Rate My Team please?

I have had decent sucess with this team, winning around 70% of my matches. I feel there is room for improvement however, whether it be a small change or big one. My team relys on Latios sweeping, so special walls and steel types are attempted to get knocked out by my other guys.

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
Draco Meteor
- Surf[/FONT
- Energy Ball
- Psyshock
This guy is a monster. Nothing besides bulky steels and Chansey/Blissey can take a Draco Meteor from this guy, and even they take at least 30%. When I am not using that, I use Surf or Psyshock for nuetral damage, and when I don't want to lose 2 stages of special attack. Surf takes advantage of the many rain teams, and Psyshock nails Virizion, Breloom, Calm mind Suicune, and Gengar (speed tie with non HP Fire versions). Energy Ball is strictly for the 3 Water Ground types Swampert, Quagsire, and Gastrodon, but mainly for Gastrodon, as the first 2 take high damage from Draco Meteor.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
Ice Fang
- Protect
Gliscor is my physical wall, destroying hopes and dreams from Excadrill, Conkeldurr, Terrakion, and all of their friends. I can also set up on Ferrorthorn with Swords Dance. Ice Fang is to break balloons and hit dragons,opposing Gliscor, and Landorous on the switch. Protect is for scouting purposes and healing.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split
My bulky water. This guy takes care of many threats in general, and can take advantage of opposing rain. Thunderwave nails common switch ins such as Latios.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 216 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Stealth Rock
Normally I lead with this guy to set up Stealth rock early. Jirachi is my special wall, taking Draco meteors from Latios like a champ. Can also spread paralyse to team and flinch them to death with Iron head. Also provides wish support.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
- Quick Attack
This guy hits hard, very hard. I used Choice band so he can be an effective revenge killer with Bullet punch and Quick attack, while Superpower hits Ferrorthorn, Magnezone, and Heatran hard on the switch, and Bug bite for an overall stab attack.

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Ice
-Thunderwave
My set up sweeper. Has psuedo bolt beam coverage, and priority thunderwave can hit a quiver dancing volcarana or dragon dancing Dragonite to make their speed boost useless. This is the guy i have the most concern about, and it is with his item. Life orb kills this guy so fast, along with weakness to stealth rock.

Threat list:

Aerodactlyl- Gets parahaxed by Jirachi since he normally leads. He either sets up rocks, taunts, or earthquakes, all which Jirachi can handle fine.

Breloom-walled by Gliscor, KOed by Bullet punch from Scizor, and hit hard by Latios Psyscock.

Conkeldurr-Gliscor doesn't wall him as well as he walls other physical threats, due to bulk up. So before he sets up to many, i try to bring in Latios to Draco Meteor him before his Mach punch kills him.

Darmanitan-Again, killed by Latios. Choice scarf variants gets thunderwaved by Thunderous.

Deoxys S- Like Aerodactyl, gets parahaxed by Jirachi.

Dragonite-Can get OHKOed with multiscale by Latios Draco Meteor, if he sets up a Dragon dance i can paralyze him first with Thunderous, unless he has extreme speed. Lum berry is an issue here.

Empoleon-Gets hit hard from Thunderous Thunderbolt

Espeon-Scizor OHKOs with Bug bite. If Espeon HP fires him, My latios will outspeed it and KO it like that

Excadrill-walled by Gliscor, enough said

Gengar-Bullet punch can OHKO, Latios speed tie (can deal with sub variants with psyschock) and thunderwaved by Thunderous will shut him down.

Gyaradose-OHKOed by Rotom Thunderbolt, or if he set up Dragon dance, paralyzed by thunderous. Like Dragonite, Lum Berrys are an issue.

Haxorous-Killed by Latios Draco Meteor. Scarfed versions are killed by Bullet punch or paralyzed by Thunderous.

Heatran-Again, Latios, but this time surf :) Scizor can hit him hard on the switch with Superpower, and Rotom deals with him nicely as well.

Hydreigon-Outsped and killed by Latios, walled by Jirachi. Scarfed versions are again paralyzed from Thunderous.

Infernape-Quick attack scizor, Latios and Thunderous all outspeed and OHKO.

Jirachi-Once poisoned (not switching into body slam) Gliscor takes care of him very nicely. Scizor is also a nice kill, but bug bite will not OHKO. Calm mind versions are tougher to handle but i see most of them in the rain. Rotom Hydro pump is a decent solution.

