Raising Hell (An UPDATED OU team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I constructed this team a while ago and it had been tested quite a bit, now I want your opinions! How does the team look? Where is there room for improvement? How is the synergy? (Note: I do not want to change the team dramaticly or unnesesarily, so I will not be changing Pokemon unless it is an obvious choice, providing better synergy to the team.)

The Lead

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Shard

My Stealth Rocker as well as an offensive threat, Mamoswine hammers down whatever it wants. Whilst the team does not need the offensive pressure Mamoswine brings, it still welcomes it with open arms. However, Mamoswine's main purpose is Stealth Rocks. I chose Focus Sash here because it guarantees Mamoswine to get up stealth rock, and tear down the enemy team. The EV spread allows Mamoswine to take a hit well, and get up the rocks, or hit something hard. Oblivious helps to guarantee Mamoswine to get up rocks. Stealth Rock is very self explanatory, the hazard that Mamoswine's only purpose is to get up, putting immense pressure on the opponent's team as a result. EQ is a pretty standard STAB on Mamoswine, decimating any grounded opponent. Threats like Heatran, Mega Mawile, and Scizor all die or are damaged significantly by his earthquake. Stone Edge is a move that lets me hit opponents up high, destroying enemy Talonflame, Togekiss and Mandibuzz. Ice Shard is another powerful STAB for Mamoswine to play with, destroying enemy dragons, and providing nice priority clean up for anything that didn't die to Mamoswine's previous powerful attacks. All in all, Mamoswine is a critical aspect to this team.

The Wrecker of Houses

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball

Aegislash, oh Aegislash. This monster effectively has the BST of Arceus if used correctly, and I know how to use it correctly. I originally used the standard physical set, then I moved on to a special set, because Rotom-W is pretty irritating, and after reading around for a bit, I decided to jump on the most current trend of a Specially biased Weakness Policy Aegislash. This set is truly devastating, and hammers everything hard. It's defenses let me take almost any super effective hit and live with around 30%, after which it becomes simply a shitstorm of Flash Cannon, Shadow Ball and Shadow Sneak. The EV spread is typical, specially biased. Flash Cannon annihalates opposing Fairies such as Togekiss, Azumarill and Aromatisse. Shadow Sneak lets me ravage opposing Aegislash, Gengar, Reuniclus, and anything that is at low-ish hp. King's Shield is the ace in the hole for Aegislash's longevity, serving to get me back into shield forme, hopefully punishing physical attackers at the same time. Shadow Ball is my final STAB move, wrecking enemy Skarmory, Gengar, Aegislash and pretty much anything this death machine wants too. Overall, Aegislash is a major asset to the team, destroying potential conters to my sweepers, and sometimes, sweeping itself.

The Destroyer of Worlds

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 HP / 216 SAtk / 236 Spd
Rash Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

This guy... Yup, this guy. Kyurem-B's low usage is criminal. This thing was Ubers in the Gen 5 era, and it came down here to wreck shit. When this thing gets up his substitute, he can kill several pokemon without even taking damage. Leftovers allows him to regain his hp back from his subs, and serves to increase his longeity. Teravolt says fuck you! nope to any pokemon the can absorb his powerful Fusion Bolt. Earth Power lets Kyurem-B annihalate opposing Rotom-W, whilst being safe from it's Will-O-Wisp thanks to Starmie. Fusion Bolt knocks opposing waters and flying types out of the sky, such as Togekiss, Talonflame, Kingdra, Rotom-W, etc. Ice Beam is a very welcomed move on this beast. Destroying enemy Garchomp, Salamence, and pretty much any flying, ground or grass type. Substitute is what truly makes this thing dangerous though, as he can come in, force a switch, get up the sub, and then destroy pokes 1 by 1 as they try to break it. Overall, Kyurem-B is a destroyer, thoroughly slaughtering anything that tries to stop it. Why this thing is OU, I don't know, but I love it.

