Resource Post-OMPL XI Thread

Isaiah

Here today, gone tomorrow
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UM/OM Leader
OMPL XI Data
Information Thread | Replays & Usage Stats |
Official Records

Congratulations to:
> The W Virizzions (managers: hayedenn and Greybaum) :virizion:
> The Soul-Stealing Seven-Star Solgaleos (managers: Fc and Guard) :solgaleo:
> The Terrible Tyrants (managers: drampa's grandpa and kenn) :Tyranitar:
> The Wiggly Family (managers: Dragonillis and Palapapop) :Wigglytuff:
for making it to the playoffs!

Feel free to use this thread for posting teams, various/personal records, or shoutouts! Please don't use this thread for anything else.

Last edited:
Teams

Week 1 - Leru - Collision Rayquaza Balance
:flame-plate::zacian-crowned::ting-lu::rayquaza::meloetta::chansey:
Playing Leru + Nihilslave support week 1 was interesting, because I had no idea what to expect considering I have never seen Leru play BH outside of the 3 early Gen 7 replays for Snake Draft and Nihil only played G9 in the kickoff tour with a lot of recycled teams. With this in mind, I prepped harder for some sort of hyper offense “cheese” structures, especially since I was pretty confident in holding in a balance vs balance matchup. Mixed LO Aerilate Ray was the primary breaker I wanted to support, since it is very hard to check long term for defensive teams while its powerful ESpeed would be useful against offensive teams, Jungle lets it double as a Toxic Groudon check. Scales Zac was an auto-include for speed control and special wall to improof Ray, but I later changed it to Crowned since the Steel-type provides the same bulk against Fairy and Ice moves and STAB Gigaton is useful. FC Fairyceus was added as one of the best answers to Korai, but after some testing it was changed to Fireceus for a solid Enam switch in. Bounce Ting is an utility mon that can soft check Etern, bounce hazards, and Normalize, with Ability Shield for Moldy hazards and Norm Skill Swap. I wanted a Prank user for sure and needed a more consistent Ghost check, so Meloetta worked well, and Lumina Crash is threatening enough as a mono-attack despite the anti-synergy with Haze. I debated a bit between Zac-C or Scales Magearna and the Arceus forme, but ultimately decided with Zac-C and Fireceus.
During final testing the team lost to TTTech’s BP team and quojova’s team that was good against fat structures, but I wasn’t expecting those so I didn’t make changes outside of adjusting Tera types. While the team ended up working I don’t think this team is that great. There is no pivoting meaning Ray requires good play to bring in safely despite Jungle, no Scales mons means special attackers are still scary, and dual Mortal as removal with two key mons being weak to rocks are all notable issues.
On Team Preview I wasn’t sure of the team structure, but leading Imposter into the FC Groudon revealed it was at most a BO team. Ray gets a pretty free switch into Groudon and he didn’t have any checks to it, I Tera Flying so that ESpeed killed Chansey most of the time since I felt comfortable dealing with the other threats without Tera. The Tera Fairyceus was a bit scary but luckily I had both Zac-C and Timid Fireceus. When Etern revealed no Fur Coat against Ting-Lu’s KOff the game was pretty straightforward then since Zac-C and Ray both had no switch ins while both Fairyceus and Etern were solidly checked. Wasn’t the matchup I expected or prepped for but it worked out.

Week 2 - pdt PociekMociek - Flare Boost Flutter + Knock Ghostceus Balance
:spooky-plate::kyogre::zacian::flutter-mane::zamazenta-crowned::chansey:
After seeing what pdt brought week 1 I felt like he would not be accustomed to the meta threats and checks to those threats yet, so I wanted to build around Flare Boost Flutter again assuming he won’t bring Scales Zacian, with Tera changed to Steel later to account for revenge-killing. Paired it with Knock Off Ghostceus to weaken Chansey and Assault Vest users. Fur Coat Kyogre is a discount Waterceus set from my old team, providing a Groudon check, poisoning special walls, and spinning. Scales Zacian to blanket check and improof Flutter, and a wack Zama-C set to switch into RegenVest users, especially Dia-O, and spin against Dia-O which Kyogre cannot unless it burns Tera. During testing I changed some Tera types around to account for some wallbreakers the scuffed defensive core cannot answer.
I ended up not playing pdt and playing a sub instead, and the game was one of the worst games of BH ever. Flutter had an amazing matchup but I for absolutely no reason risked losing to Tera + roll or crit against Fairyceus, who was a big threat to the team. Flutter did end up getting crit. Burning Tera on Kyogre early to kill Etern was also super premature as it left it completely walled by the Heatran, and with a Fur Coat Chansey Ghostceus cannot break through. Spike stacking looked promising except Fairyceus has Spin and Zacian is too weak to threaten it, meaning Fairyceus will just burn all recovery from Zacian and clean. Luckily the opponent threw back by trying to boost up Fairyceus against Impostered Heatran and got heavily weakened due to diminishing Sap recovery. From there Spike stacking + Ghostceus spinblock won.

Week 3 - XxLazzerpenguinxX - Adapt Dragapult Bulky Balance
:flame-plate::kyogre::zacian::ting-lu::dragapult::chansey:
Sevag typically brings teams that lean more on the offensive side with a less sturdy defensive core. Both his previous week teams also featured the main defensive backbone of SpD Dia-O + FC Groudon. Mixed Adapt Pult was set I theorycrafted for a long time and sees good potential after Slaking ban freeing up Draco slot, and it would be able to 2HKO basically everything with the right predicts while revenge-killing slower wallbreakers like Iron Bundle and Flutter Mane. Improofing the team was going to be a challenge though since with Poltergeist I cannot risk running Knock Off, accidentally knocking Scales Zacian and be walled. I also wanted a lot of pivoting and chip damage to help Pult break, so I went with using Desoland Fireceus as a decent defensive answer to -ate mons, a secondary offensive pressure, a solid Mortal Spinner, while also improofing multiple Flip Turn mons. Bounce Ting improofs Pult and can check Toxic Groudon. AV Kyogre acts as a general special sponge against stuff like Flare Boost Flutter to pivot Pult in. FC Zacian is mainly to check Koraidon. Cloak Imposter was to specifically give an out against Mortal/Salt setup sweepers because I couldn’t find a way to fit setup control. After testing swapped some utility moves around and changed some Tera types.
Instead of bring an offensive team, Sevag’s preview looked extremely fat, similar to a typical TTTech structure, with the main offensive threat looking to be Eternatus, which could pose to be a problem. After a while of pivoting, scouting sets, and playing around with hazards Sevag gets Etern in, which doesn’t really threaten Kyogre that much so it can freely pivot into Pult, who OHKOs with Glaive. First time I scouted for Tera since Pult is the wincon while Sevag switched to Ting-Lu, which when poisoned is no longer an answer. A couple turns later I get Pult in again against the Etern, and instead of playing safe again to scout Tera I decide playing recklessly is a good idea and throw Pult away against Tera, leaving me without a wincon since Fireceus was hard walled by Dondozo. After a long sequence of both sides making no progress after Fairyceus was revealed to be CM Pixilate, Sevag sacks Imposter against Fireceus (which I don’t really understand since Dozo comfortably eats). Then after rocks get up Fireceus was able to claim kills since the half health Dozo was 2HKOed after rocks.

Week 4 - TTTech - Specs NP Pixilate Flutter Bulky Balance
:iron-plate::flutter-mane::zamazenta-crowned::dialga-origin::dondozo::chansey:
I expected TTTech to bring a team of his traditional style rather than an Onyx inspired team so I prepared more for fat builds. Unaware Steelceus is a great check to his commonly used Calm Mind Arceus formes while potentially luring them in, and acts as a great wincon itself. Unaware here also can be help if some Onyx type offense is brought. To help with its low initial damage output and some bulky walls like RegenVests and Chansey, I added Specs Switcheroo Flutter Mane with Nasty Plot as fourth move to help breaking after Specs are switched. This set can also be improofed by the Steelceus. Wandering Spirit Zama-C makes a return to deal with RegenVests and provide good hazard removal. FC Dozo serves as the main Def mon, walling Groudon and Koraidon. AV Dia-O improofs Dozo, provides hazards, and a SpD pivot that handles most special attackers with Steelceus. Cloak Imposter is to better handle bulky threats after testing (at 4 am the day of).
TTTech brought exactly the type of team structure I expected. Early on I got an opportunity to bring in Flutter and Teraed to threaten OHKO on Knocked Dia-O since it was going to be primary wincon and I didn’t look like I would need defensive Tera. Chansey reveals to not be Scales and later shown to be Regen which is helpful. Cloak Imposter was amazing in this game, walling Groudon and the Fireceus that I was expecting to be a CM TTTecheus instead. Hazards posed a bit of an annoyance due to Zama-C not reliably dealing with Dia-O and Mortal PP but between Imposter’s absurd MU and my own Regen Dia-O it was very hard for my team to be worn down, especially with Dondozo being a secondary wall to the Fireceus. Tera Poison on Chansey meant I would need to time a Switcheroo to break past. After a long time of positioning I got Flutter in to trade Chansey the Specs and several turns later it gets in again to grab 2 NPs and 2 kills. Fireceus was also running out of V-create PP so Steelceus would be able to clean late by chipping Groudon.

Week 5 - quojova - Koraidon + Facade Rayquaza Balance
:iron-plate::rayquaza::dondozo::diancie::koraidon::chansey:
Me and quojova gentlemanned no Baton Pass this game. Quojova generally standard solid balance structures (though I had hear rumors of a dual prankbond team). Scouting his past 4 weeks revealed a general weakness to standard Band Korai, with the general answer FC Groudon getting Flip Turned into 2HKO range. Then I needed a teammate for Korai that can pressure the FC walls after Flip Turn, and Rayquaza was a natural consideration for its great matchup into Groudon. Here a couple sets were considered, including MGLO, standard Jungle LO -ate, but I ultimately decided on bringing back the Flame Orb Facade due to its immunity to status and Knock Off while providing a decent long term wincon with Facade’s 32 PP against some Ray checks people are bringing like Scales Corv. I wanted a Bounce mon to improof Ray and also deal with the Spikes mons quojova likes to bring, such as Etern, so doing a search gave Bounce Diancie, with Heatran being the alternative but I prefer Poison neutrality over Fire neutrality. Scales Steelceus and FC Dozo is one of the most solid two mon FurScales core.
Team preview revealed quo’s Arc forme as Electric, which was scary because it checks Ray very well and I didn’t have an answer to CM variants outside of fishing for crits from Steelceus. Koraidon had a great matchup though, with non-FC Zacian and FC Groudon. Korai Flips the first time its in to bring Groudon into Tera Glaive range, and Ray is in to threaten it, with the plan to hard Korai on the Eleceus. I should’ve played slower though, as I didn’t scout the Eleceus set at all so Ray goes down to Ooze. Korai claims a kill with the right predict and with Zacian gone Glaive was free. However Palafin comes in on Steelceus who does lose the 1v1 and reveals a demon set that I have no answers for because Dozo is Shore not Jungle + Sap. Imp fails to fish for a crit and game is over.
Hindsight the matchup was unfavourable but not unplayable since Korai outsped everything and was unwallable. However definitely could’ve had a great matchup with some minor tweaks to the team, such as running V-create LO on Ray like Akira suggested, having Dozo be standard Sap Jungle, and having Imposter be Cloak. Some misplays too from my side, mainly letting Imp get Knocked by not realizing Corv revealed Regen and letting Ray get chipped and die to Ooze, losing my Palafin check.

Week 6 - augustakira - (No Tera) Mold Korai Balance
:flame-plate::zacian-crowned::dialga-origin::dondozo::koraidon::chansey:
Me and Akira gentlemanned no Tera this game. Without Tera the meta is very different, with a lot of standard breakers functioning much worse. Mixed Dragapult would’ve been a great bring if I didn’t already bring it and Akira knowing all about the set (which was correct). Moldy Koraidon was a threat that remained dangerous by 2HKOing every FC not Dondozo, and Knock Off lets me remove Helmet to freely spam STABs. Desoland Fireceus helps deal with Dondozo by blocking its Flip Turn while chunking it with Solar Beam, with Shackle for Imposter. Zacian-C is an acceptable offensive check to several special attackers like -ate mons, and also helps improof Koraidon, with the set being pretty flexible. I really wanted an Unaware mon because I feel like setup would be a consistent way to make progress without Tera, so looking through the options I went with Dialga-O, offering an Eleki check too. For FC went with Dozo for slow pivoting. Imposter I went with Cloak since offensive mons would do well into Evio anyways.
Not much to say about the game since matchup was really bad. Not bringing a Scales mon into Palkia-O was terrible despite having a Water immunity. Fireceus was never making progress into opposing Fireceus, and Koraidon cannot get opportunities to ever break because it struggles to get in on any mon.

Week 7 - cityscapes - Ghost Spam Bulky Offense ft. Gholdengo
:pixie-plate::gholdengo::flutter-mane::corviknight::dragapult::chansey:
Originally after doing some scouting I wanted to build around a Hadron Engine breaker, since all of city’s teams were susceptible to Electric SpA. However by the time I started actually building the team we were already not making playoffs, so I wanted to bring team mascot Gholdengo instead. I started with a boring standard Ghold - Korai core, but then decided might as well go crazy and bring Ghost-spam Offense to overload Ghost checks and break the trend of me bringing Balance every game. Pult would be good against random offensive mons and is very effective at double pressuring Ting-Lu. Flutter provides the raw breaking power with the less common Hadron set, it was originally Beads but I had no idea what to run so I just added Rising Voltage and ran Hadron, which was cool because that’s what I originally wanted to use. FC Fairyceus was a FC that improofed Pult while acting as a potential wincon, improofed by Ghold. I had never used Corv before and Scales seemed like a good fit against Ray, as otherwise ESpeed would be annoying.
Also not much to say about the game since city loaded Eleki. I made some misplays with Imposter and the Groudon turn but the matchup was really hard when Tera Eleki outspeeds and OHKOs the entire team barring Corv and Imposter.

I'll make a post in the BH thread with a more detailed set dump and metagame thoughts soon. Edit: Here is the post.

Shoutouts

This was my first OMPL starting in BH, which was quite a different experience from supporting, thank you Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂ and Eledyr for giving me the opportunity. Overall I had a fun experience playing and exploring this wild meta. Record could've been better if I actually made good teams and plays at the end. The BH pool this year was very evenly matched, as evident by the close records, and it made playing and watching the games interesting.

I'm not great at doing individual shoutouts so I would like to just do a collective shoutout to my team for helping make this experience really fun.
Special shoutouts to augustakira Tea Guzzler XxLazzerpenguinxX TTTech quojova for helping out a lot with building and testing.

Last edited:

hayedenn

forgotten me already?
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hello hello friends. I was hoping that I would be posting here under better circumstances but unfortunately the W VIRIZZIONS have been knocked out of playoffs by the Wiggly Families. I would first like to congratulate ojr Osake Dragonillis for making finals and being good sports, you all deserve it and I know that you've all worked incredibly hard. I really could spend the first part of this post malding and coping and whatever, but I've really reached a point of zenness with it all and really all I have to say is just have some self awareness about your own behavior. Remember what is cringe, if you win by hax don't say you're cracked. You're still a mid tier mainer. Have some grace, because everyone else is side-eyeing you.

Rizzions. Through all my years of team tours, which fwiw is not that many it's like 2-3, this is by far the most fun team that I have ever been apart of. Through all 68,000 messages (1/4 of those being in the AAA channel), I feel like I got to really make some long-term friends and meet a ton of people whom I had never interacted with before. Forever, you all will be the GOATs in my heart. It really sucks that we weren't able to finish the job, but as they say in football, any given Sunday, and this Sunday it just didn't work out for us, and I accept that. I'm still fucking gutted though. I was pretty gutted after last OMPL finals loss and I recovered enough right before this PL to be okay, and now I feel like I've been gutted even harder. Sad!

Before I start with shoutouts, because I know some people are only here for the teams, I will dump pastes first.

omfl teams https://pokepast.es/e83adbd26a115e30
ompl teams https://pokepast.es/a5791ba9f319c67e
good 2v2 teams https://pokepast.es/4fabfd9299a2e14b

Greybaum I really didn't know what it was going to be like managing with you, even though we had been friends for like, a year maybe idk I kind of asked you on a whim whether you wanted to manage OMPL or not and you were immediately down. Through the pre-draft process and the weeks, you were my emotional rock when I would cope any time we were down a game or two. Those first two weeks we lost were really hard for me because I am a major coper and hate losing, but you kept up your relentlessly positive attitude and really I think was one of the major reasons that we were able to turn things around. You were active in almost every channel, always down for tests, always friendly and upbeat, and it was such a joy managing with you. I really couldn't imagine doing this with anyone else (also ur cracked at drafting TO REITERATE and were the reason we got so many 3k goats).

xavgb We didn't really talk much throughout the tour outside of prep for your games but you are SO GOOD AT THE GAME. It's unfortunate how your last game went, but ohmygod you were someone we could rely on week in week out to clutch up and win the week (also cus u were usually the last person to play). I'm pretty sure your wins at the end of the week kept us in the tour like at least twice. I don't really have much to say outside of how good you are but I would draft you again in a heartbeat, and you're also a super chill person to talk to. I'm not sure how you don't let nerves affect you it's insane.

cityscapes SOME PEOPLE (tea guzzler, who claims it was just for 1-2 weeks) did not trust in you being the goat but I DID. and greybaum. I know you are disappointed you didn't get to have your rematch with Stresh, but you still did a great job cleaning up the BH pool and tbqh the games you lost you probably should have won so in my heart you are undefeated....You somehow remain consistently creative every week and although I know you mald at the builder cus this meta sucks, you are one of the great OM goats and I hope that you come back again next year :3

pannu Pannu, there is so much I could say here but I mostly just want to apologize for having to put you through what was obviously a very miserable experience playing STABmons this tour. I know that this OMPL went about as opposite as you would have wanted, and I am sorry that you did not have fun. I do hope that you were able to take some solace in our amazing team atmosphere (s/o me), and even though things didn't go your way, I do know that you were a rock when it came to building our team culture and atmosphere and activity. Which sounds like me giving you a participation trophy, which it kinda is....but it's true!!! I don't think our team could have pulled it around after our two losses to start the season without you. You may be cringe (endearing) but you are always a ton of fun to talk to and team with and I hope that the next tour you play goes much better for you bc you are the GOAT

Stareal I am still mystified that you went for 8k. Known NFE goat that you are, your record this OMPL does NOT reflect how well you played each week. The hax you had to deal with was insane and you were definitely not lucky outside of that first jr game. I am really glad that we were able to get you invested in the team and chatting and having fun, and ironically I bet most of your lines were not in game-chat and not your own channel sobsob. I really appreciate you continuing to play with all the BS you had to deal with.

