Robots under Rain

| R O B O T S U N D E R R A I N |

So helllo again everybody! So Genesect was just released about 12 hours ago, and this team is jsut for that little beast. This a Hyper offense rain team, just to fuck up with those annoying stall teams that are everywhere. So here it is!

TEAM BUILDING​

So Genesect is the star. This thing can hit so many things for super-effective damage, especially in OU. Since this is an offensive team, off course it was going to be a Scarf set. Download is such an amazing ability for this thing.

So here comes the frog. This frog under rain with specs is so terrifying. Plus, since I was randomly using Thunder with Genesect, why not using Politoed? Politoed brings down the rain, which Genesect just loves most of the time. Politoed also gives me a fantastic answer to Heatran, who otherwise walls my poor bug.

Jirachi was added to just screw Tornadus-T up completely. But then I'm like, isn't this an offenssive team? And I'm like then why am I using this shit, let's do a Sub CM set! Jirachi has done a pretty good job so far. Since I didn't want to get my ass walled by Gastrodon, I decided to use Psychic as a reliable STAB option.

Since Magnezone was really problematic, Dugtrio was a nice answer to it. lol wanna kill my Genesect/Jirachi? GOT OUTPREDICTED SON. Just kidding. Dugtrio also gives me a nice Hazard in the form of Rocks, which is game changing, specially with this team, because rocks can turn so many 3HKOs into straight up 2HKOs. Dugtrio can also eliminate Ninetales, Tyranitar and Abomasnow (The latter to an extent), especially NInetales, because sun teams are really a pain to face for this team.

So how do I deal with Rotom-W? He can just sit there and watch me die. Ferrothorn was the answer. He's so amazing. I'm not going to talk about him here now, because I just want to express the amazingness of Ferrothorn's set.

I want a Spinner. Starmie is that spinner. Slapping a Life Orb to Starmie in the rain is devastating to any mon. Starmie can basically 2HKO everything in the tier but Chansey, Blissey, Ferrothorn and lolLanturn. Starmie can beat aslo every single spinblocker in the tier (But Scarf Gengar, but who uses that lol), which is fantastic, because hazards are so annoying for me to handle.

While I was testing the team, there was a big annoyance to the team: TechniLoom. If my opponent was smart enough, he can just come in on Ferrothorn, set up a Spore, and the predict my switch to basically anything, and use Bullet Seed. I predict the Bullet Seed and come in on Genesect? Yeah, I don't want to get Mach Punch'd in the face, and there are a lot of Breloom using Life Orb/Fightning Gem. I decided to replace Jirachi and add another Rain abuser: Tornadus-T. Tornadus-T is fantastic, we all know it. He gives me a really awesome answer to basically any grass type in the metagame, bar Ferrothorn.

Politoed @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power Grass

This thing has so much fucking power. If you are leading with it, just click Hydro Pump, unless your opponent has a random Water absorber. It 2HKOs most variants of Amoonguss under rain, also 2HKOs Rotom-W and Celebi with rocks on the field. That pretty unbeleivable.
So I need as much coverage as possible. Focus Blast is mainly for Ferrothorn, who can otherwise wall the frog. Hidden Power Grass is for Gastrodon and Jellicent, but I haven't seen any of those. Though both are easily 2HKO'd by Hidden Power.
There's literally anything coming safely into this thing. I actually love when I click Hydro Pump and I just watch something to get 2HKO'd. Tyranitar? Even the most defensive Tyranitar gets demolished by Hydro Pump in SAND. Ninetales? If it's sunny, 2HKO'd. Abomasnow? Straigh up KO'd by Focus Blast. Hippowdon? lolwut. This thing is a beast.

I'm actually testing a Modest nature over a Timid one, but this thing 2HKOs so many things so I'm planning in leaving it Timid.

