Project RU Creative / Underrated Sets Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gorex

penguin council
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LCPL Champion

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Earth Power
- Hydro Pump
- Toxic / Sludge Bomb

First off, I swear I did not copy Pearl. for this one, just a case of great minds thinking alike I guess. Anyways, this set is an interesting one that I came up with (not really sure whether I am the first one using it but whatever), since it worked so well on the team I was using it on to check bulky Steels and Feraligatr during Feraligatr meta, and since it was gone, I didn't find the need to run Rocks 3 Attacks with Grass Knot and gave this set a try. Runs enough speed to outspeed Adamant Tyrantrum mainly, and rest invested in bulk to take hits better. This set is really awesome for countering Alomomola since Alomomola cannot do anything once it gets up a Sub, and also can keep bulky Psychics like Cresselia in check since it outspeeds and is able to get off a toxic to wear it down turn per turn. Sludge Bomb is an alternative option on this set over Toxic to be able to OHKO Whimsicotts that might switch in after Rocks, which I guess can be pretty sweet.

Drapion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Tail / Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Toxic Spikes

This set basically attempts to apply offensive pressure while also being able to get up Toxic Spikes to cripple mons in a pinch if needed. Poison Jab is pretty much only used to hit Fairies super effectively and to hit stuff like Hitmonlee harder I guess, but if your team has answers to both of those, trying this set may not be that bad, since it can pressure mons like Mola to come in which you can easily set up Toxic Spikes on, which might benefit another win condition you have lying in the wings by wearing opposing mons turn per turn. Thought I would just share this despite it being seen quite often (i think) since it isn't on analysis and yeah...

Might edit the post if I want to share more sets I guess.

tehy

Banned deucer.
TSpikes + SD Drapion is excellent; if you're running Stall consider it (200 HP, 56 Spe, Adamant nature); i find it to be a much better version of SpD Drapion, which actually beats Reuniclus thanks to having the capability to take it down instead of just Knock Off for like 25% and Taunt and Whirlwind, using it as momentum instead and having the offensive power to keep Tspikes down

Also had the idea myself for SD Terra; it's pretty excellent on stall with defensive-ass EVs for pivoting into a lot of stuff and hard countering some stuff that needs it like SD Drap, SD cobal, great against Tyrantrum and Doublade, of course M-lix; trying out Soft Sand as an item, which is pretty chill for boosting its power while still leaving it bulky enough to take hits (not sure if budgeting more Atk EVs would be more efficient? should really have a go with the calculator). Even as a defensive mon, I find there are very few switch-ins on offensive teams and most are SR weak (whimsi is a bummer, but w/e, hopefully they're running non-lefties which means it gets worn down and stall walls it anyhow)

unfortunately haven't managed to innovate much else recently but yea, stall players use those two and you won't be disappointed (sometimes you will in SD drap, stupid M-lix)

I wanted to share a Jellicent set I've come up with, that works in the ladder with great success ^^
I was building a team and I needed a bulky water, SpD wall and a spin blocker all in one.

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 142 SpD / 116 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recover
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex

After maximizing the hp I realized Jellicent exceeds the magical number of 401, meaning Seismic Tosses won't break my subs, so as I wasn't quite sure what was the standard moves aside from Will-o-wisp and Recover so I added Sub and Hex for utilizing burns. The idea of the set is to function as a SpD wall utilizing its immunities and resistances to set-up a sub on all it walls, and burn the grass type switch-in, thus warring it down for the rest of my team. Wisp also means Jellicent cripples any physical wallbreakers and Hex just slowly and surely chips off nice damage. The speed Ev's are enough to outspeed Seismitoad and Hitmontop which are quite common Toxic users Jellicent walls and Toxic means the end of the terror that is Jellicent. Another cool things is that all fire types, aka wisp spongers, fear something from Jelli - Delphox is hit SE by Hex, Emboar is naturally walled and need lock choice (ususally) to very exploitable Wild Charge to break subs and Houndoom quite walls this set but the opponent usually will fear Scald until the set is fully scouted and Hex still wares down nicely with LO chip damage as doom is so frail.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-222587528 - Jellicent burns MegaLix and Amoonguss early game so the rest of my team has easier time to deal with them. Afterwards, just the stalling of mola stood in my way to victory.

what is it with people thinking seismic toss hits ghost types lol

does anything in ru even use seismic toss/night shade

your set is cool, although taunt will have more utility than sub, as jellicent really appreciates keeping its hp high, but even more importantly you dont want the opponent to be able to heal themselves, set up hazards, etc. hex is definetly a good idea on a pokemon that spreads as many burns as jellicent though, nice one

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
what is it with people thinking seismic toss hits ghost types lol

does anything in ru even use seismic toss/night shade

your set is cool, although taunt will have more utility than sub, as jellicent really appreciates keeping its hp high, but even more importantly you dont want the opponent to be able to heal themselves, set up hazards, etc. hex is definetly a good idea on a pokemon that spreads as many burns as jellicent though, nice one
Regi and toge are the only 2. Bulky xatu uses night shade occasionally i guess

Here's a set that's pretty underrated.

Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Drain Punch
- Heal Bell

The only change may be heal bell but that alone significantly changes how slurpuff plays. By adding heal bell slurpuff can not only heal statuses from itself but from it's teammates and it has a surprising amount of opportunities to do so because the threat of setting up a belly drum is enough to force switches. Plus it helps vs t wave cress which is very annoying and is a rather underrated choice in comparison to return and substitute.

Tyrantrum @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Hone Claws
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Head Smash

I use a dual boosting move set as Head Smash misses too often. Isn't too good of a set, but since I use screen supports it can often get a hone claw and hope for a chance to DD. EQ and Head Smash are hitting almost all pokemon of this tier for at least neutral damage bar Bronzong/Virizion (and Claydol, ofc :P).

Also this this a better set to use if you are using baton pass, since misses are costly in these teams

Last edited:

Tyrantrum @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Hone Claws
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Head Smash

I use a dual boosting move set as Head Smash misses too often. Isn't too good of a set, but since I use screen supports it can often get a hone claw and hope for a chance to DD. EQ and Head Smash are hitting almost all pokemon of this tier for at least neutral damage bar Bronzong/Virizion (and Claydol, ofc :P).

Also this this a better set to use if you are using baton pass, since misses are costly in these teams
I'd use Rock Polish over DD for a Double Dance Trex

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 140 Atk / 184 SpA / 184 Spe
Milld Nature
- Explosion
- Leaf Storm
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch

while you do forgo some nice utilities in using this set (namely defog and knock off), this particular variation on mixed shiftry is a really useful pokemon at this time. a special orientation is, in spite of the loss of knock off, far more useful in this current metagame, being able to 2hko pokemon like garbodor and tangrowth, in addition to popping off doublade in one. being able to play into 'lix for more substantial dmg (2hkoing non-spdef variants w/leaf storm after sr, having its dark stab actually out-damage curse 'lix rest turns, etc.) is also p.neat for basically anything. explosion has some major draws atm, since booming into the opp's whimsicott or drapion can open up a ton of things rn (ex: every pokemon with a set-up move), which i'd consider to be well worth forgoing defog for, depending on the build ofc. your sucker punch is less strong, yeah, but it's certainly a proficient priority move, so nothin' to fret, really.

184 spe evs put it over adamant tyrantrum, which really encompasses most of what you'd be looking to outpace here. the 140 atk ensures sd drapion is getting ohkoed by boom after sr damage, and dealing ~70-80% to defensive 'cott (no particularly valid benchmarks, sans a favourable chance to ko after sr + 1 layer of spikes, but just something to note when playing with this set).

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

so I have been trying this set out on ladder, and I have had some success with it. Originally, it was a joke by 6 agility, but I tested it on ladder and quite liked it. The set allows for Cobalion to set up on things that generally check it. It is a standard spread but has shuca berry as the item in order to set up on things like Steelix (if it doesnt roar), Rhyperior (same), non-life orb offensive Seismitoad, Flygon, and even Dugtrio. Rock Polish is extremely useful in the current offensive-ish meta, as threats like Noivern, Dugtrio, Scarfed Emboar, etc. raise the speed tiers quite a bit. It has gotten me quite a couple of late game sweeps and does well in this meta. Also some good partners would be Dugtiro to trap things like Qwlfish and Delphox so Cobalion can sweep

phantom

Banned deucer.

Steelix @ Custap Berry

Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion

This isn't anything new, but I haven't seen anyone use it yet this gen, so I thought I'd share it. This set works pretty nicely on offensive-minded teams that need a Stealth Rock setter that has a good mix of defensive synergy (think Dragon, Rock, Elec resist) while still being able to pack a punch. Custap Sturdy guarantees a second move regardless of the strength of the target, so it can be used to get up Stealth Rock and deal a considerable amount of damage or even KO the target in question, like getting up SR vs Delphox then KOing it with EQ the next turn is pretty nice. You really have to take advantage of Custap Berry to make it worthwhile over Mega Steelix though. I just ended up making use of this set on certain other offensive builds because I wanted to use Mega Audino / Mega Banette, but I still wanted the defensive assets offensive Steelix could provide. The Speed EVs are for minimum Speed Rhyperior, but going up a few more notches to account for Speed creep never hurts either.

