound
-U-turn
-Psychic
-Nightshade
-Ice Beam

UFO(Flying/Electric Levitate):
-Pound
-Counter
-Recover
-Bubblebeam
-Signal Beam

UFO2(Psychic/Electric Levitate):
-Pound
-Ice Beam
-Dark Pulse
-HyperBeam
-Flamethrower

Mecha Tyranitar(Steel Analytic):
-Pound
-Iron Head
-Surf
-Spark
-Earthquake

Mecha Tyranitar 2(Steel/Electric Flash Fire):
-Pound
-Flamethrower
-Thunderbolt
-Metal Burst
-Dragon Pulse

Time Machine(Steel Motor Drive)
-Pound
-Clear Smog
-Flame Burst
-Discharge
-Signal Beam
-Icicle Crash
-Overheat

Judo Jim(Fighting Huge Power)
-Pound
-Focus Punch
-Mach Punch
-Taunt
-Hammer Arm
-Jump Kick

Black Door(Grass Early Bird)
-Pound
-Lucky Chant
-Ingrain
-Amnesia
-Rest
-Counter
-Baton Pass
-Flame Charge
-Toxic

White Door(Fire Blaze)
-Pound
-Inferno
-Mirror Coat
-Baton Pass
-Toxic

I hope my copy of White 2 comes in the mail soon, as I'd be able to find the moves of the rest myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)