Regenerator

Just tossing an idea, max defence/hp Evo Stone Tangela could make for a good Subseeder and Doryuuzu counter despite being slow. Switch in to a +2 EQ and take ~15%, Stun Spore as he X-Scissors for around 50%, switch out to your bug resist and kill. You've defeated a powerful component of your opponent's team, losing only a net amount of around 20% on your Tangela. Tangrowth with Leftovers is just about as bulky and can also work here as well, especially when Leftovers negates sandstorm damage.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
^Obviously, sets that require switching in and out often, so Choice sets. Unfortunately, choice fighting is very easy to take advantage of, and HJK is a bit riskier than, say, Close Combat.
I wouldn't use Regeneration on a Scarf set, as he'd welcome the power from Reckless to break bulky sweepers in half and even pose a threat to walls. I even use him in Ubers because he's just that damn strong.

This is great on Slowbro. Ive been using it alot lately and wow is he damn reliable. It just doesnt die and i actually laugh in peoples faces when they try and Pursuit it. Hint : MORON ITS NOT DOING SQUAT WITH REGENERATION lol

Slowbro now is definitely one of THE best bulky waters in the game. No doubt about it. It makes an excellent Roob and Dory counter/check amongst other things. It can also beat CM + 2 Rank 1 vs 1 with Psycho Shock hitting Ranks unboosted defense.

i love regenaration kojondo with u-turn...i can switch in so many times during a battle and score some ko's or scout and switch safely to counters...

No, Slowpoke evolves directly into Slowking by trading it with a King's Rock. Slowbro is fully evolved.
*facepalm* Sorry about that. I thought that it was a NFE just b/c of the fact it could go furthur. Well, either way, regeneration sounds amazing lol =p

What with the thread being bumped, has anyone tried a multiple Regenerator team? Using say Slowbro/King, Tangrowth and Kojondo? Their typings aren't exactly bad and they work reasonably well if you build the rest of the team right, so I may give it a shot, just wanted to know if anyone had tried it.

I could of sworn somebody made a Regeneration RMT a few weeks ago. Might want to go digging for that. Reuniclus also gets Regeneration but you'd be hard pressed to pick that over Magic Guard.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Reuniclus also gets Regeneration but you'd be hard pressed to pick that over Magic Guard.
especially considering that he is neither a wall nor a hit and run sweeper its also mainly useful for healing back residual damage wich magic guard prevents right from the start.

The Mushroom Pig thingy is by far my most effective Pokemon, soley because of this ability. Its bulky so it can switch in, it then Spores the opponent or the opponent's switch in, and then you just recall it and it heals up the damage it took. Its a Sleeping machine that doesn't die!

regeneration is good on a dual screener.
So that you can ditch recover and put in a second attack, so Reunc can screen and kill.

I could of sworn somebody made a Regeneration RMT a few weeks ago. Might want to go digging for that. Reuniclus also gets Regeneration but you'd be hard pressed to pick that over Magic Guard.
Thanks, I'll look it up. Reuniclus's speed lets it down as a regenerator when you'll probably be using Slowbro/King as a psychic, though it might still be useful.

The Mushroom Pig thingy is by far my most effective Pokemon, soley because of this ability. Its bulky so it can switch in, it then Spores the opponent or the opponent's switch in, and then you just recall it and it heals up the damage it took. Its a Sleeping machine that doesn't die!
I was thinking of using the giant mushroom, but its secondary Grass type gives it a ton of weaknesses common to Tangrowth, which is disappointing. Most of the Regenerators share weaknesses, which is troubling when trying to make a team.

Thanks, I'll look it up. Reuniclus's speed lets it down as a regenerator when you'll probably be using Slowbro/King as a psychic, though it might still be useful.

I was thinking of using the giant mushroom, but its secondary Grass type gives it a ton of weaknesses common to Tangrowth, which is disappointing. Most of the Regenerators share weaknesses, which is troubling when trying to make a team.
He has enough bulk to easily survive non stab SE hits easily. Plus I give him a sub as switching him easily gives him the health back from making a sub.

Take him out, sub and the opponent knows that they are gonna have one sleeping pokemon. And I stuck Giga drain in his moveset too. To help with the healing. And HP fire was the last move. Nattorie always comes in and can wall him with out it and Scizor does the same too. A surprise HP Fire owns them.

Bottom line, its a Pokemon you have to try before thinking it'll preform poorly. I had loooooow expectations, but I liked it's shield arms and spore so I decided "Eh why not!". In the end it totally wrecked everything. It also absorbs T Spikes which is nice. But its only good with the DW ability so no use of it now really.

I run a fairly successful Regeneration team on the PO server:
Lineup: Crobat (CB), Mamanbou (Mixed wall), Morobareru (Special wall), Tangela (Physical wall), Tabunne (Special wall / dual screener), Xatu (physically bulky hazard bouncer)
Peaked at 500 on the DW ladder, currently at 323 now that it's been reset. Was at 200 but I stopped playing for a bit.

