[Pre-Bank] An attempt at Goodstuffs

Hey guys, this is my first attempt at a goodstuffs team here in 6th gen. I've built and tested teams before, but they have all generally been weather/trick teams. Never actually attempted to piece together a team ofrandom pokemon that work well together. Thanks in advance for anyone who reads and helps me better my team. The team thus far:

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy ---> Parental Bond
Evs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Hp
Adament Nature
-Fake Out
-Power up Punch
-Return
-Protect

Kangaskhan is usually my lead pokemon, having the ability scrappy he can fake out a ghost pokemon or mega-evolve and fake out for some strong parental STAB damage, meanwhile my partner immobilizes the other, or simply takes advantage and attacks the flinching target or the other. It's been fun abusing Power up punch, when Kangaskhan Mega-evolves it will always power up twice and unless taken down it can take out any pokemon with its boosted stats. Return I put there since its a pretty strong move and will be Kangaskhans primary STAB damage while protects there when Kangaskhan has to juke a fighting move or such.
Its ivs are to maximize its attack and speed to allow it to hit hard and fast, although it does leave it kind of squishy. Wasen't sure if to forgo the speed ivs for health maybe.

Klefki @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
Evs: 252 Hp/252 SpDef/4Def
Bold Nature
-Thunder wave
-Rain Dance
-Reflect
-Dazzling Gleam

Ah Kfeki, I love this little guy. Bold nature and current ev spread allows klefki to tank quite a bit of damage with a sitrus berry to kick its hp back up if it decides to get a little low. Having prankster, ive found klefki to be a great support, when paired with anyone else in my team, he can thunder wave fast targets to help my team outspeed them, meanwhile throwing up some shield support. As you'll see ive tried to make rain work to my advantage in my team, that and to try and counter weather teams is why ive put that there. I decided upon dazzling gleam since its a spread move and it has to have at least one attacking move and foul play didn't seem to great to me to put up.

Ludicolo @ Absorb Bulb
Ability: Swift Swim
Evs: 252 SpAttk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Hp
Modest Nature
-Protect
-Ice Beam
-Scald
-Energy Ball
I decided to place Ludicolo on my team as an effort to counter rain teams whenever I may face them as well as working around bring rain to my side with klefki. Ev spread to help maximize his offensive pressure, even when not under rain he can still outspeed certain things. Ice beam to help counter dragons/ground types. Wasent sure if I should put surf on him, so for now ive been working with Scald. Since Energy Ball got a nice buff in gen 6, its been putting a nice dent in whatever it hits with that move. Sometimes I don't use him if I know I wont be able to bring rain to my side.

Togekiss @ leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Evs: 252 Hp/252SpDef/4 Def
Calm Nature
-Follow me
-Air Slash
-Protect
-Dazzling Gleam
Togekiss is a pretty great tank, with his ev spread/nature to maximize bulk and leftovers, togekiss can last a pretty long time. With such moves as Follow me and air slash, ive been able to allow my teammate to take out opposing threats or to setup while togekiss absorbs some of the blows in their stead. Wasent quite sure what to put as a fourth move slot but eventually decided upon dazzling gleam for a strong STAB spread move to help take out dragons and the like.

Machamp @ Life Orb
Ability: No Guard
Evs: 252 Hp/252 Attk/ 4 Def
Ivs: 0 Speed
Brave Nature
-Dynamic Punch
-Stone Edge
-Wide Guard
-Poison Jab
I've worked machamp into my team as an effort to combat Trick room Teams, if a Trcik room were to ever be setup on me, I can use machamp to help take out the opposing team as he won't be among the last to move. And at the same time, if some thunder wave support/follow me was thrown out, I can use machamps full power to my advantage without any harm coming to him. Dynamic Punch and Stone edge coupled with No Guard will hit the majority of the metagame for strong damage. Poison jab I threw on there to fight fairys and have some sort of answer to them. Wide guard to help with the ever-popular earthquake/rockslides going around.

Goodra @ Assault Vest

Ability: Sap Sipper
Evs: 252 SpAtk/ 252 HP/ 4 Def
Modest Nature

-Thunderbolt
-Dragon Pulse
-Muddy Watter
-Sludge Bomb

Honestly wasent very sure about Goodra, although he has been working rather good with some support on his side. Looked around quite a bit on the Goodra forum and tested it out a bit before finally placing him on the team. With his Ev spread, ive managed to make him into a hard hitting tank especially with Assault Vest equipped, although his speed does lack quite a bit and physical attacks decimate him. His moveset was to help counter as much as he possibly could, with Muddy water being on there to help take advantage of the rain whenever its up and well as when its not to help take out fire pokemon. And sludge bomb to help deal with Fairys.

Conslusion: I have honestly been having trouble when it comes to opposing Ghost/poison pokemon or just ghosts in general. As well as not having a direct answer to Steel types besides machamp. I feel like I may need strong fire type on my team as well as having speed issues. But not really sure. Thanks again for the rates on improving my team.

I'd suggest running a Fire-type move on Goodra instead of Sludge Bomb (You don't want to keep him in to deal with physical fairies like Azumarill). Goodra isn't phys bulky, and a Play Rough will rip him down a ton. That way, you still get Grass coverage along with Bug, Steel, and Ice. Klefki is iffy with Gleam (I seem to always have better results with Foul Play) but that's just a matter of choice from me.

Small critique (will edit post in a bit) Take protect off everything. Seriously. Good players or even just smart players will abuse this, and the mons you have it on have FARRRRRRR better options man. SERENE GRACE TOGEKISS with no Thunderwave? Ugh. Remove protect and put t-wave there. Same from kanga, take off protect and put EQ for Aegislash or sucker punch. I wouldn't even use fake out, but that's just me.

-To replace Sludge Bomb on Goodra, think i'll replace it with Fire Blast instead. The coverage is really needed. I honestly thought Gleam would be the better option since its a spread move, but ill give Foul play a shot and see how it works out.
- @ Ballofire Always kinda thought protect was needed on at least a few mons to allow for some breathing room, but its true it is pretty easily predictable. As for Serene Grace togekiss, I thought since I already had T-wave on klefi that it wasen't that important to put on it. Aegislhas was honestly one mon that was giving me trouble, and I just didn't have a great answer to it. Eq seems like a great option. Thanks so far, and for further rates :D

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ballofire pretty sure this is a doubles team, which means having Protect on so much is not a bad thing, and having Fake Out is a fantastic thing. I doubt Aegislash is even a thing in doubles, and all but one of his teammates is susceptible to getting hit by Earthquake as well, making it harder for him to play around his own spread move.

long story short, assuming this is doubles (because you mentioned goodstuffs, Trick Room, and spread moves), keep Protect on the things you want to keep it on, and absolutely keep Fake Out on Kangaskhan. I'd actually try out Sucker Punch over Protect on Kangaskhan and see how that works for you. Having some offensive priority on a pretty slow/bulky offensive team would be really appreciated.

Yeah sorry everyone, totally forgot to mention this is a Doubles Team. Totally slipped my mind. I will indeed try out sucker punch on Kangaskhan, a little priority attack would be nice. Was going to try out EQ, but to work around it was going to be rather difficult.

Bumping this, been working with some changes mentioned above and its been working rather well xD I feel like ludicolo isn't seeing much use and maybe he could get replaced. Any further rates would be highly appreciated! ----remember this is for doubles-----

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)