.:RMT - Is This Real Life?:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The team is based around an all out attack with mixed special and physical hitters. With the possibility to take hits with my two "walls" in Latias and Rotom-H. It's my attempt at an offensive minded team, with really no time for the opponent to set anything up and take a breather.

My Team

Jolteon (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Signal Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
---
My lead, and with the issue for most teams being a Jolteon, a good start for me. Signal Beam was a good idea imo to hit some Celebi's or Grass users. Just an array of attacks for the speedster.

Lucario (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 40 Atk / 216 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
~ Close Combat
~ Stone Edge
~ Dark Pulse
~ Hidden Power Ice

CC will OHKO tyranitar with ease, as long as Blissey and plenty of other steels and threats. Stone edge will ohko gyarados and even outspeed it after a DD. Dark Pulse and HP [Ice] for the Gengars, Dragons, and Psychics.

Heracross (F) @ Choice Band/Salac Berry
Ability: Guts
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Night Slash
- Stone Edge
---
I love him, and had to find a way to fit him back in some teams. Bandedcross can OHKO and 2HKO basically everything that comes into him, and can ruin teams in an instant. Pretty standard.

Rotom-h @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/168 Def/88 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Will-o-wisp
- Overheat
- Shadow Ball
---
My status and Scizor counter. Plus the fact that it can take hits like a champ, and with my team "frail" and offensive, a nice bulky "hitter" would be nice. I thought the oven appliance would be good for the team, do you think otherwise?

Latias (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Trick
---
Basically a staple for almost every team now. Trick works wonders against 90% of what switches into it, forcing them to hold a lock-on move when they usually have leftovers, etc. Latias is pretty bulky and can also serve as a wall for me when I need to make some switches. I used the standard moves until I see what works best, but so far it works fine.

Porygon2 @ Leftovers
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP/ 216 Def/ 40 SpAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
---
Changed to Pory2, can counter Salamence, Gyarados, and Heatran with "ease". Hopefully this can bind my team a little closer together and strengthen the team.

The only suggestion I'd make is to run something over either Bullet Punch or Extremespeed on Lucario, mainly because one priority attack is usually enough. I would recommend Crunch over Bullet Punch, because it gives you perfect coverage and Extremespeed is stronger, anyway.

Otherwise, a great team with few weaknesses. Good job!

The first counters i see are DDMence and DDTar. For example, they could come in on Houndoom's Overheat and dragon dance up on the switch. Their movesets, with EQ, stone edge, pursuit, outrage, etc easily OHKO various parts of your team. For this reason, I would suggest Weavile instead of Heracross, because your heracross appears to be a psuedo-revenge killer, and weavile does the job better. SDw/LO or CB is up to you.

Another counter is sub-heatran. Come in on Houndoom (again), substitute, and earth power/flamethrower/toxic/dragon pulse/HP whatver comes out from behind a substitute. Your team doesn't particularily appreciate stasis from toxic in general, and those than can take it (lucario, heracross) are easily taken out by flamethrower. My suggestion as a fix would be to switch rotom for zapdos- they both counter scizor, but zapdos has more potential to take hits with subroost and can handle threats just as well. EVs are up to you.

Another fix is just to take out your setup fodder, houndoom. For your description, weavile or ttar could work much, much better in that slot.

That Jolteon also loses to many common leads, due to sashes+fake outs. I would recommend something like Substitute+Twave+Tbolt+HP Grass, to hit more common leads such as Aerodactyl, Infernape, and Hippowdom better. You could also change it to a lead like Aerodactyl who pretty much can always get rocks out. On an offensive team, that extra ~1/8 can be the difference between OH and 2H KOs.

Thats all I have to say for now.

Houndoom does seem like the weak link atm. I'm wondering if I have the right Rotom appliance for this team.. I could easily change it to a freezer or the washer for the moves, but idk.

Maybe changing Jolteon's HP to Ice could give me more power against the dragons, since boltbeam is still damaging. I'd love to put a Weavile in here somewhere, either for Houndoom or maybe Heracross.

But you're right, I dont need setup fodders with an offensive team i am going for. An attempt you might say. So I'll see what I could do.

Why are you running houndoom over scarftran? Or, if you want a dark type, then why not run tyranitar? This team also lacks stealth rock. You could replace houndoom for heatran and lead with him for stealth rock. And I agree that gengar just insn't common anough to use bullet punch, salamence and dragonite are way more common, so you can use ice punch in that slot.

never been a fan of Heatran, but it is obvious he's the best choice over houndoom. SR isn't a must, but i like the suggestion.

changes have been made

Possible changes in bold. Lucario and Heracross seem to be doing a lot of the same. And I don't want 2 Choice bands or scarfs between them.. ideas?

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Your descriptions are lacking in depth and I ask you to improve them. Read Rule#3 in the RMT rules thread. I will open this thread once the descriptions have been improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)