Kingdra-Outsped by Latios and killed, or thunderwaved by Thunderous. Jirachi can also wall and paralyze. (Lots of paralyze on my team)

Jolteon-Scizor bullet punch, and walled by Jirachi

Kyurem-walled by Jirachi

Landorous-tough candidate, as many variants hold HP ice to handle Gliscor. Thunderous outspeeds and HP ices him however, but many switching and low effectiveness attacks wears him down from life orb.

Latios- walled by Jirachi. HP fire variants gets outsped by my own latios.

Lilligant-Gliscor can absorb sleep powders, Latios OHKOs

Lucario-Concern. Can run physical or special, and has extreme speed and vacuum wave for priority. Extreme speeds outspeeds Thunderous thunderwave, and usually OHKOs it. Gliscor cant wall due to ice punch.

Machamp- walled by Gliscor, even variants with ice punch arent that bad.

Magnezone- Jirachi hates this thing, can set up sub and get plus 6 special attack with ease. Then i sacrifice Gliscor who earthquakes it then is killed by Latios. Scizor can superpower it on its switch, but requires great prediction.

Mamoswine-my team also does not like this guy. Can get parahaxed by Jirachi, and Bulletpunched by Scizor.

Metagross- Walled by Gliscor.

Mienshao-killed by Latios Draco Meteor, Gliscor can't wall due to HP ice.

Reuniclus- OHKOed by Scizor Bug bite, or parahaxed by Jirachi.

Roserade-fun fact, not one of my pokemon is hit by toxic spikes. Aromatherapy is annoying, but sleep can be absorbed by Gliscor and can get OHKOed by Latios or Thunderous.

Salamence-Thunderwaved by Thunderous after setting up, or outsped by Latios if he doesn't. Again, Lum berry kills this strat.

Sawsbuck-Thunderous thunderwave in the sun destroys its chlrophyll.

Scizor-Choice variants walled by Glisor, set up variants have to get killed by Latios surf, Thunderous, or Rotom.

Scafty-Outsped and killed by Latios.

Shaymin-havent seen one of these guys i dont think, but gets killed by Latios.

Sigilyph-tough guy to take down. He has Calm minds to take special hits, and flame orb psycho shift to take down physical threats. Concern.

Smeragle-Bullet punched by Scizor.

Starmie-can get parahaxed by Jirachi, thing about this guy is he can take thunderous thunderwaves and switch out. Scizor quick attack is a good answer.

Terakion- walled by Gliscor.

Thunderous-thunderwaved by my own thunderous, Jirachi can wall if not set up a nasty plot.

Tornadus-Thunderous takes care of him along with Jirachi and Rotom.

Tyranitar- Scizor can superpower him, Latios can 2HKO defensive variants with surf.

Venusaur- thunderwave from thunderous destroys chlorophyll, Latios can survive boosted sludge bomb and kill with Draco meteor.

Victini-physical threats walled by Gliscor, otherwise Draco meteor will do its job.

Virizon-hit from Psyschock from Latios

Volcarana-Stealth Rock, followed by quick attack from scizor (this may cause a burn, ouch!) or can get paralyzed from Thunderous.

Weavile-doesn't do to much to Gliscor, but can get bullet punched by Scizor.

Zoroark-killed by really anything once revealed.

Blissey, Scizor and Gliscor take care of it well, along with psyshock from Latios

Bronzong-Bug bite from scizor will 2hko.

Celebi-parahaxed by Jirachi, but like Starmie, can just switch. Hit from Draco Meteor from Latios. (If you read down this far, do you think this team is overly reliant on Latios?)

Chansey-see Blissey

Deoxys D- Can get bug bitten (i guess that's how you would say it) from Scizor.

Dusclops-Latios,Scizor, you know the drill.

Ferrothorn-Superpower from Scizor, and can get set up from Gliscor.

Fortress-Can get set up from Gliscor, and Draco meteor does a decent chunk of damage.

Gliscor-HP Ice Thunderous, Walled by Rotom. Sub protect versions are tougher to handle

Hippowdon-Rotom walls and kills with Hydro pump

Jellicant-gets Energy balled by Latios, walled by Rotom.

Latias-Sub versions are annoying, Bug bite scizor before he sets is best bet. If he gets HP fired, my Latios will outspeed.

Murkrow-umm, Latios? Thunderous? Never saw one.

Ninetails-Draco meteor from Latios, if Jirachi is leading against one on sun team he gets stealth rock up usually.