Tornadus-T @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-Turn
- Hidden Power Ice

Tornadus-T is a fantastic addition to any rain team. It OHKOs Tyranitar, Amoonguss, Breloom, Gliscor, Both Landorus. The list goes on. Tornadus-T in an offensive powerhouse, and if somebody is in it's face, may god be with them. The offensive pressure that this thing puts in the opponents shoulders is just pretty powerful. There's literally anything that can take it's hits, but Jirachi and Heatran, who are just destroyed by Dugtrio and Politoed. If I lose the weather war, I'm kind of in a shaky place because the Hurricane miss SUCKS SO MUCH. The moves are just there for sheer force: Superpower is mainly for Tyranitar, Blissey and Heatran. Hurricane is obvious, U-Turn to gain momentum and Hidden Power Ice just to nail de OHKO on some flying mons, like Landorus.

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Reversal
- Stealth Rock

Dugtrio is so important. If I predict the Magnezone/Heatran switch in into Ferrothorn, you might as well say goodbye to your Magnezone/Heatran. Dugtrio provides this team such an important move: Stealth Rock. With Rocks on the field, there are a lot of things that are 2HKO'd by the rest of the team: Rotom-W is both 2HKO'd by Hurricane with rocks, Ferrothorn gets 2HKO'd by Hurricane as well, the list goes on.

I was actually testing Memento over Stone Edge, but it was horrible to be set up bait for most levitating dragons who, well, get screwed up by Memento, but I just felt weird lol.

Ferrothorn @ Choice Band
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Explosion
- Power Whip
- Bulldoze

This thing is just insane. If I see Magnezone, Heatran, Xatu and Espeon on the opponent's team, I just lick my lips. Gyro Ball OHKOs both Xatu and Espeon, and Bulldoze does a good chuck of damage to Magnezone and Heatran (I think it can even KO them). With Power Whip, it can OHKO Jellicent even if I'm burned. What else am I forgetting? Oh yeah, Landorus, Tyranitar, Dragonite, Terrakion switch in? Get nailed by Power Whip. Blisey with Thunder Wave? lol thank you, now get smashed. The unpredictability that this thing brings to the table is just stellar.
Explosion basically does a gunt chunk of damage to the entire metagame, bar Skarmory and Forretress. Ferrothorn also gives me a fantastic answer to Rotom-W, who can give me some problems if played correctly.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natura Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

I was so dumb using Starmie. I used to use Thunderbolt, a move that doesn't 2HKO Jellicent even with rocks. I'm so stupid for not using Thunder.

But anyways lol. Starmie is an amazing spinner. Starmie is possibly the only spinner who can beat most of the spin blockers and the spinners by themselves, unless you are in front of another Starmie, which is risky to lose the Speed tie. Starmie's Hydro Pump is not as strong as Politoed, but does a good fucking chunk of damage to most of the things. The Bolt Beam combo is obvious, hits everything neutrally, but Magnezone, and I have Hydro Pump so yeah. The Life Orb recoil is annoying as fuck, especially when facing strudy walls like Ferrothorn and some random shit, but Starmie is an invaluable team member.

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- U-turn
- Thunder
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

I wouldn't be surprised if this thing gets banned in the future. Really, you can just slap a Choice Scarf to it and either kill something or scout. Coming into Tyranitar, a +1 U-Turn is going to hurt, same deal with Chansey and Blissey. Flamethrower seems redundant in a Rain Team, but I need something to hurt Ferrothorn as much as possible and just kill it off with Tornadus' Hurricane. If you only have two random things that are weak to Thunder and I get the Sp. A boost, may god be with you. This thing rocks.

I'm actually testing Superpower over Flamethrower, but without Superpower I fail to do a good chunk of damage to Forretress and Scizor, so yeah.​

IMPORTABLE​

Code:
Politoed @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Tornadus-T @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
- Superpower
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Ferrothorn @ Choice Band
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Explosion
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Bulldoze

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Reversal

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
- U-turn
- Thunder
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
~ C O N C L U S I O N ~

So this is the team! I'm still testing this team under the name Soy una ramera (which translates to I'm a Whore) in Pokemon México server, and I haven't lost a single battle and I'm already @ 1300ish~. I'm still testing some things to solve some problems the team has, but overall is one of the best teams I have made in a while.

