RMT: Grumble Grumble Grumble...

So after usually rolling with a Bulky Offense type, I decided try other playing styles. Stall seemed the hardest for me since I'm ridiculously impatient, and thought I would fail at it. So naturally, I tried. However the team didn't disappoint, so I figured I would share this team with everyone, so to get some feedback on how I can improve it

At A Glance...

Team Building Process
My initial need was a strong defensive core. One that wouldn't be bothered by status much; and had their own methods of healing; as well as being able to drop hazards. I decided to use the core of Skarmory and Chansey.

However, SkarmChans isn't invincible. It had one huge hole in it in Infernape, and I needed to find a way to handle it. Tentacruel allowed me to do this; while maintaining its own unique role.

However, using Tentacruel gave me a second electric weakness, and that wouldn't do with all the Rotom-W's running around. Jolteon became a staple on my team allowing me to accomodate my defensive core.

Next, all stall teams needed a spin blocker. Rather than go for something bulky, I decided to run Gengar since my team was a little on the soft hitting side for my liking.

Lastly the glue to my team was something that could clean up after everything had been worn down by hazards. Dragonite in you go.

In Depth Analysis
Grumpy Fox

Grumpy Fox (Jolteon) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball
Jolteon is arguably one of my favourite pokemon of the team, because its so amusing to <censored> with peoples heads when they use Rotom-W because they cant Volt Switch because of the fear of being stuck thanks to his handy ability. I decided to run a Modest nature over a Jolly one since it still lets me outrun Base 110's and Tornadus; while still giving me a much higher boosted Spec Attack with Choice Specs. I've been thinking about swapping Shadow Ball for Signal Beam for the sole purpose of that it gives me the opportunity to hit Dark types harder.
GrumpyDragon

GrumpyDragon (Dragonite) (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- ExtremeSpeed
Choice Band Dragonite is fantastic. It's sheer power is frightening to anything as even resisted moves will take a huge chunk of my opponents HP. CB Dragonite allows me to grab KO's without needing to set up; specifically on pokemon that I either need to revenge kill, or just kill immediately before it gets a chance to set up. This GrumpyDragon is perfect for a late game sweep.
GrumpyBirdy

Grumpy Birdy (Skarmory) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird
The first of my defensive core. Skarmory's basic job is to drop Spikes and whirlwind away until I need to switch out; healing when necessary.
Grumpy Grin

Grumpy Grin (Gengar) (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Pain Split
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
Firstly, I apologize for not coming up with a better nickname. But for some reason she reminded me of Rupert Grint. Which for some reason led to the name of Grumpy Grin. Anyway; I decided to roll with a SubSplit set for the sole reason that SubDisable has become so predictable, everyone anticipates it. Anyway; I try to hide painsplit for as long as I can, so that my opponent will assume that its a Sub Disable. and simply try to counter it. Jokes on them. I guess Grumpy Grin has a reason to be grinning afterall.
Grumpy Squid

Grumpy Squid (Tentacruel) (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 168 HP / 232 Def / 108 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
Yes, I do very much enjoy using this Angry Squid. And he makes a triumphant and grumpy return in my Stall team. Grumpy Squid allows me to counter what Skarm/Chansey cannot; and thats Fire and Fighting attacks. At the same time, my Squid is able to spin away hazards (looking at you, Stealth Rock) and set his own Toxic Spikes, which really help me when I'm stalling as i have two layers up
NotSo Grumpy

NotSo Grumpy (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock
The last of my defensive core is NotSo Grumpy. I mean look at it; that thing clearly has no anger issues. Anyway, the most important move on this set is Wish, as it allows me to heal Dragonite, reactivating his Multiscale all over again. Rocks are on here in order to give Skarmory an attacking move, and Seismic Toss allow me to spam and break most subs.

Conclusion & Importable
This team struggles greatly against Breloom and things that toss around Status (looking at you WoW). Also, Double Dance Terrakion <censored>'s me sideways.
Code:
Grumpy Fox (Jolteon) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

GrumpyDragon (Dragonite) (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- ExtremeSpeed

Grumpy Birdy (Skarmory) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

Grumpy Grin (Gengar) (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Pain Split
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Grumpy Squid (Tentacruel) (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 168 HP / 232 Def / 108 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam

NotSo Grumpy (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock

Right off the bat, I suggest that you use a Specially Defensive Heatran over your Jolteon. Jolteon doesn't do much to your team besides absorbing Electric attacks, which Chansey and Heatran do fine. If you do decide to use it, use Toxic over Stealth Rock on Chansey to defeat threats such as Volcarona. You don't need Stealth Rock anymore because Heatran has no problem carrying it. One main reason that you might want to add Heatran is that it gives you more defense against Dragon-types such as Latios and Dragonite and in general more resistances. It also lets you handle Sun teams with better ease, walling non-Earthquake Venusaur and being able to tank a Jump Kick from Sawsbuck.

