ORAS Doubles OU RMT MVenu n Friends

I've always wanted to make a RMT, but was always too lazy to get around to making a forum account. I made a couple of teams before and one of my mainstream boring teams have peaked on the ladder around 7th. Anyways, I wanted to try and use some Pokemon that I haven't seen on the ladder as much. This team worked pretty well, but definitely needs some improvements/suggestions.

The Team:

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 188 HP / 48 Def / 148 SpA / 124 SpD
Modest Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

Mega-venusaur has pretty good bulk with thick fat and put stuff to sleep or do decent damage. I usually liked to run this thing with volcarona when I could to redirect some attacks and take out water threats. If I felt lucky and was versing a sun team, I wouldn't mega-evo and hope the slp powder would hit the char y. Basically, it was my bulky attacker and had decent coverage, but steel types really effectively walled mega-venusaur, and if I kept it in, usually I could only just sleep powder steel types. EV spread allowed it to survive stuff like mega-gardevoirs psychic/psyshock and sometimes survive brave bird from tflame, although I usually would just switch out for washtom. 148 sp.atk let it do over 50% to sylveon and togekiss if I kept it in for togekiss.

Volcarona @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Flame Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 240 HP / 124 Def / 100 SpA / 44 SpD
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Bug Buzz
- Rage Powder
- Protect

Volcarona was something I hadn't really seen much of on the ladder, and it does need some support to be able to run. The weakness to stuff like rock slide and rain teams in general kinda made it meh in some battles, but rage powder was a life saver lots of times. Also the fact that overheat can OHKO amoong made it nice, although IT LIKE ALWAYS MISSES WHEN I NEED IT D: It got twind, which I would set when I needed it. For switch ins, it was mostly for stuff like ice beam, close combats, and psychics aimed at mvenu if my volcarona wasn't out with it.

*Changed twind to bug buzz for cress and others

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn

Scarf might be a better set, but I always liked running band since it could score nice OHKOs on shuca tran and mkang, and also sometimes picked up some ko's that my opponent ev'd to survive a scarf lando. Also, twind usually would be up since there are two setters on the team, but even outside twind it functioned decently. I needed something against shuca tran mainly because volcarona and mvenu got walled by it, and some intimidate support. I ran knock off over the usual u-turn because since it wasn't scarfed, a lot of the time I would get hit before switching out. Knock off had similar coverage to u-turn and allowed me to hit cress hard, but then again usually icy wind or ice beam would come back and do some damage.

*Changed knock off to U-turn

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 244 HP / 120 Def / 108 SpA / 36 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Protect

This was mainly for switch ins for incoming ice beams on lando-t, and brave birds on mvenu. It was also an additional counter to char y, even though it can't OHKO with tbolt. Hydro pump was run because the amount of damage scald does is kinda laughable, although all the misses that constantly happen were also kind of annoying. It also functioned pretty well in rain, but ludicolo was always a pretty large problem to the team. Unless twind was up, ludicolo was such a huge problem because I didn't run any flying types on the team and it did lots of damage while tanking attacks from my pokemon. The last moves were standard with will-o for other phys attackers.

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power

Hydreigon was probably the most meh member on the team when I used it but it definitly got some usage. It didn't hit as hard as I wanted it too sometimes and got outspeeded by stuff that ohkod it some time, but I needed something for stuff like Kyurem-Black and also helped deal with stuff like mdiancie and fairies. I wasn't sure if I wanted heat wave over it though, since most of the time I couldn't switch it in to deal with a fairy since it had a 4x weakness. I put in 200 speed so it could just barely speed creep lando-T. Overall, it functioned pretty well as a fast attacker with nice coverage and bulk, but still... with so much stuff running ice type for landos and fighting for mkangs, and 4x fairy weakness kinda made me want to find a replacement

Zapdos @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 168 HP / 112 Def / 140 SpA / 88 SpD
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Tailwind
- Protect

Zapdos was made to deal with lando-T and set up twind. It could deal decent damage and just function pretty well as a support and switch in to some moves. One problem with using it however was it added more to the overall ice type weakness of the team, but ice beams usually didn't deal too much damage to it. Not really much to say about it, but it did really help support and bring the team together overall, although more ice weakness was bad.
*Changed this to cress if you scroll down

Last edited:

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
If Kyurem-B manages to set up a Sub against this team, which isn't too hard, it becomes a massive threat (unless you have both Hydreigon and Landorus-T on the field at once and it's already used Protect). While there isn't a ton you can do about that, you can at least give Volcarona Bug Buzz instead of Tailwind. This also helps your team take on Cresselia once Hydreigon goes down, and also hits Latios/Hydreigon for super effective damage when Tailwind is up (they'll love switching in on Zapdos).