LordBox Tranquility Our AAA building squad. You two are the reasons that every other team had no AAA builder bc we stole them all....One of the fears that I had going into the draft was that I was going to be stuck with no AAA builder and that I was going to have to kms building AAA every week like I did last year...BUT I DIDNT. bc i got TWO aaa builders. I am sorry that I was only able to get one game for the two of you combined, but I can't help that we just kept winning and had to tryhard....I really appreciate all the effort you guys put in every week and the like 17,000 messages our AAA channel had by the end of the tour just proves how psychotic you guys were. Perhaps we had an issue of too many cooks in the kitchen, but it happens...I'm just glad that I got two amazing active builders. s/o Isaiah for helping you young ones out

SparksBlade We didn't get you in a game this season which SUCKS but you were such a joy to have in the team chat. You always loved the animal pictures I would send from work which made me so happy bc I like sharing the cute dogs I see. You are such a relentlessly positive force and were always around to cheer people on and hang out and that is such an awesome thing to get out of a draftee!!!

Vrji Itchy tyo TWO VEE TWO SQUAD. MY GOATS :praying: I really could not have asked for a better squad this year. Itchy, you are always such a joy to talk to and will listen to me cry and mald and cope about literally everything that happens which is such a great quality to have in a friend. We must have had 10+ hours of tests by the end of the tour, it was insane how much you were willing to let me bother you so I'd feel 5% better about the teams. Vrji, I know your games did not go your way but your support was SO VALUABLE and the way that you made my teams go from mid to pretty viable, I am forever thankful for. tyo, I know we didn't talk a ton but I appreciate you so much for clicking your way to a 5-1 record. We relied on you so much to put us ahead early week and you always delivered. I know my teams and prep were not always great but you still showed up and won anyways which is INSANE. I cannot believe we got you for only 3k, I literally nommed you thinking you were gonna get upbid to 10k and we got you for basically free....OMPL managers r flops.

Taka corvere My AG pals, you guys were some of the amazing people I met this tour. Taka I'm ngl I asked pannu five seconds before our nom who to nom and they said you which is why you were chosen LMFAO....I did not know who you were I just trusted....and it was an amazing decision. Corvere, you were some of the goatiest support ever. You both really got me into AG and turned me into the GOAT that I am now (fr) and the fact that you guys let me bother you all the time for games or to listen to my stupid ideas is just AHHH I appreciate you guys so much. You're both awesome people to chat with and Taka, you really just came into your own by the end of the tour and built and piloted so well. GOAT fr.

gum I am sorry that you flopped this tour, it was mostly my fault. Like, 65% my fault (you did choke a little but it's ok (endearing) (with love)). You really tryharded GG those first few weeks, and I know the pre-home meta SUCKED SO BADDDDD. You faced some really difficult opponents and I know our support those weeks was really bad and we passed you some garbage. It sucks, and I'm sorry we didn't do a better job. Your moral support these past few weeks was really great and I think it's always such a joy to talk to you.

hariyana grande Greybaum gassed you up pre-draft and I was like idk who this guy with the g*y name is but I'll trust...and it was a great decision. I think you were on our draft board for like 13k which looking back on it idk why we thought you might go that high. You really tryharded AAA this tour and put together some really great games. You're like the one queerbaiter who I am zen with and I really hope you come back next year because you are such an awesome person and teammate. You gassed us up really hard and tested a lot and were just such an amazing pickup :salute:

Sylvi I know I've called you german cotta which tbqh looking back on it is a little disrespectful to you cus you went positive but...without COTTA there is no SYLVI on the rizzions so ig thanks to them....You kinda begrudgingly subbed in saying you just wanted to be passed and play, but you REALLY tryharded and pushed us forward these past few weeks and farmed the crap out of the GG pool. I have nothing but positive things to say about you after this tour, the effort you put in was insane and I could not be more thankful for what you did for this team, being COTTA moral support, helping where you could, and tryharding the shit out of GG. Without you, I do not know whether we make playoffs or not, so thank you for that. Hopefully we get retains next year so we get 6k Sylvi....

To all our other helpers, avyrie (not banned), kDCA , Byleth astralydia Tea Guzzler Chris32156 iapt mencemeat sensei axew (idt u remember that ur in our server) thank you all so much, whether you were just there for the culture or had like a bajillion lines. Every person made this team what it was.

Idk if I'll be playing much until WC so if you don't see me, :salute:

I have mixed feelings. First of all I am thankfull to be drafted in the first place since pannu recommended me as a cheap pickup to help out STAB Slot with my building orginally. Unfortunate, this did not work out as I originally planned but in the meantime I got subbed in Godly Gift and with the one emergency sub for pannu, ended my first OMPL run with 4-1 which makes me happy personally. Nonetheless personal run beside, doesn't change we are out and this will always suck especially after starting with a win for ur team. I tried always my best to cheer the team up and help others even tho I don't know crap about the tier just by poking with questions but in the end it shall have not been enough.

I found building and playing Godly Gift very fun and wanted to sharemy builds with you, so the finals can be more spicy and be part of the potential meta shift in this tier. I am just doing it quick and dirty soi won't even try to make it pretty

vs. ponchlake
https://pokepast.es/ee79420922d16c9a

The Idea was simple to run a solid Team since I never played gg before. I proposed for a Girantina / Gholdengo / Arceus Ghost Structure and Greybaum cooked, I suggested Cyclizar as a good AV pick up and despite the result find this team very solid for the time being. The Prep was not that deep,I brought something Grey build with my additons.

vs. Jrdn
https://pokepast.es/1edd7fdbb9861bf0

Ngl, I am not even pretending to claim credit for the Team @Greybaumjust basically build it and I adjuste small things to my liking but yh it ishis work. Rilla taking 11% from Flame from Wake behind Screens and the debate to ban Hawlucha after the game were both funny. Nice cheese we brought and it just screens dengo to deny defog the terra and screens with memento setup for lucha, which was not played much so we catched them good offguard and the rest is just how lucha swept.

vs. fraise
https://pokepast.es/87bec4fe22f336a9

The Prep: "I think wake spzattack in sun with specs is a gun". prep done! after repollishing some ideas I convinced Greybaum to run eject among with two other eject users. It basically is wake the Team. Mimikyu is the emergency Hawlucha Check since Greybaum had nightmares and was fearing a spike in popularity so I suggested red card taunt since it just an underrated Set, so maybe for the ones who were wondering why it was HP Slot, now you know!

Semis vs. Meta
https://pokepast.es/20262783f0eb44ff

After tryharding all Week to decide that Psy Terrain is not the heat, we pivoted to some core ideas and on the last day after watching every Meta and WIggly AG replay I noticed they don't run Zapdos / Moltres / Rocky Helmet ever and since Hawlucha we knew how broken good Atk receiver are. We optimized the Draft we had and despite Greybaum disbeliefTrick Room Gking was genius for the speed controlf for offense and the Caly was fast since u only click tr against some faststuff but want to taunt dirge without trick room since Maus alone was planned to make enough progress. If u wanna use the team make glowking fsight > flame so u don't loose to Taunt Lucha, it was for Scizor Cteam attempt since they loved it. But yh I am proud of this Team, performed phenominally and techs popped off so we did some good cooking. Maus OHKOing an opposing Calyrex shall start a Ban Maushold Debate...

As I mentioned Greybaum hard carried me in this slot with buildig and was crazy enough to listen to my ideas and making it work to try them out. I was very picky so I thank him for always pushing himself with new builds since I aimed the perfect Team every week. Also on a personal note very nice and cool person and talked about non tour and tour related stuff outside gg, apprecaite it.

As for other shoutouts pannu has the most crazy energy on this site in good orbad ways but he keeps pushing. Sometimes lil bro should be more open for help from others but he made this tour way more fun and enjoyable. Thanks for getting me on this Team fren :)

hayedenn rather known as "HGAYDEN" was a nice manager to talk about the gg sub plan and alsoto mess around even tho I fall more victim to their jokes..

hariyana grande very solid player and the goat of comedy. great spirit and mad funny. keep up, was a good run for a newcomer with the haters in the pool

cityscapes believe more in urself, u r very nicely and if u continue that way u will be the best for sure, i hope for u the best, u have way more to archieve and collect all. top bid for next auction

xavgb we didn't talk much but when we did, you are very nice and wholesome, unlucky to go out with the beam crit but u was our ace and u know that, heads up!

Taka good spirit, keep it up and u get them. been tbh positive suprised by results so keep pushing

SparksBlade meme legend

LordBox great jojo pfp and also nice :>

Tranquility always there and nice and kind

gum CLAPGIF AND FREE NITRO but great energy bud, don't worry next is yours

to all the others who I didn't name we didn't talk much or at all but thanks for ur wins and good times, u were drafted for reasons or I shall want to believe that way

a small word to our helpers and some nice ppl in general who helped me

corvere u build and talk and theorized a lot and was there to helped. thank u, also great chat, i hope u will redeem urself as a player some day but for every Team the best supporter to ever ask for, was a blessing

mncmt PREP! (still the year of the mence sooner or later,was nice to chat with you again)

ponchlake after our series we kept talking and u r smart about the game but yet warm and funny, very cool guy on this site, unfort couldn't use the cook ideas for finals, maybe next time!

Lily same as for you, unfort we didn't make it but I appreciate sharing ideas for the final stage, would have been a great help

astralydia FIORA THE GOAT MADE SO MANY TEAMS FOR SEMIS but it wasn't enough but going thru the pain for all tier is so unremarkable help. the one and truly girlboss

To all other helpers, thanks for being there and contributing to prep or vibe, much appreciated!

I don't know if I have interest to pursue OM yet but it was very fun and thanks for all who rooted, Gl to the better Team in finals

RIZZ OUT

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
https://pokepast.es/d0607ea335fe8295 import all except for the baton pass ones which are banned

hi all, bh mom here. my wins were silly and my losses were entirely preventable, so an average season for me. i'm happy to have gotten a playoffs win this time cause in the past that's where i've gone wrong (see ompl 6 and 8). in total i played about 200-300 total ladder games throughout this pl which is the only reason i didnt throw every game

stresh — 07/15/2023 4:39 PM
this is vintage cityscapes

city — 07/15/2023 4:39 PM
no i played like ass

stresh — 07/15/2023 4:39 PM
gama of oms
losing by turn 20
calls chokes
ka bop

w1 - vs pdt

Crimson Hexagon (Volcanion) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Chilly Reception
- Lava Plume
- Knock Off
- Mortal Spin

My Cold Lover (Arceus-Ice) @ Icicle Plate
Ability: Refrigerate
Tera Type: Ice
Rash Nature
- Boomburst
- Extreme Speed
- Spikes
- Strength Sap

Tenacity of Slime (Goodra-Hisui) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Earth Eater
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick
- Spacial Rend
- Toxic
- Roost

Degeneration (Clodsire) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Ice Scales
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stone Axe
- Block
- Recover
- Perish Song

Crystalline Chute (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
Bold Nature
- Whirlwind
- Final Gambit
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze

Demon Bridge (Gholdengo) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Fur Coat
Tera Type: Flying
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Strength Sap
- Heal Bell
- Rapid Spin

i of course gravitated towards good -ate users, ideally ones that could get spikes up, cause those tended to work super well for me especially in early weeks. i could just apply continuous pressure and eventually win. team is pretty eccentric, gholdengo slot was initially spin zacc, i refer to this as "the slime girl team" because it has goodra. ultimately pretty happy with the whole ground weak spam + earth eater idea, with volcanion to both imposter proof iceus and easily come in on steels that countered it

w2 - vs sevag

Blacklight (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Dark
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Knock Off
- Recover

The Cradle (Ursaluna) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shift Gear
- Population Bomb
- Headlong Rush
- Strength Sap

Frostbrand (Iron Bundle) @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
Tera Type: Poison
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Blizzard
- Entrainment
- Block

Saccharine Shell (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
Tera Type: Ghost
Bold Nature
- Whirlwind
- Toxic Spikes
- Roost
- Tidy Up

Peace in Death (Flutter Mane) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Heal Bell
- Spikes
- Pain Split

Cascade (Palkia-Origin) @ Lustrous Globe
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Timid Nature
- Dragon Energy
- Tidy Up
- Strength Sap
- Steam Eruption

i try to build offense with the primary idea of veil + mg ursaluna but have no idea how to build offense in this gen so we get this weird utility flutter + unaware ghostceus strucure with a palk-o that makes no sense. it was still winning every test game cause veil is broken but in retrospect this isn't a very good team. sevag actually brought something worse somehow but he had gold vdance which i had literally never faced before so i didnt know what to do vs it and lost.

w3 - vs tttech

LILITH 2 (Arceus-Fairy) @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
Rash Nature
- Boomburst
- Extreme Speed
- Strength Sap
- Spikes

LET'S GET IT ON (Eternatus) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Flare Boost
Tera Type: Ground
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Nasty Plot
- Draco Meteor
- Sandsear Storm

HOMBRE PASIVO (Corviknight) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Nuzzle
- Knock Off
- Dragon Tail
- U-turn

DEEP BLUE (Kyogre) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Fur Coat
Bold Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Mortal Spin
- Knock Off
- Milk Drink

Hello! :D (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Whirlwind
- Final Gambit
- Spikes
- Roost

WORST MON ON TEAM (Meloetta) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Prankster
Calm Nature
- Haze
- Slack Off
- Tidy Up
- Glare

i had this team sitting around in my builder from before ompl (i think it was like the only good team i had at the time) so i decided to bring it cause i can usually bring whatever into tttech as long as its solid and not too standard. it's of course heavily derived from gen 8 cause we got the lilith and the sovereign citizen etern. overall the miku is a little poor but the team generally does okay. i shouldve 100% lost this game, i knew tttech would switch out but realistically he had no reason to, the odds drastically favor him even if he just chills out and spams mortal

w4 - vs quojova

Peace in Death (Giratina) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type: Fire
Sassy Nature
- Baton Pass
- Recover
- Nuzzle
- Salt Cure

Looking for Unlife (Zamazenta-Crowned) @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Rock
Jolly Nature
- Salt Cure
- Knock Off
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Summer Seraphim (Arceus-Fire) @ Charcoal
Ability: Desolate Land
Hasty Nature
- Burn Up
- Growth
- Electro Drift
- V-create

Homeland (Corviknight) @ Light Clay
Bold Nature
- Haze
- Shore Up
- Reflect
- Light Screen

Malice Cannon (Rayquaza) @ Sky Plate
Ability: Aerilate
Lonely Nature
- Boomburst
- Extreme Speed
- Collision Course
- Swords Dance

Cold Blade (Kyogre) @ Assault Vest
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- U-turn
- Nuzzle
- Knock Off
- Revelation Dance

hayden recommended me sub knock salt cure spikes zamac and i was like this is fuckin stupid why are we sub with no way to abuse it, we should just be subpass. so i built around subpass which turned out to be broken especially with these demons, unfortunately i forgot to run sub glare pass (the really broken one) and also threw on turn 2 which is a new record even for me. if fireceus or ray get in behind sub im practically winning on the spot

w5 - vs akira

Infinity Folds (Zamazenta-Crowned) @ Shed Shell
Jolly Nature
- No Retreat
- Baton Pass
- Combat Torque
- Glare

Spacesphere (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Good as Gold
Rash Nature
- Growth
- Judgment
- Collision Course
- Shore Up

My Love for Hell (Eternatus) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Modest Nature
- Baton Pass
- Torch Song
- Dragon Energy
- Salt Cure

Far-Off Signals (Kyogre) @ Covert Cloak
Calm Nature
- No Retreat
- Baton Pass
- Revelation Dance
- Roost

Voyager (Ting-Lu) @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Mortal Spin
- U-turn
- Dragon Tail

Sunscraper (Zacian) @ Red Card
Tera Type: Bug
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Haze
- Spirit Break
- Heal Bell

at this point i was really starting to see how bad anti-setup really was at its job. it worked temporarily but didnt meaningfully return momentum to the user, meaning that the setup user could just follow up with another setup mon and increase the pressure. so here we have double no retreat pass where the zamac actually has glare

in this game: reimu investigates the wrong conspiracy and fuckign dies (crashes into fake moon) (real) (Real)

w6 - vs frozoid

Returning Bridge (Giratina) @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Turboblaze
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Perish Song
- Taunt
- Strength Sap

Autumn Angels (Arceus-Fighting) @ Fist Plate
Ability: Simple
Tera Type: Psychic
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Judgment
- Esper Wing
- Roost

Starlight Carnival (Magearna) @ Covert Cloak
Tera Type: Rock
Impish Nature
- Gigaton Hammer
- Recover
- Salt Cure
- Ruination

Plasma Netherworld (Kyogre) @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Misty Surge
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Shore Up
- Teleport
- Reflect

Malaise (Rayquaza) @ Sky Plate
Ability: Aerilate
Lonely Nature
- Boomburst
- Extreme Speed
- Rapid Spin
- Fake Out

Retro-Revision (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Tidy Up
- Block
- Roost
- Haze

hayden was recommending this perish song moldy gira to beat good as gold and get up spikes, i thought it was pretty cool, reminded me of usum moldy gira who was fantastic on a lot of hazard stack ideas. 4 flying move ray imposter proofs it while providing extra insurance into offense, it loses to covert though so a bit worse than i thought. of course autumn angels here is the demon, it loses to poison and para so i came up with misty surge ogre which is probably one of my favorite ideas from this tour. gear is mandatory into ate and broken ass snr ghostceus who jungle heals off my status and still 2hkos with tera ghost (lol).