Use Protect over Ice Beam on Tentacruel. Ice Beam isn't that useful while Protect can net you some HP. Because you're not in a Rain team, it might be less of a use, but it still can help you scout and such. Another thing is change your Tentacruel's EV spread to 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe. This spread lets you tank Physical hits with more efficiency and the 36 Spe EVs lets you outspeed Pokemon that sits on the 244 range to outspeed Tyranitar. Lastly, give 4 EVs to Gengar in HP or Defense. I know this doesn't sound very helpful, but it's always better to be safe than sorry!

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Roar

I hope these suggestions help, and good luck with your team!

Hey,

Nice team, though I think I have some suggestions that can help you improve it. So this looks like a semi-stall team, though to be honest, I think it would benefit from a few changes to make it run more smoothly. Something I would take note of is LighTz911's suggestion of Heatran over Jolteon, as this seems like a very good change that would help out your team regarding its purpose of stalling defensive threats and attacking offensive threats. It can soak up any Fire-type moves aimed at Skarmory and then retaliate with Flash Fire-boosted STAB moves. Additionally, this helps with your big weakness to Drought-based teams. With this change, you could probably run Toxic on Chansey, considering that you would have Stealth Rock covered.

Now, something that you can consider for this team is the type of anti-weather core seen in Tabloo; I think you could make good use of Gastrodon, a Pokemon that's reeling in usage, as it checks most current rain threats bar the occasional Tornadus. With Skarmory, Gastrodon, and Heatran, you'll have every form of weather covered, and this team should experience more success. I suggest using it over Tentacruel, as I imagine that you don't normally get more than 1 layer of Toxic Spikes down before Tentacruel is forced to either switch out or get KOed. Gastrodon also carries Toxic, so you wouldn't miss Toxic-stalling very much.

Now, for a final few changes, I think that you should try out another offensive juggernaut over Dragonite. Don't get me wrong, Dragonite is an amazing, and my favorite, Pokemon, but at this point, a better Dragon for this purpose should probably be considered. I urge you to try out double dance Haxorus to fix this up, as it can boost and sweep in the late-game while lacking a weakness to Stealth Rock which could really hamper you. As a last pointer, make sure that you do not fall down against Spikes-stacking teams, as these will almost assuredly beat you if you do not react carefully due to your lack of a spinner after these changes. Alternatively, you could choose to keep Tentacruel and not worry about this, though there is a trade-off involved in keeping it as well.

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 100 SpD / 160 Spe
Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Roar

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature (+SpD, -Spe)
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Recover

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Dragon Dance
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Cool team and good luck! I hope I helped.

Right off the bat, I suggest that you use a Specially Defensive Heatran over your Jolteon. Jolteon doesn't do much to your team besides absorbing Electric attacks, which Chansey and Heatran do fine. If you do decide to use it, use Toxic over Stealth Rock on Chansey to defeat threats such as Volcarona. You don't need Stealth Rock anymore because Heatran has no problem carrying it. One main reason that you might want to add Heatran is that it gives you more defense against Dragon-types such as Latios and Dragonite and in general more resistances. It also lets you handle Sun teams with better ease, walling non-Earthquake Venusaur and being able to tank a Jump Kick from Sawsbuck.

Use Protect over Ice Beam on Tentacruel. Ice Beam isn't that useful while Protect can net you some HP. Because you're not in a Rain team, it might be less of a use, but it still can help you scout and such. Another thing is change your Tentacruel's EV spread to 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe. This spread lets you tank Physical hits with more efficiency and the 36 Spe EVs lets you outspeed Pokemon that sits on the 244 range to outspeed Tyranitar. Lastly, give 4 EVs to Gengar in HP or Defense. I know this doesn't sound very helpful, but it's always better to be safe than sorry!

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Roar

I hope these suggestions help, and good luck with your team!
I found out from this post that when you bold words they become much more powerful.

Disagree with the double dance Hax...this slot on the team is reserved for a fierce and powerful attacker. CB Hax has more speed and attack than Nite while doing many of the same things. Loss of fire punch for coverage hurts, but most of the time with this guy you can just click on outrage and watch stuff die. (There is something to be said for Nite's priority, though.)

Mind games of Jolteon vs. R-W is huge in this meta especially with the popularity of the latter (it can't even thunder wave, while jolt can twave back to basically take out its scarf), but you can't count on it as much as you are. Heatran does have unusual bulk for a fire type, paired with its excellent secondary steel typing to give it a good set of resistances. It also helps you break down VoltTurn offensive cores, and has the incidental benefit of walling Scizor without superpower and netting you a free turn as he switches out. If you roar on this predicted switch, yay, MORE passive damage!

hey guys, thanks for the feed back
i made the following changes, but i feel the hurt my team rather than helped
* Changed Jolteon to Specially Defensive Heatran
* Changed Dragonite to Double Dance Haxorus
* Changed Tenatcruel to Gastrodon
I've become more susceptible to Hazards, and Skarmory has a field day against my team once Heatran is down, being able to whirlwind away Haxorus before i can set up, and without Tentacruel i struggle mightily against hazards

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)