XY OU Rmt 1,510 on OU ladder XY

I've been trying out some new OU teams but there was no comparison as to which team i used well, this team worked out really nicely but I was wondering which Pokemon would act as a good replacement for making this team better. From scratch at 1000 on the ladder I climbed up to 1,510 and I cant get any higher, comment on what I should do to make the team even better.

Here's my team:

Skarmory is most of the time my lead just to set up rocks and whirlwind out to get residual damage of course via rocks. i like using it and its a great physical wall but I really want to have counter on it because it is such a good move with skarmory to take the physical hit well and double the damage onto the opponents Pokemon. I was wondering if their would be a good replacement for any one of my Pokemon that can act as a poke to use whirlwind/roar like heatran or something. And should I add some special bulk to it so i can take neutral special attacks a little better or is all physical good on skarmory. BTW I don't think having an attacking move on Skarmory is good even if taunt because most of the time I would have a safe switch into something else. And of course Defog for hazard riddance

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Gliscor can obviously be a pain to take down because of toxic heal and protect, I use it as my second Physical wall and to have something on my team that can get toxics off on the opposing Pokemon. Again should I add special bulk to this or not because its special defense is atrocious without any sort of investment. I like making my gliscor fast but I should probably run max hp rather than max speed but I want a little speed to out-speed any common threats that may be a good counter to gliscor.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Protect
- Roost

Chansey walls everything special, seriously everything. I decided not to go max defense and instead be a complete special tank that will eat up everything even super effective focus blasts from landorus'. I thought that I didn't need the physical defense because I already have two physical walls so whats the point. The only thing I am iffy about is the move-set, I want aromatherapy because it may come in handy but in most of my battles I end up not using it because I have more important things to do. I want to know any better move set that can qualify well with this chansey.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss

Keldeo is my strongest special attacker as it is max special attack and is modest and not timid. it is super strong with choice specs and can dish out some massive damage and chansey doesn't wall it because secret sword hits on the physical side just like psyshock. I like hp fire on this thing because it hits scizor's really really hard and can catch your opponent by surprise. If there is anything better than jeldeo besides greninja because i've used that thing too much before XD. Plus its ability is pretty much useless, any thoughts on Keldeo?

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Fire]

For the mega of this team I wanted something fast with either u-turn or volt switch, so I was leaning towards mega scizor but that would make three steel types, and too many physical attackers so I went with Mega manectric and boy am I happy that I picked this. Getting that little bit of damage from volt switching is always very fun and is my strategy, I also love the intimidate as it nerfs any physical attackers that aren't going to use EQ on you. This Pokemon is flawless and I want it part of the team because it out speeds many many threats like greninja. If I am not leading with Skarmory I am 99% of the time leading with this just to get initiative via volt-switch.

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Overheat

Bisharp has swept many teams because of its super overpowered knock off that obliterates so many things except for some mega evolutions since they cant get their item knocked off and dong get the knock off boost. I ran stone edge because I don't have any other rock move on this team, if their is anything like bisharp in OU that has access to stone edge and can still be as powerful as bisharp I would like to know. I love its ability as any stat that goes down will raise its attack by 2 which is simply the definition of overpowered. Sucker punch for priority+stab of course.

Bisharp @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

What replacements would you recommend for my OU team?
RMT!!!!!!!

Hi! I'm here to rate your team. I have a very similar version of this team, and it doesn't look all that bad. Just some things here and there (then again, I'm not super experienced, someone may refute my claims). First off, your team is quite weak to keldeo. Chansey/Bisharp are weak to sacred sword, Gliscor doesn't want to take a scald or an icy wind, and neither does skarmory. Mega manectric is your only saving grace here, and you can't switch in to any of Keldeo's attacks. I recommend you replace Chansey with Specially Defensive Sylveon. She can eat up Keldeo's hits, and do damage back with a Pixilate Hyper Voice.

4 SpA Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Keldeo: 300-354 (92.8 - 109.5%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

also, change Gliscor's EV's to this spread.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Protect

This is more of a stally set, and is the most standard, as gliscor needs more of a defense investment, not speed. Alternatively, you could change him to a specially defensive spread to take Keldeo's hits better.

Those are just my two cents. Again, I'm not super experienced, but hope this advice helped!

Hi Joseph! Thanks for sharing your team with us and congrats on getting past 1500.

A few things I noticed...

Keldeo needs to be timid. The only reason keldeo can pull of a choice specs set in the first place is because of its amazing speed. If you run modest too many important threats that you are supposed to check will be able to outspeed you. It's still a powerhouse when running timid anyway.

Also, despite having two physical walls already you should go defence on chansey. With her HP and eviolite she already takes every special hit in the game and laughs at it, the physical defence is much more important. Running 252 in special defence only adds a very, very small amount of special bulk to chansey and is a waste of EVs. Even with defence investment she's still the best special wall in the game. With special defence investment special attacks do nothing to her, but they do nothing to her without that investment anyway. With physical defence investment you can turn 2HKO's into 3HKO's which is absolute crucial to making sure chansey can stay alive long enough to heal herself and continue to help the team.

Finally, take thunder off mega manectric and put thunderbolt on. Thunder has horrible accuracy and will miss at extremely important moments and either get your manectric KO'd or lose you the game. Thunder should only ever be used wit rain support.

Thanks so much for the feedback, this helps a lot. I was also a typo on thunder for manectric it's actually was thunderbolt XD, but thanks a lot anyway. Appreciate it.

To answer your question, you should use some SpD on Skarmory. Staying so biased only on the Physical side is what too many of the top ranked players don't do this Gen - that doesn't help as much anymore. I've used Skarmory extensively since Sinnoh.

224 HP / 252 Def / 32 SpD Impish Nature
Smogon says this about that EV spread:
"224 HP EVs allows Skarmory to regain Sturdy after switching into Stealth Rock and receiving two layers of Leftovers recovery."
However, I'd personally recommend 252 HP / 176-204 Def / 52-80 SpD, because you have a Gliscor for like, super effective Physical hits on Skarmory, and you can use this to test if you actually get two "layers of Leftovers" recovery.
The above person was right about Chansey - I recommend 244 HP / 248 Def / 16 SpD Bold Nature. It reduces SR dmg. Chansey actually avoids fainting to some Physical attacks with an HP / Def emphasis.
Hydro Miss AND Surf on Keldeo...if you're not going to use Icy Wind then use Hydro Pump and Scald, which in theory, according to me, are two different and useful options.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)