the game was funny cause i threw away my arc on a goofy ass tera when judgment always killed and lost my gira trying to taunt a prospective no retreat flutter (?) instead of getting up unremovable spikes and i also let my opponent get away with extremely obvious doubles assuming i would win an endgame that was in reality much closer than i thought it was. But other than that i played pretty good i think

w7 - vs chessking

Violetfold (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
Rash Nature
- No Retreat
- Judgment
- Collision Course
- Chilly Reception

Lunafold (Kyogre) @ Covert Cloak
Calm Nature
- Haze
- Dragon Tail
- Revelation Dance
- Healing Wish

Double Aspect (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Victory Dance
- Substitute
- Volt Tackle
- Precipice Blades

Frozen Core (Groudon) @ Light Clay
Tera Type: Steel
Impish Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Earthquake
- Teleport
- Toxic

Meltdown (Regieleki) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Hadron Engine
Modest Nature
- Rising Voltage
- Volt Switch
- Chilly Reception
- Lunar Dance

Irisfold (Zamazenta-Crowned) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Victory Dance
- Iron Head
- Leech Seed

after summer seraphim and autumn angels had had their fun it was once again time for winter to fall on the bh community. i'd been meaning to build with chilly veil for a while, threw together a preliminary version, won every test game, then played ladder and got tilted as fuck by weird anti setup. this team actually went thru a ton of changes, zamac was originally volt tackle iron treads, don was taunt>teleport, lando was first simple tera fire leftovers caly-i, then simple clear amulet tera fairy low kick/torque/jungle korai, then flame orb pixilate sd zac, but none of them really beat imposter. also lando should be tera grass on this team so you dont lose to surging palafin(i think you still beat imposter), dbond>hwish ogre can also be considered so you dont lose mons early game to stuff like specs -ate

this team is broken as fuck and also is resistant to bans of specific elements, if good as gold leaves we just replace zamac with another demon

unfortunately i ran into the same problem as week 5 which is that i won so fast i didnt get to show off my nicknames. violetfold and lunafold sadly did not make an appearance in this game

playoffs - vs onyx

History of Fantasy (Heatran) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Adamant Nature
- Gigaton Hammer
- Tidy Up
- Spirit Shackle
- Strength Sap

Incandescence (Kyogre) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Glare
- Surf

Forgotten Lantern (Giratina) @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Teravolt
Tera Type: Dark
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Strength Sap
- Perish Song
- Will-O-Wisp

WE♥CASTING SPELLS (Arceus-Fairy) @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
Mild Nature
- Boomburst
- Extreme Speed
- V-create
- Strength Sap

Auspicious Omen (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
Tera Type: Steel
Relaxed Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Mortal Spin
- Shore Up
- Ruination

miku (Meloetta) @ Light Clay
Calm Nature
- Haze
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Roost

i didnt have a lot of time to build cause i was being gay so i decided to refactor my second team from week 6 which was mainly moldy gira/gold ogre/gold zamac/imposter. hayden passed me the gold ogre but i changed salt cure to glare so it could be dumber. miku makes an appearance here once again.

this team is really shoddy, i wanted to fit lunar dance somewhere so i could troll more efficiently with ogre. however in the game this wouldnt even have helped because i ran into absolute meme matchup jolly haze magic bounce giratina + prank blissey. fortunately goddess fairyceus carried with some big plays

meta thoughts
i used kyogre 6 times to a record of 5-1, more than any other mon including imposter (except arceus-* but that doesn't really count). what can i say? the mon channels the moon

ban covert cloak salt cure no retreat good as gold and tera

shoutouts
hayedenn ur so cool im really glad i was drafted by you, not only were you great bh support throughout the tour but youre also just great to talk to in general. thanks for giving me the motivation i needed to perform and for being an awesome friend

Greybaum youre also just an awesome manager even if we dont regularly talk as much, just extremely encouraging and attentive. i really wanted to tryhard to impress you lol

xavgb im sad weve mostly fallen out of contact, it was a ton of fun to see you just going in week after week. hope you have fun wherever you are on or off this site

gum ur awesome. brought the playoffs energy that we needed even if it ended up not going well in the end

tyo it was hilarious watching you just tear up the pool, no great ompl team is complete without a 3k demon. big things ahead of you in 2v2

pannu im really glad we got to team again after ompl 10 lops (hilarious team), youre so cool, absolute protagonist of oms

astralydia you're gay

rest of team you were all cool as fuck. thank you for making this one of my most memorable ompls

i will be running away from the other metagames subforum for the foreseeable future because if im getting tilted at 4 am i want it to at least be while programming. this was fun though

SpaceSpeakers

eeny mine moe
is a Tiering Contributor
Hello ! I am SpaceSpeakers from the Terrible Tyrants. We are already out so i just want to post teams that were built by my OMPL teammates who are god players. !!!!!
Anything Goes :
Week 1 : :Grimmsnarl: :orthworm: :iron moth: :miraidon: :chien pao: :koraidon:
Week 2 ::miraidon: :miraidon: :iron hands: :great tusk: :iron bundle: :annihilape:
Week 3 : :Corviknight: :Skeledirge: :Clodsire: :koraidon: :chi yu: :arceus:
Week 4 : :Koraidon: :Groudon: :Zacian crowned: :arceus dark: :clodsire: :giratina-origin:
Week 5 : :gothitelle: :eternatus: :zacian crowned: :ting lu: :arceus grass: :kyogre:
Week 6 : :calyrex shadow: :arceus: :arceus ground: :grimmsnarl: :eternatus: :koraidon:
Week 7 : :calyrex shadow: :arceus: :arceus ground: :grimmsnarl: :eternatus: :koraidon:
PlayOffs : :Calyrex shadow: :miraidon: :arceus: :giratina origin: :skeledirge: :ting lu:
TieBreak : :calyrex shadow: :ting lu: :skeledirge: :eternatus: :arceus: :arceus ground:
Almost Any Ability :

Week 1 : :Corviknight: :Kingambit: :Glimmora: :Scream tail: :Garchomp: :Iron Moth:
Week 2 : :Talonflame: :Kingambit: :Haxorus: :Cinderace: :Rotom-Wash: :Toxtricity:
Week 3 : :Ursaluna: :Moltres-Galar: :Mew: :Roaring Moon: :Corviknight: :Zamazenta-Crowned:
Week 4 : :Thundurus-Therian: :Slither wing: :Ursaluna: :Electrode Hisui: :Cinderace: :Volcarona:
Week 5 : :Regieleki: :Slowking-Galar: :Slither Wing: :Corviknight: :garchomp: :Heatran:
Week 6 : :Scream tail: :corviknight: :glimmora: :blissey: :garchomp: :dondozo:
Week 7 : :corviknight: :meloetta: :slither wing: :landorus-therian: :inteleon: :cinderace:
PlayOffs : :corviknight: :zapdos-galar: :garchomp: :slowking-galar: :goodra-hisui: :heatran:
Balanced Hackmons :

Week 1 : :Flutter mane: :chansey: :Arceus-ghost: :zamazenta-crowned: :dialga-origin: :rayquaza:
Week 2 : :chansey: :Groudon: :flutter mane: :heatran: :arceus ghost: :dialga-origin:
Week 3 : :Arceus fire: :iron bundle: :corviknight: :chansey: :meloetta: :groudon:
Week 4 : :chansey: :flutter mane: :zacian: :arceus ground: :corviknight: :eternatus:
Week 5 : :zacian: :groudon: :chansey: :arceus electric: :corviknight: :palafin-hero:
Week 6 : :Enamorus: :iron moth: :chansey: :dialga-origin: :arceus ghost: :iron bundle:
Week 7 : :Koraidon: :dondozo: :zamazenta-crowned: :arceus fairy: :flutter mane: :corviknight:
PlayOffs: :Arceus ghost: :corviknight: :zamazenta-crowned: :dondozo: :regieleki: :chansey:
TieBreak: :zamazenta-crowned: :dondozo: :chansey: :arceus fairy: :flutter mane: :heatran:
Godly Gift :

Week 1 : :corviknight: :scream tail: :iron moth: :koraidon: :ting lu: :slither wing:
Week 2 : :hatterene: :meowscarada: :skeledirge: :koraidon: :ting lu: :gholdengo:
Week 3 : :rotom-wash: :lokix: :slowking galar: :zacian-crowned: :great tusk: :zapdos galar:
Week 4 : :rotom wash: :tinkaton: :skeledirge: :electrode hisui: :great tusk: :arceus:
Week 5 ::gholdengo: :clodsire: :corviknight: :arceus fairy: :dondozo: :ting lu:
Week 6 : :hatterene: :mewtwo: :Polteageist: :indeedee: :sneasler: :great tusk:
Week 7 : :hatterene: :magearna: :hoopa: :torkoal: :glastrier: :cresselia:
PlayOffs : :rotom wash: :tinkaton: :skeledirge: :electrode hisui: :great tusk: :arceus:
Mix and Mega :

Week 1 : :Great tusk: :corviknight: :dragonite: :clodsire: :rotom-frost: :slowking:
Week 2 : :Iron jugulis: :great tusk: :garganacl: :clodsire: :slowking: :arcanine:
Week 3 : :blissey: :gholdengo: :arceus ground: :heatran: :regieleki: :magearna:
Week 4 : :blissey: :gholdengo: :arcanine hisui: :great tusk: :toxapex: :zamazenta:
Week 5 : :garganacl: :iron treads: :zapdos-galar: :magearna: :ceruledge: :dragonite:
Week 6 : :Arceus: :sandy shocks: :corviknight: :zapdos galar: :slowking: :arcanine hisui:
Week 7 : :Arcanine hisui: :zamazenta: :arceus: :tinkaton: :basculegion-F: :great tusk:
PlayOffs : :samurott hisui: :magearna: :arcanine hisui: :sandy shocks: :landorus therian: :spectrier:
NFE :

Week 1 : :frogadier: :vigoroth: :fletchinder: :pikachu: :tinkatuff: :hattrem:
Week 2 ::sneasel: :dartrix: :dragonair: :drakloak: :frogadier: :tinkatuff:
Week 3 : :Qwilfish hisui: :gabite: :frogadier: :toedscool: :eelektrik: :stantler:
Week 4 : :dunsparce: :meditite: :tinkatuff: :gabite: :dartrix: :hattrem:
Week 5 : :tinkatuff: :frogadier: :drakloak: :qwilfish hisui: :dartrix: :eelektrik:
Week 6 : :Sliggoo: :mareanie: :thwackey: :fletchinder: :raboot: :gabite:
Week 7 : :snorunt: :pawniard: :qwilfish hisui: :dartrix: :drakloak: :dunsparce:
PlayOffs : :tinkatuff: :frogadier: :drakloak: :qwilfish hisui: :dartrix: :eelektrik:
Stabmons :

Week 1 : :Greninja: :pelipper: :barraskewda: :meowscarada: :toxapex: :gyarados:
Week 2 : :grimmsnarl: :baxcalibur: :volcarona: :haxorus: :kingambit: :iron hands:
Week 3 : :volcanion: :iron valiant: :baxcalibur: :slowking galar: :landorus therian: :magearna:
Week 4 : :iron valiant: :baxcalibur: :volcarona: :slowking galar: :landorus therian: :zamazenta crowned:
Week 5 : :lilligant hisui: :walking wake: :scizor: :sylveon: :clodsire: :thundurus:
Week 6 : :arcanine hisui: :corviknight: :gastrodon: :lilligant hisui: :slither wing: :roaring moon:
Week 7 ::torkoal: :walking wake: :great tusk: :scovillain: :roaring moon: :slowking galar:
PlayOffs : :breloom: :sableye: :kingambit: :greninja: :rillaboom: :walking wake:
TieBreak : :Greninja: :iron valiant: :iron hands: :toxapex: :walking wake: :kingambit:

Uh i cant find 2v2 teams soooooo.... Pls forgive me Yuki :woop:

Finally, i wanna to talk a bit about my teammates who are all great and fun to talk to.
Thanks drampa's grandpa and kenn for drafting me in this OMPL, which was unexpected. This is my first teamtour ever so everything is quite new to me. You both are great managers and always try to give us opportunity to play.Im glad that i could win a single game in this season.

Career Ended you are the person who i talked to most. Personally, i think u r the greatest player in our team since u supported almost every tiers except 2v2 and AG. Maaaan we could have done better but our tz sucks. I realized that i learned a lot from your builds and your fantastic ideas.

Fissure Fish? Sure!!!!- the second person who i really enjoyed building teams with. U had a great season and im p sure it could have been better if you had had any stab players as support.

TectonicDestroyer it was so nice when i got drafted in a same team with u. You weren't onl too often due to exams but whenever u were available, u always came up with great ideas and strategies.

seroo u were the only person who didnt play but it was so cool to have u in the team. Im glad that im in a teamtour with u twice.

quojova thanks for carrying me :) We did not talk too much since i dont build BH ;-; and u chat in BH channel only. I was really excited when i realized that im in the same team w u bc ik that u would carry me .

shiloh i was really pleased to have u in our team. I was surprised when u just used a team that u have never seen before and won with it .

yuki Well, i rarely talked to you because we didnt build the same formats but u were wholesome whenever u tried to build fantastic teams.

lepton eee we didnt talk too much but all i know is u built all of NFE teams for Tyrants :3

Inder Inder gaming never made us feel disappointed !!! It was cool when we had u in team. I still remember when u had an arguement with lepton due to language differentiation LOL

tlenit Shaneghoul tzaur I'm glad to have gotten to know you all through this tour. All are great players and supporters :)

Instruct the main GG builder in Tyrants team. U always tried your best to play and support us. Hope to play with u again :)

blinkboy u made me feel upset when u beat me in OM Grandslam but then we got drafted in a same team so its ok :>. u barely talked but had a great performance in this season.

Lasen i had many things to talk about him but the thing that i remember most is when he couldnt play his OMPL game because his phone got stolen at work L

Well, obviously there are still many supporters such as Lumii berry Morgan,... that i cant name all. Thanks all tho!!!
ompl-01.png

Last edited:

tzaur

فلسطين حرة
is a Tiering Contributor
All:

tzaur here. I don't have much to say other than I appreciate drampa's grandpa and kenn for drafting me this OMPL. I also really appreciate you, quojova for seeing the value in my teambuilding even if hit-or-miss. I won't lie; signed up just to see what would happen, not expecting anything, and was completely caught off-guard when I was actually drafted despite my lack of tour experience. So, I definitely learned a lot by seeing Quo play and building via scouting individuals rather than via scouting the current ladder. My schedule is gradually ramping up since tax season is around the corner, but I hope to gain more tour experience whenever time permits for me.

SpaceSpeakers: Pleasure meeting you, as well, and I can tell you were of fantastic support for the AAA side.

Career Ended: Was great interacting and getting to know you more. Overall very cool dude! I appreciated you hyping me up as I was playing my one match vs. Sevag.

quojova: As stated to you privately, it was also great being of support to you on the BH side. It was nice to have someone share some visions with me and being able to see them materialize. You kicked so much ass - easily had the highest ceiling by far, besting all of the BH mains. Best wishes on your future endeavors both here and IRL!

shiloh: We didn't talk much, but I was definitely keeping an eye on your matches even though I don't play/care for this gen's AAA; you were my favorite player in the pool (not biased, I promise). Very impressive player for AAA standards and in my opinion the best in the pool on an overall fundamental level.

Everyone else on the team: you guys did great, and I hope you all are proud of yourselves.

XxLazzerpenguinxX: Going 0-1 wasn't the best way to start for me, but you were a tough opponent to start with, so not ashamed of the L at all. Was a pleasure finally playing you! It was a lot tougher scouting you out than the other players, and you really had me with that Regen Toxapex that I couldn't break/come in on.

I also had built some teams that I had on deck should I have had to sub for any of Quo's matches, and I will dump them along with meta/recent tiering action thoughts in the main BH thread sometime this week (and link them here).

LBDC

From Eu to the Mont-Saint-Michel
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello trainers, it is me, LBDC. My OMPL season ended before Play-Off, with the elimination of my team. I want to thanks Tea Guzzler and ponchlake for drafting me in this OMPL but I'd also like to say sorry. Indeed, this season has been difficult for me, as I navigued between two different metagame and I haven't been able to clutch wins when it mattered, which meant we always behind in some sort. In addition to HOME drop, this OMPL has started at a time where I thought and I was mostly free (this was post-exams), but I was actually intellectually tired from my IRL life and I needed some rest. So yes, this was maybe a mistake to sign-up.

Anyway here is the team dump, comments in the teams are in the Pokepast link.

Merci Palapapop d'ailleurs, tu as été incroyable, rien que pour me motiver ! Je te pardonne presque pour hier soir...

W1 against Kaif (replay)
:Tyranitar: :Baxcalibur: :Corviknight: :clodsire: :Houndstone: :Espathra:

W2 against RoFnA (replay)
:iron-valiant: :ting-lu: :salamence: :Gholdengo: :slowking: :iron-moth:

Post-HOME

W3 against lepton (replay)
:Pelipper: :Thundurus: :ting-lu: :Barraskewda: :corviknight: :walking wake:

W4 against Clem (replay)
:ting-lu: :zamazenta-Crowned: :Toxapex: :Volcarona: :Corviknight: :Meloetta:

W5 against Pannu (replay)
:clodsire: :toxapex: :landorus-therian: :thundurus: :ditto: :ting-lu:

W6 against abriel (replay)
:Baxcalibur: :Walking Wake: :Slowking-Galar: :corviknight: :landorus-therian: :ting-lu:

W7 against Fc/Dugza (replay)
:Scizor: :wo-chien: :Baxcalibur: :klefki: :volcanion: :landorus-Therian:

A few thoughts about the metagame:
It's certainly fun to play, but building consistent teams is difficult, because we have a sheer number of dangerous Pokémon.

