Other Rate my Singles Team!

Rate my team please!
I want to add that this is a team I made for an online pokemon mmorpg so some pokemon aren't available and any legendaries are difficult to get. The pokemon included are up to DPP I think and I would appreciate if people gave me pointers as I'm still very new to competitive pokemon.
Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Defog
- Roost
I wanted to use this mostly for the utility as a reliable defogger and even without attack investment is still a threat to a lot of pokemon with priority BP. The roost gives it a lot of sustainability and I like the slow U-turn.
Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Taunt
This is my primary sweeper and damage dealer. Taunt is there to make sure that pokemon like skarmory, umbreon and others won't be able to stop it from DDing and sweeping through the team. Moxie just amplifies the snowballing.
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
The physical wall of the team. I love Gliscor it's one of my favorite pokemon to use as it just seems unkillable at times. I felt that it was a good addition to the team as a partner to Gyarados as it checks a lot of threats to it. From rock type attacks to electric. It's also the rocker of the team.
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder Wave
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
I needed something that could take a few hits from Starmie, Alakazam, Gengar and other strong and fast special attacks as they seemed like the biggest threat to me. Thunder Wave is annoying and Soft Boil gives me reliable one turn recovery. I like magic guard as it allows me to switch in to status moves like toxic and nullify hazards.
Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 36 Def / 216 SpD
Lax Nature
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Tangrowth just seems ridiculously strong with assault vest. I don't know what else to say. It can take an ice beam from Starmie and just recover it off by switching out. The HP fire is also there to stop threats like scizor from setting up in front of it.
Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Finally, mag allows me to check any and all steel types. Skarmory and Scizor are trapped and killed by thunderbolt or hp fire. Its just too good. I just wish it outsped Starmie or something.

I feel like my team is really slow but I tried to build around the idea of having a very safe bulky offensive kind of theme with the central idea of allowing Gyarados to sweep. The game is relatively new so the meta isn't really well defined. But I see a lot of people just spamming just well known strong pokemon like Tyranitar, Dragonite, Alakazam and Gengar.
Again any help at all is appreciated!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)