THREATLIST~

Standard OU Offensive Threats

Code:
  Tyranitar:
Choice Band - There's nothing this thing can do but break Dugtrio's sash and then get demolished.
Choice Scarf - ^
Dragon Dance - ^

Rotom-W:
Choice Scarf / Specs - Easily handled by Ferrothorn. I just laugh when my opponent is like "OMG WHO SUES BANDED FERROTHORN WTF" when they tirkc me.
[COLOR="Orange"]Support[/COLOR] - Ferrothorn is a nice answer to it, though it doesn't enjoy the burn. Without Ferrothorn, I realy on Starmie's/Genesect Thunder to take it down, it can be really annoying under the hands of a smart player.

Scizor:
Choice Band - Gets smahed by Politoed, Starmie and Genesect.
Swords Dance - ^
Bulky Swords Dance - ^

Dragonite:
Choice Band - If it outrages on my Ferrothorn switch, then I just kill it with Gyro Ball. If it Fire Punches, then I witch to Starmie and nailed with Ice Beam.
Dragon Dance - Can be quite annoying if played correctly. Usually I'd switch to Ferro, break Multiscale, and then he can either kill Ferrothorn and get smahed by Genesect, or set up and get killed by Ferrothorn.
Mixed - Haven't seen a single one of them. Usually I'll just switch to Dugtrio and break the sash.
Parashuffler - Anybody on the team enjoys Paralisys, Ferrothorn loves it though, so it should be the main answer.
Rain Abuse - Gets walled by Ferrothorn.

Politoed:
Choice Specs / Scarf - I'm actually kind of weak to the Specs set. I switch to Starmie and KO it with Thunder.
3 Attacks - well, not to much of a threat lol.

Heatran:
Standard - Dugtrio, Starmie and Politoed.

Jirachi:
Substitute + Calm Mind / Wish + Calm Mind - Dugtrio and Ferrothorn.
Expert Belt - Politoed and Starmie.
Choice Scarf - Read Dragonite's Choice Band set.

Latios:
[COLOR="orange"]Life Orb / Expert Belt[/COLOR] - Something will die with this thing if it comes in on anything basically. However, if I predict right the Draco Meteor and go straight to Ferrothorn, it's done.
Choice Scarf / Specs - The specs set hits hard but is slow. The Scarf set however can be quite the threat, but Politoed can handle the Scarf, and I need prediction with the Specs set.
Calm Mind - Genesect.

Reuniclus:
Calm Mind - Genesect.
Offensive Trick Room - Genesect.

Haxorus:
Choice Scarf / Choice Band - I need to hit it as hard as possible. If somebody leads with it, I just need to pray that they either use Outrage on the Genesect switch or pray that Genesect survives the Superpower.
[COLOR="Red"]Dragon Dance[/COLOR] - If it sets up one Dragon Dance, it can be a pain. Genesect needs to switch in, but if it gets +2, may god save us all. I need to stop it as quickly as possible.
Double Dance - Easier to handle since it looses coverage, but still dangerous.

Ninetales:
Nasty Plot - Dugtrio.
Choice Specs - ^
Special Attacker - ^

Conkeldurr:
Bulk Up - Tornadus can just OHKO
Flame Orb + 3 Attacks - ^

Celebi:
Nasty Plot Sweeper - Tornadus and Genesect.
Tinkerbell - ^
Choice Specs / Choice Scarf - ^

Terrakion:
Double Dance - It's going to be hard for this thing to set up on Politoed's face, but can be dangerous.
Choice Scarf / Choice Band - The scarf set gets smashed by Politoed, who ca survive anything that Terrakion throws at it. The Choice Band set is insanely powerful, but I need Dugtrio healthy and come in basically anything and just KO it with Earthquake.
Substitute + Swords Dance - Dugtrio.

