Rate my UU team, now with better formatting.

Scyther @ Choice bandNature: Jolly
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 spe, 252 atk, 4 hp.
Moves:
Aerial Ace
Quick Attack
X-Scissor
Brick Break

This thing can hit pretty hard if it hits the right target, and I like using a lead that has the sole purpose of doing damage quickly. It has a big physical movepool, so I'm not sure which ones I should use.

Raichu @ Choice specs
Nature: Timid
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 spe, 252 spa, 4 hp.
Moves:
Thunderbolt
Grass Knot
Surf
HP Ice

A pokemon with decent speed, but lacking a bit in the special attack department makes a good choice specs user. It has a huge special movepool, and with good prediction, can hit things pretty hard.

Camerupt @ Life orb
Nature: Mild
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 spa, 248 spe, 8 atk.
Moves:
Earth Power
Flamethrower
Rock Polish
Explosion

Rock polish cures that awful speed, and lets it make a dent with a solid special attack and two good STAB moves. Explosion is always fun, and once life orb has taken it's toll...BOOM!

Muk @ Black sludge, Careful, Sticky hold.
Nature: Careful
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 hp, 80 def, 176 spd.
Moves:
Curse
Ice Punch
Poison Jab
Shadow sneak

Can take special hits pretty well, assuming they're not a super string psychic. The goal is to come in on a special attacker, and start cursing. Curse makes him all around bulky, and lets him dish out some damage. Poison Jab is good for STAB, but thats about it, so I was thinking about giving him rest instead. Also considering replacing shadow sneak with thunderpunch, or maybe even having all three punches and curse.

Hitmonchan @ Choice scarf, Adamant, Iron fist.
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 atk, 252 spe, 4 hp.
Moves:
Close Combat
Icepunch
Thunderpunch
Firepunch

Revenge killer. It's very predictable, but close combat is extremely powerful, and the 3 elemental punches give good coverage. Relies a lot on prediction, which can be good or bad, depending on who you're playing.

Clefable @ Toxic orb, Adamant, Magic Guard.
Ability Magic Guard
EVs: 252 hp, 252 atk, 4 spe.
Moves:
Facade
Meteor Mash
Protect
Softboiled

A commonly seen Clefable in UU, but useful none the less. It doesn't die easily, and once toxic orb activates, it takes status like a man. Boosted facade isn't exactly week either. Protect is good to activate the toxic orb, but I don't seem to use it very often, so I might replace it with another physical move to help coverage. Facade hurts things that aren't ghost, rock, or steel, and meteor mash hits rocks and frosslass. Fire punch might help with steel, but brick break could make all the dual rock/steel pokemon a little more nervous.

Well that's my team. It has been decently successful, and is a fun team to use, but I know there's always room for improvement.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wow, please close your account Motnaph.

I don't see many things wrong with this team.

I'll edit this post later for a full review though

Scyther @ Choice bandNature: Jolly
EVs: 252 spe, 252 atk, 4 hp.
Moves:
Aerial Ace
Quick Attack
X-Scissor
Brick Break

This thing can hit pretty hard if it hits the right target, and I like using a lead that has the sole purpose of doing damage quickly. It has a big physical movepool, so I'm not sure which ones I should use.

Fair Enough, but I'd rather see a Swords Dance variant. It has basically the same power right off the bat (Thanks to Life Orb) but can also sweep unprepared teams.

Scyther @ Life Orb
Jolly - Technician
252 Atk/ 4 Def/ 252 Spe
>Swords Dance
>X-Scissor
>Aerial Ace
>Brick Break

Raichu @ Choice specs
Nature: Timid
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 spe, 252 spa, 4 hp.
Moves:
Thunderbolt
Grass Knot
Surf
HP Ice

A pokemon with decent speed, but lacking a bit in the special attack department makes a good choice specs user. It has a huge special movepool, and with good prediction, can hit things pretty hard.

I guess so...I'd prefer seeing a more bulky special attacker here, like:

Clefable @ Life Orb
Bold - Magic Guard
252 HP/ 152 Def/ 104 Sp.Atk
>Calm Mind
>Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball
>Ice Beam/Focus Blast
>Softboiled

Use her bulk and Defensive Evs paired with Softboiled to get a few Calm Minds up, then sweep. Boltbeam is available, but I personally prefer Shadow Ball+Focus Blast since it hits many of the typical UU walls for SE.