Destroyer of Worlds mk.2 (Even more badass)

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance

So, you finally finished off Kyurem-B, and you're feeling pretty good, NOPE. Here comes this fucker to ruin your day. Mega Mawile, sporting even higher attack then Kyurem-B, and twice the destructive power. My main sweeper, Mega Mawile is easily my favorite pokemon, simply because of it's overwhelming power. Your pokemon is heavily damaged after Kyurem's death march through the motherfucking sky! your piss poor little team, and what now? Something more powerful. It waltzes right in, lowers your attack real quick, and proceeds to mega evolve into the best physical attacker the game has to offer. Using swords dance as your scared-as-fuck mon either switches out or tries to hit it, immediately becoming a devastating threat.The EV spread gives M-Mawile the bulk it needs to stay in for a long time, and absorb any outsped priority hits that come it's way. So, you see this beast get off a swords dance, and you try to get it out of there, NOPE. This beast sucker punches you into next week. You see your best mon get a sucker punch to the everything, and you hit it with something priority. NOPE, this thing eats it right up and plays so rough with that ass that you cant walk for a month. Fire Fang shits on anything named Scizor or Ferrothorn. Overall, Mega Mawile is what this entire team is based around, and it is the most threatening aspect this team can offer.

Nope.avi

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Rest
- Will-O-Wisp

So, by some miracle you managed to take out all the above pokes, you might be feeling pretty good, might go grab a few beers. But then this fucker kicks down the door and a haunted washing machine rapes the rest of your team. The EV spread is pretty standard, a defensive Rotom-W, a nice pivot. It can dish out damage, and take damage pretty well. Volt switch is the main momentum grabbing move here, sending in a counter to whatever poke the enemy has on the field, maybe even scoring a KO while your at it. Hydro Pump is the main death machine though, dealing hellish amounts of damage, and being able to OHKO significant threats. Will-O-Wisp lets Rotom cripple enemy physical attackers, cleaning up for the destroyers of worlds to come in. Chesto-Resto lets Rotom sleep off the damage it accumulates, and increase its longevity. In conclusion, while not the most dangerous aspect to this team, Rotom-W is definitely not to be overlooked.

Spinner of Hazards

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump

Enter the last pokemon on the team, Starmie. Starmie does not see much action because, well, the opponents team is usually defeated before Starmie becomed needed. As such, Starmie has not recieved as much testing as I would've liked it too. However, Starmie is a critical aspect to the team, acting as support for Kyurem-B and Mega Mawile by spinning away hazards that Kyurem-B hates with a passion, as well as absorbing any Will-O-Wisp that comes his way. Starmie's EV spread is pretty standard, a fast special sweeper. Rapid spin serves it's obvious purpose, spinning hazards away. Thunderbolt is a nice, powerful coverage move to knock down enemies that threaten the rest of the team. Ice Beam is yet more destruction for opposing dragons, as well as the occasional grass type that ruins Starmie's day. Hydro Pump is pretty standard as well, a powerful water type STAB that wrecks the enemy. Overall, while not the largest offensive threat, Starmie takes a critical support role, and is an absolute must for this team.

Let's take a quick look at the largest threats the meta has to offer (S through to A+), and see how the team deals with them;

Aegislash and Mamoswine are effective checks

Very problematic for the team, Starmie and Mamoswine help, to some extent

Easier to deal with, Starmie and Mamoswine tear it apart

Very easy to deal with, the entire team can hurt it pretty badly

Easy to deal with, Mamoswine and Kyurem keep it at bay

A Rank: Reserved for Pokemon who can sweep or wall significant portions of the metagame, but require some support or have some flaws that prevents them from doing this consistently. Supporting Pokemon in this rank may give opponents free turns or cannot create free turns easily themselves, but can still do their job most of the time
A+

Mamoswine is an effective counter or check. Situational, really.

