CAP 2 Revenankh Spriting Thread (aka Part 12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atyroki's sprite is incredible, but I think it'd look even better with slightly lighter-coloured bandages.

KoA's is also very good too.

This is hard.

If you look at the original art, the face is kind of pointed
at the bottom, but Dragonzrule and KoA's sprites just look
like they have oval heads, I'd probably like them
more if they didn't >>

I have been working on my own sprites. I haven't finished the back sprites, but hopefully I'll have them soon(I have a lot of work to do before spring break ends, but hopefully I'll have them before the week ends):

I may touch them up, but for the most part I'm done with them. In all honesty, I cannot take credit for all of the colors. I used KoA's bandage and arm band colors and Atyroki's shiny hand colors to make the normal sprites(I can't really make very good pallates, especially in a rush). The shiny versions are either reversed colored or my own pallates, though.

I'm gonna post the spriting poll tomorrow afternoon sometime. We have a nice pool of high quality submissions. I just want to give some notice of the new thread, mainly so certain people can get back sprites up.

On a random note, Firefox recognizes gonna as a word but no spriting.

I personally am still liking KOA's. I think it has the best image of an impassable tank. The other sprites look too angry for my liking and I think the passive personality of KOA's best fits what we're looking for in this pokemon.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Blaughaghaugh

I was pulled away on an impromptu fishing trip this last weekensd and was stranded without a computer for a few days.

I still need to get my second pose and backsprites done but I can get the backsprite done by tonight's end if I hustle the fuck up.

Blaughaghaugh

I was pulled away on an impromptu fishing trip this last weekensd and was stranded without a computer for a few days.

I still need to get my second pose and backsprites done but I can get the backsprite done by tonight's end if I hustle the fuck up.
Backsprites are all I want for the poll. Animation can be done later, I don't feel like forcing everyone to do it.

KoA

is an Artist
Alright, I won't worry at all about second pose for now. Gives me more time to be dedicated to the important thing.

Phew, after hours of staring at the MSPaint screen, I finally finished the back sprites. Eh, they probably could've been done better but I was rushing.

EDIT: I'll just put both sets on one picture:

Nice. The back sprite looks better than the Front one IMHO, the head just looks fucked on it's side when it's not in the back sprite.

I like Atyroki's and King of Anime's the best, though all are very good!
When you compare those two though, I would say that I prefer the actual sprite pose of Atyroki's and I prefer the colors from King of Anime.

I don't really care for the colors of the hands from Atyroki's because they remind me too much of Deoxies colors and I just feel like it's too much of a different contrast from the mummy gold. Change the hand colors and it be great. I love the shiny form on the KoA sprite too though, and can't wait to see the back sprite.

KoA

is an Artist
Update on backsprite:

Got the basic outline done, the rest should be dealt with in one fell swoop tomorrow.

Sorry If I'm holding shit up. :(

wow. these all look amazing. i really like flygons back sprite, but the head just creeps me out on the front.
also, KoA's is really good, cant wait too see the final product tomorrow.
and atyroki's looked great. i dont know whos to pick.

KoA, hurry up and finish. You were the first one to submit and the last one to finish. I don't want to have to edit in the back sprite after the poll starts, that just hurts your chances.

To Tennis and co, do you want your sprite to be part of the poll or not? Someone mentioned removing it, just wondering if you guys agree.

Hyra, is there any way to make a tri-pronged poll? Ie: A single thread, with 3 sections to vote in (Front, Back, and Shiny)? So you could vote once in each section, in the same thread?

Hyra, is there any way to make a tri-pronged poll? Ie: A single thread, with 3 sections to vote in (Front, Back, and Shiny)? So you could vote once in each section, in the same thread?
I'd prefer to keep the style consistent among the sprites. It would just be weird to have a different pose for the shiny, and different colors for the back sprite.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
KoA, hurry up and finish. You were the first one to submit and the last one to finish. I don't want to have to edit in the back sprite after the poll starts, that just hurts your chances.

To Tennis and co, do you want your sprite to be part of the poll or not? Someone mentioned removing it, just wondering if you guys agree.
we've decided to remove it since all the other sprites are just on another level all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)