Fun to play, as the tier is offense-friendly and it's easy to understand what checks what (a Corviknight checks Landorus-Therian for exemple). However, for me building feel limited, especially for balance teams. You hace often to use the same glues everytime: Ting-Lu, Corviknight, Toxapex, and Landorus-Therian. To illustrate this, I want to mention that every Post-HOME teams I used use two of Ting-Lu, Corviknight, and Toxapex. This is, of course, barring my W7 team where, on a game without any pressure, I deliberately tried to drive away from the same glue mons I was using, only to moderate success, at best.

This is somewhat an separate issue but I would like to mention that this metagame needs more players and more innovations. There is honestly a ton of options out there waiting to be explored. While it's great we had some good games this OMPL, we still used the same core and ideas... I think with more players, this metagame could be even more creative and passionate.

Now, regarding tiering activity, I'm glad we banned Walking Wake and (to an lesser extent, Liligant-H). This mon was not balanced in any way for the metagame. Speaking strictly for me, but I'm still of the opinion that Booster Energy might need to go; however we can wait for the post-suspect metagame to decide the course of action.

I'm confident for the immediate future of this metagame. Whatever comes out from Tera suspect, we'll have a playable metagame, awaiting future innovations and future players. In the long term, however, I worry that the glue problem I mentioned earlier could in the future make the metagame repetitive? So, what do think? What do you think about the metagame and its teambuilding?

Finally, I'll mention I'm playing STABmons in the on-going OML! This is the 4-teams French tournament, the auctions were held on Sunday and it promises to have some good STAB games :)

cya!

Osake

Hasta Siempre
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Well played to SSSSS you were by far the better team of the finals and most of you are really cool guys I appreciated your presence throughout the tour tbh, and sorry to Virizzions for stealing you and then make this awful performance in finals

This season was a bit weird as I managed to pull-up a good record, going from 2-5 two years ago (not counting my stab loss cuz I would lose against everyone in stabs anyway) to 6-3 now, but I've never been satisfied with my builds and I didn't really reach a point where I thought this team was good (and I also played awfully in finals and I'm so mad and sorry for that but yeah I'm not a good player)

I'll put the songs I used for the next weeks each week, they're all french but my fellow fan pannu loves it so

w1 vs shiloh - Replay
:chien-pao: - :quaquaval: - :corviknight: - :iron moth: - :scream tail: - :garchomp:

Well I kinda explained this team in the first AAA review of this OMPL so I won't explain much, but it was standard pre-home stuff (as Siamato mentionned, very boring team) as I expected shiloh to not know the meta well and be weak to Chien-Pao, which is what happened. Otherwise the team is just Moth U-turn to bring Pao against regenvest / garchomp / fire immunity (could work today too with WBB Lando and stuff like that) and RH Chomp to weaken Corviknight and put it in the range of Chien-Pao. The team kinda lacks a Knock Off user to be fully efficient but I can't use Treads all the time..
The game itself was just Pao and Quaquaval winning so nothing much to explain.

w2 vs MZ - Replay
:rotom-wash: - :volcarona: - :tinkaton: - :iron treads: - :meowscarada: - :slither wing:

After Week 2 LordBox stole my reviews :c so I couldn't explain my builds anymore which made me sad, esp since there was a team I wanted to share but I've never been able to so I'll do it now.. Anyway MZ had a bad W1 but it was also the last week before Home and everyone was building boring af Corv - Moth - Chomp builds so I decided to prove that it was possible to build good teams without those. It obviously was hard and less consistent overall but I decided to use Volcarona which is a mon that saw suprisingly low usages (outside of the HOs) despite being an absolute monster on paper, and I chose to take the path of an HO-mon in a balanced team (which I already did in 8G with BD Kommo-o and is really interesting bc it's less fishy and do or die than HO). I obviously needed a very good spinner so I chose Treads which is one of the best mon both pre-home and post-home, Rotom was there to burn Chomp and bc it was a cool pick at the time to soft check Pao alongside with Intim Slither Wing and Tinkaton. The team is really cool and has a lot of techs, but it was obviously frail on many sides, I was quite weak to Water-types (Quaquaval, Inteleon) and a lot of other things (my own Volcarona could 6-0 me lol), but I was confident in MZ not bringing things that could 6-0 me and in my ability to outplay dangerous threats.

Volcarona had a winning MU and was a really good call, Inteleon was threatening but I was never rly in danger since I could always setup Volcarona to win on the spot if needed and I played really safely (maybe too much as I was helped by MZ staying with Inteleon on Tink's TWave and letting Slither Wing die when it could still make progress), but I was really happy to win with this and it's probably the coolest team I've made (even though Siamato called it trash)

The other team I had (featuring a similar concept but with even less answers to the threats I couldn't handle) but it was OMPL and not OMFL so I didn't bring it.. Isaiah told me Tough Claws was better than Neuroforce on Tink which is true cuz I never realized Ice Hammer was boosted (the idea is to bait Chomp so Mism has a shot, it's not good, don't use it) but it's funny and it actually won games. I'm sad I've never been able to use Protosynthesis +Speed stuff, it's funny

w3 vs stresh - Replay
:arceus-ground: - :gholdengo: - :great tusk: - :iron moth: - :slowbro: - :noivern:
I'm not good enough at MnM to explain this, I tried, I failed, my MU was a complete disaster, I hate complaining about MUs and my prep was certainly not good enough but I tried my best in game to have a chance despite the MU and lost to CM Ground-ceus, ppl made fun of me for losing my Ghold like that but I needed to make absurdly risky plays to even have a chance

w4 vs Ivar57 - Replay
:inteleon: - :zapdos-galar: - :kingambit: - :corviknight: - :goodra hisui: - :sandaconda:

Ivar is a really interesting opponent as I know I'll never be 6-0'd by a random threat because he usually builds classic teams, and therefore I'm often confident in winning long-term games because I don't rate his playing skill as high as shiloh or atha (in theory lol), even though he's really good and his ability to have strong builds meant unlike my first two wins I probably won't be able to have a mon that was just winning and it was def my first true test in the tour (outside of stresh obviously) since I faced shiloh for the first week and he was discovering the meta. My first idea was to bring imprison trap Mew as when I was using my Decidueye team back in the time he was struggling against it, but I discovered that Imprison couldn't work against Dark-types and although I was unsure Ivar would know it I decided that it was too restrictive (Fire Spin as a trap move instead of Infestation sucks too) and changed my mind, so I brought a classic core of Special Breaker pivoting on the RegenVest and broken Physical breaker. I don't remember exactly why I chose Inteleon, maybe bc Goodra-H wasn't that popular at the time. Zapdos-Galar + Kingambit was there to break through Corviknight, Tinted was there to surprise Quaquaval which Ivar used a lot pre-home, and the rest of the team is classic with a weird Sandaconda as my Ground-type which is both bad and cool. Looking back it probably wasn't a really good pick because it's just too passive, but I kinda wanted/needed Glare to have some sort of Speed control and I also really like to bring fun stuff in my games, but Palossand there or something like that was probably better.
This team also insta loses to HO, which Ivar brought the week prior and lost with it so I figure out he wouldn't try it again (but he did W5 lol), but it obviously folded to Ursaluna and stuff like that.

Against all odds I did manage to once again have a mon that had no checks in the form of Inteleon, so maybe I'm just really lucky or super good in my preps. However I didn't play it super well and while I made some great plays near the end to bring it on the field, I lost literally all the 50/50 in the game (with Sandaconda, clicking Glare two times into H-Electrode and then all the VS / Chloroblast plays from H-Electrode) which made me lose the game, as well as the scarf Chomp that I figured out only at the end and I should've thought of it earlier. Interesting game though despite not being my best, it also meant Ivar defeated Atha and me and was the french slayer :(

w5 vs tier - Replay
:zamazenta-crowned: - :scream tail: - :goodra hisui: - :corviknight: - :landorus: - :ursaluna:

This team was also not super interesting (as it's said in the title) and it's not super good as it doesn't have reliable breakers and bad hazard pressure but I had less time this week and tier wasn't the opponent I feared the most. I saw in their last game that they got owned by Zam-C and Goodra-H against TNM and since SSSS lacked support at this time I kinda stole the core, used STail / Corv cuz I'm boring (Corv being Fluffy with Zama being a check to Pao and Meow alongside with Wish support), WBB Lando to cover my weaknesses, and SD Triage Ursaluna as a set that they might under prep for and who was surprisingly efficient since it lives way longer than BD sets and can surprise with the priority. Even today I don't really know which moves I want to use on that Luna, Facade is really funny to bait some burn/toxic alongside with Scream Tail Wish but is not really reliable, Crunch means you can luck through usual walls like Cresselia / Scream Tail and you can hit EE Dirge (which is the fakest Ursaluna check ever btw, everyone said it was a check but no one used it), but Heavy Slam might have been better here with Scream Tail popularity. This team is outdated anyway and not the best so I will stop the explanations here.

I once again got a good MU but I obviously had HO in mind since it's a common pick when you're facing a supposedly better/more experienced player, got a lucky freeze against Corviknight early but I don't think it mattered that much (it obviously killed the game early, but Triage Luna + Unaware Scream Tail + Zamazenta was just so good that it was almost unwinnable for Tier I think) and the Zamazenta being slower than mine for no reason meant I won a bit too easily.

w5 MZ vs hariyana grande - Replay
:roaring moon: - :iron treads: - :heatran: - :scream tail: - :corviknight: - :inteleon:

As you can figure out in the replay I wasn't playing this game, but aftet MZ's rough start in 0-3 ponchlake asked me to help their AAA slot since their support cancered and since he was my friend I obviously agreed and helped for the last 4 weeks, but I'm posting this team bc I basically made it (while for the other weeks I was giving advices etc but not building the whole team) and ponchlake / MZ made some minor changes (so this is not the team that was brought but my version), so I kinda defeated hariyana grande twice hehe. The team has holes but is probably one of the easier to use as everything is straight forward with 2 main ideas : Regen Scream Tail is hard to use because you always want a RegenVest, and this team is in fact weak to Special attackers, but it can also soft check a shit ton of thing, and Treads/Tran/RMoon is probably the best core to consistently make progress, since Treads can Knock Corviknight, Heatran can put Rocks against it, and RMoon can then come and spam Crunch / Fire Fang and might get some drops. Scarf Inteleon is also another of my recurrent building trends, having a random scarf on something that is usually not to trade power for speed (and it's actually really usefum on stuff like Inteleon that will anyway OHKO everything that isn't a check but be hard walled by RegenVest / some DesoLand users so the diff in power isnt that dramatic) and it can bait things.

The game kinda went as planned, no intim Corv meant Fluffy Lando wasn't a reliable switch-in and Scarf Inteleon cleaned the game, but I'm taking half of the merit of this win :p

w6 vs The Number Man - Replay
:garchomp: - :iron treads: - :corviknight: - :moltres: - :diancie: - :regieleki:

At this point TNM was kinda seen as the best AAA player of the tour (despite his loss against the worst player of the tour) and facing him was a bit like against Ivar, strong player with a preferred playstyle that is unlikely to 6-0 me but that I can outplay in longer games. However I knew TNM liked to bring odds mons (more than Ivar at least) and I struggled a bit to find a team I liked. I wanted to build around Mold Breaker Garchomp as it's one of the most reliable breakers in the long term and TNM liked fat structures. At first I wanted to use it with Wish and Heal Bell support in an ugly team but it didn't feel right, I also tried to build around Specs Hoopa (which is a beast but slow as hell) but same, I didn't really like it. I was also out with my class and then got drunk 3 days in the week so it was Sunday and I had two teams but none of them seemed good enough. However, on Sunday morning, I had an epiphany and thought : what if I bring DIANCIE ? I immediately figured out the rest of the team, Diancie + Moltres actually checks a LOT of things together, paired with the classic double Steel core of Corviknight and EE Treads, Regieleki was a neat pick that I never use but could be really annoying, and I kept my Chomp since I believed it was a good pick against TNM. I really thought I was a genius, and even though something else over Chomp might have been better bc tbh I'm not sure it's that great (unless you're hard prepping for stall/fat), it felt really good and Diancie did an insane work (I also wanted and tried to not use Goodra-H too much to not be predictable) against many mons, so I went for it. However in the rush of the prep since all of this happened on Sunday, I completely forgot about one mon TNM liked and used a lot : Electrode-Hisui. This thing basically destroys me, and it was a dumb risk to take against TNM tbh.

Fortunately TNM didn't bring it and his team this week didn't feel really good, Chomp was completely useless (although without his weird Ceruledge it would've been better), Regieleki, Moltres, and Diancie were really good so I'm happy those weird picks worked well, and even though I like this team it was a clear mistake to be so weak against Electrode-H (even though I brought Goodra-H twice priors)

w7 vs atha - Replay
:muk-alola: - :corviknight: - :garchomp: - :quaquaval: - :hydreigon: - :enamorus-therian:

How can I explain this. Hmmm. Well, Atha helped me since the beginning of the tour (well we both helped each other and shared opinions etc) and he's definitely the person who knows my building the best (and also trashs it all the time) and I thought he would try to save his season against me, both for his personal record and for his honour (can't lose against Osake y'know) so I was worried. Even though Fluttermanias were cancering, I thought Atha would be the only one that care bc I was his opponent (idk if he didn't / wanted to bring something funny / thought it was good against me though), so I tried to exploit Atha's weaknesses since I obviously knew them too, particularly the fact that he hates using Scream Tail and often uses offensive builds. My first team had MGLO Mew with Fire Spin and Steel Beam bc I knew he hates to switch-on Mew but it was too slow for his playstyle and it was too hard to trap Scream Tail with it anyway, so I just went with Enamorus-T which is really annoying if there's no Scream Tail and setup Corviknight which is a really bad set but I knew it would work against Atha. Scarf Hydreigon was something I never used and that could be really effective against Atha's offensive teams, Muk + Intim Quaqua soft checks pretty much everything and DesoLand Chomp is a good hazard setter. The team is not good overall, but was made with Atha in mind, and it's funny to use. EVs on Corviknight are supposed to give a shot in a 1v1 vs Scream Tail with Power Trip when you're fully boosted and double poison move on Muk-A was to beat all the enam sets (hopefully)

MU was really good, Hydreigon claimed a kill T1 and Corv was just winning, even though I got baited a bit by atha's changes on his teams (and spent 3 minutes at preview to find the team for nothing sobsob), and atha was humiliated for his last OMPL game..

semis vs hariyana grande - Replay
:decidueye: - :garchomp: - :blissey: - :corviknight: - :scream tail: - :iron moth:

However Atha is a good guy and despite his record he helped me for the semis, especially since I had almost no time this week (was travelling from Wednesday to Friday and was busy all day on Saturday) so I needed to build on the first two days. Atha came up with this build on Monday as we agreed that fat/semi-stall owns Virizzions' teams and I didn't have much time to try something else anyway. Atha also pm'd Isaiah to have his opinion since he's the official stall expert, and Isaiah was also helping Virizzions' so he left their channel and he shared with me a set that he wanted to use against me (bc he knew fat was an obvious pick at this point of the tour, and it was a bit obvious tbh) and it would've won on the spot so.. thanks atha for that I guess lol ? the set is Mismagius Normalize which he shared in an HO team 2 weeks ago. Anyway the team uses Decidueye Fluffy as an anti-spin (which I already used in the past) with stack hazards and no removal (and almost mono boots), Decidueye and Chomp weakens Corviknight and I win long term, with the other idea that Decidueye is often able to Knock two mons in a team since Corv doesn't want to take too much Spites, so it's usually the Regen slot aka the RegenVest, and if it happens Moth is way more threatening (I also didn't use Moth since W1 so it was a good pick). The team is super weak to Fire-types overall, in particular Ceruledge, and probably other things and I don't like it a lot, but once again it was the call and if I had a bad MU well I would just outplay (hopefully).

The MU looked really good at preview, however Heatran being MGLO and not Earth Eater as I thought (which meant the team had only 1 ground resist/immunity which is uncommon) made it way harder as it was a Fire-type that could break through Chomp. The MU wa really good outside of that though and Decidueye managed to Knock Roaring Moon, and then I got a good read with Iron Moth and it snowball'd through hariyana's team although I sacked Chomp at the end for no reason but Blissey managed to put Heatran in range of Iron Moth.

finals vs pichus - Replay
:goodra-hisui: - :zapdos: - :iron treads: - :cinderace: - :quaquaval: - :toxapex:
I'm posting this right after we were eliminated so I'm still pretty angry and my comment isn't objective at all maybe I'll edit and make something cleaner later but I just went to get rid of this post but yeah I wanted to use Tinted Cinderace to kill basically everything that is not named Unaware, with LO to kill Garchomp and offensive Zapdos and stuff and I paired it with Toxapex which as a mon I never use and that could set up Toxic Spikes to weaken Scream Tail while being a surprise, rest of the team is classic with Fluffy Zapdos to take Pao's Crunch even though it takes way too much and Slither Wing CC and stuff as well as checking Quaquaval which is a pain for that team and yeah boring goodra-h treads core with quaqua to help the Pao MU and spin and stuff

I think I had a really good match-up, Cinderace had no answers but I refused to use it cuz I thought I would be fine with the rest of the team which would've been true if I didn't make a lot of mistakes and finished to lose to Chien-Pao because without being bad my MU against it needs all my mons to be full since I can't Intimidate it or anything and I forgot that, lost a couple of 50/50 and made too many mistakes and lost which also made lose our team, sorry for ending our season with terrible plays

As I mentionned at the beginning I've never been satisfied with my teams and I don't think my record reflects anything, I've just been very lucky on my MUs and my loss in finals just shows that I'm nowhere near the level of the others 6-3, but as a whole I didn't enjoy that much AAA during the tour (I enjoyed it way more 2 years ago when I did my 2-6, records are just good for the ego but the pleasure is completely different) and I might take a break of it, I will see, I feel like the tier is often revolved around hoping to get the right MUs and I often did during this tour but I knew my teams always had flaws and it's annoying to play like this (when I mean flaws I mean straight losing to something if the opponent plays good, I love having tools to outplay a hard MU like Pao with my finals' team) and Atha mentionned (even though he sucks) that you're often fishing for not having a particular mon on the opposite team (i.e. not having quaqua when you use pex or garg and stuff like that) which I feel is really hard to build around. Anyway I'll make a longer post in the AAA chan with other teams and idea I had and complete thoughts on the meta when I have time and when I won't be mad anymore

quick shoutouts to my team, I do not think we deserved to make that far and I know we've been very lucky for that but you guys still made it possible, special s/o for my managers Dragonillis and Palapapop I was not super happy to be with you because I'm always with Drago in team tours and I want to try other experiences of managing (not Redflix though this man's a bitch) but you're my friends and it was cool as always, sorry if I've been too negative on our team pala I'm somewhat of an Archeops sometimes (s/o Siamato for that joke) and ojr for being a really cool and strong teammate, it was always nice to talk with you in PMs and I'm actually super impressed with your creativity in the builder and your plays and one of the players I respect the most, sorry that the finals had to end that way though :(

don't really want to do heavy shoutouts but thanks Redflix Siamato Atha hayedenn Lyna ponchlake SFG TheCoastsOfToast and everyone I forgot for being good friends, there to test, insult me, anything, and my fellow AAA testers LordBox Isaiah Career Ended Ivar57 The Number Man

last shoutouts for SSSSS, well played for winning, pichus Icemaster tier you're really cool and good persons I appreciated having you as opponents (directly or not) and I'm glad I got to know you during this tour !

