(request) DELETE SMOGON NOW [decision pending]

https://community.pokemon.com/en-us...ever-walked-under-the-heavens-ask-me-anything
this is still live and still a problem. [BANNED SHITHEAD] keeps posting his doxxing rmt and linking his discord. Can someone with an account over there please report some of his later messages and / or try to communicate to the staff there how big of a problem this thing is?
I added a report on there, but realistically I don't think the mods will take much action if they're approving the links in the first place and the mods have been light on removing external links (depending on the mod, maybe Mod_Pandaroo would be receptive), and there have been no bans since July* even for people like FlyPupKai who get a locked thread. On the other hand, nobody in the thread agrees with him and you have to read through most of the pages to even see his links again, so I think the best option is just for the thread to die out naturally. Overall it seems like the small regular userbase of the official pokemon.com forums generally don't know or care about him enough to take it seriously, so it just makes him seem foolish to anyone reading without context.

I think the new champion of the forums UnovanZorua sums it up best:
1714173031842.png

1714173083594.png

I did notice that there were these blanked out messages with no edited marker, which might be a unique censoring method.
1714172827030.png

*So I just found out that Mod_Champion got banned, and they were last active as most recently as last month on March 30th. This is very strange and raises many questions. Is there conflict in the mod ranks? Was Mod_Champion corrupt? Did a mod account get compromised? Do mods get banned if they have to retire?
1714174340457.png

The last mod edit by "Mod_Champeon" would be for keeping language friendly on the Pokemon forums.
1714175045779.png

I found this out from the "Lavos Copypasta 2019" thread where an imgur post with cursing appears to have been removed last year.
https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/discussion/6900/lavos-copypasta-2019
1714174501058.png

1714174490644.png

In more positive mod news, the story of the forums gym challenge has begun and Mod_Bee loves the start of it:
https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/discussion/10813/forums-gym-challenge-story
1714175894750.png

Ravenclawed1234 settled for the role of 2nd gym leader, while Josiah2580 gave up his guaranteed gym position to become a villain instead.
1714175980839.png

1714176015287.png
1714176025249.png

1714176040816.png

Overall I feel like the community has been pretty good at self-regulating even without mods taking direct action like before, as seen in the collective shunning response to a thread about feet which would probably fit in and be deleted back in July:
https://community.pokemon.com/en-us...that-every-game-should-have-a-barefoot-option
1714174660515.png

1714174703980.png

1714174730683.png

Nowadays the forum is mostly just brackets, though this was just a well timed screenshot and there are other occasional random topics that pop up as well, but clasingla is definitely one of the most prevalent posters and thread creators with multiple regular series. Meanwhile, TPCi_GarbageKing hasn't posted a new raid event since Luvdisc.
1714175236783.png

I haven't highlighted it much but clasingla's posting power has been growing steadily, accumulating 1190 posts in only 3 months of joining since January 18, 2024. I think this pace surpasses any of the top posters on Smogon but the meta is just different there.
1714175361426.png

This is also where I learned people are actually using the wall feature aside from that time in July when people were commenting on mod walls. I don't actually think you get notifications for these comments from what I remember.
1714175762652.png

1714175626829.png

A minor and major update with the Pokemon forums:
1714694115344.png

A recent change noticeable in the images of my last posts is that all posts now have a 3-dot icon in the top right. Previously this menu had the edit posts option in the past, but it brings up an empty menu now even on your own posts.

1714694133836.png

https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/discussion/10932/did-anyone-else-get-the-forum-feedback-quiz/p1
1714694378236.png

Apparently there is a survey for feedback being deployed on the forums today. I got it when going to page 2 but accidentally closed the window while trying to take a screenshot, but fortunately clearing my cookies worked to make the survey appear again, though incognito mode didn't. Either way, I can show you the full details of what Pokemon.com is looking for to help develop the forums further. It doesn't seem like this link is unique or account-specific as I got it right after being logged out, and they don't want to identify you anyway, so I will post it here, but I will also detail what the survey asks here as well.

https://pokemonintl.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cSeR3ep2VExOD4i?Q_CHL=si

1714694521262.png

Page 1 shows this is a TPCi operation and is specifically about the Pokemon Community Forums, which I guess is their proper title.

1714694585854.png

Page 2 asks for your age in from 10-12, 13-15, 16-20, and then in increments of 10 up to 60. Note there is no back button.

1714694648450.png

Page 3 asks for gender identity with multiple selections allowed.

1714695191545.png

Page 4 starts off by asking how you found the forums. Now technically I found the forums due to Pokemon Unite using them to post their patch notes in English officially for the first time, which was linked on Twitter in December 2022.

