Tournament RU CCAT TOURNAMENT FINALS [Won by Lasagne]

Status
Not open for further replies.
or you don't bother with gorst because nothing useful resists it that also threatens the gorsts of the tier (Man normals and darks fare so well against OTR cofag, SD doublade, Physdef jellicent, any frostlass, or sub NP missy). Anyways just stack 2 electric/rock/ice checks and crank up the offensive pressure to suppress rocks + run priority and you have offense. Also you know, stone edge/fighting move of choice is on everything and gasp anything that resists gorst or dork takes a fuckton from it.

or somone can do what I'm planning next and nom offensive evilolite piloswine

Last edited:
Magneton @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Bolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Grass]

This is not the magnet pull trapper (because really... you want to lock yourself in with Steelix), SpecsAnalytic is a nice breaker and pivot. Resists our glaring rock/ice/electric weaknesses, while either existing member can come in on ground or fighting moves that threaten. Strong Volt Switch gives a chance to go into Vivillon on many of Magnet's checks and potentially set up, or otherwise keep momentum, while T-bolt and Flash Cannon hit pretty dang hard. HP is for coverage but can (and should) be tailored to whichever gives best overall synchronicity to the team.

Last edited:
Magneton @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SAtk / 184 Spd
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Bolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Grass]

This is not the magnet pull trapper (because really... you want to lock yourself in with Steelix), SpecsAnalytic is a nice breaker and pivot. Resists our glaring rock/ice/electric weaknesses, while either existing member can come in on ground or fighting moves that threaten. Strong Volt Switch gives a chance to go into Vivillon on many of Magnet's checks and potentially set up, or otherwise keep momentum, while T-bolt and Flash Cannon hit pretty dang hard. HP is for coverage but can (and should) be tailored to whichever gives best overall synchronicity to the team.
your really only aiming to outspeed specsploud so 252 speed isnt needed.

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 212 HP / 44 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Close Combat
- Taunt

yay cobalion! This set acts as the lead for the team, providing a fast Taunt to keep away defogs and hazards. Volt Switch keeps up the momentum and it is not used for attacking purposes, so Jolly is fine. Close Combat is a really strong STAB move and works nicely with Volt Switch to get in and get out. Taunt, again, is useful for boosters and leads. 44 Attack EVs ensure Close Combat OHKOes 252 HP Exploud after SR. This set works great with these two Pokemon because it resists Rock-, Ice-, and Dragon-types (no resists for Outrage yet), while in return Xatu and Vivillon resist Fighting-, Ground-, and Psychic-types for Cobalion. The real patch in this core is Fire-types, so we'd need a Fire-type resist next round, but overall Cobalion is a cool Pokemon and this is a cool set and I think it would great on this team to keep up the Speed :)

Renoninating mah cobalion

Cobalion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Magnet Rise

Magnet Rise Cobalion is an amazing partner for Vivillion. It takes Rock type attacke like a champ and can easily set up on most pokemons able to stop our butterfly's sweep like Rhyperior and Escavalier and then run through the opponent's team. It appreciates Vivillion's wallbreaking power as it has difficult getting past pokemons Vivillon slices through like Amoonguss and Alomomola.
This is to remember that this is a nomination so people won't nominate it again. I guess your set is a bit different but Xatu is already there for that kind of Hazards removing support

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Last edited:

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I definitely think that either Rhyperior or Cobalion are the way to go in terms of pokemon for this team, I am going to vote galbia because I think his set can deal with edge quake abusers, setting up on them and donking them, and many of its best responses can't deal with either Vivillon or Xatu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)