Gyarados:
Offensive / Bulky Dragon Dance - Genesect and Ferrothorn, to an extent.
Choice Band / Choice Scarf - Genesect.

Gengar:
Substitute + Disable / Pain Split - Basically most of the things outspeed Gengar so is quite easy to handle.

Starmie:
Life Orb - Ferrothorn can wall any Starmie.
Rapid Spin - Ferrothorn.
Choice Specs - Ferrothorn as well, though Trick can be a hindrance.

Landorus:
Rock Polish / Swords Dance - 4 of my members outspeed it. Yeah, not going anywhere.
Choice Scarf - I have to play mindgames. Ferrothorn is my usual asnswer though.
Substitute + 3 Attacks - ^^

Infernape:
Mixed Attacker - Starmie, but if the player predicts right and goes for U-Turn, that will suck.
Nasty Plot / Swords Dance Booster - Really, OHKO by anything.
Choice Band - Hits hard, but I just need to predict. If I predict wrongly, then I'll just come in with Tornadus-T

Volcarona:
[COLOR="orange"]Offensive Quiver Dance[/COLOR] - If Volcarona comes in Ferrothorn locked into Gyro Ball/Power Whip, then I just need no hazards whatsoever and Dugtrio healthy. If dugtrio's sash is broken, then I just need to pray that Hydro Pump from Politoed kills it. If I don't have either Politoed and Dugtrio alive, it's gg.
[COLOR="rgb(255, 140, 0)"]Bulky Quiver Dance[/COLOR] - Most of them usually don't run enough speed, but is usually harder to deal.
[COLOR="rgb(255, 140, 0)"]Chesto Rest[/COLOR] - ^
[COLOR="rgb(255, 140, 0)"]Substitute[/COLOR] - ^

Magnezone:
Substitute - I need to play agressively if this thing is in the opponents team. Usually it's substitute won't last if my Ferrothorn is locked into Power Whip, and then I procceed to kill it with Dugtrio.
Choice Scarf / Choice Specs - Easier to deal, I don't think a specs hidden power fire would kill ferro under rain. Actually it would...

Espeon:
Calm Mind - My team destroys this thing
Bulky Sun Attacker / Passer - ^

Salamence:
Dragon Dance - Is easier to handle than Haxorus, because at +1 it can't outspeed Genesect, so it really isn't a problem.
Mixed - A bitch to take down, I need to sack something and bring Genesect in.
Defensive - I haven't seen a single one.
Choice Scarf / Choice Band - ScarfMence can be quite the problem, but usually they'll go straight to Outrage, which Ferrothorn tanks all day.

Hydreigon:
Offensive - That thing is slow, and can't OHKO Politoed in any way.
Choice Specs / Choice Scarf - The specs set is scarily strong and I need fantastic prediction between Fire Blast and Draco Meteor.
Substitute - I need the offensive pressure etween Tornadus & Genesect, but is easy to kill.

Breloom:
Bulk Up - I'll let something sleep, and then kill it. with anything really.
Sub Seed - If it has a Grass move, lolFerrothorn. However if it has a Fighting move, can be quite difficult. Genesect is my main answer to eliminate the Sub and then go into Tornadus.
Sub Punch - Really. Annoying. Genesect usually can take a Focus Punch and then just demolish it with Ice Beam.

Latias:
Calm Mind - Ferrothorn can take Dragon Pulse all day and kill it with Gyro Ball.
Offensive Tank - ^
Choice Specs - It isn't as hard as Latios, but can kill something with the right prediction. Genesect can kill it with a strong U-Turn though.

Toxicroak:
Swords Dance - Tornadus.
Bulk Up - Tornadus.

Lucario:
Swords Dance - Can be a pain to face, but usually Genesect can kill it with a +1 Thunder.
Nasty Plot - Vacuum Wave isn't fun at all, but Tornadus takes anything.

Virizion:
Calm Mind - Tornadus.
Swords Dance - Tornadus.
Dual Screens - Tornadus.

