SM RU rate my first bulky offensive team

this team is focused around the pokemon milotic and i only came up with the idea because of how much i love the pokemon. i have always love this pokemon's design but could never get a team that works around it. so here is my first attempt at one that i am satisfied with.

Milotic@leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
-Scald
-Recover
-Haze
-Refresh/Ice Beam

Here the only role milotic serves is to support its team. It does this by applying pressure to pokemon like alligator and curse lax. I also think that refresh is better because you don't want Milotic getting toxic on it but rather burn to activate marvel scale though you lose some coverage over ice beam

Arcanine@Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Flare Blitz
-Wild Charge
-Extreme Speed
-Morning Sun

Arcanine purpose on this team is for grass support to because grass types would be more common. he also helps take down special walls by attacking on the physical side. Arcanine could also be consider a wall break and is the only DPS on the entire team.

Roserade@Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Spikes
-Sludge Bomb
-Leaf Storm
-Hidden Power Fire

Roserade is here to add spikes support and also help with Milotic's grass weakness. I put technician instead of nature cure so that Hp fire would be a lot stronger. Then with life orb if you can't lay spikes Roserade would not be useless

Cresselia@Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Bold Nature
-Moonlight
-Psyshock
-Ice Beam
-Toxic

Cresselia is here to beat pokemon like salazzle and to spread toxic damage. It can also help defend against grass poison/fighting types. and is your all round just your basic wall

Umbreon@Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
-Moonlight
-Toxic
-Heal Bell
-Foul Play

Umbreon is just here as a special wall and also to help heal the rest of the team for status you don't want. it is also there so you can try and stall with toxic and to help with the zero psychic type coverage on this team. Umbreon is here to help support Cresselia from ghost types.

Rotom-Fan@Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
-Volt Switch
-Air Slash
-Will-O-Wisp
-Defog

lastly the only reason for Rotom-Fan is that when testing out this team i notice i need hazard control. so i chose Rotom-Fan because it help again counter grass types also bugs for Cresselia. then lastly if can deal with physical attackers by burning them and can keep momentum with volt switch

that is all and i hope i can get some good feedback from you all

Introduction
Hello rellcmaster37 I just want to address the team first by telling you that this is not stall and is closer to Bulky Offense than Balance as well so I have decided to make some changes in order to make this team a better fit for Bulky Offense. Milotic is a Pokemon I've always found to be cool as well and even though it has seen better days in RU it has its uses so I'm going to keep the team solely built around making Milotic as useful as possible. I also really like the Fire, Water, Grass core you got going on as well so I'll keep that in mind with the changes.

Major Changes
>
/

Florges can compress both Rotom-Fan and Umbreons roles on the team into one Pokemon being able to make use of Heal Bell and Defog for the team, It is less hazard weak than Rotom-Fan and offers more offensive pressure than Umbreon. Florges can take on the same Grass- and Bug-types that Rotom-Fan is able to such as Virizion and Golisopod mainly but also has the natural SpDef to take on Mega Sceptile, Shaymin and Rotom-Mow. Grass-type Pokemon that threaten Florges such as Roserade, Mega Abomasnow, and Venusaur pressure Rotom-Fan just as much and can be covered by other Pokemon on the team. It also beats the best Ghost-type Pokemon in the tier Mismagius which you wanted Umbreon to also do.
Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Moonblast
- Synthesis
- Heal Bell

+

With the extra slot on your team freed up by the removal of both Umbreon and Rotom-Fan, A Stealth Rock user is 100% necessary on all good teams so it makes sense to add something that can get up Stealth Rock and also act as a Toxic user to help wear down to the opposition similar to what you hoped for Umbreon to do. That's why Registeel works well in this role. It can additionally take on Fairy-type Pokemon that Umbreon was unable to do as easily such as Florges and Gardevoir.
Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Calm Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

With these additions the team is made weaker to Pokemon Ground- and Steel-type Pokemon but with the rest of the team being as bulky and reliable as it is Pokemon like Milotic and Cresselia can make up for it defensively. Offensively both Roserade and Arcanine can take on these types of Pokemon as well.

Minor Changes

Milotic @ leftovers
Bold Nature
-Scald
-Recover
-Haze
-Refresh/Ice Beam / Toxic

Haze is only necessary for Snorlax now that Feraligatr is gone from the tier but that doesn't make it any less important. What is less important is Ice Beam as you have it on Cresselia, Florges helps vs Dragon-type Pokemon, and Arcanine helps vs Grass-type Pokemon. Scald is useful still for Ground-type Pokemon that Ice Beam wouldn't have been needed for. Toxic, on the other hand, is very useful versus bulkier Pokemon that want to come in such as Slowbro, Mantine etc as you are able to cripple them on a switch.

Arcanine @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire / Intimidate
Jolly Nature
-Flare Blitz
-Wild Charge / Will-o-Wisp / Toxic
-Extreme Speed
-Morning Sun

This is a pretty standard set that I'd like to keep the same on the team but to give you as many options as possible on a team like this I would say that a more defensive set with Leftovers, Intimidate, and a Status move could work really well on a more defensive team with Milotic and Roserade able to come in on bulky Water-type Pokemon Wild Charge isn't 100% needed where as Toxic can cripple them on the switch and Will-o with Intimidate can stop physical attackers in their tracks.

Roserade @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
-Spikes / Synthesis
-Sludge Bomb
-Leaf Storm
-Hidden Power Fire

As it is a more defensive team I think that an option for you to use is Synthesis as it allows Roserade to stick around for longer. This isn't a needed change much like Arcanine's set but with how defensive the team is, it doesn't take advantage of forcing removal and doesn't pressure removal as much anyway. Life Orb can rack up damage on Roserade and without any recovery it can be widdled down by Life Orb recoil on checks and coming in on hazards also harms its longevity.