It works, but it requires a lot of prediction, especially if the opponent is packing Genosect. Reuniclus is a problem. Critical hits can break your defenses and leave you helpless. No hazards hurts.

That being said, I have tried all of the Regeneration users, and I will state my impressions of each of them

Reuniclus - Use Magic Guard, not Regeneration.

Tabunne - Very good supporter, can take hits surprisingly well and can get in and out a lot and set up screens against a scary foe. The only regenerative user of Heal Bell, so... basically vital to any sort of regeneration team.

Tangela/Tangrowth - Both of these can sponge physical hits very well, but Tangela stands out. People seem very confused when they set up Dragon Dance twice on their
Kingdra to have it do 30% and then have me power swap away their boosts and leech seed them. He can even stand up to Doryuuzu, though with more difficulty.

Morobareru - Holy cow. I use this guy as a special wall, and WOW. Spread status, haze with Clear Smog... it's incredible. Basically, unless it has a stab, super effective attack, it's walled. Even then, he can survive stuff like Espeon's psychic.

Slowbro - He's okay. The psychic typing actually lets him down at times. I didn't use him in-depth because there were so many things that hit him super effectively and he didn't resist that much stuff. He helps, but I ended up preferring Mamanbou

Slowking - Same boat as Slowbro.

Mamanbou - Incredible at taking hits and can pass massive Wishes to team members. You can also run Mirror Coat and devastate opponents who think they can OHKO you with a special move, only to deal 60% or less and then watch you switch back and gain most of your health back. Unfortunately prone to being setup on, especially against Lum berry users who aren't afraid of Boil Over's burn.

Corsola - Surprisingly good. I wouldn't say it's the best, but honestly, it actually helps a lot. I've been in battles where this thing ran the show. It learns Mirror Coat, which combined with a specially defensive spread, can really punish the opponent. It can also learn Stealth Rock, and can spread statuses with Boil Over and Toxic, and if your opponent happens to get sand up for you, it's a great special wall.

Kojondo - Regeneration is good for healing off Life Orb damage and whatnot, but 'jondo isn't going to be taking very many hits. I suppose it's a decent user.

Possibly one of the best new abilities (Or of all time) in the game. The ability to heal 33% when switched is awesome!

I think the only poke its not good for is Reuniclus whos magic guard is much better

Mamanbou was the toughest turd ever to kill with this ability. My stupid opponent's just wouldn't DIE! I've got to try it out myself! :D

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
I use amoonguss and mienshao on my team, and I reallly don't think that I'll be replacing them anytime soon. The mushroom was exactly what I was looking for in a wall, and it works oh so well.

We need to pair it up with something to form a defensive core that will overthrow natt/bung (ferrocent?)

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Hey, I was just wondering does regeneration occur after or before a pokemon takes stealth rock damage?? It it occurs first, I can I can see this being very useful for ho-oh.

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Hey, I was just wondering does regeneration occur after or before a pokemon takes stealth rock damage?? It it occurs first, I can I can see this being very useful for ho-oh.
It occurs as soon as your Pokemon switches out, technically. As soon as, say, Slowbro switches out, he regains 33% of his health. So it would theoretically be before SR and Spikes damage is applied.

It occurs as soon as your Pokemon switches out, technically. As soon as, say, Slowbro switches out, he regains 33% of his health. So it would theoretically be before SR and Spikes damage is applied.
Or in other words, they gain the health back while inside the Pokeball. After all pursuiting and etc has been done with. Once they are inside the ball, their health will be back.

I use amoonguss and mienshao on my team, and I reallly don't think that I'll be replacing them anytime soon. The mushroom was exactly what I was looking for in a wall, and it works oh so well.

We need to pair it up with something to form a defensive core that will overthrow natt/bung (ferrocent?)
I put HP Fire on my Amoongus. Natt never sees it coming and it deals heavy damage. Also works on Scizor and Foretress who are both fairly popular. Then Spore if you think they'll switch Natt and hit the new arrival.

I've been using this ability with a Slowbro + Slowking both running modest choice specs with 252 hp, however I boost their higher defenses a bit because it really lets them survive stuff in my experience - around the 280 region if I remember correctly and then the rest goes to special attack.

It works really great against any team without either a dedicated special wall or something to hit them both really hard and survive a specs attack. In other words it's a very reliable duo, one easy to create a team around to cover their weaknesses. Boil Over functions as improvised offensive defense against special walls, it's that little salt in the wound. They are also functionable status absorbers as they don't care about anything but sleep since they won't be staying in for long, heal the damage when going out and always go last anyway.

What with the thread being bumped, has anyone tried a multiple Regenerator team? Using say Slowbro/King, Tangrowth and Kojondo? Their typings aren't exactly bad and they work reasonably well if you build the rest of the team right, so I may give it a shot, just wanted to know if anyone had tried it.
I did it in November on PO.

Was full regeneration though.
Amoongus was good held the team together, Clear smog won games. Rank set up my screens so Slowbro survived those bloody pursuits.
Tangrowth was nice for Kabutops showings back then.
Kojondo was very hard to utilize with regeneration right, because he can't switch in to what you want him too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)