ORAS Ubers Ragnarök

VaraNiN

formerly TheGeneralW0lF
First of all: Thanks for clicking, I really appreciate the extra input!

And now, without further ado, let's head right into the...

Team Building Process

(In the following I'll jump over a few steps for simplicity's sake)

When I started playing Ubers I quickly picked up on what other people were commonly playing and tried to adjust for that / tried playing it myself. Out came this, everything played offensively:

Suffice to say that it didn't really work out. So I added Giratina-O for defogging and Aegislash as a Xerneas Counter:

I then swapped Primal-Kyogre for the immensely powerful brother of Xerneas, Yveltal. Furthermore, I added Arceus back into the team and changed my previously special setup of Giratina to a physical one, because I realised that you could also deal with Xerneas via priority moves.

After this followed over 20 iterations of me trying out different megas, a more defensive approach with Lugia and Chansey, etc. However, in the end, I came full circle and back to this team. Only with a more deffensive setup for PDon and a revision back to a Special-Attacking Giratina as well as a change from Mew2X to Deoxys-A.

The Team

Loki (Deoxys-Attack) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Rash Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Ice Beam
- Extreme Speed

Ah, Loki, the god of mischief. Deoxys-A is not only my (anti-)lead, but also a revenge killer for pokemon lacking priority moves. And with the capability to OHKO Darkrai with Superpower, offensive PDon with Psycho Boost, Rayquaza and (boosted) Salamence with Ice Beam (If Sash is still in tact), etc. it does this job superbly.

As I said in the Team Building Process, Mega Mewtwo X would also be a consideration in this spot. However, I value the mixed nature, the higher speed and the priority move of this glass cannon more, than Taunt and a little bit (ok, to be fair a lot more) bulk.

The EV Spread is pretty simple: 236 Spe EVs allow Deoxys to outspeed base 130 Pokemon, most notably Mega Gengar and Mega Mew2X. Max SpA in order for PsyBoost to hit as hard as possible and the rest is allocated in Atk, as its OHKOed by basically anything anyways. And Focus Sash is pretty much a given for me due to that last fact.

Váli (Arceus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw
- Swords Dance

Váli, the god of revenge. And boy does EKiller Arceus love Revenge Killing. Not much to say as anyone who has played Uber for more than one match can attest the strength of this set. Life Orb for extra Oomph behind the STAB Extreme Speed that has, due to its Adamant Nature, a chance of killing Yveltal and Mega Mew2X if at +2.

The thing that's a little unusual should be it's EV spread and nature. In Short: I've given up on trying to outspeed Gengar pre-MegaEvolution as 11 out of 10 sets run protect anyway. That's why I've opted for increased bulk and firepower while still being able to outspeed Jolly Rayquaza.

Týr (Yveltal) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 132 HP / 28 Atk / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Rash Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
- Heat Wave

The God of war and the skies. It's one of the few pokemon that can take PDon one on one. I generally use it in order to weaken the opposing team for my sweepers or let it deal with ghost and psychic types.

The set should be something very familiar as i've copied it 1 to 1 from the Strategy Pokédex, not gonna lie there. But I just don't see a reason to change it. Wanna have a quick run-down anyway? Oblivion Wing as a Strong STAB and Healing move. Dark Pulse as an Aura-boosted STAB. Sucker Punch to kill / damage faster threats (however there's often some mind games involved). And lastly Heat Wave as coverage for the rare pesky klefki or other steel types. Life Orb over Black Glasses because I need that extra Power to ensure a kill on Geomancy Xerneas with Oblivion Wing + Sucker Punch + another priority move. Also I just think it's the better choice overall.

Playing this with a defensive set would also be an option but... just not my style.

Yggdrasil (Xerneas) @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 176 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Geomancy

The name Yggdrasil may be a little ironic since this beast of a fairy brings everything but life to the opponents team, but due to Xerneas' lore i thought it would be fitting anyway.

To quote the StrategyDex: "The Geomancy set shapes the metagame around it, being one of the most dangerous albeit prepared-for sets in the tier." I couldn't agree more. Everyone runs some check or counter against exactly this set. But once you manage to eliminate those, it's basically gg. Therefore this is my ideal late-game sweeper. That can also be quite usefull for double-switches.

Now on to the set, as I run some... unconventional coverage moves. Moonblast and Geomancy should be clear. Grass Knot because it hits PDon just as hard as Focus Blast, but has a very good chance to OHKO Defensive Primal Kyogre and, more importantly, has full accuracy. HP Rock is in order to hit the birds and, now it comes, to have a 56% chance to OHKO your run of the mill Ho-Oh that's EVd to survive a +2 Xerneas Thunder.

The rest should be pretty clear. The slight deviations from the StratDex are in order to accomodate for HP Rock. Speaking of - When importing this set, you'll have to put the IVs of ATK back to 31 as Showdown has some problems choosing the correct set.

Óðinn (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Óðinn. The God of Gods. Y'know, lorewise this title should've gone to Arceus. But as the meta now stands, with PDon on basically every team, it is more than justified to take this crown.

It's my Stealth Rock Setter, my main Xernes Counter and Sweeper-Annoyer. Oh, and it can generally hit pretty hard as well with STAB Precipice Blades. I've opted for a more deffensive Para-Flinch set which I personally dread to play against. Otherwise nothing special except for the 4 Spe for the rare occasion of outspeeding base 90 mons with absolutely no investment at all.