Checked or countered by Mamoswine, Kyurem and Mawile

Easily stopped

Hard countered by Kyurem, Mawile, Starmie, Mamoswine

Countered by Mamoswine

Countered by Kyurem, Mamoswine, Mawile

Countered or checked by Starmie, Mamoswine, Kyurem-B

Countered by Starmie, Mamoswine, Kyurem

Countered by Kyurem, Starmie

Countered easily by Kyurem, save for Will-O-Wisp

The majority of the team damages it heavily

Countered by Mamoswine, Checked by Starmie

Shakily checked by Starmie, Kyurem, still problematic

So, that's the team! Raters, come one come all, help me make this team into an impenetrable death machine!!!

Importable:​
Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Shard

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Rash Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Rest
- Will-O-Wisp

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump

Replays:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XGUmZLpwGJjEjTjy6vBfgSGgjRfFo1unoSzctRCgDCo/edit?usp=sharing

Changelog: 11/3/14 Replaced Brick Break for Iron Head on Mawile, Replaced Mild for Quiet on Aegislash, Replaced Thunder for Thunderbolt on Starmie.
17/3/14 Replaced Iron Head for Fire Fang on Mawile, Replaced the Kyurem-B set with dragon_poop's set.
19/3/14 Starmie is now running Natural Cure, after testing it was determined that it would be the better choice. The OP has been updated with the above changes, as well as the checks and counters portion recieving a minor update, with more to come. As well, the replays have now been moved to a Google Document, and I will be saving all replays here. Aegislash now has 0 IV's in speed.
25/3/14 Mamoswine is now Oblivious.
27/3/14 OP has been updated with Mega Mawile's set.​

Last edited:

Max Carvalho

Que os jogos comecem
I dont see too much to change. Maybe iron head in place of brick break (I am talking about mawile)? Starmie doesnt like thunder imperfect accuracy so, unless you usually doesnt miss it, replace for thunderbolt. Very good team you have here :)

Keep in mind im not the most experienced player only about 1450 on the ladder (not too shabby for playing for a week though) and i really like part of your team but i feel like you have other parts that arent optimal.

I just watched all the games you posted and while your opponents made a ton of mistakes a few things stuck out to me:

You say you only really use mamoswine for rocks, but what if theres a defogger? i feel like if you just want someone to set up rocks there are much better candidates for the job. Ideally i think youd want a pokemon that could come back in and either tank hits, pressure more offensively, or what have you. If you just want someone to set up hazards and be a punching bag until they fall over id go with Deox- D.

Rotom W and Aegislash i think are good. They also (with Kyurem) seemed to do the bulk of the work for the team.

Mega Mawile isnt my favorite mega but i think he can work here and his typing / moves do complement Kyurems wallbreaking.

Starmie wouldnt be my choice, also thunder is no bueno if it isnt raining so id switch to thunderbolt or some other coverage move.

Basically id replace mamoswine and starmie with someone else: my choice would be a physically bulky Landorous T for mamoswine and Latias for starmie.

i'm not too good at Pokemon, but i generally know what i'm doing. after playing with this team for a while, I've noticed there aren't really many good counters to water types. the only ones that can stand a chance against water types are Rotom-w and starmie. all other pokemon are destroyed by water types. rotom and starmie do a pretty good job at hurting them with volt switch and thunderbolt, but when they have a water-ground, it can easily sweep the entire team. and being a noob, i dont know how to counter this.

also, consider leftovers on the aegislash to make it a little more durable.

there aren't really many good counters to water types. the only ones that can stand a chance against water types are Rotom-w and starmie. all other pokemon are destroyed by water types. rotom and starmie do a pretty good job at hurting them with volt switch and thunderbolt, but when they have a water-ground, it can easily sweep the entire team. and being a noob, i dont know how to counter this.
I am not sure if water is troubling to this team, but if Quaggy and friends give you trouble like tre says, you could use Grass knot > Hydro pump.
Ferrothorn walls this team bar Shadow balls.
So definitely Fire Fang > Iron Head
Also, do try this Kyurem set:

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Rash Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire] > Earth Power > Outrage

Outrage gives you power. Ya but I think you need coverage more. Starmie, Swine, and Mawile take care of opposing dragons.
HP fire baits scizors for BP but is OHKO'd after rocks, and ferro (2hko).
With SpAtk investment, you now have a chance to 2hko mega saur as well.
IDK about the atk and speed EVs so maybe you could play around with it. I copied the EVs.
The HP EVs give it enough HP to avoid having its Substitute being broken by a single Night Shade or Seismic Toss, which allows it to set up on things like Deoxys-D and Chansey/Blissey.