Venusaur:
Special Growth - If I lose the weather war, this thing is insanely strong. Outspeeds basically anything and kills them with the proper move. It is vital for me to kill Ninetales, because I'm 80% I will lose to a sun team.
Mixed Growth - Easier to handle, since most of them just run Giga Drain, Earthquake and HP Fire/Sludge Bumb. If it runs Sludge Bomb, Genesect and Ferrothorn kill.
SubSeed - Seems less annoying, but still difficult.

Metagross:
Stealth Rock - Politoed, Dugtrio, Starmie.
Choice Scarf / Choice Band - Ferrothorn and then Bulldoze.
Agility - ^^

Cloyster:
Shell Smash - IIRC, Genesect outspeeds Adamant ones @ +2, so I can just kill it with Thunder.
Utility - Every special attack can kill.

Mamoswine:
Physical Attacker - Politoed can usually take any attack and dispatch it with Hydro Pump.
Focus Sash + Endeavor - ^

Darmanitan:
Choice Scarf / Choice Band - Can't really do anything to Politoed in the first place.

Tornadus:
Rain Abuser - Tornadus-T with a life orb is really dangerous, but with the proper prediction I can just kill it with Genesect.
Choice Specs - ^

Abomasnow:
Choice Scarf - Genesect.
SubSeed - Genesect.
Mixed Attacker - Genesect.

Alakazam:
Substitute + 3 Attacks - lol.
Offensive Calm Mind - lol.
Focus Sash - lol.

Azelf: Does somebody even uses this? Get screwed up by anything.

Azumarill:
Choice Band - Azumarill can be deadly if played correctly. However, Politoed outspeeds and gets the 2HKO with Hydro Pump.

Deoxys-D:
Fast Spiker - Can't do shit besides dying in front of Politoed's face.

Dugtrio:
Focus Sash - Ferrothorn and genesect.
Choice Band - Ferrothorn and Genesect.

Empoleon:
Agility - The SubPetaya set can be difficult, but Starmie resists both of is usual moves, son it can be beated.
Choice Specs - Starmie.

Kingdra:
Dragon Dance - Ferrothorn.
Rain Dance - Ferrothorn-
Choice Specs - Ferrothorn

Kyurem:
Choice - Puts an insane amount of offensive pressure on my team, but gets destroyed by Dugtrio with reversal.
Substitute + 3 Attacks - ^

Victini:
Choice Band / Scarf - I can bait the opponent in using that electric move and then switch into Dugtrio and bye Victini.
Physical Attacker - Cannot win againts Dugtrio.

Stoutland:
Choice Band - If I lose the weather war, I need to sack something and then come in with Dugtrio and kill it with Reversal.

Sharpedo:
Speed Boost - Ferrothorn walls it.

Rotom-C:
Choice Scarf / Choice Specs - Ferrothorn.
Support - Ferrothorn.

Standard OU Defensive Threats

Tyranitar:
Specially Defensive - Anything, really.

Rotom-W:
Standard - Ferrothorn, though it does not enjoy being burned.

Ferrothorn:
[COLOR="rgb(255, 140, 0)"]Standard[/COLOR] - Can be such a pain, I need to damage it with Genesect and let it be @ Tornadus' Hurricanes range.

Politoed:
Defensive - Ferrothorn.

Gliscor:
Swords Dance - Anythingbut Dugtrio.
Substitute + Protect - ^
AcroBat - ^
Defensive - ^

Heatran:
Specially Defensive - lol.

Jirachi:
Specially Defensive - Dugtrio.

Skarmory:
Physically Defensive Spiker - Starmie and Politoed.
Specially Defensive Spiker - ^

Ninetales:
Specially Defensive - lol.

Celebi:
Physically Defensive - lol.

Forretress:
Physically Defensive Spiker - Starmie, Politoed, Genesect, Tornadus.
Specially Defensive Spiker - ^

Gyarados:
RestTalk - Starmie and Genesect.

Jellicent:
Utility Counter - Ferrothorn destroys this.

Tentacruel:
Toxic Spikes - Dugtrio.

