Round XIX: Coconut vs Banana, Exeggutor vs Tropius!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, isn't it kinda unfair that the ~King comparison lasted for only 7 hours while the mummy comparison is on for one day already (and still going)?

Each debate should last for at least a day so that people from any timezone have a chance to particiate :)

EDIT: POST #157 Typhlosion f*ck yeah!!!!

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Hey, isn't it kinda unfair that the ~King comparison lasted for only 7 hours while the mummy comparison is on for one day already (and still going)?

Each debate should last for at least a day so that people from any timezone have a chance to particiate :)

EDIT: POST #157 Typhlosion f*ck yeah!!!!
Huh? THe king comparison lasted only 7 hours!?

Ugh sorry, I'm trying to keep my updates 8-9 gmt, that was when this thing started. I told eagle that, but...
Oh, RODAN updated last time. That is why, he went behind mine and eagle's back and updated the thread anyway when neither me nor eagle knew. I was offline at that time, but eagle control him! :P
Also rodan, you do have to tell one of the co-hosts when you are gonna update on irc!!

Okay, closing this round, on to the next. The scores are...

So er, this round

Round VIII: Jumpluff vs Whimsicott

vs

This is easy. Whimsicott is, in my opinion, much more useful than Jumpluff and is much cuter. Plus, it's a troll. What's not to love about that?

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Ok, now I feel like people are just voting the oppostie to what I am! :(

Nah, but seriously guys, I was thinking that dusclops would win that round for sure! Anyway, here is the round of hay fever - but my vote is jumpluff.
IT FLIES AND SPLASHES. IT USES SWORDS DANCE WITH BALLS OF FLUFF.

Seriously though, jumpluff is literally awesome.
Also the first time I saw whimsicott's sprite I thought that that wooly scarf thing it has was its mouth, and I holy frickin' hated the design because of that. Seriously, I can see it no other way, it is seriously a mouth, and the green ears kinda put me off it too.

Jumpluff

Jumpluff, the King of Clubs. Swordsdancing down there in NU like a discoball, splashing around and looking awesome while doing it.

I hate pranksters. Screw Whimsicott. Ugh jesus whatever I love appearance-wise on Jumpluff (cotton stuff cute eyes smile etc) I hate on Whimsicott.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
whimsicott was introduced the same gen as black pokemon trainers? its a conspiracy

why is jumpluff blue? we may never know

i pick whimsicott

I love Prankster using Pokemon. Prankster is just such an awesome ability with all sorts of applications. Whimsicott can make so, so much of those appliacations.

Jumpluff... is forgettable. It's fast and... uhh.... that's about it. Its design doesn't stand out in any way to me either. Not that Whimsicott's does, but at least Whimsicott has Prankster and the movepool to use it to make up for it.

So yeah, Whimsicott. Though honestly... they both kinda suck.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Damn, such a hard decision...I hate them both so much...

I guess Jumpluff is a little more fun to kill since it always has that stupid face...also my friend used to troll me a lot using it so I just get so much satisfaction in killing it. So my vote goes to Jumpluff.

Qwilphish

when everything you touch turns to gold
Jumpluff is three cotton balls attached to a big blue ball, what is worse is that it isn't even cute. At least Whimsicott is cute and can somewhat hold its own in competitive. Whimsicott also has the power of HURRICANES something that not even its flying counterpart can boast.

Whimsicott Rules, Jumpluff Drools

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
While Whimsicott might be better both competitively and in-game (Jumpluff was REALLY crappy without TM support in Gen. II, I remember), it's clearly a ripoff of our beloved pal Jumpluff and deserves to be treated as such.

Jumpluff all the way!

Jumpluff, the King of Clubs. Swordsdancing down there in NU like a discoball, splashing around and looking awesome while doing it.
Can't say it better...

Jumpluff ! I love sweeping with it while doing all these awesome acrobatics all over the place :). What is this thing doing in PU by the way, it deserves more usage !

I really love Whimsicotts design. It's actually one of my favorite fifth gen pokemon. Jumpluff was always just another pokemon from my perspective

Whimsicott

Jumpluff

It's a ball having some extra, fluffy balls attached to it.. Okay take I that back, that sounds some sort of odd. Anyways, Jumpluff is just so useless and odd that's it's cool. (Anything not remotly usuable in Ubers is useless to me :P)

Jumpluff
Because in Colosseum it's shadow had square balls instead of round ones
ew. who likes playing with square balls? they don't even bounce.

still, jumpluff is pretty cute, and i've seen it used well in ubers, believe it or not. it works really well subseeding in the sun (chlorophyll + 110 base speed), and it can actually do some damage if it swords dances, since the metagame is specially oriented, unlike ou (i... think?)

though its 2nd gen sprite is pretty scary.

Jumpluff

Not a hard choice to make. Whimsicott may be the bigger troll, but Jumpluff looks cooler and makes for a more interesting Pokemon to fight with.

ew. who likes playing with square balls? they don't even bounce.

still, jumpluff is pretty cute, and i've seen it used well in ubers, believe it or not. it works really well subseeding in the sun (chlorophyll + 110 base speed), and it can actually do some damage if it swords dances, since the metagame is specially oriented, unlike ou (i... think?)

though its 2nd gen sprite is pretty scary.
Yeah, it's Specially orientated, but don't forget that we have stuff like the Ekiller (Arceus-Normal with Espeed), Groudon, Zekrom and Rayquaza, to name a few.

Lol, last round had my favorite Pokemon, and this one has my least favorite. I don't particularly like Jumpluff, but Whimsicott is the most annoying thing ever to fight and it just has such an annoying face I can't help but hate it.

Anybody ever used Jumpluff in-game?
I used one in my Crystal playthrough, it's horribly hard to raise. It came with only Splash & Synthesis until you baby it to lv10 when it learns... Tackle, and the 2nd (and last) attacking move it learns is Mega Drain as a Jumpluff. Leech Seed & Sleep Powder were helpful, though.

So, I pick Jumpluff because I'm a nostalgiafag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)