Goodbye everyone :heart:

give a Like on this post for Gman <3

Last edited:

clean

is a Tiering Contributor
OMPL Champion
So it's over. Going into this tour I had never touched NFE before in any gen. I also did not realize I was going to be starting this tier for week 1 more than a day before the thread went up. Overall I would say the metagame is somewhat enjoyable, although it really wore on me by the time the tour reached it's conclusion.

A few notes:

- ban qwilfish. it basically guarantees 1.5 kills a game if you don't throw it out for no reason.
- dunsparce should probably be suspected or given a closer look. i find it unreasonable to prep for both sets (cm and physical serene grace bs) and is just a huge strain on the builder
- tink vs tink interactions are insanely stupid. you prob don't need one on every team like i did
- specs frog > scarf
- mareanie is good again. use him.

Don't think I'll come back to this meta any time soon - so i'll drop all the teams I built for this tour. Hopefully others can get more use out of them than myself. cheers.

W1: https://pokepast.es/6775b6674f004a11
W2: https://pokepast.es/a7694aaa21beb098
W3: https://pokepast.es/9777bc805e621edf
W4: https://pokepast.es/0c8956295fd79516
W5: https://pokepast.es/caf03b2ddbf64401
W6: (Shing team)
W7: https://pokepast.es/705b4207033befa7
Semis: https://pokepast.es/de679f72213e0e16
Finals: https://pokepast.es/90ec309035643581

Some unused teams I built for finals:
- https://pokepast.es/8057f44201713e72
- https://pokepast.es/e16669e2565310ae
- https://pokepast.es/4370f979210a1b79

Hello all,
Mixed emotions after losing in finals again just like last year but ill mostly talk about myself in this post.
This is my third OMPL and my most succesfull one so far. 2 years ago I went 1-4, last year 4-4 and this year 6-3. What did I learn from experiencing this tour three times?
NFE is honestly very simple, building a good imo is not hard. Usually there are only around 20 viable mons, 30 maybe if you are lenient. It is always a very centralised meta for me so far, which I think makes it very accessible for non mainers.
Speaking of mainers, NFE is absolutely dead. This tier has been killed completely after nuking the NFE room on ps. Im not saying we should revert to this but I unironically think MagmarFan of all people has made good points about how dead NFE is. I think this should be one of the bigger concerns for the tier and for NFE's inclusion in OMPL, which I am surprised of that it is not in jeopardy (yet).
That being said, back to actual pokemon. What made me get a better record every year? Part of it could be just tournament experience and becoming more seasoned at the game. But I personally think more refined creativity every year plays a big role. In a metagame as centralised as NFE it is very easy to keep it simple and standard but going more creative has had big pay-off for me personally especially this year. I say this because I do not think I played that well at all this year looking back.
Week 1 I win pretty much on matchup; with creative dragmag. Week 2 I try to be more anti-fat because thats what about tuthur, I bring the only Quilladin of the season and one of two Dewott's. A very standard team nonetheless and more player specific. This results in a loss. Week 3 I go bog standard and lose (albeit bad luck). Week 4 then my creavity is definitely good with growlithe-h, unfortunately it didnt do much in the matchup. In this game I think I have amazing matchup though with drakloak which feels like another builder win. Week 5 I bring a standard ass team again with the only creative part being a cool dunsparce spread, which kinda wins me the game even though its a luckfest of CM Dunsparce mirror (I was slightly favored though due to more roost PP). Then my most creative team was the week 6 Floette Mankey team, both are very goof mons imo but it doesnt show because I play like a dumbfuck (due to irl circumstances). This game I win on luck purely and is again a skill-less win from me. Week 7 I get a literal act win lol. In semis I have a creative Scarf Qwil which puts in big work, I do not think my opponent can be blamed skill wise with this lure. I even "throw" the endgame and get p lucky. Showing again this win was not even that good. In finals I get creative with Shellos for role compression but this game was poorly played (partly due to bad irl conditions).
This shows imo that this 6-3 was lowkey fraudulent and its perfectly in line with our teams season where we overperformed a lot on luck.
For me I dont think there will be me playing again in OMPL. I think I can only downhill from here so ill end on a positive season.
Metagame stuff:
Tinka is obnoxious.
Fire types are really good offensively, try out specs braixen.
Fraxure is obnoxious but not as consistent.
Toedscool is underrated and allows for more offensive compositions.
Dunsparce is fucked up. Makes Mankey more viable tho :).
Eelektrik is still p bad imo, only good with Raboot which is the only real mon that u want the slowturn for really.
Try DD rest pupitar, its actually good lol. Nice tinka punish.
Ban qwil lol.
Teams im able to retrieve:
https://pokepast.es/0679dd75a5af0f59 original w1 plan, dragmag was actually p late of a change.
https://pokepast.es/3ceb9b263722de02
https://pokepast.es/cd475b10d6abaa04
https://pokepast.es/876ef9bc04a45481
https://pokepast.es/ff13dae70f12aced
https://pokepast.es/06361242d04092dc
https://pokepast.es/189308150e0ea216
I never decided on a team w7 cuz this game not happening was p inevitable.
https://pokepast.es/65c16b1ad1685a26
https://pokepast.es/316931c5d98d4efa
https://pokepast.es/fa626b21d39b9828
https://pokepast.es/6853a9a9f6daa66d sucker over taunt on raboot
https://pokepast.es/6f3ed614c9ecbfe7 was not comfortable with HO so didnt bring this in finals
https://pokepast.es/f5b3cb64a3e9bba6

This is all I have to say for now maybe ill edit the wall of text ramble at some point.

Icemaster

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RBTT Champion
We started off not really taking the tournament seriously as you can probably see in our draft, drafting AG players who haven't touched any OMs before with the intent to meme around and just have fun. To our surprise this actually worked and come playoffs we tried our best to win and thankfully it paid off. I really enjoyed this tournament so I'm making a huge post here lol

I'm not that familiar with Mix and Mega, or OMs in general, I just signed up because it was the only singles 6v6 format that I knew of that didn't have Tera, and OMPL was conveniently placed right after my exams. MNM is pretty enjoyable though, especially post home, so it was a good move.

Teams
https://pokepast.es/997ee1933a3050d3 - Week 1. (L) I was matched against Xavier Great Britain, and I still didn't understand or have much MNM experience despite what a certain power ranking might make you believe. This team is not so bad, but Scream Tail is terrible.
https://pokepast.es/fe758b4e86683100 - Week 2. (W) This team is a lot better, but garganacl weak.
https://pokepast.es/555e117708992895 - Week 3. (W) Home came out this week and the meta was far more enjoyable. Gholdengo was still broken though. Eternatus is a super fun mon and honestly balances the tier well. Galarian Zapdos and the espeeders are too OP now. Bring Eternatus back. Iirc I didn't actually play this game, we got double subbed out and pichus played instead, but she played really well anyway.
https://pokepast.es/6d02d5312a3c7eb9 -Week 4. (L) I got in my own head here tbh. I was super paranoid about urshifu, and galarian zapdos. I loaded into Diancite Hoopa Unbound and got absolutely smashed by QT. This week and my prep honestly was a wakeup call - I was completely wrong about the state of MNM and needed to completely rethink my teams and my strategy. Slow bulky teams like this are not what win in MNM, faster teams which gain the momentum and spin off hazards are the best for sure.
https://pokepast.es/34b64bbfe82a48a1 - Week 5. (W) During this week, I had a long reflection about my life and MNM, and realised that I'm playing it wrong, I need a more offensive team which pivots into threats well. After much reflection, I decided to become worse. I think this team is effective though it has some notable defensive weaknesses.
https://pokepast.es/de03281c84aad4df - Week 6. (L). This team is good, but the arceus ghost set is not amazing. I loaded up into enemy EKiller which was not good. I might have got flare blitz burned but honestly the loss was on me. Career Ended played more aggressively and was able to press his advantage and I could not. Looking back, I probably should have used Hoopa U for a Zapdos G speedtie - if I won the speedtie I probably won the game.
https://pokepast.es/65e56b009146a55e - Week 7 (W). This is NOT my team. I wasn't feeling too good about my MNM ability and was very busy during this week, so I just stole one of QT's teams from his replays, sorry about that LOL. It worked well though, I can vouch for this team, it's updated version is a sample, so check it out.
https://pokepast.es/9be7aac8cce2aa75 - Semifinals (W). I was really happy with this team. I think it's defensively sound, has good wincons, and I loaded an excellent MU into Career Ended's HO, with TSpikes basically ripping his team apart.
https://pokepast.es/821b54ce418b7768 - Finals (W). I was also really happy with this team, it's defensively very sound, abuses a lot of the best mons and was very good into Clas scout, and indeed had a great MU in game.

https://pokepast.es/23908e43b8d1a5fc - Semifinals Tiebreaker, BH, (L). I insisted that I played in tiebreakers I had lots of time that week to learn BH and was confident I could win. Sadly I didn't but I think this team is really nice, and honestly it was brilliant prep into Quojova. I just played bad and let my team and helpers down, with the Boomburst stay in with Groudon. Otherwise, I think I would have just won. Thanks a lot to Maybca☆〜ゝ。, Palapapop placuszek for helping me build this team and doing SO MANY test games. Also thanks Tea Guzzler for doing approximately 12398312 games with me as practice and for some tips. Regieleki was great.

Shoutouts
This tournament was unironically the most fun tournament I've been a part of in years, thanks to many people:
BlackKnight_Gawain Part you guys were the most goated helpers ever, super active in the team discord and funny, and also put in insane work into our 2v2 prep. You guys were basically on the team with how much you helped us and wanted to win with us. I'm convinced you guys are geniuses at this tier.

Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂ You're literally the goat, the amount you helped us in playoffs across all slots was truly ridiculous. It felt like at times you wanted us to win even more than we wanted to. Thanks to your help I was even able to learn BH within a few days and put up a relatively close match, although sadly I disappointed you. Keep managing tournaments, you're great at it.

Dr. Phd. BJ I know you don't play mons much and probably won't be in many tours after this one, but I hope I'm wrong about that. Genuinely one of the strongest players I've ever teamed with and I hope you branch out to other tiers more. You literally just understand.

Guard Considering how difficult AG is to play you did super well. Thanks for saving our ass in the tiebreaker lmao, we will be teaming again in future tournaments, hopefully in Ubers, I'm sure of it and look forward to it. please stop schizoing as Seldanna.

Fc PLEASE PREP AT LEAST 1 HOUR BEFORE YOUR GAME. thanks for clutching it up in tiebreaker, your game vs fissure was ridiculously tense and probably the highlight of the tournament. Just like bj, you literally just understand. Your BH build worked amazingly well in finals

Fragments dude when our 2v2 slot actually started winning in this tour it was an enormous sigh of relief given our past experiences. But then you kept winning and winning, you're literally goated. Get that last win king. Hope to team up again in future tournaments, although I can make no promises for TPP

PociekMociek You probably didn't get to play as much as you'd have liked but you were unbelievably active in prep and testing across all tiers. Enormous contribution. It's also funny as fuck how you went full monkey literally 2 seconds into joining the team server.

clean Nicholas clean cuts clean nuts. I'm ngl NFE seems so fucked with 20% Freeze Dunsparce, that shit is literally RBY Mewtwo LOL. Regardless you did nicely and clutched it up in finals and always prepped hard. Now to win AGPL

DugZa We're 2/2 for tournaments we teamed up and won for. Sadly you didn't get to play much this time since Fchimp was hogging the STAB slot, but nicely done in your STAB game regardless.

pdt BH is so painful thanks for putting yourself through that every week lmao. It's not the easiest thing to build, which seems to be what really matters for this tier. Thankfully you clutched up the finals win although I probably should have let you play in the tiebreaker. I'm sure we'll be teaming again in the future and I look forward to it. sneak right sneak sneak right sneak right right

pichus Nah dude I'm convinced you're actually just cracked at OMs for some reason. You started as our emergency MNM sub, but then took over the AAA slot and got ridiculously clutch playoff wins which we would've lost the tournament without no doubt. Keep playing, you are close to going Super Saiyan

tier Bro you have no filter LOL. Biggest schizo on the website. I know you don't feel too good about your record but it's fine bro we all know you're the goat at building and at making the most unexplainable plays that just work. Your game vs Ivar was definitely one of the highlights off the season :innocent:

baconeatinassassin Another one of our fallback subs, but unlike pichus you didn't actually end up playing, which is fine, I know you were busy and our lineup did nicely anyway. You were helpful in tests and building in Godly Gift. You will lose AGPL 8-0.

spellcaster thank you for contributing despite not being a starter. I know you don't play these tiers but you were great to have in the chat and chipped in here and there, glad our worries about your attitude were wrong.

Will don't expect this to happen again LOL

The Number Man Tranquility Redflix Farce Of The Death thanks for joining and helping us in playoffs. You guys shared some great knowledge and helped a lot

Nevelle lotiasite Phantomistix aerobee aesf xavgb Micciu @Mowatia @Retsameci Andyboy Leru umbry thanks for being around as chat presences, and helping out here and there. You guys are funny. Skarph come back bruh is everything ok

Osake Dragonillis and other Wiggly Family members. You guys are great players and more importantly super nice guys. This finals was way closer than the week score implies, hope to see you around in future tours. Special thank you to Palapapop, you put in so much to help me learn BH in the semifinals tiebreaker week, I felt so bad to let you and Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂ down there LOL

@Terrible Tyrants ridiculously close TB, most tense moments of OMPL for sure. Well played.

SpaceSpeakers ponchlake hayedenn BoingK you guys are funny in the OM discord

OM Community for being mostly very nice and welcoming

Thanks for reading

Last edited:

hayedenn

forgotten me already?
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Osake messaged me and asked me to post this for him because he's LAZY. These eulogies were written by him with a couple edits for grammar.

The last eulogies for OMPL XI....

W Virizzions
The #5th team to be eliminated, the W Virizzions not only had a cringe name AN: the name was wonderful but also had a cringe manager in hayedenn who has a lot of experience in OMs overall but was less involved in SV OMs until now and was also known to struggle in teamtours as they're prone to choking while being an excellent builder in many OMs AN: Aww thanks babe, so the manager role was the perfect fit AN: Nvm. Greybaum was hayedenn's sidekick, providing a lot of experience and NFE knowledge but he was too less active before OMPL so there were some questions about this pair of managers, which would've been broken in SS but was more questionable in SV. None of them self-buyed which was a logical choice, and they chose as a first pick xavgb for 1/5 the price of the draft which was huge amount although it was a likely guarantee he would go 5-2 at worse in the regular season as stresh at 30% was still far better than the dire MnM pool this year, with only QT and possibly Icemaster being able to beat him. 22K on him was still a huge expense and forced them to pick a lot of 3-5K players which was the drawback of picking stresh. They continued their draft with cityscapes for 15K which was in the same spirit than their managers: absolutely busted in SS, more risky in SV, but it was hard to see her fail too hard considering her last year's performance. AN: FWIW the BH pool was also incredibly strong with Quo (who was a similar price) + Tea + TTTech_ so there was some risk there too. Then they procedeed to pick the worst STAB player ever with pannuracotta who once again had an impressive showing last year and was the guarantee of a good in-game in a dire STAB pool and.. that was it. With 50K spent on 3 players, the W Virizzions were now poor and had to deal with it. They took LordBox + Tranquility as AAA underdogs who were fine builders with little experience, Lordbox new to the scene and Tranquility playing a little bit in OMFL last year. Stareal was a surprising st(ar)eal in NFE for 8K which is actually crazy (idk how managers let that happen tbh) AN: you were literally a manager???, Taka for 4.5K which seemed like a steal for me, even though I know little about AG I heard Taka was good AN: idk who he was either, pannu told me to pick them xoxo, and then a bunch of underdogs / tour players that could help in the tiers that weren't covered with tyo + Vrji in 2v2 AN: Everyone in 2v2 knew these two were cracked the managers are just god awful at drafting this tier, and Sylvi (requested by pannu in their signup post) / hariyana grande / the return of luisin in hayedenn's team / SparksBlade / gum for GG and help in other tiers. This draft was seen as quite strong with a lot of good pilots and really solid slots in stresh / city / pannu / Stareal but the rest of the team was a bit of an ? and it was unsure who would be the starters in AAA and GG and 2v2 (with two solid starters there), but it was definitely playoffs material, even though it would depend on how much managers would be able to invest themselves but hayedenn is a fucking tryharder in teamtours so as long as they don't burn out everything's fine.