Politoed-Rotom takes care of him well

Porygon2-Scizor Bug bite or superpower

Rotom W-Latios takes care of non thunderwave variants (so most of them) Scizor can 2HKO with quick attack, but fears will o wisp.

Skarmory-2hkoed by Latios surf, 1hkoed by thunderous.

Snorlax-Gliscor can set up on, can't do much to Scizor.

Suicune-Rotom can thunderbolt before it sets up, Psyshock wrecks it after it does. Quick attack scizor does decent damage as well, but fears scald.

Swampert-Latios

Tentacruel-gets killed by Thunderous, or quick attacked by Scizor. Will get earthquaked by Gliscor on the switch as well.

Vaporeon-Latios and Scizor take care of it, but again, scizor fears scald.

Whimsicot-kind of annoying, but gets quick attacked by Scizor.

Xatu-kind of outclassed by Espeon, but Thunderous,Latios,Scizor can take care of him.

Zapdos-Again, Latios will Draco Meteor it.

Hey, solid team you have here with most threats covered. Sun teams seem like a pain for you, especially with no weather inducer of your own. Under the sun, something like Growth Venusaur can get a boost on Latios locked into anything bar Psyshock, and at the very least 2HKO every member on your team. You can cripple their sweepers with Thundurus's priority T-Wave, but it means it'll go down in the process, meaning the remaining sweepers will rip right through you. Dragon Dance Scrafty also looks annoying to face; It can set-up on Latios or Scizor locked into the wrong move and OHKO everything from there with a little prior damage. Again, your best bet is to cripple it with Thunder Wave. Scizor fails to OHKO it with Bullet Punch. Lastly, you give Ferrothorn a lot of opportunities to just come in and start setting up hazards / cripple your members, as only Scizor can hit it hard enough.

Specially Defensive Heatran over Jirachi should work to take on Sun teams a lot better; Growth Venusaur is completely walled, while Volcarona will fall to Toxic. You shouldn't be missing Jirachi's bulk too much, as Heatran is just as bulky and helps you takes care of sun sweepers, which Jirachi couldn't. Jirachi did check CM Reuniclus, Virizion, and Latios, but these guys are handled pretty well by the rest of your team already. As a plus, Heatran can lure out something like Gastrodon, and cripple it with Toxic.

As for the Scrafty weakness, you can try out Skarmory over Gliscor. Scrafty can't do enough damage to Skarmory, while going down to Brave Bird. Not only does Skarmory check the same threats as Gliscor, but it also provides you with Spikes support which aids your offensive power houses in taking out grounded 'mons such as Gastrodon (which can get destroyed by DM from Latios with Spikes + SR up).

Lastly, I suggest you try Will-O-Wisp over Pain Split or Thunder Wave on Rotom-W, so Ferrothorn doesn't set-up all over you. Thundurus should also be using Focus Blast over Thunder Wave, as it's already very fast (most fast revenge killers are Excadrill and Landorus anyway) as this gives you coverage vs. Blissey and Ferrothorn. Taking off T-wave for W-o-W and Focus Blast means you give Ferrothorn 2 less members to set-up on.

Movesets:

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef , -Atk)
- Flamethrower / Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
---

Skarmory (F) @ Shed Shell / Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird
---

GL

What you need to solve your Thundurus problem is a spinner. Swap Rotom-W for Starmie
Starmie
Leftovers
Modest
Rapid Spin
Surf
Thunderbolt
Recover
252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
While Starmie may not be as bulky as Rotom-W, it is in a better position to take advantage of rain. Essentially, this guy has a similar move set to your Rotom-W, with Recover being the recovery option over Pain Split. Rapid Spin is there to spin away the hazards.

Now that your Thundurus can switch in freely, the next problem is your HP lost from Life Orb. Give it Expert Belt if you still want the boost.
However, I am not sure if it is such a good idea to switch one poke just because only your Thundurus is weak to Stealth Rock. As far as I can see, no other poke is weak to it

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
If you're going for a Latios sweep, then I suggest using a Life Orb or Expert Belt. Both allow you to switch moves, Life Orb has more power, Expert Belt can bluff a choice set and Latios is no longer a ticking time bomb. Use Hidden Power Fire over energy ball for coverage against steels. If you dislike the 30 Speed IVs of HP Fire, run Thunderbolt instead.

This team lacks a way to deal with sun teams, Latios is not very reliable for that. I suggest running a Heatran over Jirachi with Air Balloon, Modest, 252 SpA/ 252 Spe/ 4 SpD, Stealth Rock, Fire Blast, Earth Power, HP Ice.

