ORAS OU Rate my Squad [Team Juggernaut]

Alright this is my first time posting my team on here. This team has led me to about 110 victories. I came here to post this because Smogon is the best place for advice and ways to strengthen my team. I take what you guys say very serious and I look to only improve. So let me know what do you think guys.

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Calm Mind
- Protect/heal bell
- Wish

I like using Sylveon for team battles since Hyper Voice hits 2 people at once, it's also nice to be able to switch after hitting wish off to heal team mates. Her fairy typing is to cover fighting, dark, dragon and other types. I find that Sylveon is simply a good pkmn but perhaps Clefable is better. Serves as a cleric if I run Heal Bell sets, only downside is losing a turn to heal.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Swords Dance

Scarfchomp works very well, I keep Sword Dance in case I run a salac berry set instead. He's essentially my revenge killer. In 1v1 he can beat Mega Lopunny barring ice punch sets. Most people don't expect it, it hits incredibly hard, quickly and is difficult to switch into. He's my ace. I gave mine Outrage over Dragon Claw as a last resort. Usually like to ensure all his threats are gone first.

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze / Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

The breaker of walls, just an amazing pkmn. Tough to switch into without losing some 50%+ of your HP if neutral and can force switches. Great pkmn overall, Roost is to heal off damage, solar beam and focus blast for coverage. His HP is dragon btw. He was chosen to break walls and wreck havoc to teams. Stealth Rock is a big issue but defog Latios can help with that.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Icy Wind/HP Dark
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Scald

Secret Sword helps to crack down physically defensive pkmn. I gave mine Icy Wind for the speed drop on a predicted switch although scald works just as well. An absolute beast, he's my water/fighting pkmn for coverage for those types. I chose him because I thought I was missing a water type. Secret Sword is helpful for the physically powerful variants. I gave him choice specs to fully utilize his special attack.

Latios @ Life Orb or Assault Armor
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball
- Surf

I don't have HP Fire on him so I gave him energy ball and surf instead. It does big damage to the common Rotom-Ws of the world and is least expected. My second third favourite pkmn of all time. Has speed, power and everything I need. He's my nuke.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

Ferrothorn has saved me a gang of times, great pkmn and handles most water pkmn fairly well (barring hp fire). Slowbro is the only thing sometimes I might run into issues with but beside that he's my entry hazard layer and sometimes on predicted switches I throw him in to deal extra damage via rocky helmet and iron barbs combination.

So that's my team, I emphasize speed, fluency in coverage and hitting as hard as possible. Sylveon on Ferrothorn are my defensive pivots. They can shut down a lot of threats and are downright annoying. My Latios doesn't have HP Fire so I sub Energy Ball in it's place to stop Rotom-Ws, water pkmn and other threats weak to grass. Surf is for Heatran (although I ponder switching to Earthquake or Trick, I used to run Trick in Black 2 b/c Ferrothorns and other walls were so common).

Now people might disagree with giving Latios the Assault Armor and instead taking Life Orb, but I switch between them. I like AA because he can take a shadow ball or moonblast from Clefable and still keep kicking. I suppose an issue with my team may be dealing with pkmn like Reuniclus and possibly Slowbro who can tank special attacks especially if they set up after a forced switch. Fairy types might pose a problem too. I wanted to make my team fluent as possible hence the different types.

Anyways, let me know what you guys think. What would you change or keep, what do you think of my team and what suggestions do you have ? Anything is plenty, like I said I'm all ears because I'm here to learn from you all.

Last edited:
Clef over Sylveon because clef is just better in that defensive role also sylveon doesn't get the ability blaze I'm sure it was just a typo but I'm pointing it out any way xD

Reason why clef is better : move pool , ability and defence stat

Also change surf on latios to defog and energy ball to Hp fire or recover
and dont run SD on scarf chomp
lastly Hp electric over hp dark/icy wind

Last edited:
Currently your team doesn't follow the rules because every pokemon requires at least 3 lines describing how it is used, who you chose it ect. I'll be happy to give it a rate when it's fixed so be sure to message me!

also, kek123 I don't think that rate was detailed enough. Maby give him the set you think would work best? idk

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

here recommended set

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)