Cresselia @ Leftovers / Psychium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD / EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Bold Nature
-Moonlight
-Psyshock
-Ice Beam
-Toxic / Calm Mind

Cresselia is a really good Pokemon and checks a hell of a lot of things. With Z move it is able to take on Knock Off users better in the tier, like Guts Machamp and Tsareena. The Speed is massively important on Cresselia as it has to be able to outspeed Pokemon like Honchkrow and Bewear. It's natural bulk does not need to be as boosted as its speed does to get success. Calm Mind can be used over Toxic as it pairs well with Z move and recovery, although Toxic is also really good on Cresselia so I'd use both and see which you prefer.

Conclusion

I linked each sets separate import on their sprites so you can pick and choose what you want to take. However, I feel like with this new team set up you will find yourself having more success overall. I also made sure to let you know what I think 100% should be changed and what can work as other options so make sure to tweak the team around and see what works for you! Have fun and hope this helps!

Introduction
Hello rellcmaster37 I just want to address the team first by telling you that this is not stall and is closer to Bulky Offense than Balance as well so I have decided to make some changes in order to make this team a better fit for Bulky Offense. Milotic is a Pokemon I've always found to be cool as well and even though it has seen better days in RU it has its uses so I'm going to keep the team solely built around making Milotic as useful as possible. I also really like the Fire, Water, Grass core you got going on as well so I'll keep that in mind with the changes.

Major Changes
>
/

Florges can compress both Rotom-Fan and Umbreons roles on the team into one Pokemon being able to make use of Heal Bell and Defog for the team, It is less hazard weak than Rotom-Fan and offers more offensive pressure than Umbreon. Florges can take on the same Grass- and Bug-types that Rotom-Fan is able to such as Virizion and Golisopod mainly but also has the natural SpDef to take on Mega Sceptile, Shaymin and Rotom-Mow. Grass-type Pokemon that threaten Florges such as Roserade, Mega Abomasnow, and Venusaur pressure Rotom-Fan just as much and can be covered by other Pokemon on the team. It also beats the best Ghost-type Pokemon in the tier Mismagius which you wanted Umbreon to also do.
Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Moonblast
- Synthesis
- Heal Bell

+

With the extra slot on your team freed up by the removal of both Umbreon and Rotom-Fan, A Stealth Rock user is 100% necessary on all good teams so it makes sense to add something that can get up Stealth Rock and also act as a Toxic user to help wear down to the opposition similar to what you hoped for Umbreon to do. That's why Registeel works well in this role. It can additionally take on Fairy-type Pokemon that Umbreon was unable to do as easily such as Florges and Gardevoir.
Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Calm Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

With these additions the team is made weaker to Pokemon Ground- and Steel-type Pokemon but with the rest of the team being as bulky and reliable as it is Pokemon like Milotic and Cresselia can make up for it defensively. Offensively both Roserade and Arcanine can take on these types of Pokemon as well.

Minor Changes

Milotic @ leftovers
Bold Nature
-Scald
-Recover
-Haze
-Refresh/Ice Beam / Toxic

Haze is only necessary for Snorlax now that Feraligatr is gone from the tier but that doesn't make it any less important. What is less important is Ice Beam as you have it on Cresselia, Florges helps vs Dragon-type Pokemon, and Arcanine helps vs Grass-type Pokemon. Scald is useful still for Ground-type Pokemon that Ice Beam wouldn't have been needed for. Toxic, on the other hand, is very useful versus bulkier Pokemon that want to come in such as Slowbro, Mantine etc as you are able to cripple them on a switch.

Arcanine @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire / Intimidate
Jolly Nature
-Flare Blitz
-Wild Charge / Will-o-Wisp / Toxic
-Extreme Speed
-Morning Sun

This is a pretty standard set that I'd like to keep the same on the team but to give you as many options as possible on a team like this I would say that a more defensive set with Leftovers, Intimidate, and a Status move could work really well on a more defensive team with Milotic and Roserade able to come in on bulky Water-type Pokemon Wild Charge isn't 100% needed where as Toxic can cripple them on the switch and Will-o with Intimidate can stop physical attackers in their tracks.

Roserade @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
-Spikes / Synthesis
-Sludge Bomb
-Leaf Storm
-Hidden Power Fire

As it is a more defensive team I think that an option for you to use is Synthesis as it allows Roserade to stick around for longer. This isn't a needed change much like Arcanine's set but with how defensive the team is, it doesn't take advantage of forcing removal and doesn't pressure removal as much anyway. Life Orb can rack up damage on Roserade and without any recovery it can be widdled down by Life Orb recoil on checks and coming in on hazards also harms its longevity.

Cresselia @ Leftovers / Psychium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD / EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Bold Nature
-Moonlight
-Psyshock
-Ice Beam
-Toxic / Calm Mind

Cresselia is a really good Pokemon and checks a hell of a lot of things. With Z move it is able to take on Knock Off users better in the tier, like Guts Machamp and Tsareena. The Speed is massively important on Cresselia as it has to be able to outspeed Pokemon like Honchkrow and Bewear. It's natural bulk does not need to be as boosted as its speed does to get success. Calm Mind can be used over Toxic as it pairs well with Z move and recovery, although Toxic is also really good on Cresselia so I'd use both and see which you prefer.

Conclusion

I linked each sets separate import on their sprites so you can pick and choose what you want to take. However, I feel like with this new team set up you will find yourself having more success overall. I also made sure to let you know what I think 100% should be changed and what can work as other options so make sure to tweak the team around and see what works for you! Have fun and hope this helps!
thanks this was very usefull and i think i understand more about this type of team works

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)