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
Why not sitrus>lefties on volc?
Also, slow-ish u turn is great. If your lando gets hit before it uturns out, that gives it more utility than scarf u turn, as you get a safe switch while still cycling intimidate.

qsns

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
VGCPL Champion
hi =] i agree with what ablast said about sub kyube and it's something that jumped out at me when initially looking at the team. tbh I don't see what zapdos does for you at all besides speed control considering you already have an electric type and really aren't lando weak. all it does is add to an ice and rock weakness (meaning it doesnt really help with lando lol). if you need speed control in that slot just go with offensive twave cress. its a bit of an odd set but it works pretty well and it'd fit on your team.

Cresselia (F) @ Expert Belt
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave

stole the set from qwerts

Last edited:
I've always wanted to make a RMT, but was always too lazy to get around to making a forum account. I made a couple of teams before and one of my mainstream boring teams have peaked on the ladder around 7th. Anyways, I wanted to try and use some Pokemon that I haven't seen on the ladder as much. This team worked pretty well, but definitely needs some improvements/suggestions.

The Team:

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 188 HP / 48 Def / 148 SpA / 124 SpD
Modest Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

Mega-venusaur has pretty good bulk with thick fat and put stuff to sleep or do decent damage. I usually liked to run this thing with volcarona when I could to redirect some attacks and take out water threats. If I felt lucky and was versing a sun team, I wouldn't mega-evo and hope the slp powder would hit the char y. Basically, it was my bulky attacker and had decent coverage, but steel types really effectively walled mega-venusaur, and if I kept it in, usually I could only just sleep powder steel types. EV spread allowed it to survive stuff like mega-gardevoirs psychic/psyshock and sometimes survive brave bird from tflame, although I usually would just switch out for washtom. 148 sp.atk let it do over 50% to sylveon and togekiss if I kept it in for togekiss.

Volcarona @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 240 HP / 124 Def / 100 SpA / 44 SpD
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Bug Buzz
- Rage Powder
- Protect

Volcarona was something I hadn't really seen much of on the ladder, and it does need some support to be able to run. The weakness to stuff like rock slide and rain teams in general kinda made it meh in some battles, but rage powder was a life saver lots of times. Also the fact that overheat can OHKO amoong made it nice, although IT LIKE ALWAYS MISSES WHEN I NEED IT D: It got twind, which I would set when I needed it. For switch ins, it was mostly for stuff like ice beam, close combats, and psychics aimed at mvenu if my volcarona wasn't out with it.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off

Scarf might be a better set, but I always liked running band since it could score nice OHKOs on shuca tran and mkang, and also sometimes picked up some ko's that my opponent ev'd to survive a scarf lando. Also, twind usually would be up since there are two setters on the team, but even outside twind it functioned decently. I needed something against shuca tran mainly because volcarona and mvenu got walled by it, and some intimidate support. I ran knock off over the usual u-turn because since it wasn't scarfed, a lot of the time I would get hit before switching out. Knock off had similar coverage to u-turn and allowed me to hit cress hard, but then again usually icy wind or ice beam would come back and do some damage.

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 244 HP / 120 Def / 108 SpA / 36 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Protect

This was mainly for switch ins for incoming ice beams on lando-t, and brave birds on mvenu. It was also an additional counter to char y, even though it can't OHKO with tbolt. Hydro pump was run because the amount of damage scald does is kinda laughable, although all the misses that constantly happen were also kind of annoying. It also functioned pretty well in rain, but ludicolo was always a pretty large problem to the team. Unless twind was up, ludicolo was such a huge problem because I didn't run any flying types on the team and it did lots of damage while tanking attacks from my pokemon. The last moves were standard with will-o for other phys attackers.

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power

Hydreigon was probably the most meh member on the team when I used it but it definitly got some usage. It didn't hit as hard as I wanted it too sometimes and got outspeeded by stuff that ohkod it some time, but I needed something for stuff like Kyurem-Black and also helped deal with stuff like mdiancie and fairies. I wasn't sure if I wanted heat wave over it though, since most of the time I couldn't switch it in to deal with a fairy since it had a 4x weakness. I put in 200 speed so it could just barely speed creep lando-T. Overall, it functioned pretty well as a fast attacker with nice coverage and bulk, but still... with so much stuff running ice type for landos and fighting for mkangs, and 4x fairy weakness kinda made me want to find a replacement

Cresselia (F) @ Expert Belt
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave

Changed from zapdos for speed control, lando-T counter, and to help stop kyube.
Thx uh qsns/qwerts/totemo

hey buddy, nice rmt.
btw you have IVs for hp ice on rotom-w but no hp ice
I would actually recommend more bulk on landorus-T if you are using choice band. sure you could use scarf lando and specs hydre, but i think this is interesting, so lets roll with it :]

there isn't really a big speed tier between jolly breloom and kangaskhan, so i would run 236 Atk / 92 Def / 180 Spe adamant. this hits harder since it has the nature, but it survives a life orb sucker punch from bisharp and outspeeds breloom.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, thx I forgot to change that back, I originally tried out hp ice on washtom before going back to will-o wisp. Also, I like the idea of a bulkier lando, but is it possible to put the 92 into HP? That way it can survive zapdos and thundurus (non-therian) using HP ice and still survive sucker punch from bisharp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)