ORAS OU RMT: Contrary Serperior Team

Serperior has been one of my favorite pokemon of all time, once contrary serperior was released as a legal ability, I just had to use it in competitive play.

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse
- Synthesis

The Life Orb will give it extra power to it's already maxed out special attack. Using Leaf Storm will deal lots of damage and raise it's special attack 2 stages. Dragon Pulse is used to sweep dragon types. HP Fire is used to counter ice types. Synthesis is used for healing.

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Secret Sword
- Scald

Keldeo is served as a bulky special sweeper and as a counter to fire types. The sub/calm mind combo will ensure that it can sweep without taking too much damage from attacks. Scald and Secret Sword are powerful STAB moves.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 40 Atk / 72 Def / 152 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Swords Dance
- Roost

This is the same poison heal gliscor that is used in my Talonflame team except instead of knock off it has façade in order to get a lot of power from being poisoned.

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Psyshock

Latios is served as a special sweeper and a hazard remover. The life orb will give it a higher special attack for a STAB Draco Meteor and Psyshock to do a lot of damage. Defog removes hazards but also gives a better chance for Leaf Storm and Draco Meteor to hit.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Wish

Clefable is served as a special staller. Leftovers and Wish will ensure healing for Clefable and the team. A STAB Moonblast will be very powerful once Calm Mind is put into good use. Flamethrower is used to counter steel types.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 64 Def / 180 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off

Scizor is the team mega. It's ability technician (after mega evolving) will give a boost to bullet punch and knock off. Setting up swords dance will ensure that scizor will sweep. Roost is used to heal after setting up max swords dance.

Thanks for viewing this team! Feel free to leave any suggestions.

Hi,
Nice team! There are, however, a few changes I'd like to suggest for the squad.

First off, you seem to have built the team for the more offensive Scizor set. I suggest you use that instead of the bulky one you have now.

The second thing I notice when looking at the team is a huge ice weakness (one 4x weak, 2 normal weaknesses, with only 2 resists) as well as a rather large fire weakness. This can be somewhat remedied by replacing Gliscor, who doesn't seem to fit too well with the team anyway. I'd suggest replacing it with Heatran (set below). It has solid attacking and defensive stats, whilst providing another ice resist and Flash Fire support for Scizor. It also brings stealth rocks to the team.
<<<

Another thing is that Sub CM Keldeo may not be the best fit on a team like this. I think that it's a better idea for you to use specs Keldeo instead to help break through various walls on the battlefield.

I also believe that Clefable is a bit passive on a team such as this. IMO Raikou could fit in this position instead. It provides volt switch support and can still set up CM to sweep.
<<<

On Serperior, Giga Drain would be a reasonable option over Synthesis to provide longevity whilst not removing pressure from the other team. Serperior also isn't normally bulky enough to use synthesis and not die.

Lastly, I would think about using Latias instead of Latios. This would be for healing wish support to help Scizor sweep a second time. However, Latios is slightly more offensive. Besides that, they do similar jobs. Just consider it, you don't have to do it if you prefer offence > defence.

That's it for my rate. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Feel free to completely disregard my advice too. Finally, if anyone else sees a mistake I've made or something dumb I've done, feel free to correct me. Thanks and good luck with the team!

Tl;Dr: Just read the bold bits

Sets:
Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast/Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Volt Switch

and Latias if you choose so:
Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)