Camerupt @ Life orb
Nature: Mild
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 spa, 248 spe, 8 atk.
Moves:
Earth Power
Flamethrower
Rock Polish
Explosion

Rock polish cures that awful speed, and lets it make a dent with a solid special attack and two good STAB moves. Explosion is always fun, and once life orb has taken it's toll...BOOM!

I'd prefer Choice Specs due to no setup (better for your team)

Camerupt @ Choice Specs
Quiet - Solid Rock
6 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Sp.Atk
>Earth Power
>Flamethrower/ Fire Blast
>Hidden Power [Grass] (Ice can be used to hit Altaria)
>EXPLOSION! (w00t)

It hits a lot harder faster, too.

Muk @ Black sludge, Careful, Sticky hold.
Nature: Careful
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 hp, 80 def, 176 spd.
Moves:
Curse
Ice Punch
Poison Jab
Shadow sneak

Can take special hits pretty well, assuming they're not a super string psychic. The goal is to come in on a special attacker, and start cursing. Curse makes him all around bulky, and lets him dish out some damage. Poison Jab is good for STAB, but thats about it, so I was thinking about giving him rest instead. Also considering replacing shadow sneak with thunderpunch, or maybe even having all three punches and curse.

Fair Enough. Are those Speed EVs, or Sp.Def? Sp.Def is obviously recommended.

Hitmonchan @ Choice scarf, Adamant, Iron fist.
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 atk, 252 spe, 4 hp.
Moves:
Close Combat
Icepunch
Thunderpunch
Firepunch

Revenge killer. It's very predictable, but close combat is extremely powerful, and the 3 elemental punches give good coverage. Relies a lot on prediction, which can be good or bad, depending on who you're playing.

Okay, this is good I suppose.

Clefable @ Toxic orb, Adamant, Magic Guard.
Ability Magic Guard
EVs: 252 hp, 252 atk, 4 spe.
Moves:
Facade
Meteor Mash
Protect
Softboiled

A commonly seen Clefable in UU, but useful none the less. It doesn't die easily, and once toxic orb activates, it takes status like a man. Boosted facade isn't exactly week either. Protect is good to activate the toxic orb, but I don't seem to use it very often, so I might replace it with another physical move to help coverage. Facade hurts things that aren't ghost, rock, or steel, and meteor mash hits rocks and frosslass. Fire punch might help with steel, but brick break could make all the dual rock/steel pokemon a little more nervous.

I don't really like Clefable here, as you need someone to take hits (especially from fighting types):

Claydol @ Leftovers
Relaxed - Levitate
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Sp.Def
>Rest
>Sleep Talk
>Earthquake
>Ice Beam

You are in need of bulk and fighting resists, so Claydol is your guy. Also works superbly with Muk, taking all the Ground and Psychic for it, while it takes the bug attacks.

Rest and Sleep Talk are needed for lasting longer, Earthquake hits those Fighters in the weak spot, and Ice Beam gives nice coverage. Another option is to substitute Ice Beam with Calm Mind and EQ with Earth Power.

Well that's my team. It has been decently successful, and is a fun team to use, but I know there's always room for improvement.
It certainly has potential, especially with these improvements.

Scimjara

Bert Stare
is a Tutor Alumnus
naa i love this team i have an UU team with the same pokemon but some different

instead of hitmonchan do hitmontop

Ya i definately need some bulkier pokemon on my team. One that I have used before is this Claydol:
leftovers
252 hp, 128 def, 128 spd
bold nature
calm mind, rest, ice beam, and earth power.

It worked pretty well, since it is hard to kill quickly. Once it gets some calm minds, it is almost unstoppable, and if anything bad happens, it survives resting with ease. I also found ice and ground to cover pretty well.

ur garbage

yet another wonderfully insightful and intelligent post by the master of pokemon, motnahp. Dude, why are you even here? This is really well thought out UU team, what makes you say that? Give some evidence next time. If you want to say things like that go back to serebii or marriland or wherever the hell you came from. Because we certainly don't speak to each other like that here.

