Rarely Used (RU) Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly, Yanmega is the best sweeper of RU and it should go up to UU soon, because it's almost impossible stop it safely. It's really broken.
I don't think Yanmega is the best sweeper in the tier, but it is certainly the most broken one.

If Yanmega is broken, doesn't that mean every sweeper better than it is also broken?
What I'm saying is the word "best" is a subjective term. I personally don't think Yanmega is the best sweeper in the tier. It has a crippling weakness to Stealth Rocks, and I find relatively easy to take down. Speed Boost Yanmega can be picked off with a strong priority move, and the Specs ones are taken down with a Scarfer.

95 Base Speed isn't amazing, SpecsLens are taken down by anything with 100 base speed or more. However, the broken-ness of Yanmega kicks in, as you can't bring the poke with the high speed in without dying, or at least taking a huge chunk.

SpecsMega from my experience is extremely effective when you use it right, and it severely injures (or flat-out murders) most of the metagame; only Munchlax can come in with any hint of safety.

SpecsMega from my experience is extremely effective when you use it right, and it severely injures (or flat-out murders) most of the metagame; only Munchlax can come in with any hint of safety.
That's if you use it right, but most people slap Specs on him and expect him to rape without predicting properly.

Actually, Banded ExtremeSpeed never OHKO´s Yanmega without Stealth Rock, doing around 60 to 70% if I remember correctly, while tinted lens specs Bug Buzz OHKOs Entei with Rocks... IMO, Specs Tinted Lens is much more dangerous than Speed Boost variants as they are more easily walled.

Is it just me, or has there been a decrease in Smash Passing teams? I haven't seen a lot of them in the past week or so.

Is it just me, or has there been a decrease in Smash Passing teams? I haven't seen a lot of them in the past week or so.
This surprises me, frankly. I made a SmashPass team that got to 7th on the ladder in like an hour, and I even posted an RMT of it. Apparently nobody read that RMT lol.

I think it can probably be attributed to everybody focusing on the insect king of the ancient skies for their offensive needs. Slap him on your team and watch things die.

I think it can probably be attributed to everybody focusing on the insect king of the ancient skies for their offensive needs. Slap him on your team and watch things die.
Thats even more reason for SmashPass. SpecsLens Yanmega with +2 speed and sp. atk? Yea. Shit's gonna go down.

The thing is he doesn't even need Smashpass to do his job, but yes, Yanmega with Smashpass would be scary. You might as well forfeit.

Then it would be better Life Orb Yanmega imo. Moltres, for example, could lay off.
Modest SpecsLens Yanmega's Bug Buzz after a SmashPass does 46-55% to Calm max HP/ max Sp. Def Moltres. Your argument is invalid.

EDIT: And Air Slash does 78-92% to the same Moltres.

Err you do know that rock is neutrally effective against rock so Stone Edge would be super effective against magcargo. And Magcargo isn't amazingly bulky either...

I doubt Magcargo could take a CB Entei's stone edge or two.

I'm somewhat afraid of CB Entei's Flare Blitz considering it can easily destroy most of my team. But I can beat it pretty easily with my Slowking even if they use Stone Edge. I could also revenge it with my Galvantula.

Thick Fat Miltank can be a gimmicky CB Entei counter. It has good physical bulk and can use earthquake to beat it and then heal with Milk Drink whenever you need it. Although Earthquake isn't really that useful outside of killing Entei.

Thick Fat Miltank can be a gimmicky CB Entei counter. It has good physical bulk and can use earthquake to beat it and then heal with Milk Drink whenever you need it. Although Earthquake isn't really that useful outside of killing Entei.
So you're saying that pretty much standard Miltank is a gimmick...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)