Rate my team Hackmons

Nothing to do with RMT but who is coolest

• Total voters
(No Effort values included just know they all are 252)

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Name: Mega Heracross (Weakness Policy)

Ability: Wonder Guard
Nature: Adamant

Moves
Water Shuriken
Stone Edge
Taunt
Focus Punch

Just an offensive pokemon used to take out switch-in pokemon by focus punch. Nothing special about this pokemon, but I still love him.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Name: Cronus (Silk Scarf)

Ability: Mold Breaker
Nature: Adamant

Moves:
Spore
Extreme speed
Belly Drum
Odor sleuth

Simply I put the foes to sleep with spore than use belly drum and finally extreme speed and if the foe is ghost I have back-up.
______________________________________________________________________________________
Name: Destroyer of worlds (Focus Sash)

Ability: No Guard
Nature: Timid

Moves:
Gastro Acid
Sheer Cold
Sleep Talk
Knock off

Kill. This is one of the only words I can say this guy is for sweeping teams. In case of dangerous abilitys or such he has gastro acid and sleep talk.
Name: The Great Shedinja (Safety Goggles)

Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Timid

Moves
Block [Previously Kings Shield]
Hail
Endeavor
Taunt

Taunt stops literally all attacks and block can also come in handy for pokemon switching. Hail is unavoidable without being ice or having safety goggles so I use it to stall. I also use endeveor for quick kills

________________________________________________________________________________________

Name: Flinchy (Rocky Helmet)

Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Jolly (Lol)

Moves
Fire Fang
Rock Slide
Iron Head
Gastro Acid

Ability causes a massive 60% flinch rate for iron head. I enjoy watching my foes suffer dearly from replacing all there pokemons abilitys with wonder guard and not inner focus which literally nobody does.
________________________________________________________________________________________

Name: Arceus-Psychic (Life Orb)

Ability: Bad Dreams
Nature: Modest

Moves:
Spore
Hex
Nightmare
Dream Eater

I sort of need a different pokemon here but this is for now.

Last edited:
Needs some descriptions (at least 3 lines) for each mon, I'd love to rate it If I could understand why you chose everything that you did :<

Pilo

uses walther
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I really like this team but I'd suggest you just add some descriptions (3 lines each) so this RMT doesn't get removed by a mod and you'll be good to go :]

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
lel is Sheer Cold freakin legal in Hackmons that's dang broke

Don't play hackmons but this kinda looks like a team of 6 gimmicks slapped together not sure how it will work/does work.
Plus did you learn from your Ubers RMT that Nightmare+Dream Eater is awful?

Sorry ik a bit harsh but I'm getting tired of these teams

Don't play hackmons but this kinda looks like a team of 6 gimmicks slapped together not sure how it will work/does work.

Yeah I do plan on replacing arceus. But it is a little harsh ill take your word for it though.

PS: What pokemon should I use
PSS: Sheer cold is allowed

Once shedninja is gone, the extremely common no guard scarf sheer cold deoxys speed sweeps you. You need a better counter. Plus, they can easily switch in a shadow tagger to get rid of shedy, and they win.

Try something like air balloon wonder guard jolteon. That works wonders when it has refresh

Once shedninja is gone, the extremely common no guard scarf sheer cold deoxys speed sweeps you. You need a better counter. Plus, they can easily switch in a shadow tagger to get rid of shedy, and they win.

Try something like air balloon wonder guard jolteon. That works wonders when it has refresh
Ghost types like Shedinja can't be trapped this generation.

Nah, its p decent but very suboptimal. Nm, its not decent. I'm getting tired of the cancerous direction this forum is heading into too, and this this is his second rmt in 2 days (n_n), but I'm crazy happy to see this bc hackmons is great! Oh and hackmons is actually one of the more balanced tiers, as crazy as it sounds. The meta is over-centralizing like crap, much worse than ubers (its possible!) but its also balanced because broken things balance broken things out.

Last edited:
Yo, first off you are completely amazing for making a hackmons RMT! Hackmons best tier y/y? Also dont listen to other crap in here (sry guis :[ ) bc it doesnt like anybody plays hackmons. Oh nm maybe they do, but they just didnt rate it yet.

1. Cross is a bad wonder guarder, your team also lacks support and passive damage to help reduce the hp gain of recovery users, change it to recover/defog/willo or toxic/u turn arceus.
2. Deo set is sub-optimal, run gastro acid/sheer cold/sing (100% accurate, bc no guard and goes trough subs) and magic coat
3. Shedinja<another wonder guarder (mega-manectric volt switch/leech seed/sub/magic coat) but if you want to keep shedinja, then use endeavor/extreme speed/magic coat (you just have a lot of mons that magic coat is good on, and you lack a magic bouncer so this makes you less vulnerable to spore) and then spore/utility filler. Also dont run goggles, weather is not a thing and its not that useful for spore.
4. This mm2 set does absolutely nothing, give it mold breaker and drain punch/knock off/shift gear/another move or spore or smth.
5. Psychiceus LMAO, no srsly tho, replace with prankster curse/recover/spore/filller giratina.
6. On slaking, odor sleuth is bad, give it knock off or sacred fire, probably the former.

