XY OU Rain Team (Wanting opinions and advice)

Okay ive been testing a bunch of rain teams with different variants and i love kingdra its my signature pokemon. so i decided to build a rain team utilizing kingdra. so heres the team and why i put what i put.

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Hypnosis
- Rain Dance

The rain inducer, i chose a bulky set to switch in and out keeping rain up. Scald is the main move of course. Burn chance works 30% of the time, all the time with the 50% hits pretty hard. ice beam to for coverage. hypnosis is an uncommon move i chose because of the forced switches even if it misses that tells the opponent if they want to risk getting slept or not just mind games. rain dance was once endeavor it worked well but i kept running into ttar so on the switch i rain dance to force another switch unless the want to be burned.

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 224 HP / 212 SpA / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Focus Blast
- Heal Bell
- Dragon Pulse

first thing people will say is why speed evs well its to outspeed banded azumarill with thunder and guarantee an ohko after stealth rock and some other threats to revenge kill them. its main purpose is to spam thunder as its main attack and deal massive damage to anything that doesnt resist. also a counter to banded talonflame which are the 2 pokemon i wanted to keep pressure on. Focus blast another coverage move good for hitting ferrothorn,heatran,and tyranitar that think they can switch in for free. dragon pulse gives great coverage.

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 132 HP / 160 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Focus Blast
- U-turn

I chose tornadus standard set because it has good speed and can scout with u-turn while getting healed and to hit mega venusaur and other bulky grass types very hard with hurricane. knock off great move. focus blast to catch steel types switching in.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed

my stealth rocker and needed wall to stop fairy and dragon types. gyro ball and power whip very good along with leech seed it helps my team chip off dmage while getting a bit of recovery.

Crawdaunt @ Mystic Water
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Another abuser of rain crawdaunt very powerful with crabhammer in rain not much to say other than break down the defense however crawdaunt is rather frail and most of the time is outsped so i invested only in hp and atk just to increase its lifespan. aqua jet very helpful under rain to revenge kill. i chose mystic water over choice band just to keep its water attacks hitting hard and to bluff the choice band.

Kingdra @ Mystic Water
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]

kingdra the main attacker capable of plowing through teams under rain with hydro pump even resists get hurt badly. i chose the mystic water again because of hydro pump + draco meteor this combo gets rid of alot of threats on switches. the ability to switch attacks at will is powerful trait to have in case of a dire situation where i cannot take a risk so surf is there to assure a ko and to trick opposing ferrothorn to switch into hydro pump and ko with hidden power fire aswell as hit venusaur hard before its evolves. i didnt choose life orb because of passive damage switching into stealth rock,spikes,and taking life orb damage adds up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)