Fun fact: Screenshots from that time show that the default avatar wasn't always a Poke Ball and is probably some vanilla forums default avatar. And these were actually the latest topics at the time in December 2022.
1714695092683.png
1714695103953.png

1714694950622.jpeg

But I think they're referring to the specific ingame link to the forums in Unite, so I decided to just go with "Social Media", though I feel like that refers more to people discovering the forums from when it blew up last year. I guess arguably it's closer to Pokemon.com because it's from an official Pokemon account and they have links on there too. And I've been seeing the forums and its threads come up a lot lately when searching as well, but overall I have to say social media.

1714695220159.png

Page 5 asks what brought you to the Pokemon Community Forums today. As mentioned I originally came to read patch notes, but now I guess I technically browse topics for the sake of it more than anything else as most lurkers would, though most of the regulars probably fall under connecting with other fans. I imagine the TCG Live audience still mainly uses this to report bugs. As noted earlier, TPCi_GarbageKing has been late on posting about events since the Luvdisc raid event. We also have the first Other/open-ended option here.

1714695495341.png

Page 6 asks if you accomplished what you came for, and I did though I only saw the one thread about this survey before doing that instead.

1714695539439.png

Page 7 is a 1-5 scale question with all the options ranked relatively to the word easy. Personally I find it pretty easy to read new topics thanks to there being a page that shows all recent topics across the forum, though if I didn't know then it would be kind of tedious to open all the subforums with no previews.

1714695665089.png

Page 8 asks if you have an account.

1714695694916.png
1714695737024.png

Page 9 asks which topics you are interested in viewing in the forums, though by topic they actually mean the main subforums. You can select multiple options here. I imagine most people are here for either Pokemon General, Unite, or TCG Live.

1714695913640.png

Page 10 asks about your favorite features of the forums, with multiple selection allowed but being asked to select 3 (you can select more than 3 but I don't know if it lets you progress or they just invalidate your response). Personally I have to say choosing an avatar is a main pro, even with the limited selection it makes people more recognizable thanks to the brand. Adding reactions and earning badges is something that Smogon users can relate to as well, but in terms of helpful features I have to say bookmarking/following threads is pretty useful to get notifications. There is a setting to turn on notifications for all threads you posted in, but this doesn't seem to trigger anymore if your post was manually approved. Following categories on the other hand is pretty pointless as it's basically just following a subforum. And you can't really message other forum members like in PMs unless you mean on their activity page, which is something I have not explored much.

EDIT (2024/05/09): I got a notification for a thread my post waited to get approved in so I guess they fixed it.

1714696566365.png

Page 11 is where it gets interesting with the survey asking which features you would like to see come. Personally I think official community events would be appreciated, though I don't know if the mods would handle it as well as the users have been making their own events already with brackets and stories, but I could see it being inspired by those and potentially engaging if not completely sanitized by company guidelines. I would like to see more avatar options, but those seem like they will happen eventually anyway and aren't make or break for me. Customizing displayed topics doesn't seem totally necessary to me right now. More ways to earn points and badges is an interesting proposal, with the current system being mostly Vanilla Forums defaults, so the mods would have to come up with something original like the community events or just add in unused reactions like Promote or Awesome. I think a new subforum for Help and Feedback would be most useful since most people use the News and Articles forum for forum feedback and requests which is the closest thing to a meta. And there's an Other option, which some used to ask for editing back. Overall I think this is a good sign that TPCi is considering positive changes to the forums for once after almost a year since it went mainstream.

1714696825952.png

Page 12 asks what you enjoy most about the Community Forums. I wouldn't say they're a go-to place for the latest Pokemon news as is, nor are they particularly insightful for strategy, but they are alright at serving their purpose of being a general community forum and also providing patch notes for specific games, so I expect those to be the main answers.

1714696963652.png

Page 13 has some more traditional 5-point Likert scale style questions, asking if the forums are relevant, active, visually appealing, easy to use, and intimidating.

1714697049060.png

Page 14 asks how you typically engage with Pokemon in terms of aspects of the franchise, coming back to demographics.

1714697147525.png

Page 15 asks how likely you are to recommend the forums to a friend or family member. This is a tough question because on one hand I'm personally fine with the site itself, but in terms of recommending it to other people it wouldn't be first on my list of Pokemon forums, and I probably would not ask a family member to sign up to one anytime soon.

1714697694133.png

That is where the survey ends, with a picture of a delivery Pikachu. I will provide further updates if any of these changes come to pass in the near future.