Oh well, I might as well post this set I've been using for a while.

Meloetta @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic
- Hyper Voice
- Dazzling Gleam

I've been using this for about a month. It was originally put on a slow team with a slight weakness to doom, sd drapion and doublade to a less extent (it had hp fire as the last move back then).

I'm gonna say it now, it's not something to build around, it's a more of a check to a lot of stuff which can double as an all-around hard hitter vs offense / bulky offense. It fits mostly on bulky offense teams. I tried to combine the hard hitting nature of av melo with the mexican nature of Twave while at the same time luring those dark types my team had issues with and neutralizing them. With the tier shifts it lost its top switchin in king and gained another mon to lure in scrafty (takes +1 knock off and ohkoes back). I guess you could remove hyper voice for energy ball, focus blast or something else depending on what you want to lure.

The spread is to outspeed adamant max spe lee and those who aim to outspeed it by one point, rest is obvious.

I'll just put two replays from rupl here for you to check the set and the type of team it works better:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ru-50997
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ru-52503 (please ignore the misclick with otr king vs growth, my finger didn't want to click fire blast xD)

Gallade (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Encore
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Substitute

You all remember Sub 3 Attacks Gallade? Well, here comes Sub Encore Gallade, a way more punishment-based version of it.
Encore allows Gallade to force switches from anything that tries to statut him. 80 Speed, while not fantastic, will allow him to avoid a majority of statut moves thrown by lots of pokemons, which is pretty nice.
The loss of a 3rd offensive move isn't as much of a waste as you'd expect, as Gallade still has perfect coverage and aside from Spiritomb, there's no real safe switches to this Gallade.
Oh and, i'd advice you to run this Gallade with something to threaten Spiritomb, like Houndoom. While you can lock Spiritomb on Sucker Punch ( which won't happen often unless your opponent really needs to kill you & is still unaware of your trick with encore ) , Sub Gallade is an easy Spiritomb switch most of the times. CroTomb/Any more defensive Tomb should also be taken with no risk, and you'd rather just switch on a offensive partner to SubEncore Gallade such as Houndoom, rather than take the risk of being burnt, even if locking CroTomb is nice.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Alomomola didn't care for a lot of the tier shift changes, a bunch of special attackers and boosters dropped and some of its main partners in Whimsicott and Cresselia who could help it manage those mons rose up. However, it's still one of a small handful of pokemon that can switch into powerful physical attackers like Emboar, Rhyperior, Mega Lix, Tyrantrum, CB Scrafty, Durant.. the list goes on. However, it happens to be set-up bait for a number of pokemon, notably DD Scrafty who can shed skin off toxic or scald burns, heal off mola's chip damage with rest or drain punch, and pretty much kill everything after it boosts in mola's face. A fairly simple moveset adaptation can counteract this, though.

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Def / 136 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Tickle

By running Tickle, mola no longer gives up boosts to scrafty. Both moves have 32 pp, so you can embark on a pp war like -Tsunami- did in this battle.

"But Nails, tickle only helps deal with physical boosters! Reuni still gets free boosts off mola! You're literally worse than Spirit "

Of course I'm not. But more importantly, after a Tickle Reuniclus gets put into a rough position by pursuit trappers.

252+ Atk Choice Band Escavalier Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. -1 252 HP / 252+ Def Reuniclus: 464-546 (109.4 - 128.7%)
252+ Atk Choice Band Escavalier Pursuit (80 BP) vs. -1 252 HP / 252+ Def Reuniclus: 384-452 (90.5 - 106.6%)

You can even pass it a wish first to get it in healthy!

+2 4 SpA Reuniclus Focus Blast vs. 174 HP / 0 SpD Escavalier: 201-237 (62 - 73.1%)

And molas wishes heal for ~250 hp so it's back to full.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems like a cool idea, but I still don't think it addresses some errors when facing some other physical threats. You still struggle against Swords Dance anything and Tyrantrum due to his sheer power with Life Orb / Choice Band. Also you are still severely hindered by substitute users, which Scrafty, Cobalion, Braviary, and Gallade can use alongside boosting moves. Also, highlighting Scrafty because in the case of a Bulk Up / Substitute set, it CAN setup on tickle Mola, and arguably will be much more difficult to take out compared to facing Dragon Dance.