If you prefer HP on Kyube, then go with Brick Break > Iron head on Mawile.
I suggest you to test max speed on Mawile to outspeed SpDef Heatran and OHKO it after a SD.

Last edited:
I wanna see the replay with starmie that counter mega Ttar.
And another thing: what happen when u are against Rotom max def and sableye? They can shut down megawile/kyurem/bishar/mamo with wow. U don't have a status assorber: this is why u should run natural cure on starmie

Last edited:
Also, Mamo does not counter sharp or tran, as offensive tran can KO on the switch w/ lava plume and sharp can iron head on the switch and then sucker punch. also, kyurem cannot counter rotom thanks to being susceptible to
Will-O-Wisp on the switch. I suggest you learn what a counter is.

EDIT: sorry for rudeness in post, it was a bad day for me.

Last edited:
i'm not too good at Pokemon, but i generally know what i'm doing. after playing with this team for a while, I've noticed there aren't really many good counters to water types. the only ones that can stand a chance against water types are Rotom-w and starmie. all other pokemon are destroyed by water types. rotom and starmie do a pretty good job at hurting them with volt switch and thunderbolt, but when they have a water-ground, it can easily sweep the entire team. and being a noob, i dont know how to counter this.

also, consider leftovers on the aegislash to make it a little more durable.
There are several counters to water on this team, namely Rotom-W, Starmie and Kyurem-B. Water-Ground sweeps are something that have never occured to this team. As well, the Aegislash set is a Specially Biased Weakness Policy set. I suggest that you read the entire RMT before commenting.

Also, Mamo does not counter sharp or tran, as offensive tran can KO on the switch w/ lava plume and sharp can iron head on the switch and then sucker punch. also, kyurem cannot counter rotom thanks to being susceptible to
Will-O-Wisp on the switch. I suggest you learn what a counter is.
Thank you for you reply. I did not realize my mistake on that, and it has been updated.

I wanna see the replay with starmie that counter mega Ttar.
And another thing: what happen when u are against Rotom max def and sableye? They can shut down megawile/kyurem/bishar/mamo with wow. U don't have a status assorber: this is why u should run natural cure on starmie
Your first point has been addressed in the above reply, and your second point got me thinking. I decided to reverse on my decision to keep Starmie Analytic, and I have since changed to Natural Cure.

I am not sure if water is troubling to this team, but if Quaggy and friends give you trouble like tre says, you could use Grass knot > Hydro pump.
Ferrothorn walls this team bar Shadow balls.
So definitely Fire Fang > Iron Head
Also, do try this Kyurem set:

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Rash Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire] > Earth Power > Outrage

Outrage gives you power. Ya but I think you need coverage more. Starmie, Swine, and Mawile take care of opposing dragons.
HP fire baits scizors for BP but is OHKO'd after rocks, and ferro (2hko).
With SpAtk investment, you now have a chance to 2hko mega saur as well.
IDK about the atk and speed EVs so maybe you could play around with it. I copied the EVs.
The HP EVs give it enough HP to avoid having its Substitute being broken by a single Night Shade or Seismic Toss, which allows it to set up on things like Deoxys-D and Chansey/Blissey.

If you prefer HP on Kyube, then go with Brick Break > Iron head on Mawile.
I suggest you to test max speed on Mawile to outspeed SpDef Heatran and OHKO it after a SD.
Thank you so much for your reply! I have updated the OP with your set, and it has worked wonders for me! I will commence testing with Max speed on Mega Mawile soon!

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey.

I can see what you delete, so you can stop to post a bump and delete it just to post a new one over and over.
Thread locked (and it won't be unlocked).

Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)