NOC Popcorn Mafia 3 Game Thread

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
weve already talked about this too because i called you out on it when you were doing it
yeah i dont consider that defending myself whatsoever, to me that's just being proactive in addressing other people's concerns about you because to function as an effective town core, particularly when the person doing the questioning is confirmed town, you need to establish trust and credibility and ignoring those concerns doesnt do anything to build that trust

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
its the easiest tell i have that if i get heated i'm fighting with someone or defending myself as either alignment, this game has been pleasantly relaxed outside of the last twenty minutes of day 1

Texas Cloverleaf

i may or may not have been part of the reason the forum rules were changed a couple years ago so i try to avoid doing that anymore lol

as far as i'm concerned i dont really care if you think i'm clear or not, i think my posting has been transparent in its motivations, the only thing i want from you is to engage with my view of the game, challenge me on the things you disagree with, and help me try and solve out the game

so i guess yeah argue with me

the gist of it was like aura voted mc and mc was trying to argue that aura voting him doesnt make sense for him to do over zippy with his reads and with mc defending him but it was earlier in the eod cause it wasnt when aura self pressed at the end

not reading back atm, just want to drop this and do some other stuff and then revisit,.

I think my headspace on this setup is that because mafia doesn't really have a way to kill off townsfolk (other than vengeful dude right), the game just revolves around creating a town core. Like we just need to get to a solid# of lock town and then just shoot off everyone outside of it. I have no idea how far along we are in doing that. Right now, I feel pretty good about Texas just due to overall care and effort level and hopefully I can readback and pick out a few more people, although the parts I've picked out is just guys going like "lolz im low efforting". the good part is that the mafia pretty much can't do anything to stop this other than pushing pro town folk and muddy the waters, which we will be aware of.

The only caveat to the above is: I do think the choice of Psy as the gunbearer is very interesting because for me there is a clear cut choice who it should've been IF that player is not mafia. So that does kind of give me a little pause, but there are some extenuating circumstances so not reading too much into it...

so that leads me into my next topic which is: I think we need to pursue a strategy of shooting off inactives/lhf. I'm trying not to let past experiences color the present too much, but I just dont' see the logic in letting some of these slots live. Granted, yeah they will probably do random shit and maybe won't shoot based on democracy, but they're going to have to be cleared regardless. I just don't see a universe in which we can't afford to shoot these guys eventually and I'd rather get that out of the way now and risk them doing random crap in the earlygame and then let the people who are credible work on the game once the dust settles

as long as psy is the gunbearer, I'm cool with him disagreeing and doing whatever. But even then, are the odds of Psy picking correctly or even us democratically getting it right that much higher than picking out of the inactive hat? I feel we have a really strong incentive to remove the players who we just don't think have a chance of entering the town core.

The only caveat to the above is: I do think the choice of Psy as the gunbearer is very interesting because for me there is a clear cut choice who it should've been IF that player is not mafia. So that does kind of give me a little pause, but there are some extenuating circumstances so not reading too much into it...
who is it? i have an opinion on who it shouldve been too tbh even though i think choosing me is fairly easy to reason out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)