Also Reuni can switch EVs to outspeed every relevant pursuit trapper bar Houndoom. Escav still loses but Spiritomb doesn't. Just saying.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
It seems like a cool idea, but I still don't think it addresses some errors when facing some other physical threats. You still struggle against Swords Dance anything and Tyrantrum due to his sheer power with Life Orb / Choice Band. Also you are still severely hindered by substitute users, which Scrafty, Cobalion, Braviary, and Gallade can use alongside boosting moves. Also, highlighting Scrafty because in the case of a Bulk Up / Substitute set, it CAN setup on tickle Mola, and arguably will be much more difficult to take out compared to facing Dragon Dance.

Also Reuni can switch EVs to outspeed every relevant pursuit trapper bar Houndoom. Escav still loses but Spiritomb doesn't. Just saying.
A large number of swords dancers become dugtrio bait (and forced out by other things too) after 1 or 2 tickles, and others will be hesitant to set up with the potential for scald burns. As for substitute users, it'd probably be a bigger issue if noivern wasn't in the tier, but atm you can just nuke them through their sub because of infiltrator.

for example: 252 Atk Life Orb Dugtrio Earthquake vs. -1 0 HP / 4 Def Cobalion: 374-439 (115.7 - 135.9%)

Then why didn't you mention them as potential teammates? It is a different mola set for the norm so it should justifiably have a different sort of partners be explained.

Not to be hard but I didn't just free-write that. I am judging only by the set and details you put in.

Noivern @ Life Orb
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Taunt
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower/Focus Miss

Set was taken from ladder n shit. Due to Noivern having an amazing speed and such an ability as infiltrator, I'd would figure that taunt would be a good move on it. It works wonders on pokemon that think that they can just switch in and set up hazards. And I guess the surprise factor is decent, too. I've mostly had success on using it against Bronzong and Alomomola.

Last edited:
that's not creative, it's just the good set =\ everyone on the ladder just likes running specs on whatever build regardless of context, dropping dm, getting counter played and losing e_e

although actually, i do feel taunt noivern is its best set (on a general basis, of course), since it both reduces counter play options in a more offensive context and increases value in more defensive match-ups. specs is neat for enhanced dmg output, and useful for fatter teams that can offset the breathing room it gives, but it doesn't clean as well as I'd like of a Pokemon with all the traits of a solid cleaner. personally, I tend to roll with hurricane / dragon stab (i prefer pulse, but dm isn't inherently bad) / taunt / (coverage / super fang / roost), given air slash doesn't break what you want it breaking, like phys.def faeries, and I don't believe it even rk's scrafty handily with slash (don't quote me on that though haha).

Are you tired of getting swept by Houndoom, a Pokemon which RU Council Member Omfuga has called the most broken Pokemon in the tier for the past several months? Are you tired of being petrified by the thought of Houndoom setting up to +6 and sweeping your team? Are you tired of running Dugtrio on every team to trap this dog from hell? Well don't worry bros, RU Innovation Jesus Tsunami is back again to provide this tier's playerbase with the answer they need.

OMFUGA (Hariyama) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 192 Atk / 60 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Heavy Slam
- Knock Off
- Fake Out

May I present, Blissey with 400 Attack. With this on your team, you can dick around for the entire battle and let your opponent set up 3 Nasty Plots, only to absolutely savage them with a Close Combat after they try to KO this monster.
+6 252 SpA Life Orb Houndoom Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Thick Fat Hariyama: 298-352 (69.4 - 82%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
With Fake Out, Hariyama is able to revenge kill weakened threats, and Knock Off and Heavy Slam provide it with great coverage to wreak havoc on the RU tier. If you'll notice, 2/3 of the S Rank Mons get absolutely savaged by Close Combat. This behemoth even survives a +1 High Jump Kick from Scrafty like it's nothing.
+1 252 Atk Scrafty High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 60 Def Hariyama: 340-402 (79.2 - 93.7%)
The next big thing is here.

Last edited by a moderator:

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Not exactly creative, but pretty underrated right now imo:

Samurott @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 16 Atk / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Rash Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Aqua Jet / Superpower / Taunt