As well, run a Lum Berry on Thundurus, you lose some power, but it gives you a way to beat opposing Prankster Thundurus and gets rid of the Life Orb recoil you fear.

Hey, solid team you have here with most threats covered. Sun teams seem like a pain for you, especially with no weather inducer of your own. Under the sun, something like Growth Venusaur can get a boost on Latios locked into anything bar Psyshock, and at the very least 2HKO every member on your team. You can cripple their sweepers with Thundurus's priority T-Wave, but it means it'll go down in the process, meaning the remaining sweepers will rip right through you. Dragon Dance Scrafty also looks annoying to face; It can set-up on Latios or Scizor locked into the wrong move and OHKO everything from there with a little prior damage. Again, your best bet is to cripple it with Thunder Wave. Scizor fails to OHKO it with Bullet Punch. Lastly, you give Ferrothorn a lot of opportunities to just come in and start setting up hazards / cripple your members, as only Scizor can hit it hard enough.

Specially Defensive Heatran over Jirachi should work to take on Sun teams a lot better; Growth Venusaur is completely walled, while Volcarona will fall to Toxic. You shouldn't be missing Jirachi's bulk too much, as Heatran is just as bulky and helps you takes care of sun sweepers, which Jirachi couldn't. Jirachi did check CM Reuniclus, Virizion, and Latios, but these guys are handled pretty well by the rest of your team already. As a plus, Heatran can lure out something like Gastrodon, and cripple it with Toxic.

As for the Scrafty weakness, you can try out Skarmory over Gliscor. Scrafty can't do enough damage to Skarmory, while going down to Brave Bird. Not only does Skarmory check the same threats as Gliscor, but it also provides you with Spikes support which aids your offensive power houses in taking out grounded 'mons such as Gastrodon (which can get destroyed by DM from Latios with Spikes + SR up).

Lastly, I suggest you try Will-O-Wisp over Pain Split or Thunder Wave on Rotom-W, so Ferrothorn doesn't set-up all over you. Thundurus should also be using Focus Blast over Thunder Wave, as it's already very fast (most fast revenge killers are Excadrill and Landorus anyway) as this gives you coverage vs. Blissey and Ferrothorn. Taking off T-wave for W-o-W and Focus Blast means you give Ferrothorn 2 less members to set-up on.

Movesets:

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef , -Atk)
- Flamethrower / Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
---

Skarmory (F) @ Shed Shell / Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird
---

GL
Hey thanks for the help! I'll try out both of these guys, and focas blast on Thunderous. I think I'm going to keep Rotom the way he is, as I have 3 changes to my team to take care of Ferrothorn.

What you need to solve your Thundurus problem is a spinner. Swap Rotom-W for Starmie
Starmie
Leftovers
Modest
Rapid Spin
Surf
Thunderbolt
Recover
252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
While Starmie may not be as bulky as Rotom-W, it is in a better position to take advantage of rain. Essentially, this guy has a similar move set to your Rotom-W, with Recover being the recovery option over Pain Split. Rapid Spin is there to spin away the hazards.

Now that your Thundurus can switch in freely, the next problem is your HP lost from Life Orb. Give it Expert Belt if you still want the boost.
However, I am not sure if it is such a good idea to switch one poke just because only your Thundurus is weak to Stealth Rock. As far as I can see, no other poke is weak to it
I think ill keep Rotom,as I can switch into the many Gliscors people run. With the addition of Focas blast to Thunderous, I may try expert belt out.

If you're going for a Latios sweep, then I suggest using a Life Orb or Expert Belt. Both allow you to switch moves, Life Orb has more power, Expert Belt can bluff a choice set and Latios is no longer a ticking time bomb. Use Hidden Power Fire over energy ball for coverage against steels. If you dislike the 30 Speed IVs of HP Fire, run Thunderbolt instead.

This team lacks a way to deal with sun teams, Latios is not very reliable for that. I suggest running a Heatran over Jirachi with Air Balloon, Modest, 252 SpA/ 252 Spe/ 4 SpD, Stealth Rock, Fire Blast, Earth Power, HP Ice.

As well, run a Lum Berry on Thundurus, you lose some power, but it gives you a way to beat opposing Prankster Thundurus and gets rid of the Life Orb recoil you fear.
With life orb i feel Latios will get killed way to quickly, and expert belt won't be the power I am looking for. I like outspeeding 110 speed threats, so HP fire won't be used. Lum berry seems interesting. thanks!