Virizzions surprised a bit by starting hariyana grande in AAA over luisin and LordBox, but it paid off, although their early season was a flop as they lost twice against Solgaleos and Dubwools (although those were scary teams) with AG and GG going winless and nobody being able to start with a 2-0. However they steamrolled everyone after that, destroying the Wigglies W3 and tying only once after that. It really showed off hayedenn and Greybaum's managing skills as they got three 3K picks as starters and positive (with Sylvi becoming a starter later over gum but still) while still having their strong slots performing well, with only pannu getting a rough season (and gum in GG too but pannu was expected to perform better), notably hariyana grande perfoming in what was considered one the hardest pool (with BH prob) and Sylvi brilliantly getting a 4-1 despite being a late-season sub. This was probably the most scary team since hayedenn is an in-built tryharder and the amount of line in their AAA channel was scary, and they seemed to have found their rhythm with Sylvi over gum and Stresh/city/tyo having strong seasons late. Play-offs didn't go as planned though as some of the even pairings in 2v2, AAA, and NFE went in favored of the Wigglies (with some luck involved) and then stresh once again got upset in a clutch semis game with, once again, luck in favored of the Wigglies that killed the Virizzions.

Not the cleanest way to go out and I wish we had a better serie, but this team surely proved that 3K picks could do an amazing job in the right environment and gratz on grey and hayedenn to make it work, you guys are busted managers

AN: thanks babe xoxo

The Terrible Tyrants
Terrible Tyrants' were managed by a very interesting pair of managers with half of the winning OMPL X managing pair in drampa's grandpa and a new face in kenn. This pair had an obvious disadvantage as none of them are known to be strong players and kenn was inexperienced, but drampa and OM proved that it was completely possible to win even without being "good" players but instead good managers, and their draft was considered in the top half by players and PRs with some very solid picks. I don't know the auctions order since there are no logs so I'll just comment in w/e the order of my mind. Their strongest slot was obviously Quojova, BH Co-TL who already had a strong performance last year and was seen as the best BH player in the pool. It was their only pick over 11K though, which is usually a sign of managers self buys, and you could be afraid of lack of "star players" such as what hit the Geezers but it was only because drampa and kenn chose to draft "dangerous picks" in shiloh and Fissure in AAA and STAB respectively, who are both good players in their own rights but that were seen as risky picks. shiloh was known to be one of if not the best AAA clicker of the pool with some of the strongest in-game play, but also a player who required support which was a bit hard to find and that could lead to expensive picks with shiloh always going over 10K simply for his ingame skills. On the other side, Fissure was known to build original teams who could work very well or just flop and in a dubious STAB pool it could be a very risky pick, but which STAB player wasn't ? They completed their draft with the highest price for a 2v2 player in the pool, yuki, who was seen as a guaranteed even record and prob in the top 2 of the 2v2 players AN: yes although yuki is also a pretty streaky player and for someone who doesn't main SV, they were risky simply because they are an iffy builder at times and are susceptible to periods of bad play, and got lepton for NFE for 9.5K which was a big "if" esp for a NFE player when NFE pool is known to be one of the toughest every year. It was another risky pick as lepton usually doesn't perform well in team tours and sometimes makes questionnable plays, but she just beat QT in the Slam and many thought this year would be lepton's year in NFE, although 9.5K was probably a bit of an overpay. They procedeed to draft Career Ended for 7K who was a quality starter with knowledge in various metas although there were doubts about their experience in SV (esp since they flopped last year) but you could play them anywhere. They also drafted Instruct + Blinkboy in GG for 8.5K which was a reasonable price considering blinkboy just made Slam's Finals and Instruct is an old GG player now, although both had little experience in OMPL and probably didn't have the most solid ingame which is probably the most important part in GG AN: The GG pool was also more stacked than not, and neither is an amazing player. Considering the quality of other starters like ponch/Lily/BJ it was a risky bet. Inder for 8K was a good AG pick that was expected to get 3 or 4 wins, and they completed their draft with tlenit as a good overall clicker who could sub in GG or NFE and 7 (!) 3K picks as subs/supports which, while probably giving a lot of little support in every tier as having someone to talk with is always valuable, it severly hindered their ability to have good subs since most of the subs weren't known in OMPL : seroo (who I don't even know which play they play lol), tzaur, Lasen (who is usually a meme-pick), and SpaceSpeakers, Shaneghoul, and TectonicDestroyer as more experienced subs (although tect's experience is debatable..).

Their draft had a lot of risks and was seen as a good draft if all the players performed the way they were supposed to (Fissure, yuki, shiloh with doubtful support) while not being hindered by weak MnM and GG slots, but the amount of subs that could guarantee support but also activity and drampa's skills in managing (and kenn's help without a doubt, but drampa was known to be a good manager) put this draft in the top 4, although the draft itself would've been way more scary with managers that could provide help in AAA/MnM with obviously the major drawback of managers not rly being able to help (to my knowledge though).

Almost everything went right for the Tyrants and when it didn't, their subs were able to do an insane job. They managed to not lose any week with their main Line-up, only trolling last week to make everyone but seroo play (rip) and were very dominant throughout the season. Quojova performed very well as expected, started the season with a fire 4-1 and lost twice when Tyrants were almost guaranteed to qualify anyway (and once in AG lol), with weird loss to Leru and pdt though. Career Ended ended up (haha funny) with a solid record of 4-1 in MnM after strangely not starting W1 AN: and not vs stresh either?? most questionable managerial move of the year, but they also carried the AAA slot with unexpected AAA teams that carried shiloh through a 4-3 records, and Career apparently also helped in GG and prob in other tiers. Fissure did fine after a 0-2 start but smoked the competition post-home while yuki got an even record. They managed to have 9 players in positive, with impressived performances by Lasen in AG and Shaneghoul in NFE to compensate Inder's.. I don't know if he did a Staxi, was seen as not good enough (despite a good 2-1 record), had a beef with managers or something, but w/e happened Lasen performed brilliantly AN: he got benched cus he missed his game and managers were mad abt it, while Shaneghoul got an impressive 3-1 record after lepton's failure (but prob too advantage of lepton's help and support). The only player that really flopped was Instruct, but they played 3 games in the last 3 weeks when Tyrants were already in a good spot/guaranteed to qualify so it didn't have any impact on their performance. They qualified strongly for the POs and would've probbly finished first if they didn't let their subs play the last week, and it was definitely a scary team with 5 top players that were hard to beat and strong subs that could fill the holes and clutch when needed.Then came play-offs where they faced the SSSSS which they had bodied on W6, but 3 of their dominant players lost (although Shaneghoul and Lasen were clutch) which led to a tiebreak and well, what happens in a tiebreak is a bit ouf of control and they lost.

AN: Thanks Osake for making me do your job for you xoxo and congrats to solgs

tier

PUPL Champion
what’s good OMs.
Let’s begin with shouting out the two goats, the best players on the team, pivotal to our success Will tier big 0-0 and 1-5 :psysly:

Fc shout out you boss man. You’re the goat at mons, there is yet to be a tour with you that hasn’t been fun and that you haven’t farmed. Hopefully there are more tour wins in our future

Icemaster you’re gross. I would like to leave it there but unfortunately I will have to show respect to my goat. Somehow you never lose and thrash everyone, me included. Playing two games of MnM prep vs you made me realize this shit is ugly LMAO, it was an honor to get this W in what I think is our first tour together, btw use a spoiler next time for ur text wall ugly

pichus ngl you might be the single best player to touch this game. Thank you a ton for picking up my slack and destroying in AAA. We are 2/2 in tours now!!! I hope I get to see you play more

@ Jason you know who you are. Your teams are ugly af but you clutched our ssn and are saucey w it. I know we got some more wins in our future so I’ll save this for the next tours

pdt wsgking. Yeah Im ngl every single OM format might be hot dogshit but BH most of all, you’re telling me we are flipping the dice on whether you insta lose to X mon every game that’s NUTS. How you kept your sanity and got ur Ws is beyond me, I strive to be this clean w it

clean heh like the segue (was that word always spelt like that???). I fuck w u a lot, you’re a great player and always fun to talk to, cooking NFE at the start w u was fun but it turns out that tier isn’t nearly as cool as I intially thought. oddly enuff idk what else to say here so we gon leave it at that

DugZa erm.

Fragments while I may hate you for ending my SSOU run, and I may have trolled being on ur CAPPL team. You’re the goat at 2v2 and sauced it up with the rock paper scissors tier. I hope we play more in the future because ur consistent Af and earned this win

Dr. Phd. BJ Hey man. It’s an honor being friends w u, you’re one of the coolest people I’ve come to know on this site. Every tour w u so far has been fun af to shoot the shit and mess around. Ik this might be towards the end of your Pokémon career so all I have to say is I got major respect for you as a player and I hope stuff goes well, whatever you end up doing.I’ll try to remember to respond to word hunt And knockout lmfaoo

baconeatinassassin erm. Goat tho!

spellcaster wsg spellicorio

PociekMociek POOOOOOEIKMOIEEEEEK or whatever the fuck ur name is. Placuzek or w.e. Ngl I thought you were a fraud or smth but ice was like this guy is the greatest to ever do it and Itruly don’t think we would be here right now if not for you. Shout out you king you worked superhard

BlackKnight_Gawain Part there is gon be a dual shout out. You two were the biggest part (heh) of this team and even if you’re not directly on this team you did more than any single player here. I hope we win the 19 tours we share and I hope you guys get rewarded for the work you put into this. P.S. gawain sry for thinking u where a fraud for ur trash BLT takes

To all the friends we had since day 1. Love you guys!! You made this tour fun to play and be a part of.

To all the helpers that joined during play offs, thanks for the help. While I didn’t get to talk to many of u cus I kinda checked out. I hear y’all r the goat especially Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂

If I missed anyone, my b gang I’m forgetful

To the OM people jfc this tiers r ass idk how y’all do it hf w ur future tours tho and be alittle less uptight about whether people know the tier or not, getting support isn’t hard and mons is mons ykno

if I missed anyone it means you where very irrelevant and or I hated your guts :innocent:

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We started off not really taking the tournament seriously as you can probably see in our draft, drafting AG players who haven't touched any OMs before with the intent to meme around and just have fun. To our surprise this actually worked and come playoffs we tried our best to win and thankfully it paid off. I really enjoyed this tournament so I'm making a huge post here lol

I'm not that familiar with Mix and Mega, or OMs in general, I just signed up because it was the only singles 6v6 format that I knew of that didn't have Tera, and OMPL was conveniently placed right after my exams. MNM is pretty enjoyable though, especially post home, so it was a good move.

Teams
https://pokepast.es/997ee1933a3050d3 - Week 1. (L) I was matched against Xavier Great Britain, and I still didn't understand or have much MNM experience despite what a certain power ranking might make you believe. This team is not so bad, but Scream Tail is terrible.
https://pokepast.es/fe758b4e86683100 - Week 2. (W) This team is a lot better, but garganacl weak.
https://pokepast.es/555e117708992895 - Week 3. (W) Home came out this week and the meta was far more enjoyable. Gholdengo was still broken though. Eternatus is a super fun mon and honestly balances the tier well. Galarian Zapdos and the espeeders are too OP now. Bring Eternatus back. Iirc I didn't actually play this game, we got double subbed out and pichus played instead, but she played really well anyway.
https://pokepast.es/6d02d5312a3c7eb9 -Week 4. (L) I got in my own head here tbh. I was super paranoid about urshifu, and galarian zapdos. I loaded into Diancite Hoopa Unbound and got absolutely smashed by QT. This week and my prep honestly was a wakeup call - I was completely wrong about the state of MNM and needed to completely rethink my teams and my strategy. Slow bulky teams like this are not what win in MNM, faster teams which gain the momentum and spin off hazards are the best for sure.
https://pokepast.es/34b64bbfe82a48a1 - Week 5. (W) During this week, I had a long reflection about my life and MNM, and realised that I'm playing it wrong, I need a more offensive team which pivots into threats well. After much reflection, I decided to become worse. I think this team is effective though it has some notable defensive weaknesses.
https://pokepast.es/de03281c84aad4df - Week 6. (L). This team is good, but the arceus ghost set is not amazing. I loaded up into enemy EKiller which was not good. I might have got flare blitz burned but honestly the loss was on me. Career Ended played more aggressively and was able to press his advantage and I could not. Looking back, I probably should have used Hoopa U for a Zapdos G speedtie - if I won the speedtie I probably won the game.
https://pokepast.es/65e56b009146a55e - Week 7 (W). This is NOT my team. I wasn't feeling too good about my MNM ability and was very busy during this week, so I just stole one of QT's teams from his replays, sorry about that LOL. It worked well though, I can vouch for this team, it's updated version is a sample, so check it out.
https://pokepast.es/9be7aac8cce2aa75 - Semifinals (W). I was really happy with this team. I think it's defensively sound, has good wincons, and I loaded an excellent MU into Career Ended's HO, with TSpikes basically ripping his team apart.
https://pokepast.es/821b54ce418b7768 - Finals (W). I was also really happy with this team, it's defensively very sound, abuses a lot of the best mons and was very good into Clas scout, and indeed had a great MU in game.

https://pokepast.es/23908e43b8d1a5fc - Semifinals Tiebreaker, BH, (L). I insisted that I played in tiebreakers I had lots of time that week to learn BH and was confident I could win. Sadly I didn't but I think this team is really nice, and honestly it was brilliant prep into Quojova. I just played bad and let my team and helpers down, with the Boomburst stay in with Groudon. Otherwise, I think I would have just won. Thanks a lot to Maybca☆〜ゝ。, Palapapop placuszek for helping me build this team and doing SO MANY test games. Also thanks Tea Guzzler for doing approximately 12398312 games with me as practice and for some tips. Regieleki was great.

Shoutouts
This tournament was unironically the most fun tournament I've been a part of in years, thanks to many people:
BlackKnight_Gawain Part you guys were the most goated helpers ever, super active in the team discord and funny, and also put in insane work into our 2v2 prep. You guys were basically on the team with how much you helped us and wanted to win with us. I'm convinced you guys are geniuses at this tier.

Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂ You're literally the goat, the amount you helped us in playoffs across all slots was truly ridiculous. It felt like at times you wanted us to win even more than we wanted to. Thanks to your help I was even able to learn BH within a few days and put up a relatively close match, although sadly I disappointed you. Keep managing tournaments, you're great at it.

Dr. Phd. BJ I know you don't play mons much and probably won't be in many tours after this one, but I hope I'm wrong about that. Genuinely one of the strongest players I've ever teamed with and I hope you branch out to other tiers more. You literally just understand.

Guard Considering how difficult AG is to play you did super well. Thanks for saving our ass in the tiebreaker lmao, we will be teaming again in future tournaments, hopefully in Ubers, I'm sure of it and look forward to it. please stop schizoing as Seldanna.

Fc PLEASE PREP AT LEAST 1 HOUR BEFORE YOUR GAME. thanks for clutching it up in tiebreaker, your game vs fissure was ridiculously tense and probably the highlight of the tournament. Just like bj, you literally just understand. Your BH build worked amazingly well in finals

Fragments dude when our 2v2 slot actually started winning in this tour it was an enormous sigh of relief given our past experiences. But then you kept winning and winning, you're literally goated. Get that last win king. Hope to team up again in future tournaments, although I can make no promises for TPP

PociekMociek You probably didn't get to play as much as you'd have liked but you were unbelievably active in prep and testing across all tiers. Enormous contribution. It's also funny as fuck how you went full monkey literally 2 seconds into joining the team server.

clean Nicholas clean cuts clean nuts. I'm ngl NFE seems so fucked with 20% Freeze Dunsparce, that shit is literally RBY Mewtwo LOL. Regardless you did nicely and clutched it up in finals and always prepped hard. Now to win AGPL

DugZa We're 2/2 for tournaments we teamed up and won for. Sadly you didn't get to play much this time since Fchimp was hogging the STAB slot, but nicely done in your STAB game regardless.

pdt BH is so painful thanks for putting yourself through that every week lmao. It's not the easiest thing to build, which seems to be what really matters for this tier. Thankfully you clutched up the finals win although I probably should have let you play in the tiebreaker. I'm sure we'll be teaming again in the future and I look forward to it. sneak right sneak sneak right sneak right right

pichus Nah dude I'm convinced you're actually just cracked at OMs for some reason. You started as our emergency MNM sub, but then took over the AAA slot and got ridiculously clutch playoff wins which we would've lost the tournament without no doubt. Keep playing, you are close to going Super Saiyan

tier Bro you have no filter LOL. Biggest schizo on the website. I know you don't feel too good about your record but it's fine bro we all know you're the goat at building and at making the most unexplainable plays that just work. Your game vs Ivar was definitely one of the highlights off the season :innocent:

baconeatinassassin Another one of our fallback subs, but unlike pichus you didn't actually end up playing, which is fine, I know you were busy and our lineup did nicely anyway. You were helpful in tests and building in Godly Gift. You will lose AGPL 8-0.

spellcaster thank you for contributing despite not being a starter. I know you don't play these tiers but you were great to have in the chat and chipped in here and there, glad our worries about your attitude were wrong.

Will don't expect this to happen again LOL

The Number Man Tranquility Redflix Farce Of The Death thanks for joining and helping us in playoffs. You guys shared some great knowledge and helped a lot

Nevelle lotiasite Phantomistix aerobee aesf xavgb Micciu @Mowatia @Retsameci Andyboy Leru umbry thanks for being around as chat presences, and helping out here and there. You guys are funny. Skarph come back bruh is everything ok

Osake Dragonillis and other Wiggly Family members. You guys are great players and more importantly super nice guys. This finals was way closer than the week score implies, hope to see you around in future tours. Special thank you to Palapapop, you put in so much to help me learn BH in the semifinals tiebreaker week, I felt so bad to let you and Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂ down there LOL

@Terrible Tyrants ridiculously close TB, most tense moments of OMPL for sure. Well played.

SpaceSpeakers ponchlake hayedenn BoingK you guys are funny in the OM discord

OM Community for being mostly very nice and welcoming

Thanks for reading
thank u for the shoutout I appreciate it <3

Guard

حرروا فلسطين
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
What a journey it has been. . .