Last edited:
Short update on recent mod activity on the official Pokemon Community Forums:

https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/discussion/11063/imagine-giving-these-rewards-for-milestones
1716061766298.png

User Zhula infamous for complaining about the TCG and calling things "cringe" made a thread. NoahLaprasForum proceeded to ping multiple moderators to close the thread and the thread was actually locked. It seems like more power is being put in the hands of the people, similar to the FlyPupKai incident in the "exposing cheaters" thread, but even in that case a mod independently made the decision to close it with an official message. You can also see the OP was edited which only mods can do as well.

https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/discussion/8515/exposing-cheaters-and-exploiters/p7
1716063710506.png

I also want to point out that last month, a mod actually responded to one of these complaint posts in a thankful manner instead. So do the mods want this kind of feedback or not?
https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/discussion/10705/the-avatars-and-emotes-are-beyond-cringe
1716061820830.png

In response to the recent locking, Zhula made a meta thread which has not been locked yet.
https://community.pokemon.com/en-us...tag-mods-and-ask-for-a-thread-to-be-closed/p1

Some highlights:
1716061974520.png

1716062021409.png

Note: A TechHog post seems to be deleted as another instance of mod action. I saw it at the time, and from my memory and paraphrasing it was basically saying "the mods just don't like you" or something along those lines.

1716062122346.png

UnovanZorua confirms the fact that mods don't seem to respond to private reports and implicitly refers to the AMA responses posted via imgur.

In other news, one of the mainline game brackets has concluded. The finals pit Pokemon Emerald against Pokemon Y, and Y won with 6 votes to Emerald's 1 as the best mainline game as voted by the Pokemon Community Forums.
https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/discussion/11126/mainline-game-bracket-finals

1716062211867.png

1716062232381.png

In related news, there is an official bracket archive now for all bracket/voting related threads.
https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/discussion/11044/bracket-archive/p1

pokemon_fusion seems to be advertising on the forums as well much like pokemonfusion did in another thread on Smogon with an AI generated response based off responses in the thread. However they are actually linking to a knockoff site and not the actual developers.
Hey everyone,

The discussion about the strongest Champion in the Pokémon series is always an intriguing one. I think it's fascinating how each player's perception of strength can vary based on their experiences and interpretations of the lore.

Regarding Red, while there's certainly a mystique surrounding him as the iconic Trainer from the original games, I agree with the sentiment that his strength is more of a vibe or a perception rather than something quantifiable. Each Champion brings their own unique strengths and challenges to the table, making it difficult to definitively crown one as the strongest.

That being said, it's undeniable that Red holds a special place in the hearts of many Pokémon [hyperlink redacted] fans, myself included. His appearance atop Mt. Silver in Pokémon Gold and Silver was a memorable and challenging encounter, symbolizing the ultimate test for Trainers on their journey.

Speaking of memorable boss fights, I'd like to share an article I wrote on the best and worst boss fights in Pokémon. In it, I delve into some of the most iconic battles in the series and discuss what makes them stand out. Feel free to check it out for some nostalgic reflections and insights into the Pokémon gaming experience: [redacted]

Looking forward to hearing more thoughts on this topic!
Their approach on the official forums was much more subdued without explicit advertising, but I believe these are closely related. There hasn't been reason for mods to take this down other than discussing an unofficial fangame though.
https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/discussion/9551/pokemon-infinite-fusions-game
1716062287365.png

Looking at mod actions in general, Mod_Skrilla removed an external link recently about a PMD personality quiz.
https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/discussion/11119/pokemon-forums-mystery-dungeon-quiz/p3
1716062712499.png

1716063195638.png

Mod_Pandaroo removed a link to Wikipedia:
https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/discussion/11018/what-animal-is-arceus
1716062804477.png

I assume these were imgur or some other image host that was removed:
https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/discussion/2497/weakness-not-applying
1716062838609.png

There is one instance of a non-destructive act from Mod_Pandaroo, and that is editing someone's post to unbold it.
https://community.pokemon.com/en-us...-on-how-sv-spoilers-could-be-added-to-masters
1716062935773.png

However, they did not fix it the second time:
https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/discussion/9309/what-do-you-think-is-the-coolest-pokemon
1716062991454.png

In general it seems like Pandaroo is an OG TCG mod from 2022, very strict on not posting any images at all. Times have changed though and the efforts ring hollow when the whole AMA thread is still up untouched.
1716063053224.png

Overall I have to say moderation quality is still rather flaky especially for a presumably paid position, and the potential for a post complaining about the game to be locked based on a user's opinion that they should stop posting sets a particularly poor precedent, when the majority of other threads avoid being locked otherwise. The fact that a thread complaining about moderator decisions is left up is more consistent to the mods' previous acts of noninvolvement. There is a clear lack of communication and inconsistent standards being set despite every forum having the Rules and Guidelines pinned. Personally I like the novelty that unofficial products and prototype mons can be discussed on an official site, but it clearly is against the defined rules yet with no punishments being enforced.