Samurott is actually pretty cool right now. Base 70 Speed is really good for a RU wallbreaker and Samurott has pretty amazing coverage to facilitate this. Hydro Pump is Samurott's STAB move of choice. To give you an idea of Hydro Pump's power, it does 50.5% minimum to standard 252 HP / 4 SpD Uxie. Basically, you're opening with this move unless the opponent has an outright immunity. Ice Beam is nice for all the Grasses that think they can handle Samurott. Its especially useful for catching Virizion and Rotom-C on the switch (tho the latter takes a ton from Hydro) or straight OHKOing offensive Tangrowth. Grass Knot is necessary to handle Alomomola, Seismitoad, and Jellicent reliably while also giving a 100% accurate option vs. Rhyperior which is never bad. Samurott's 4th slot is basically filler as it has most of what it needs in 3 moveslots. Aqua Jet gives Samurott some utility vs. more offensive teams by allowing it to pick off weakened threats. Superpower gives Samurott some added coverage that can be useful against more balanced teams. Its main use is ensuring Registeel doesn't completely wall Samurott. Finally, Taunt has merit if you need Samurott to perform better against stall teams as it allows the otter to cutoff means of support and recovery moves on defensive Pokemon it can't immediately break through. Knock Off seems like a really good option, but most of the primary targets are already 2HKOed or OHKOed by the appropriate special attack (Jellicent by Grass Knot, Uxie by Hydro Pump, and Gourgeist-XL by Ice Beam) The EVs maximize Special Attack while outspeeding Modest Exploud. Literally nothing sits at base 70 besides Samurott and any defensive Pokemon aiming for that benchmark creeps Tyrantrum at base 71 anyway, making max Speed nearly useless. Remaining EVs are put into Attack so Aqua Jet and Superpower have a little more sting to them. If you absolutely need Samurott to outspeed Adamant Tyrantrum, Naive can be used to allow this. However, there's a noticeable drop in Samurott's power when doing this, most notably losing the near-guaranteed 2HKO on Uxie with Hydro Pump alone thus making Rash the better nature in most cases. Oh, and don't throw Samurott into Torrent range. Hydro Pump is a literal nuke at that point, doing over 40% to the standard Amoonguss spread just to give you an idea of how powerful it is.

So now you're probably wondering, why use this over Clawitzer? Samurott's higher Speed tier is the main appeal. It is capable of running a +SpA nature and still outspeed the likes of Exploud, Jolly Scrafty, and Adamant Emboar. Being able to outspeed virtually every slower wallbreaker in the tier and OHKO / 2HKO it with the proper move is a huge boon for Samurott. Samurott's ability to simply use Hydro Pump in the face of most bulky Pokemon neutral to Water is also a plus, making it harder to punish coverage options. Speaking of coverage, Samurott's access to Grass Knot is huge. SpDef Almomomola and Seismitoad are generally viewed as reliable checks to Clawitzer, but Samurott nullifies them instantly with Grass Knot. Lastly, Samurott's ability to use utility options in the 4th slot over coverage gives it more overall use to most teams. It can run priority to not fall flat vs. offensive teams, still utilize coverage to hit Registeel, or simply be a stallbreaker with Taunt. All of these are things Clawitzer can't effectively do. Obviously, Clawitzer has more raw power than Samurott with 11 more base points in Special Attack and a bit better special bulk (tho not by much considering Rott's higher HP stat) It can also effectively utilize Choice Specs thanks to its access to U-turn. But such a set can be hindered by the fact that Clawitzer's most reliable STAB option is Scald, a move that is more predicated on getting burn chip damage to push past neutral targets whereas Samurott can simply rely on the damage output of Hydro Pump.

Double01

Hate it or love it the under dog's on top
-Tsunami- if you're struggling that much vs houndoom, there's bigger problems on your hand.

ANYWAYS i figure its time to make my annual RU post so here it is:

Fletchinder @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 240 Atk / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Acrobatics
- Natural Gift
- Overheat
- U-turn

So me and Imanalt were making a team and we needed a rhyperior and m-steelix lure because we were building around vivillon. He suggested this crazy ass set and surprisingly this set has more than fulfilled expectations. Natural Gift with a Liechi Berry gives you a 100 BP physical grass move that is great for weakening/OHKOing SR users such as Rhyperior, seismitoad, and omastar. When your opponent sees a fletchinder they will want to aggressively set up SR to weaken this thing. You use their aggresiveness against them allowing you to net free KOes on many SR users. Overheat is also very important for killing man fletch switchins like M-steelix, Cobalion, Bronzong, and durant. The EVs might be a bit garbage but the speed is just to outspeed standard seismitoad and rest is put into the attacking stats. Even after you use natural gift, fletch can resume its daily role of revenge killing grass and fighting types. U-turn is there because this mon will be used on an aggressive team so you will want to maintain momentum at all costs. Overall this fletchinder is super fun and if you play aggressively with it, it will net you many free KOes. It is especially good if you want to remove these pesky rock/steel type SR users

Replays if you need further proof of its godliness:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ru-71003
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ru-70826

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)