Gastrodon:
Tank - Ferrothorn.

Espeon:
Dual Screens - Genesect KOs it before it can do anything.
Baton Pass - Baton Pass team? I lose, gg.

Blissey:
Support - Usually it's Ferrothorn, but I can kill it with Dugtrio as well.

Vaporeon:
Wish Support - Ferrothorn.

Latias:
Support - Genesect.

Bronzong:
Tank - Politoed kills it.
Dual Screens - ^

Swampert:
Defensive - Politoed and Ferrothorn.

Mew:
Stallbreaker - Genesect.

Slowbro:
Tank - Even Tornadus can KO it.

Quagsire:
Curse - Ferrothorn.
Specially Defensive - ^
Physically Defensive - ^

Cresselia:
Support - Politoed goes for the 2HKO
Dual Screens - Same, but usually survives a couple of 

Deoxys-D:
Bulky Spiker - Dies to Politoed.
Toxic Staller - Annoying, but Ferrothorn can take HP Fire, even with a Fire Gem.

Empoleon:
Specially Defensive - Dugtrio.

Hippowdon:
Physical Tank - Politoed.

Xatu:
Standard - Ferrothorn.
Dual Screens - ^

Wobbuffet:
Bulky - If it comes in into Genesect and Tornadus, then lol, good luck.

Whimsicott:
Prankster - So fucking annoying, but ferrothorn can kill it.

Tangrowth:
Physically Defensive - Starmie, Politoed and Tornadus.

Sableye:
Prankster - Anything kills but Dugtrio and Ferro.

Porygon2:
[COLOR="rgb(255, 140, 0)"]Defensive[/COLOR] - Really, is sturdy as fuck, and I need Politoed since Hydro Pump can barely 2HKO it.

Chansey:
Support -Ferrothorn walls this to infinity.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Hey Zentrius,

Your team is very cool and seems very solid, though it has a large weakness to Sun teams (if your opponent is smart enough to play around Dugtrio), and especially, to Volcarona. Volcarona can set up a Quiver Dance against Genesect or Ferrothorn (or Politoed locked on a non water move), and KO every of your pokemon at +1. The best way to fix this would be using Dragonite instead of Dugtrio. Dragonite is a very good counter to Volcarona, being able to shrug off every of its attacks and KOing Volcarona back. Dragonite is also a great pokemon to use against Sun teams, thanks to its Fire and Grass resistances, which means losing Dugtrio isn't such a big deal.

Dragonite@Lum Berry | Multiscale
Adamant Nature | 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Dragon Dance / Waterfall / Outrage / Roost

However, without Dugtrio, you lack a Stealth Rock settler, but you can simply forgo one of Ferrothorn moves (preferably Explosion, since you now don't have Dugtrio to deal with Magnezone/Jirachi), and give it Stealth Rock.

Cool team. ^^,

If you find running Flamethrower on Genesect isn't working for you, have you considered running Taunt on Tornadus instead of Superpower? It can prove to be a more useful than the latter in certain situations (Blissey, Specially Defensive Skarm, Forretress). You will have to be wary of Gyro Ball from Ferrothorn and Forretress, however, which will do quite a bit of damage. Not being able to nail Heatran and T-Tar also sucks, but you do have Dugtrio.

One minor nitpick on Tornadus: HP Ground>Ice so you can hit Jirachi/Metagross. The coverage you lose with HP Ice is very minor.
And risk getting Meteor Mashed back or paralyzed?

TGMD

ƧÏÐÈ¥¯ÏĈ¼Á°¿±³´µ¶·¸¹º»ŤûŠť²ØéŋŌ
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey Zentrius, nice team! I really like the use of Choice Banded Ferrothorn.