It does not seem like any updates from the survey have been put into place yet. I will update when I am aware of any changes.

The mods are fickle beasts.  Sometimes they will leave a thread up for days or weeks when it has long since descended into squabbling and insult throwing, sometimes they lock it down right away.  Sometimes they will ignore thread after thread requesting the same thing, only to respond to the latest one requesting the same thing in the first reply.  Sometimes you make long, considered posts about things and never hear a peep, only for someone to call something cringe and get an immediate response.  There are probably reasons behind the scenes for this apparently erratic behaviour.  Perhaps certain policies prevent them responding to some threads and users but not others.  Perhaps policies change and where as an older, longer thread with greater user participation had been ignored, they can respond to the first new thread immediately under the new policy.  Or maybe it just depends on the luck of the draw. You just have to get the right mod to see your post at the right time, be on the right mood and able to respond under their own policies and rules.  I doubt we will get any insight into any of this, unless some mod feels inclined to elucidate.

Last edited:
the entire pokemon forum is direct proof that anyone under the age of 13 should not be allowed to put things on the internet.
Is there even a minimum age on the pokemon forum?
Technically the forums are tied to Pokemon.com Trainer Club accounts, which I assume you can sign up for at any age with your parent's permission since the VGC Juniors division exists. The bottom of every Pokemon.com page shows that TPCI has been COPPA certified since 2018, so you might have to be 13 for the forums specifically, but I cannot confirm if this is the case, and it might also fall under parent consent if you already have a Pokemon.com account anyway. The survey from earlier does have a 10-12 option so it's probably expected on some level.

BREAKING NEWS: The 3 dots icon on posts has been updated to include a circle and making the dots smaller. There is no added functionality to the menu.
1716418211834.png
1716419486221.png
1716419474675.png

In other news, there is a new notice about TCG Live bugs and people are very mad. The original TCG Live bug community is truly back with a vengeance.
1716418541985.png

https://community.pokemon.com/en-us...back-many-bug-live-cannot-battle-stuck#latest
1716418725168.png

https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/discussion/11240/before-reporting-bugs#latest
1716418741760.png

1716418851090.png

(Note: Blown_Up_Burmy has 6 abuse reacts. It takes 5 spams to remove a post/send to the spam queue, 5 abuses to send to moderator review, and 10 abuses to remove the post.)

1716418985417.png

https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/discussion/11225/game-bugging-at-coin-flip#latest
It seems like Burmy's posts in another thread got deleted with some replies still remaining.

And a thread from yesterday has already reached page 5:
https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/discussion/11223/matches-not-starting#latest
1716419035177.png

1716419084683.png

1716419108943.png

1716419133956.png

1716419301234.png

1716419386818.png

1716419400182.png

NOTE: As it turns out, Blown_Up_Burmy's account was actually banned and completely purged, happening in the middle of me writing this post between opening up the first thread and the second one where his toxic posts appeared to be deleted. All his posts have been deleted now, and I only managed to screenshot the only evidence of their existence in the seconds before he was taken down. This is a shocking intervention by the moderators, and I have to give them props for this power move reminiscent of last year. This goes to show what the new standard of what it takes to get the mods to act in the Pokemon Community Forums of today.
https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/profile/comments/Blown_Up_Burmy
1716419272927.png

Update: Google has still cached a thread title that he made and that was also deleted in the purging, titled "TPCi Sucks. Please DO YOUR JOB!!! (Coin Flip Bug Unresolved)", along with one chiding reply. It seems that Burmy had accused someone of bribing TPCi at this point.
https://community.pokemon.com/en-us...s-please-do-your-job-coin-flip-bug-unresolved
1716419709322.png

1716419776792.png

Also, in case an official forum moderator is looking for feedback, I have a complaint about the notification system. In the menu it groups together multiple comments in the same topic unlike Smogon. This is because in the list of all notifications you get a notification for every individual post while Smogon doesn't remind you after the first unread.
1716420083187.png

However, the issue is that it brings you to the first of the comments in the group instead of the most recent, so even though there was a new comment made half an hour ago, it still groups it in with old notifications and so I get jumped to a page before the newest post, because the notification link + avatar is based on UnovanZorua's April 28 post rather than clasingla's 6:55 PM post.
1716420197065.png

1716420515747.png

Last edited:
Update: clasingla's profile has a new field saying "I like Pokemon". I don't know how this exists as I don't have it so it might be a rank 4 privilege. They posted a status update saying the same thing which I tried as well. Status updates seem to always require approval. There is a delete button on them that I haven't tried clicking. An interesting note is that these status posts can be reacted to unlike Smogon. They may not count to reaction score like PMs though since they don't seem to appear in the individual reaction count or comments list.