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey there

I noticed that you have a big deal of problems with bulky SD scizor. If left unchecked you will be mercillesly swept by any team that has one, especially ones with roost.
here is what you could do to deal with scizor.

1) put hp fire on rotom-w and latios, this will help you handle scizor better. Put it over energy ball on latios, and over thunder wave on rotom

2) for your own scizor, put U-turn over bug bite, it will allow you to scout out your opponent and keep up momentum on your team. Also, you could put pursuit over quick attack on your scizor to catch fleeing ghosts and psychics. I also recommend this ev spread for scizor: (200hp 56atck 252spdef). with this spread, you can take special hits better and STILL have 512 atck with a Choice band, which is plenty.

you have a huge lack of fire coverage on your team which can deal with steal types maybe put an hp fire on one of your pokes or like suggested above, switch jirachi for heatran

Hey there

I noticed that you have a big deal of problems with bulky SD scizor. If left unchecked you will be mercillesly swept by any team that has one, especially ones with roost.
here is what you could do to deal with scizor.

1) put hp fire on rotom-w and latios, this will help you handle scizor better. Put it over energy ball on latios, and over thunder wave on rotom

2) for your own scizor, put U-turn over bug bite, it will allow you to scout out your opponent and keep up momentum on your team. Also, you could put pursuit over quick attack on your scizor to catch fleeing ghosts and psychics. I also recommend this ev spread for scizor: (200hp 56atck 252spdef). with this spread, you can take special hits better and STILL have 512 atck with a Choice band, which is plenty.
Ill try out u turn, but quick attack is really underated and saved me many times

Hey nice team. A few people have already mentioned the weakness to sun teams so I don't feel the need to explain it. Faster attackers such as Starmie and Thundurus seem to be your biggest weakness. Starmie is able to 2HKO Rotom-w in the rain and then outruns and OHKO/2HKOs the rest of your team rather easily. Thundurus does a lot of damage after a Nasty Plot. You're relying on Jirachi's Body Slam and a speed tie with your own Thundurus to beat it. Considering Lum Berry is an extremely common item, and Body Slam only has a 60% chance of paralysis, these are shaky checks at best. Quick Attack on Scizor does help alleviate this a bit but it won't be doing enough more often than not anyway. Quick Attack also doesn't deal quite enough to deal with Volcarona at all times which is pretty important since after one Quiver Dance it is capable of OHKOing every member of your team.

The suggestion of a Special Defense Heatran is a good one. Aside from checking sun teams and Volcarona, it can burn any Tyranitar that would threaten Latios, who you mention as one of the reasons you built the team. 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spe Calm, with Lava Plume / Roar / Protect / Stealth Rock fits great. It leaves you a pretty reliable Draco Meteor switch-in, and lessens the issues you had with Magnezone. Scizor and Jirachi also cover similar threats, so the loss of Jirachi won't be too crucial, though the Wish support will be missed a little.

To help with Starmie and Thundurus you could pretty easily slap a Scarf on Rotom-w. This gives you a second revenge killer to take some pressure off Scizor, and can also help with the Ice Punch Lucario weakness to an extent. 216 HP / 144 SAtk / 148 Spe Modest reaches enough to speed to outspeed Scarf Tar and below which is really all you need, while retaining the same power as Max SAtk Timid. The bulk will allow you to live a +2 Adamant Lucario's Extremespeed 100% of the time after Stealth Rock if it should come to that and is just useful in general. Volt Switch / Hydro Pump / Hidden Power Fire / Trick would be the moveset. Because of Volt Switch, there is really no reason not to run U-turn on Scizor. U-turn is a great move in general, and works incredibly with Rotom-w using Volt Switch. Anyway, there's not much else to say. Pretty solid team you got here. Good luck.
I tried the scarf on Rotom, and didn't really like how that worked. I used Rotom mainly as a wall, and sometimes tricking a scarf to a sweeper isnt to bad for my opponent. Heatran as a special wall was allright, but Latios simply just used surf and 2hkoed it. it cant really burn tyranitar either, since he has earthquake. How is eviloite chansey? seems like he can wall starmie and thunderous well and can set up stealth rock and spread paralyze through opponents team. But if i put chansey in my team do i really even need rotom anymore? Also, what about putting rain dance on thunderous for a priority weather stopper? seems unexpected, and ninetails can be taken down easily, and that can support latios surf, or is that just to gimmicky?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)