First things first I want to thank the hosts Isaiah UT KaenSoul for choosing me and Fc as a manager duo & for the dedication they put into maintaining the integrity of the tournament. Creative differences aside, you guys were transparent, helpful, and swift in your correspondence with us throughout the entirety of the tournament - can't expect much more. Shoutouts Akeras for keeping track of replays and usage stats, which is always helpful for scouting.

shoutouts to my co-manager Fc and my shadow-managers Icemaster pichus baconeatinassassin Dr. Phd. BJ pdt for greatly alleviating my managerial duties to the point where I barely had to do anything xd

---------------------

I am not particularly proud of my performance throughout this tournament - even though I ended up with a good record, I made many misplays and most of them were inexcusable - most of the time I pretty much got bailed by the clown fiesta that is SV Anything Goes right now & the sheer fact that I simply had much more support and experience than anyone else in the tour. Regardless / because of that, I want to shout out Farce Of The Death baconeatinassassin tier pdt for helping me with prep, whether that be fact-checking my teams, giving me inspiration, scouting for me, or running some test games with me.

shoutouts to my good luck charm Seldanna - I went 4-0 while you were in the server (which means I am now 19-3 whenever you're in my team server) and then boom, the moment you leave I go a measly 3-2 X_X

shoutouts to Rihanna for prep music and also for fuelling my will to live ~

---------------------

Let's move on to my teammates, the actual heroes of this tournament that slotted themselves into largely unfamiliar metagames unlike me

Dr. Phd. BJ what an incredibly cracked player you are good lord LOL. Boasting such an impressive record with almost no experience in any SV metagame prior to the tournament is a testament to your capabilities as a player. I count myself fortunate to get a first-hand experience of what it is like to see someone like you in action, and hope (against all odds) that we team up again! Also, unlike some people that live in the past, I think you are genuinely one of the most vibrant, positive, and fun people I have ever met on the site ~

Fragments same goes for you pretty much, I have absolutely no clue how we got you for 3k, but it is by far and large the best drafting decision we made. Thank you for your motivation week in week out, which naturally translated into win after win. Now go clinch that 8-0 my GOAT!

of course, I cannot mention our 2v2 slot without giving a massive shoutout to BlackKnight_Gawain and Part, two of the most dedicated supporters I have ever had the privilege to team with. They were hard-core scouting and building for Fragments every. single. week and it's downright impossible to not consider you guys an integral part of our team given that your activity surpasses that of most of our starters LOL. . . Thank you so much for all your support and a huge thank you to the other managers for not drafting these guys ~

while I'm shouting out helpers, I also want to put Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂ in the spotlights, dude I do not know what we did to deserve you but we all love you for your help and if I could, I would decline my banner and avatar and give it to you instead. Thank you so much you absolute goated human being, much love <3

Fc I'm elated to finally have teamed with you, it has been a long-time coming man. Obviously, your reputation precedes you so if there was one slot I was confident about every week, it was STABmons. I wish I can one day relate to your 'prep 30 minutes before the match --> dominate the opponent' strategy - genuinely a baffling display of skill that I won't forget for some time. Thank you for sharing this experience with me as a manager ~

pichus ARUSHI MY BESTIE 4-0 OH MY GOD YOU REALLY DID THAT! We finally got to team up for something and look at us, coming out of it with a banner and a custom avatar :3 You already know I have never doubted your playing skills for a split second in my life, here's to hoping you convinced yourself of your elite playing-level by now **rolls eyes** If there's anyone that can claim they dragged the team out of the trenches after that abysmal week 5 and 6, it's you. There's literally only one thing better than winning OMPL: it's winning OMPL with you on my team ~

Icemaster another person on this site I share a lot of history with, dating all the way back to 2020. Yet also another person that I've never had the chance of teaming up with prior to this tournament. . . Icey you are one of a kind. Not everyone gets you, and to those I say: "don't be a goddamn Nerdus. It's never that serious". Because those who do get you, know how incredibly invaluable you are as a friend. Not a single day is a bad day when your hilarious self is always there to lift up everyone's mood. I know you are not proud of some of your games, but please also consider that you picked up Balanced Hackmons out of all things in a single week. Your overall record is still amazing and you are simply the best, don't ever lose sight of that ~

clean you goddamn SPL starter, it's to absolutely no one's surprise that you picked up a completely unfamiliar metagame and ended up with a great record. What a privilege it has been to team up with a player of your calibre - thank you for your dedication in grinding this tier out, being a brightly positive presence in the team, and generally just being your hilarious diseased self <3

speaking of people I feel honoured to have teamed up with, pdt you obviously fall into that category as well, how could you not with your goated self. You obviously did NOT enjoy playing this metagame (nobody can blame you), and in that sense, you really took one for the team more than anyone else.. You won when it mattered, though, and in the end that is more important than anything else. Thank you for sacrificing your sanity for the greater good X_X

tier I know this is not the record you were looking for yourself in this tournament, but your sheer dedication + support for so many slots outweighs that fair and square GOOD GOD how do you find the time to help out this much with your engineering thingy on the side LOL. . . You already know I think you're the goat though, a bit (read: a lot) schizo but the goat nonetheless, never change ~

PociekMociek our paths didn't cross much prep-wise, because you obviously don't have anything to do with AG, but that doesn't mean your commitment went unnoticed by me. You helped out the majority of our slots and were a crucial part of our team that other managers would have killed for if they knew. You also fitted into our team environment right from the get-go, which was hilarious LOL. Thank you for your hard work LoPocoMoco, here's to hoping we team up some time again ~

DugZa baconeatinassassin spellcaster given the circumstances you guys did all you could, thank you for helping out whenever possible, I appreciate you!

Will
1690762323400.png

I want to do a final shout out to our opponents, the Wiggly Family. You guys are a talented bunch, but most of all, your humility and class is incredibly refreshing to see. As Icemaster said, the score was not indicative of the competitiveness at all. So shoutouts Dragonillis Palapapop & your teammates on a stellar season, and all the best for next year's OMPL!

Okay, now I am actually tired so let's wrap this up already X_X basically if I shouted you out in this post I appreciate you and so on and so forth, thank you all of you!

Fragments

Always remember
is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
1690785778911.png

Damn yall suck at prs

Anyways my first OMPL was a hoot. I gotta confess, even my own team doesnt know this but when I first saw I was starting on 2v2 I was kinda disappointed cause I mainly wanted to play GG and just threw 2v2 into my tryout posts to better my chances of getting drafted. But then yall ranked me LAST and I suddenly had an unholy motivation to clear my pool (which Id say I accomplished aside from that darn Despacito87, I'll get ya back someday friend, but respect to you and Hugo for turning this pool on its head with me lol). Motivation was only multiplied when I realized how cracked out our team chat was, I can definitively say I never have been and likely never will be part of a team chat like this again, the vibe was something you cant replicate. So, by the end of it, I am very glad to have ended up on this team and even on 2v2, I'll prolly even stick with it for future OM team tours.

Time for shoutouts. Ofc first shoutouts go to Fc Guard and every other member of the SSSSS drafting team that I am way too lazy to name for drafting me. Obviously wouldnt have had such a fun and rewarding season if yall didnt put your faith in me like you did.

Shoutouts to BlackKnight_Gawain and Part, everyone who said I'd be on my own cause there was no good 2v2 support left in the pool are mad fools. These guys proved they can outprep anyone, especially in the last few weeks of the tour when I was really busy irl and was building a hot 0 teams a week these guys carried me fr. Would be criminal for them to go undrafted again next year, managers do yourselves a favor and spend the big bucks on these lads theyre worth it.

Final shoutouts to Dragonillis Palapapop and the rest of the Wiggly Family. Ik this is an ompl legacy team and this is the farthest theyve ever gotten if Im not mistaken, yall were stellar opponents and the final score does not reflect how close a lot of these matchups actually were. You guys were a strong ass team and an incredibly nice one too, if I was not with the SSSSS I'd wanna be here. You guys are gonna return stronger than ever next year Im callin it.

Final takeaways, Im happy with my record, albeit a bit bummed that I wasnt able to clutch up the historic 8-0. My one consolation is that I at least won when it mattered and I am very grateful to my team for reminding me of that and lifting my spirits. I will also try not to sleep through a game next year LOL. Idk how to end this post so Ima just say once again this was a blast and I hope to get to interact with even more cool people in future OM tours. Fragmonkey out.

PociekMociek

is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
OMPL Champion
I adored this tour so I had to at least post something about it.

Right before the draft I wasn't really sure I was even gonna be drafted, I had some good showings in individual tours and non awful team tour records but thought I'm just gonna play more fulfilling games in Farm Leauge instead. Luckily Icemaster the GOAT told FC and Guardus to draft me because i was him. And so I was saved from the Undrafted Urshifus and became a 3k Andy.

My showing:

W1: :corviknight::skeledirge::cinderace::garchomp::scream tail::quaquaval: [L]
I built this team for DugZa basically based on https://pokepast.es/a986bec939b127ff which was a very solid public team that served me well, I was kinda on a TL high and TL Cinder felt pretty good into the regular Corv/Scream/Moth/Chomp teams everyone was enlightened on and while it seemed to have a pretty good MU, ChainChomp won first :/
W2: :arceus-fairy::groudon::eternatus::heatran::giratina::chansey: [L]
This team is built by PDT feat. Levi Heatran improofing EP Etern. The history of this game is better than the game itself, we were in a mad dash trying to find a backup BH player because for some reason PDT was gone. I played pretty well for most of the game but I made a grave error thinking my poisoned Arc-fairy can use Imp!Heatran as a setup opportunity, at least it was one of the BH games of all time :blobthumbsup:.
W4: :garchomp::volcanion::muk-alola::iron-moth::kilowattrel::corviknight: [L]
Now this team was built with Gawain and PHD in a call, we decided that every team TNM has used until that point lets Volcanion claim 2+ significant kills. In the game it has claimed 0 partly because of MU partly because of tiers play. Nuff said.
W5: :zamazenta: :chien-pao: :moltres-galar: :corviknight: :heatran: :garchomp: [L]
Tier was tired of using BORING balanced and wanted to click click click with a monkey HO. The trio of cooks (Tier, Gawain and I) had some troubles filling out the HO template, then I was enlightened while preparing a meal and came up with this team. I told Tier to hop on the ladder and check if it fits him and surely if I've heard no complaints it was good right :clueless:
:aware: ursaluna on mu
The "trolling" Zama-C or the Ice beam freeze on corv did not help either.

W6: :chien-pao: :zapdos: :meloetta: :arcanine-hisui: :quaquaval: :scream-tail: [L]

It's someone's team and gawain stole it LOOOOOOOOOL. I had a couple of builds that I wanted to load up into Shiloh like
https://pokepast.es/2cf71bcbd944dc99
https://pokepast.es/f13fada13d115625
https://pokepast.es/465ebfcd31cd353d
https://pokepast.es/4db0cf9e91483ff1
https://pokepast.es/54f678df259fb36c
https://pokepast.es/f89aa5f51be2d361
https://pokepast.es/79a4df0a36f79658
https://pokepast.es/4370043e5801cdf2
https://pokepast.es/bc418058cfad6759
But none of them felt quite right so I got comfier with the actually used team and loaded up basically 1:1 what Gawain stole, the game was uneventful as it was just a 99.9999999999999999-0 mu where my way of creating real progress was to pentuple crit burn flare blitz or something.
Sadly I did not beat the OMFL allegations
1690811207418.png

Now onto the real meat of this tour. The team discord was actually the best teamcord I've been to date. First and foremost everyone was welcome in every channel, I was used to the STAAAB guys staying in their STAAAB channel. Here everyone was waffling in every channel and having a lot of fun doing it, none of that "too many barbers spoil the hairline" bs. Then the culture, you know it's gonna be a fun tour if one of your first interactions look like that.
1690809015610.png

Game discussion channel was also full of life whenever someone played and we've had HUGEEEEEE popoffs when we got a great W, like the time PDT Gira'd their Fillet. Not gonna even mention [REDACTED] or [DATA EXPUNGED].
Our waffling attitude didn't stop there, it was amazing to see everyone Agree. with The Icemaster in OMCord or all the other lovely interactions in #tournaments room.

And now for the shoutouts:

Fc Guard (Shadow manager Icemaster) Thank you once more for drafting me for this amazing tour. ❤

pichus The Number Man Tranquility you guys were the GOATS for carrying the 1-5 AAA slot (which Erm. Is totally not my fault.) into an amazing 3-0 finish with great teams and games

Part BlackKnight_Gawain you two are the 2v2 Chefs the world has never seen before, it was an amazing time talking to yall even though i dont understand that tier

Fragments the clicker of the 2v2 games and the Head Chef of 2v2, very fun to be around as well

Dr. Phd. BJ i don't know how you managed to learn GG and play such great games in that quick of a time frame while still supporting everyone

Guard the ag goat supported by the entirety of ag community, nuff said

tier sorry for passing you trash in aaa you wouldve went in, after that Ivar game it was known all you needed were good teams

Icemaster The Icemaster,a really really good MnM player and the believer of the second coming of LoSconuScuito

clean pdt did an amazing job in two pretty monkey tiers, clean was a very fun person to talk with, meanwhile pdt's games caused largest popoffs and malds (dw ur still a bh goat in my heart)

Fc oh we're 4-3 and fc hasn't built anything and it's sunday night and hes playing at Monday 2:30 AM, never mind we won the week

DugZa not your greatest showing but i believe you're amazing

spellcaster baconeatinassassin the goats that didn't play, still you were great to be around

Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂ this guy is actually him, he hopped on to help us in the playoffs and he delivered. our teamcord was full of him, even though he might've waffled a bit he got the spirit

Will is it too late to sellback willfish?

Micciu Micciu Balanced Hackmons
aerobee Aerobee Pure Hackmons
Fluore Fluore
Palapapop Palapapop
@retsameci Retsameci
@ that guy who build our week 3 gg team, we wouldnt have done it without you
Ainzcrad You made me go on a journey to get a CA and I managed to do it before you did

@ the rest of om community for being good sports and fun to be around and
@ the rest of om community for teaching me the secret ingredient to winning is crime (don't worry they're all public or my teams)
1690810912183.png
1690810936727.png
1690810964480.png
1690811090993.png

Last edited:

Greybaum

GENTLEMAN, THIS IS DEMOCRACY MANIFEST
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
This was my first time managing, and while I definitely regret not being able to win the whole tour I'm still feeling pretty proud of what we accomplished as a team. Many thanks to our hosts Isaiah KaenSoul UT and most of all hayedenn for the opportunity.

hayedenn
It's crazy, because maybe two years ago I'm pretty sure neither of us liked each other, but you've quickly become one of my closest friends on this site. It felt great knowing even before the draft that I had someone to make up for all my weak spots (e.g. 2v2, AG, BH), and it felt even better knowing that you believed in me as much as you did. I had absolutely no experience managing, but you still trusted me to take the reigns on the draft. You were encouraging and supportive of our players throughout the whole tour even after the rocky first two weeks, and it was an absolute pleasure to work with you both professionally and personally. I know we're both slowly phasing out of Smogon, but I hope we're both around next year to run it back; W VIRIZZIONS have a custom to win.

xavgb
We knew you'd be expensive, but we also knew you'd absolutely be worth it. I don't need to talk about how impressive you are - you already know it, and everyone else has been reminded of it after seeing you go 6-1 in a tier you had no knowledge of (this generation, at least), but only a few of those people know just how much fun it is to be in a team tour with you. Maybe it's just me, but you're lowkey one of the funniest people on the site and it's a real privilege to have your once-a-month quip in whatever channel you happen to be lurking in at the time. Thanks for being so self sufficient, and for carrying us so hard when it came to differential.

cityscapes
We only bothered putting three names on our draft plan for BH, and you were absolutely #1 (and one of the other two was our MnM slot). It felt like you were reinventing the tier every week, finding fresh new ways to break it time after time. You're bar none my favourite builder on this site and an absolute inspiration, and I'm so happy I finally got to team with you. I promise to get you actual support next time even though you clearly don't need it to farm. Glory to the Tower of Power.

Stareal
NFE GOAT. Heading into the draft I considered you the absolute #1 pick we could get for the tier, but I thought you'd end up too expensive and I was so happy when I was wrong. You acclimated to the tier better than I could have ever hoped, and every week you pulled up with something solid - I rarely had any suggestions for improvements, but when I did you listened, and I really appreciated that. You were a phenomenal pilot and had lady luck not slapped you around you could've just as easily been 7-0. Truthfully I'm not sure if either of us will be signing up for OMWC, but it'll be an honour to work with you again if given the opportunity.

pannu
You were one of the people we built our draft around, and I'm glad we did. We wanted "cotta", the true protagonist of OMs, but we also wanted "pannu", the swede who bullies Tea Guzzler in the voice call with me, just as much. I don't regret drafting you one bit and I hope you're around (and playing a better tier) next OMPL because I'd love to team with you again; you're incredibly fun to be around. Above everything else, thank you for being willing to keep fighting week after week despite how much you hated the tier - you're one of the most loyal friends I have and I won't forget it any time soon. also read fire punch already you absolute loser. it's peak.

Sylvi
I know we haven't known each other for long but I swear you're one of the best chat presences I've ever had the pleasure of teaming with. Thanks again for being so willing to be thrown into OMs, picking up a win in STAB when pannu couldn't make the game and filling in for our Godly Gift sub after an unfortunate loss streak. You adapted to that tier like a fish to water and working with you to patch up my janky teams was the most fun I had this tour. Putting Trick Room on Slowking-Galar was an all-time great decision and I know I'll look back on those games fondly. I'm begging hosts to add retains because if you're around next OMPL you're damn right I'm trying to claim you as a permanent VIRIZZION.

gum
We both know you're better than your record here - GG just wasn't your tier this gen and I absolutely should've been there to support instead of leaving you to work alone (timezones got in the way ngl, should've considered that but first time manager moment). Thanks for being an all-time cheerleader in the later weeks - I'll never get tired of the pom pom piplup gif. I'd love to team with you again, be it OMs, PU, or elsewhere.

tyo
Brudda I don't know anything about 2v2 but haydenn pushed for you hard and you were an absolute steal. There is no world where you should've been 3k but that's how the dice rolled and we got a phenomenal 5-1 showing out of it. I didn't really get to talk to you much, being as clueless as I am about the tier, but from what little conversation we did have you came across as a really cool guy. Absolutely incredible pilot.