DestinyUnknown and doublenikesocks have what I was going to say pretty much covered but I'll point out a few other small things as wel. I agree with doublenikesocks about Hidden Power [Ground] over Hidden Power [Ice] on Tornadus-t, you really dont need HP Ice seeing as you have 3 pokemon with Ice beam, 2 steel types (one of them being banded) and a status absorber, I'm pretty sure you have Gliscor / Landorus / Dragons covered and Hurricane hits all of them for neutral anyway. Hidden Power [Ground] hits Jirachi, metagross and Heatran. You also may want to test out Rain Dance over Hidden Power [Ice] just in case you lose the weather war / the opponent has their weather up but you cant bring in Politoed safely.

I also agree with DestinyUnknown's suggestion of Dragonite over Dugtrio, Dugtrio really isn't really needed and you have Bulldoze on Ferrothorn for Magnezone / Heatran anyway and if you do put Rain Dance over Hidden Power [Ice] you have a safeguard in case you lose the weather war. I've tried CB Ferrothorn before and Stealth Rocks on it adds even more to suprise factor later on in the game when you reveal you're CB ;) I do have a small change to DestinyUnknown's Dragonite set though: I recommend Extremespeed over Roost. On such an offensive team I dont really see you trying to heal up with Dragonite, it seems more likely you'll be trying to sweep and Roost seems somewhat redundant on a set with Outrage. Extremespeed is a great emergency option that HO teams crave and really helps with revenge killing set up sweepers if they get out of hand.

Anyway I hope this rate helped and GL with the team :)
P.S here's a non animated Tornadus-Therian sprite you may have been looking for (Tornadus Therian is the only sprite that's animated, lol):

Hey Zentrius. I was idly browsing the RMT forum as I tend to do, and I found that you could make your team better with a few small changes.

The Problem:

The first thing about this team that I noticed was that you are using a Dugtio (a really cool pokemon). I know why you are using it: you really want to be able to beat other weather teams easily because you would be able to easily trap and kill Ninetales and Tyranitar. However, I find that your team really could use this pokemon slot for a different pokemon that really helps your main sweeper (Tornadus-T) do his job as effectively as possible. I would recommend that you use a Latios in your team over a Dugtrio. While Dugtrio isn't a bad pokemon on this team, Latios does give your team a lot of things that Dugtrio just can't. Here's the set I would suggest you use:

The Solution:

Latios @ Choice Specs
Timid: 4Hp/252SpA/252Spe
~Draco Meteor
~Surf
~Psyshock
~Trick

Benefits:

This set makes a really good partner with offensive partner with Genosect, and is also complimentary to Tornadus-T as well. The main goal of this pokemon on your team would be adding another powerful special attacker to your team. The sheer power of this set is unbelievable. Sending out Draco Metoers from this set will always net you really good results. Your team is super-heavily specially oriented. This means that you want to take down the big special walls that would stop your sweep (with any one of your 4 Spec. Sweepers). Latios has so much power that it can deal heavy damage to almost all of the special walls, except Blissey and Chansey. However, Latios also gives your team something that you really can use. You can quite easily trick Specs onto opposing Blissey/Chansey, who are literally your team's two greatest problems. That alone makes your chances of winning skyrocket. Also note that a really good strategy late game is switching in, DMing, and coming out again. This is effective because the steels that would wall that set are usually somewhat vulnerable to rain teams, allowing you the opening for Latios. Finally, a quick glance at your Threat list lists Rotom-W. Latios can literally take everything Rotom-W throws its way with ease; Latios solves your Rotom-W problem.

Downsides:

I can't say that you won't lose anything by swapping out Dugtrio. You will certainly lose effective revenge killing on an exorbitant number of grounded threats. However, I think that you will find that with the rise of rain and Ferrothron's use, you will find Levitating or non-grounded pokemon to become more prevalent. These pokemon usually can handle Dugtrio rather well, so I would think that Latios would be better agaisnt these threats. I guess that you lose a really really bad rock resist, which shouldn't really impact the match.