1716658483503.png
1716659050212.png

1716660423525.png

Before updating on TCG stuff, I will take the advice of the 100 LOLs badge and look at some more lighthearted content.
https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/discussion/9748/joke/p4
1716658449393.png

1716658422721.png

https://community.pokemon.com/en-us...on-unite-my-kids-play-the-game-and-we-hear-pe
1716658593033.png

Actually this is sad.

1716658643204.png

https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/discussion/11056/which-country-do-y-all-live-in/p1

1716658695232.png

1716658737788.png

1716658757453.png

1716658722980.png

1716658767122.png

It would turn out this thread was not as benevolent as expected.

1716658839977.png

1716658870475.png

It turns out that Pokemaster9293 managed to make a profit based on a bet on the intelligence of Pokemon forums users. This is probably the most successful thing anyone has ever leveraged it for.

1716658952796.png

1716658983423.png

1716658972113.png

1716658998329.png

The TCG live drama has been heating up in the last few days, starting off with Mod_Skrilla making an acknowledgment in the big thread:
https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/discussion/11223/matches-not-starting/p6
1716659273168.png

1716659363632.png

1716659382271.png

(Pokemon GO is actually the buggiest app game of the year.)
1716659449454.png

There is a divide between the complainers and the dev defenders, which is just JazzyUnicornGir:
1716659531213.png

1716659508137.png

Some people work on creating their own solutions:
1716659634525.png

1716659687507.png

Others have not had success:
1716659671976.png

1716659759990.png

1716659217312.png

clasingla joins the pro-dev side:
1716659791798.png

1716659805469.png

1716659817584.png

1716659850476.png

1716659872458.png

1716659102297.png

1716659884816.png

1716659898448.png

1716659924678.png

1716659916914.png

1716659934560.png

1716659961360.png

DoubleCure returned to the forums to post that the devs fixed it apparently. No one else posted about the bug after this so I assume they all went back to TCG Live.

There is still some fallout in other threads though.
https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/discussion/11283/can-you-just-fix-it-now#latest
1716660232397.png

I think someone with anger issues of their own should note that telling people to calm down may not be very effective when they just want to use the forum to vent.

1716659170096.png

My favourite is this thread that became a debate about how software development works with everyone putting their credentials on the table.
https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/discussion/11268/why-is-tcglive-so-bad
1716660042438.png

1716660059444.png

1716660069496.png

1716660090436.png

The TCG live players even turn on each other:
1716660131042.png

1716660138688.png

1716660148413.png

This is how I learned that there's an option to show your email publicly on the Pokemon Forums, which I will not be showing.

1716660313096.png

Ravenclawed1234 is on team clasingla/taking programming courses in school.

1716658541204.png

1716660953920.png

Even blatant virus links are being allowed on the forums in the wake of the TCG issues, connected to the private server spammers. I suspect this will be deleted soon and I will not link it directly, but the file is a suspiciously named exe.

1716660677746.png

1716660856211.png

1716660859943.png

For science I actually downloaded this (do not open). We can see that this was an AHK/autohotkey file with its icon. Hill-98 is confirmed to be one of the private server hosters and is connected to its GitHub repository. I still have no idea who actually cares about these or uses them other than the spammers on the official forums but it goes even deeper than that.

According to an anonymous issue, Hill-98 is making money off this, but when reported immediately a bunch of other accounts jumped in to accuse them of impersonation and being jealous while not denying it. It seems to me that there is a lot of inter community Chinese drama spilling over to this one dev. Now I wonder if the private server advertisers were false flags trying to get TPCi's eyes on it and take it down.
https://github.com/Hastwell/Omukade.Cheyenne/issues/7
1716661467903.png

1716661483228.png

1716661523650.png

1716661545655.png

https://github.com/Hastwell/Omukade.Cheyenne/issues/9
1716661103117.png

Truly the extended TCG Live community is a pageant of crimes, love, and hate. We can also blame it for being the reason these forums were created, so really I feel like TPC would be better off without it ever existing, but here we are.

EDIT: Also there was another Zhula thread. He got 8 abuse reacts so far.
https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/discussion/11265/if-you-lose-as-arc-tina
1716662641748.png

1716662617181.png

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)