Hel (Giratina-Origin) @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 Def / 244 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Hex
- Toxic
- Defog

The Queen of the Underworld is the Defogger of my team. Not only that, but she also checks PDon formidably. She also has some great physical bulk while being immune to normal, fight and ground, 3 very prominent Attack-types in the tier, and is able to retaliate with a STAB Draco Meteor or (hopefully) BP120 Hex. I chose Toxic over TWave as Toxic renders Lugia, which I had lots of problems before, nigh useless. The rest should be pretty standard.

The Performance

In the 3 weeks of playing with the different iterations of this team (and uber in general) I noticed a couple of things. Either this team or I am really weak against stall teams. I just can't beat them. However, that could also be attributed to me becoming tilted really easily. I also lose quite often to unorthodox sets, probably due to my inexperience tho. Nevertheless, as a new player I'm all in all very happy with this team's performance having hit 1600 and thus the Top 500 several times.

Closing Words

Again, thanks for reading through all of this. I really appreciate it and am grateful for any criticism that I get. And what is there else to say other than: Good Luck and Have Fun!

Importable

Loki (Deoxys-Attack) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Rash Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Ice Beam
- Extreme Speed

Váli (Arceus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw
- Swords Dance

Týr (Yveltal) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 132 HP / 28 Atk / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Rash Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
- Heat Wave

Yggdrasil (Xerneas) @ Power Herb
EVs: 176 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Geomancy

Óðinn (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Hel (Giratina-Origin) @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 Def / 244 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hex
- Toxic
- Defog

Hi there, your team looks pretty solid and I'd like to give you a rate which will help you make it even better!

I assume you already know how strong and threatening
can be, but the item you're running on it doesnt let you get the best out of it as an offensive pokemon, thats why i suggest you to run Life Orb so that when Deoxys attacks he deals even more damage, specially his STAB move, Psycho Boost, which now should be able to OHKO standard support SpD primal Groudon:
+ SpA Life Orb Deoxys-A Psycho Boost vs. 252 HP / 200 SpD Primal Groudon: 370-437 (91.5 - 108.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Now, regarding
, I'd suggest you to run the Rest Sleep Talk set, which works as a status absorber while also handling dark spam which could be troublesome for your team.
Continuing with the rest, in my opinion you dont really need a deffoger, as most of your mons are offensive, Giratina-o doesn't fits there as it makes your team lose offensive momentum which is why i would suggest running
over Gira-O. Mega Salamence will give better synergy to your team since after a Dragon Dance it deals huge damage, the set im suggesting runs Facade which works best vs Ho-oh who can burn your salamence with Sacred Fire.
Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Def / 96 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Facade
- Double-Edge
- Roost

To finish my rate, I would suggest you to run Knock Off over Heat Wave on
, which can help vs Xerneas predicting the switch and taking off its item. This also works vs klefki as you're taking off leftovers and dealing about 41% of damage.

Hope I helped, good luck with your team~

Last edited:

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello, I'm here to give you a rate. Arii's Mence suggestion is fine, but I'll give you a different perspective.

My immediate concerns are how this (largely) offensive team utilizes Gira-O, P Don, and Yveltal. I'd also consider Mega Salamence and Xerneas somewhat annoying to handle. The first doesn't have that many setup opportunities, but you're forced to rely on physical priority to take it down, which won't work if Mence got a decently comfortable setup. You can try to check it with with Gira-O or Sash Deo-A, but both of these are highly circumstantial (first fails when chipped at all, second fails if hazards or the sash was already consumed). As for Xerneas you've got a specially defensive Primal Groudon and an EKiller, but you've also got two Pokemon that it forces out (Yveltal and Gira-O). Specs is especially annoying because of how it readily outspeeds your Fairy weaknesses and just lays too much damage into Primal Groudon.

My take on this build is to focus on integrating Yveltal and Primal Groudon more into the offensive structure. If you want an offensive Hex mon and EKiller check, Mega Gengar can substitute for Giratina-O. Although the Fairy resist it brings is superficial, it's better than having a mon that gives Xern additional room. Mega Gengar itself helps to justify Yveltal use here. You can now run a pivot move on Yveltal, perhaps even with a choice item, to provide opportunities for your other offensive Pokemon to come in. Mega Gengar has essentially replaced Deoxys-A as the fast special attacker and wallbreaker.

Because of this, the team needs to replace Deoxys-A with something that can re-assume Giratina-O's previous role of support + general damage sponge. Dialga makes the most sense, because it retains the Water resist, can still throw Toxic around, and allows the Primal Groudon set to take on a more offensive role. While the immediate loss is Defog support (the resulting team has one SR weak and is much more offensive), there is value gained in having a much more solid Mega Salamence check and a non P Don Stealth Rock setter. From here, run a double dance Primal Groudon. Not sure I really agree with the use of Grass Knot on Xerneas. Both of your coverage options are tuned to hit only two, albeit very relevant targets. Just keep in mind that Focus Blast does have targets other than Primal Groudon.

Summary:
- Run this Mega Gengar over Giratina-O
Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp
- Focus Blast
- Hex
- Run this Dialga over Deoxys-A
Dialga @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Flash Cannon
- Draco Meteor
- Run this Primal Groudon set
Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 152 HP / 236 Atk / 44 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Precipice Blades
- Run U-turn over Heat Wave on Yveltal
- Consider running a Choice Yveltal set
- Consider running Focus Blast over Grass Knot on Xerneas

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)