Other Rate and/or edit my "AG singles" team please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going for a "singles" 6 Pokemon team in the AG tier. I am an absolute noob and this is my first team I've ever attempted to create. My knowledge of battling is about a 0.01 on a scale from 0 to 10. So...here's my team so far:

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- V-create

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Toxic
- Haze
- Recover

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 144 HP / 156 Atk / 56 SpD / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Tomb
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

Xerneas @ Power Herb

Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 168 Def / 252 SpA / 90 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

First let me note a few things...

1. I am not trying to win any cash tournament or anything with this team. I'm only building it so I can battle online and win the majority of the time.

2. I am not willing to swap out any of the 4 mentioned Pokemon, though I am willing to swap anything else about them (Moves, EVs, Nature, Item, Ability)

3. If you suggest I swap any of the current Pokemon's attributes, or if you suggest I add (an) additional Pokemon, please give an explanation as to the why. I would greatly appreciate it.

4. Even though I only plan to play this team online, please offer advice as if you are imagining I am going to be battling against players that know what they're doing with teams of similar strength.

5. Lastly, if and when you do offer advice, please assume you are explaining it to an 8 year old child (Not literally, but you get the point). I can't stress how noob I am. For example, I still have only about 80% of type-strengths and weaknesses memorized and I *certainly* do not know the types of over 70% of Pokemon, and I don't know most of the available competitive moves of well over 90% of Pokemon.

In summary, if you do suggest an entire team to me, I'm not asking for a novel written on how it should be played, but please at least give me the jist of the strategy. (Which Pokemon I should throw out first, what setup I should start with / what moves to start with, what type of Pokemon I should fear enough to swap out my starting Pokemon etc)

PS: If anyone has a link to a "Competitive Pokemon Battling 101 Guide" that is easily understandable and thorough, (Not a team building guide) please link away. I've been looking far and wide for one and all of the ones I seem to have found are only about 1-2 pages long at the very most, and they only explain the extremely obvious (Such as not using an entire team of x4 Ice-weak pseudo-legendaries, or explaining that it's important to diversify my team's typing, etc).

I know I'm asking a lot here but I have to start somewhere. Thanks in advance everyone. =)

Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide in-depth descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Reactions: Sun
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)