Other Small Changes:

If you are going to replace Dugtrio, you will lose his Stealth Rock. This means that you should apply it to your Ferrothorn set. Since Ferrothorn comes in on so many threats in this metagame, there is no chance that he will not see early action to apply a hazard. I would recommend replacing Explosion with Stealth Rock. Since Ferrothorn has become your only physical threat, you really should not consider sacrificing him. Besides, Explosion's nerf really makes it questionable-at-best choice on such a useful pokemon. Also, your Ferrothorn set requires that you maximize your attacking potential if not adhering to the standard set will be worthwhile. You will really appreciate the extra attack boost that changing your nature from Relaxed to Brave will provide. As a heavily offensive set, you aren't here to tank hits as much as hit the opposition.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Using a Latios would definitely help your team out. It baits in Tyranitar to come in so Starmie doesn't have to worry about it later on in the game. Latios may not be able to KO the Tyranitar, but it will weaken it enough to where Starmie will ensure a KO with hydro pump. And once Tar is gone, you are free to spam hurricanes/Thunders without fear of missing. However I would suggest the Life Orb set, because with the Specs set, you will lose a lot of momentum by being locked into a move.

Latios @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Recover
- Psyshock

if you do replace Dugtrio with Latios, you will definitely need rocks as you are using u-turn on two pokemon that can easily force switches. If you replace Ferrothorn with a Jirachi with Stealth Rock and 3 attacks you will have another threat, and a much more reliable stealth rock user than dugtrio.

By using 6 special attackers on your team, you essentially make common pokemon like Skarmory, Forretress, and Gliscor nonfactors in the battle.

Thanks for the rate everybody!

Starmie doesn't have Rapid Spin on moveset. If I may ask why use Relaxed nature on Ferrothorn?
Nice team btw.
Fucked up Ferrothorn's nature. Fixed. Thanks!

Your team is very cool and seems very solid, though it has a large weakness to Sun teams (if your opponent is smart enough to play around Dugtrio), and especially, to Volcarona. Volcarona can set up a Quiver Dance against Genesect or Ferrothorn (or Politoed locked on a non water move), and KO every of your pokemon at +1. The best way to fix this would be using Dragonite instead of Dugtrio. Dragonite is a very good counter to Volcarona, being able to shrug off every of its attacks and KOing Volcarona back. Dragonite is also a great pokemon to use against Sun teams, thanks to its Fire and Grass resistances, which means losing Dugtrio isn't such a big deal.

Dragonite@Lum Berry | Multiscale
Adamant Nature | 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Dragon Dance / Waterfall / Outrage / Roost
I'm testing out Dragonite. However, I'm most likely testing a Choice Band set, it has the immediate power that the DD set lacks. Thank you a lot!

One minor nitpick on Tornadus: HP Ground>Ice so you can hit Jirachi/Metagross. The coverage you lose with HP Ice is very minor.
DestinyUnknown and doublenikesocks have what I was going to say pretty much covered but I'll point out a few other small things as wel. I agree with doublenikesocks about Hidden Power [Ground] over Hidden Power [Ice] on Tornadus-t, you really dont need HP Ice seeing as you have 3 pokemon with Ice beam, 2 steel types (one of them being banded) and a status absorber, I'm pretty sure you have Gliscor / Landorus / Dragons covered and Hurricane hits all of them for neutral anyway. Hidden Power [Ground] hits Jirachi, metagross and Heatran. You also may want to test out Rain Dance over Hidden Power [Ice] just in case you lose the weather war / the opponent has their weather up but you cant bring in Politoed safely.
Testing out Hidden Power Ground. Has been working wonders. Thanks!

^^I'm still testing the team, but definetely trying out Latios. The weather inducers are easier to handle with Latios, so I can play around them. :)

This is a very good team, but i have to question the use of choice band Ferrothorn. I just cant bear the thought of being walled by Skarm, Forteress, and other Ferrothorn (as well as Jirachi, Scizor, and Genesect). Everyone likes uncommon sets, but the standard is standard for a reason and i think a standard Ferrothorn would serve you better. Plus if you give it Stealth Rock it will lighten the load off Dugtrio (trapping AND setting up is extremely hard to pull off in one set). Other then that good team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)