Ability: No Guard
Level: 50
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Stone Edge

Machamp is my go to lead because of that dynamic Punch. It can usually take out the opponent's lead, and if it doesn't they're at least confused. Earthquake for Aegislash, Poison Jab for Fairies, Stone Edge for things like Volcarona and Charizard. I really want to keep this one, but advice for moveslot changes would be much appreciated.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Modest Nature
IVs: 31 HP, 30 Atk, 31 Def, 30 SpA, 31 SpD, 30 Spe
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power Fire
- Dark Pulse

My go to special attacker. I run Modest for a number of reasons. First, it allows me to kill other Greninja, by baiting the Grass Knot and using Ice Beam. Also, i'm not aware of many things that Timid outspeeds and modest does not. The extra power is really noticeable, and it's a solid member of the team.

Gigalith @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Explosion
- Rock Blast
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

Revenge killer. Lum berry + Sturdy means no matter what, I get an attack off. I really like Gigalith because it's a counter for Talonflame, and Rock Blast decimates Ninjask and all it's substitutes. Also, if there's a pokemon i'm unprepared for, Explosion usually bails me out. I'm really open to suggestions here, because i'm sure there's pokemon i've overlooked to fit this role.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Protect
- Recover

My tank. Unaware is a great ability that so many people forget about, and toxic stalling is viable in most situations with this bulk. Quagsire is also really good at ruining Baton Pass teams. It's hard to counter something that comes in with Swords Dance already up. Also a good counter for Mega Blaziken and Aegislash.

Scizor @ Red Card
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Thief
- Superpower

The theory behind this set is to destroy evasion pokemon. Just Swords Dance while they're Double Teaming, use Thief when you think they'll attack (to get another item), and Bullet Punch usually takes care of the rest. Superpower is for some physical walls and other Scizor.

Honchkrow @ Assault Vest
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Superpower
- Sucker Punch
- Night Slash

This is my sleep clause. Honchkrow takes out most things that try to put it to sleep, and can take one hell of a special hit. Night Slash is for when I don't think the opponent will attack. This is mainly a Mega Venesaur counter, but can be quite adaptable. Brave Bird hits surprisingly hard, coming from a Honchkrow

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just a few words about the team as a whole, i'm trying to not use any pokemon on the front page of the PGL (seen here http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/battle/), and while i'm not using any mega evolutions, i'm not opposed to using them. I'm also not too worried about entry hazards, since battles usually don't last that long, and the ones that do are usually 1v1 stall outs. I don't have a rapid spinner/defogger for the same reasons, and I don't have anything crippled by rocks.

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
GGamer's got it half right. The RMT forum is a decent place to seek help but we do have a more localised RMT-style help thread here in the Battle Spot forum where you can put your team to have it looked at: this thread here. Because it's in the Battle Spot forum itself, your team is far more likely to be seen by the regulars so you'll get more informed help and a warmer reception than in the RMT section.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey Todays moses, we don't really generally allow separate threads for RMTs here because they create a lot of clutter and don't really get enough replies to warrant their own thread. I'll be locking this, but I encourage you to repost your team in the thread ethan06 linked above. Leave me a message if you have any questions or need any help with anything else! Welcome to Smogon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)