You dont just hackmons by smacking things together, this team needs reworking but that will change the team to much.

Not only did you not have enough description, this is also your second team in 2 days, the rules say that you should post more than 1 team in 2 weeks. Wont be long until this gets locked :/

berry

what kind
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Wow. Very brave of you to post a hackmons RMT :)
As an "experienced" hackmons player, i have a few tips for ya.

1. Using Mega Heracross as a wonder guarder isn't that great of an idea, it's weak to a whopping 4 types, something that isn't all that great in hackmons. Sure, you'll see the occasional use for it. The adamant nature is good, but I really disapprove of the moveset. Most wonder guarders aren't used as attackers, mostly support and defensive. The type coverage for water / rock / fighting is alright (use this calc to figure that out http://pokemondb.net/tools/type-coverage ) and I feel as if taunt is a waste of a move on an offensive pokemon. I would use a defensive Manectric-Mega set in place of this.

2. I like this regigigas set, but I'll give you a stronger one yet. I would run shadow sneak or knock off to hit ghost types. I would also use a sitrus berry over the silk scarf, to regenerate some of the health from the belly drum.

3. A normal deo-s set. I like the inclusion of sleep talk though, never thought of it. I would run Sing or Hypnosis > knock off. You always like the inclusion of sleep while sweeping your opponent's team.

4. Sheddy :I. There would be a few things to change about this set. I would continue to run sturdy, but change the item to a lum berry. I would also run recycle > hail, and Ice shard > block.

5. Mewtwo-Mega-X. It's possibly the best pokemon in hackmons, but I find the set you use to come up a little short. I would replace it with a Special Sweeper, since you already have a physical Regigigas set. Perhaps you would like a Parental Bond Mewtwo-Y. I have a few nice sets for MMY, and I'd be happy to share ^.^

6. Since you say you don't know what to run in your final set, I would reccomend a Magic bounce Mega Aggron. This set would balance out the team's type advantages, and it would you provide you with one of the most important teammates in hackmons. This defensive behemoth can use aromatherapy to clear your team of status ailments, defog to clear the field of stealth rocks and spikes, and most importantly, stop taunts, toxics, and sleeps in their tracks.

I'll post my reccomended sets in the next comment, and happy hackmons! =D

berry

what kind
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Manectric-Mega @ Air Balloon
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Volt Switch
- Magic Coat
- Taunt
- Whirlwind / gastro acid

Regigigas @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Sneak
- Thousand Arrows

Thousand arrows is a new move that hits flying type and air balloon pokemon.

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Sheer Cold
- Sleep Talk
- Gastro Acid
- Sing

Shedinja @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: NaN HP / NaN Atk / NaN Def / NaN SAtk / NaN SDef
- Endeavor
- Ice Shard
- Recycle
- Gastro Acid

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Lum Berry / leftovers / focus sash
Ability: Parental Bond
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Psystrike
- Searing Shot / substitute
- Tail Glow / shell smash

Aggron-Mega @ Rocky Helmet / leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Aromatherapy
- Spiky Shield / gastro acid

Thanks for letting me improve your team! =D

Manectric-Mega @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Magic Coat
- Taunt
- Whirlwind / gastro acid

Regigigas @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Sneak
- Thousand Arrows

Thousand arrows is a new move that hits flying type and air balloon pokemon.

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Sheer Cold
- Sleep Talk
- Gastro Acid
- Sing

Shedinja @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: NaN HP / NaN Atk / NaN Def / NaN SAtk / NaN SDef
- Endeavor
- Ice Shard
- Recycle
- Gastro Acid

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Lum Berry / leftovers / focus sash
Ability: Parental Bond
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Psystrike
- Searing Shot / substitute
- Tail Glow / shell smash

Aggron-Mega @ Rocky Helmet / leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Aromatherapy
- Spiky Shield / gastro acid

Thanks for letting me improve your team! =D
Tho why are you running ss mmy with parental bond>mold breaker (>megagar). Ofc slaking smashes trough common wonder guarders, but having no direct way to deal with (perishtrap, prankster etc) them other than slaking might be lacking if you want it to achieve a sweep. I guess shedinja is a good switch (tho seed/burns etc), but does parental bond really make it that much better, like what does it hit (bar sweeping everything ever that doesnt have wonder guard oc, but you get what I mean).

Also in theory, do you think contrary would/could work with 1000 arrows/gunk shot/superpower/v create? It seems like a gimmick I might try out once, like on paper it hits the most common wonder guarders (balloons/xern/scizor/arceus, swampert sux) tho idk how it would work in practice.

berry

what kind
Idk really. SS gives me coverage on Scizor / aggron, and they already run a MB.

The contrary would work, I guess... the meta is all about coverage these days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)