Vrji
Same to you as well vrji, and don't think the amount of text you put into the channel every week went unnoticed. You should've been 2-0 and it's a shame we couldn't give you the opportunity to fix that but you were absolutely the best support we could've had this tour and I'm really glad we had you onboard. You absolutely killed it this tour.

hariyana grande
9-3 across UUPL/UU Snake, Winner of UU Masters, a SCL caliber player, and yet absolutely nobody had you on their radar except us. We knew you were going to be our AAA slot from the beginning, and I'm honestly damn proud that I was able to pull off a steal like this in my first draft. You knew what you wanted each week, you didn't settle for teams you weren't confident in, and you stole the show like nobody else did. Really happy I got to team with you and I hope I get the opportunity to do so again one day.
also a shoutout to spellcaster as well for solidifying my decision to push hard for you.

LordBox
My guy made up over a third of the messages in our 20k almost-any-ability channel. Incredible amount of passion for the game and I loved how you constantly entertained my wacky ideas like Opportunist Corviknight and Sword of Ruin Ursaluna. Everyone knows I have a love/hate relationship with AAA, but you and Tranquility definitely pulled me towards the Love side for this tour. Make sure you pop off during AAAPL - After all our talks I know you have it in you to be more than just an elite builder and it's about time you show that off.

Tranquility
An absolutely vital part of our AAA success. Your input was fantastic, and definitely saved us from a few awful matchups at times. Everything I said about LordBox applies to you too - I don't want to see you going anything less than 4-1 in AAAPL. Thanks for helping out so much, seriously.

luisin
Honestly man, I was hoping to get you a custom as way of apology - on any other team you'd have been killing it in the AAA pool but the hariyana gambit worked out and we never got the opportunity to unleash you. You're one hell of a reliable hand even if you didn't get the chance to prove it, and I hope you had a good time hanging out in the discord.

Isaiah
I have no idea why nobody asked you for help/testing (at least initially) except me, but god did I appreciate it. You saved us with your godsquads on (I think) two occasions when we were struggling to finalise a suitable team, and having you in the discussions to give your input on meta trends was a real blessing. You were also a huge factor in our decision to pick up LordBox and Tranquility, and you have my eternal thanks for that one. Seriously though my dude, stop hosting these tours and sign up next time, UT and Kaen have it covered. I'll put big money on you even if you have "support only" clearly written in your signup. I promise.

Taka
You had a rocky start but you identified what was going wrong and pulled it back big time when most people wouldn't. I was really impressed at how consistent you were in a tier filled with typespam and Salyrex speed-ties, and it felt like you were going into every game with utmost confidence which in turn gave me a lot of reassurance. Lovely dude to talk to, and I feel like I've said this about everyone (and I'll continue to!) but I'd love to team with you again.

corvere
You were fucking phenomenal. I'm sorry we couldn't get you a custom - I'm honestly not sure just how strict they are about giving them out to unrostered helpers but I would've pushed like crazy for you to get one if we did win because I've never seen an unrostered player putting in as much time building as you did. Thank you for being a VIRIZZION, and please sign up officially next time so you can get the recognition you deserve.

SparksBlade
#1 mascot of all time. My guy chipped in for seemingly every tier and it felt so good knowing we had him waiting to sub in at a moment's notice. Absolute king and I wish I had more time to get to know you.

I love all our helpers, but a special shoutout to Tea Guzzler and astralydia in particular for banging out prep with us during our final weeks. Sorry we let you down in semi-finals.

Managing was more fun than I ever could have hoped. OMs are obviously receiving a big shake-up with the OM/UM split so it's hard to say what the future will be like, but I had a bloody great time. Thanks chaps and chapettes, see you on the flipside.
rizz with text1.png

Lana

formerly pichus
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
OMPL Champion
well that ends it.

wanted to start by saying that this is the most fun I've had in a team tour and this win means more to me than any other tour I've won because I won this one with my best friends on this website! before I start I quickly wanted to thank the OM community for being so lovely and welcoming, and for making this tour incredibly fun and competitive, our entire team enjoyed this tour a lot. I cannot share my teams because most of these weren't mine, the MnM team I used was built by Ice and he did a team dump already, I have genuinely no idea where the Week 7 AAA team came from, the Semifinals AAA team was built by the goated TNM, the finals team was built by me but again TNM provided me the Cresselia set (which was Impish nature for about 20 test games because I am blind!)

:garchomp: :cresselia: :skeledirge: :goodra-hisui: :chien-pao: :regieleki: (click for paste) Replay

pretty basic Cresselia team with a glaring weakness to Fire-type physical attackers. I wasn't able to fit a WBB mon without making the team very bulky so I decided I will simply outplay if Cinderace or Chien-Pao show up. Decided to go with Toxic Debris Chomp with Flamethrower + EE Skele to prevent my hazards from being removed by Corv and Treads and ease my chien pao matchup. Well in the real game Cinderace AND Chien Pao showed up, and a random Corrosion Pex which I was also pretty weak to. Luckily I knew I could sweep with Chien-Pao or Cresselia depending on how the game is played by my opponent so I had that in mind and played accordingly. I knew this MU was pretty difficult for me so I made a few plays here and there and then Chien-Pao ended up sweeping. Overall a pretty fun game and I was super happy to win in finals and win the tour for my team. Osake is definitely one of the better AAA players (honestly this entire AAA pool is so stacked, Osake definitely deserves credit for being the strongest AAA player in this tour) so I was pretty happy with this win!

now I will do some shoutouts. My team had around 3000 helpers toward the end of the tournament, so if I forget you then I am sorry but I really appreciate your support!

Fc - A French Canadian that destroyed the STAB pool with ease by prepping just an hour before the game, every single week. You are one of the best players here but you already know that, thank you for leading us to the win - I hope we team up again at some point. You're one of the best managers I've had!

Guard - WE DID IT !! we finally teamed up and we both killed it in this tour, I knew AG is one of the slots we wouldn't have to care about at all in this tour, not because we had a mono AG lineup but because we had you starting in it. You carried the slot on your own because our mono AG squad doesn't actually play SV seriously... You're the most consistent AG player by a lot and you proved it again in this tour. I'm glad I got a chance to team up with you, now let's get that AGPL win!

Icemaster - Your record does not reflect how hard you worked for this tour, I feel like you helped every single slot on our team at some point, with testing or prepping. The fact that you picked up an entirely unknown meta within a few days and nearly defeated the strongest BH player in the tour in a tiebreaker set is proof that You Simply Understand This Game. You are the reason why we created this team and you're the one who helped us secure this win. I'm glad we finally teamed up in a real tour after so long (3 team tours at a time too...). Now let's win AGPL in a couple of weeks as well!

Dr. Phd. BJ - one of my favorite parts of this tour was knowing that I would wake up to see a winpost on a random Thursday or Friday morning and knowing that we had started the week 1-0. You did so well in this tour and it really shows how strong you are as a player. Thank you for carrying the GG slot with minimal help and for being a great chat presence, I hope to see you in tours more often, because, like icemaster, You Simply Understand.

pdt - thank you for playing the tier that no one else wanted to play, you got us some really crucial wins, especially the one in finals. I'm really sure this is the first time we've actually teamed up in a tour even though we've been in the same team chat a few times before, I'm glad I could finally team up and win with an insanely cracked player like yourself.

clean - you did incredibly well in a tier you've never played before and had very little support in, so thank you for that, and thank you for bringing Trollamus into existence. We have not lost a tournament together yet, and the streak will continue - You can now fully focus on enjoying Scarlet Violet Anything Goes!

tier - the biggest waffler ever but we loved having you on the team, you are an S-tier chat presence. Don't feel too bad about your record, everyone knows how goated you are and how hard you worked on your games. We are undefeated in team tours as well - Keep carrying us in AGPL!

Fragments - winning in 2v2 was a huge, huge bonus for our team, because while planning the draft 2v2 was not a slot we were expecting to win in, given our... past experiences. But you approached us last minute and proved everyone wrong with your stellar performance. I cannot end this shoutout without mentioning our amazing 2v2 chefs - Part BlackKnight_Gawain who out prepped the entire pool (I cannot believe not a single manager knew about you guys, scout the pools better @ managers). Because of you 3, we knew there was a slot that would do well in the kitchen and in the game every week, great cooking guys!

PociekMociek - best support I've ever seen in a team tour, I know you would've liked to start more but I hope you know that you contributed a lot to our team's success and we absolutely could not have won this without you. You are a fine chef and a solid player and I hope you get more recognition after this tour. Keep playing well, LoPocoMoco.

DugZa - Kinda upset that we didn't get to start you much because you are insanely good at this game, but it was nice having you on the team anyhow, and good job on the solid win in week 7!

baconeatinassassin - sorry for stealing your spot as a starter ;_; and thank you for the test games here and there. The final few tests you did against me in AAA helped me more than you know. I hope you win UPL this year, UPL is the only team tour you should focus on for the next 2 weeks, completely forget about every other team tour you're in, I am very sure you will win it

Will - Son, You are like a Son to me. I dont have much to say. Keep winning IRL. Don't forget about us.

spellcaster - omi of corio, we are thankful for your contributions in the final few weeks as well as your chat presence. Enjoy the gorgeous OMPL banner :)!

now some helpers who weren't on the team

The Number Man - you carried my slot in playoffs, giving me ideas, passing sample builds, passing an entire team so none of us had to cook in semis, and playing numerous tests with me so I could pick up the meta. thank you so much for your support, I definitely would not have won my games without the help.

Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂ - You have no idea how much you helped us in this tour, I feel like at one point you wanted to win this tour more than we did, you helped like half of our slots in playoffs, played test games, helped us cook, and whatnot. I'm so upset that we can't try to get the custom avatar for you but you definitely deserve it, thank you so much for the help dude.

Farce Of The Death - the goat ag support, my biggest regret is that we couldn't draft you and I feel horrible about that. Good luck in AGPL, you're doing really great!

Redflix Tranquility xavgb aesf Andyboy Phantomistix Palapapop - i couldn't talk much with you guys but I appreciate all of you for helping our players here and there

Nevelle (OML) lotiasite Leru @Mowatia Skarph Micciu umbry aerobee - really nice people and we loved having you all in the team chat, thank you for not getting annoyed by the numerous pings

some cool OM people I liked talking to: ponchlake (:blobsalute:) hayedenn Taka Osake

@ wiggly families @terrible tyrants both of you were really strong opponents and we played a series that could've gone either way, very well played guys

lastly, thanks to the OMPL hosts for doing great throughout the tour!

Job is done, SSSSS.

What's better after rankings at the start? Rankings ranking at the end! Let's take a look at all the brave souls who dared give their opinions and belittle them if they were absolutely wrong to see who got it close.
Criteria: If you make a PR based on strength, then I judge it based on how accurate it is. If it's meme, then whether I find it funny or not shall decide its rankings. If it's some actual objective thing that has determined results (only applies to willdbeast's one), then the effort that went into it is the biggest factor.

drampa's grandpa Team Names Rankings
Sorry gramps, you can't let your bias get in the way of making an objective ranking. You liked Wiggly Family as a long-standing team just like yourself but ranked them below SSSSS. Perhaps old age has something to do here, let's get you to bed. Other choices are at least pretty correct though.
Chessking's BH Player "Rankings"
Bro, you can't just make a ranking and don't actually rank them. Only classifying them as starter-worthy or not is way easier. At least call it Player Assessment or something.
Tea Guzzler's BH Power Rankings
Pretty accurate ranking. TTTech totally failed expectations but who even expected him to not even get a single win. You also underrated city's ability to quickly adapt and Sevag slightly. Overall still good though.
longhiep341's Manager, Tier and GG Power Rankings
My manager ranking before draft was pretty on point, with 3/4 top rated teams indeed making PO. The only one I got wrong was Wiggly in place of Dubwool, though that was where everyone got wrong anyway. My tier rankings and GG Power Rankings, even if they were on point, didn't have much meaning with Home arriving on week 3 and also missed a ton of players due to being made early. But hey, you can't blame me for getting disappointed with Game Freak. I hope they carry my coffin when I die so they can let me down one last time.
Morgan's 2v2 Power Rankings
This ranking might be more correct if turned upside down. Getting Chris correct is probably the only upside.
ojr's Manager & Team Name Rankings
A good mix of humor and assessment in this era is hard to come by. This also comes with fairly well detailed explanation. Even though he basically called me a boomer, I will begrudgingly rank this high.
Redflix's MnM PR
Got the top positions pretty well, but massively overrated db, whom everyone tried to gather 7 of to get a wish. MnM in the lower positions get pretty messy to judge though.
Osake's AAA PR
Atha :Pretty much the only one I'm ranking here because it's the only one who I can't see fail
. Oh but you saw it. Let's be honest nobody could even think about atha massively underperforming like that so most AAA PR will suffer from this. He also got himself and pretty much most players correct. hariyana grande and pichus pretty much flew under the radar for most but Osake at least got pichus on his potential player list. Great ranking all in all.
Lasen's Discord Mains PR
This shit was the most hilarious thing I had read. The humor is top notch, as is the knowledge. HOWEVER, you said tier and pannu were discord mains but they ended up playing. Well their records were kinda similar to discord mains so can't exactly blame you.
pichus, Zayele and Icemaster's AG PR
Except Fogbound Lake, almost everything is correct. However 3 people's effort and yet the other 2 didn't proofread properly. No wonder Ice couldn't win the BH game.
Shing's NFE PR
Unfortunately, King Leo V was really rusty and maybe partly unmotivated. Not only was this extremely specific and correct bar that overestimation, it even covered the tour player part. The only thing that can make it more complete is if Shing had joined the tour but it's too late to bribe him now.
Itchy's 2v2 PR
Yuki didn't quite live up to the hype considering Morgan's support as well, but Swalot also had 75% winrate. Also completely missed the mark on Hugo and Despacito. The ranking wasn't that specific either, how can we flame each other for our opinions in a high variance tier with stuffs like this?
Tea Guzzler's post-draft BH PR
All these post-draft rankings from now on shall make my job easier. Nope, Leru and Nihilslave were far from being a problem. city's place was also massively off the mark. TTTech and Onyx, yeah... Still fairly on point for others.
ponchlake's time to guess who plays GG Rankings
However me forgetting is not against the rules, which means they will be getting the 7th spot on this list.
Of course you are allowed to forget! Just like I'm allowed to put your ranking near last place. So many things wrong with this so I will state what's correct instead to save time.
willdbeast's Price Guess Rankings
Making a minigame is very admirable, with high quality posts and analysis to boot? Count me in, keep up the good job king.
Fissure's Scrabble PR
This is probably the most random and yet pretty unique PR. I suck at Scrabble but this is a nice, simple PR to entertain the mass while waiting (amidst all the MOCCS chaos).
Nihilslave BH Draft's PR
This was meant to be both humorous and actually about the relative strength. I commend the effort, but this just caused unnecessary confusion for many readers. On top of that, it didn't even place city/Sevag.
ojr's NFE Post-draft Rankings
Excluding yourself is a coward's move, but at least still better than obviously biased self placement. Only time can tell, and unfortunately time isn't on your side here as clean completely crushed your expectation. However, outside of that it hit the nail on its head, even expecting King Leo's downfall.
Pandadoux's PR
An overall team PR that goes in depth for each slot. Again, Dubwool and Wiggly's placements are something most got wrong. But others were pretty correct if only RR is considered.
Atha's AAA PR
tier proved atha correct. MZ, Osake did better than expected. shiloh, Virizzions and TNM were correct, but Ivar also fell below expectations. Overall about half correct, but if pichus is considered in PO Solg should be higher as well.
Collective PR
Team Ranking: Having the two finalist teams placed dead last is... unfortunate to say the least. Still got 2/4 PO contender, but Flutter was also too high.
Player Ranking: pannu and jrdn first in their tiers. 2v2 was pretty much similar to Morgan's but slightly more incorrect. AAA had Ivar and Atha too high, Osake too low and Virizzions slightly off. AG saw Fogbound Lake last, Taka and Farce much better than expected. BH underestimated city and Chessking while overestimating TTTech. Wiggly's GG did better and uh... (we don't talk about it). Career Ended stepped up to defy MnM's ranking but others were all on point. NFE was pretty even except clean came in huge instead of last. STAB got half correct with Kaif, LBDC, abriel and Fissure.
Morgan's 2nd 2v2 Power Rankings
A second PR that sadly didn't reflect what happened. Fragments and Hugo last are the biggest flaws and only 2 placements actually were correct.
longhiep341's Ranking Rankings
I tried tickling myself while doing my ranking so that I can be justified to boost its place a bit but stupid science says I can't do that. Due to cheating commited I will reluctantly knock my own ranking a few ranks.
Final Ranking Ranking:
  1. Lasen Discord's main
  2. willdbeast's Price Guess
  3. Shing's NFE
  4. pichu, Zayele and Icemaster's AG
  5. Osake's AAA
  6. ojr's Manager and Team Name
  7. ojr's NFE post-Draft
  8. Redflix's MnM
  9. PandaDoux's PR
  10. Tea Guzzler's pre-Draft BH
  11. Tea Guzzler's post-draft BH
  12. Fissure's Scrabble
  13. drampa's grandpa Team Names
  14. longhiep341's Manager, Tier and GG player
  15. Atha's AAA
  16. Itchy's 2v2
  17. Nihilslave's BH draft
  18. Morgan's 2v2 post-Draft
  19. Morgan's 2v2 pre-Draft
  20. longhiep341's Ranking Ranking
  21. ponchlake's Guess the GG player
  22. Collective PR
  23. Chessking's BH Player "Ranking"
If you have any problem with this ranking please PM me so I can ignore it. If you want a prize for getting high rank on this email
Code:
notscamwinbigprize@gmail.com
and click the link I send.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)