First Thing that I am worried about how you would deal with DD Altaria, I mean your triple Earthquake Weak doesn't help, and once it grabs a DD or two, it might as well be good game, so would suggest Weezing > Muk. Although you will lose a little attacking power you will still maintain the ability to counter fighters, yet with more solid defensive stats, you will also only take a max of 41.62% from a +1 LO Dragon Claw, whereas Muk with 1 Curse would still take a minimum of 57.49% damage. So without a curse it is obviously not a perfect counter. Weezing will give you the ability to lay around potential threats such as that to keep your opponant in check. I don't really have time to say much more here, but be careful around things like Clefable / Steelix who will wall you if they play intelligantly, you could try a mix sweeper in there somewhere if you don't like depending on Camperupt for that sort of thing, something like Sub Punching Ampharos? Hope some of this helped and Good Luck with your team :D

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright the first thing I see when I look at your team is why is a banded Scyther not running U-turn? As well, the lack of Pursuit or Night Slash is notable. Quick Attack is best on the Swords Dance sweeper because it can be continuously boosted with Swords Dances. Quick Attack under nothing but a +1 boost is rather unimpressive, even with the Technician boost. And about U-turn, the positive effects of continuously hitting your opponent's Scyther counter, going to a counter for their counter, and then going back to Scyther to do the whole process over again, can not be expressed any more greatly. U-turn is far more valuable to the Choice Banded Scyther because of the amount of switches it causes. The drop in power is honestly negligable too considering he fails to OHKO defensive Claydol and Hypno regardless of whether or not he is running X-Scissor or U-turn (does anyone else notice how many hyphenated bug attacks there are?).

---------------------

Next when seeing Scyther I look for your Rapid Spin support, and yet I see none.. which is a real shame considering that Scyther is so much less useful when he's taking 50% damage every time he switches in. After seeing your lack of Rapid Spin, I looked at your Hitmonchan as a revenge killer and thought "Hitmontop could probably do the same job as Hitmonchan" and he can. The elemental punches are rarely going to be of use to your Hitmonchan. The only real reason to use a choiced fighter is for the fast Close Combat, but Hitmontop can equal the power of a Close Combat with Life Orb Fake Out combined with Mach Punch, without having to use a Choice item to do it.

Hitmontop (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Fake Out
- Stone Edge

Is the set that you want to use. It makes a wonderful revenge killer, as well as late game sweeper. During the midgame it takes advantage of its bulk and provides your team Rapid Spin support as well, which is nearly a must if you're going to run Scyther. Especially a choiced Scyther who must switch out a lot.

-------------------------

I personally like your Clefable, however Adamant and Meteor Mash are rather useless. Meteor Mash may hit Rock Types that Facade hits NVE, but Rock types are honestly in short supply in UU, and the ones that are present are generally paired up with Water, which in effect negates the SE damage that you would have done.

You can keep the EV spread, but I'd like to see the nature changed to Brave, and Meteor Mash changed to Fire Blast. This allows the 2HKO on Weezing who would have walled you, as well as doing heavy damage to the Steel types who wall your Facade. All in all, Fire Blast / Facade has far better coverage than Meteor Mash / Facade.

Maintain the current Camerupt set. Choice Specs is rather "meh" with his lacking coverage, and the Life Orb Rock Polish set is arguably his best bet to pull off a sweep.

I haven't had enough experience with Raichu in order to say much about him, but if you're not taking advantage of his advantages over Manectric, then you might as well be using Manectric. The main advantage is Raichu's access to Focus Blast, which is far more valuable than Surf's redundant coverage. The ability to OHKO Clefable and other Fighting weak Pokemon is invaluable to Raichu. If you're not going to run Focus Blast on Raichu, then you might as well run the same set with Manectric as he does it with more Special Attack and Speed.

The team is more than suited to take on the Fighting threats of UU, the only one that poses even a minor threat is Choice Scarf Hitmonlee, but that can be easily beaten through prediction.

All in all, I really like this team, and its dedication to using the advantages that lesser used Pokemon of UU have going for them.

Ok, people have covered the basics just oen thing:
How did you get a Timid Raichu with Surf if all the Pikachus with surf MUST have the hasty nature? just wondering...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)