ORAS OU Sableye Destruction (Hazard Stacking and Offense)

Hello everybody! I'm back with another RMT! This team is based around the devilish demon, Sableye and Hazard Stacking (and Semi-Stall). Hazard stacking is a really cool play style in OU. You either utterly destroy the opponents team, or you get utterly destroyed. I also really like the concept of Hazard Stacking, which is why I wanted to try it out. The team I have created has (so far) been very successful and I have won 14 out of 18 battles so far. I personally think this is pretty good (I'm kinda bad) for me since this has never really happened to me with any of my teams. Hopefully you'll all like my team!

sableye-mega.gif

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Fake Out
I obviously chose Sableye because I wanted to make a team around him. Sableye is great on Hazard Stacking teams due to his typing, ghost/dark. Another reason Sableye is good on Hazard Stacking teams is because Sableye has Magic Bounce when he mega evolves, preventing other Hazard Stacking teams from setting up. This Sableye set is pretty self explanatory due to it being the generic Sableye set, so I will not explain his moves/EVs. (saves my time)
tentacruel.gif

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 28 SpD / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Acid Spray
- Toxic Spikes
Tentacruel is amazing on Hazard Stacking teams due to his great movepool and decent bulk. Scald helps stall the Opponent via burn (30% chance to burn) while halving opposing Pokemon's attack stat (which I actually didn't know until a couple of weeks ago... :/). Rapid Spin is a great move on Hazard Stacking teams due to its ability to remove only your side of the fields hazards (including Leech Seed). Acid Spray is another good move due to it being able to lower the opposing Pokemon's special defense by half, while also doing damage. Toxic Spikes is the reason Tentacruel is my lead. Toxic Spikes are so helpful to Hazard Stacking Teams, it basically sets up Poison on the field! (forgot to mention Liquid Ooze is also pretty cool too)
598.gif

Ferrothorn @ Big Root
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
Ferrothorn is my second hazard setter and lead. I wanted to have two leads in case other teams came prepared for a certain lead but not the other. Ferrothorn also is good for being lead because he has good synergy being grass, while Tentacruel is water. Again this is the basic set for Ferrothorn and most people know it already anyways so I don't need to explain it but I did add one thing different which was changing Rocky Helmet to big Root. The reason I did this was for Ferrothorn to gain a lot of health from other Pokemon while doing more damage too, it also helps fill the "Hazard Stacking" role a bit better.
645-therian.gif

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
Landorus-T is always good to use on teams. I don't know why or how, but Lando-T always manages. It even is an S ranked Pokemon in OU along with Mega Sableye. Landorus also sets up Stealth Rock which is good for Hazard Stacking. I might just replace Stealth Rock on Ferrothorn with spikes for this reason but I don't really know. Lando-T is also a decently tanky Pokemon so that's pretty nifty. Lando-T is also my best counter right now to Heatran, which is a big threat to my team.
serperior.gif

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare
Serperior is arguably the best sweeper in OU due to Contrary and access to Leaf Storm. Once Serperior's SpA is 4x he can OHKO Mega-Charizard with Leaf Storm! I needed a Special Attacker on my team aswell so Serperior fills that role. The only problem really with Serperior is its weakness to fire (which is really common) and its mediocre defenses but other than that a pretty good Pokemon.
weavile.gif

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick
I needed a Pokemon that had access to ice type moves (due to how much Pokemon are Neutral/Weak to ice) and Weavile was a great option. Weavile has access to Ice Shard which is really nice because the team lacked a decent Priority moves. Weavile can also counter any Lando-T's (which are the most common Pokemon in OU) with Ice Shard and Icicle Crash and can counter Pokemon like Blissey/Chansey with Low Kick. Knock off is good for Hazard Stacking due to getting rid of walls easier by removing there item and it also has STAB.

Heatran: Can kill half of my team if Lando-T is removed
Klefki: Completely counters Weavile
Fairy Types: Pokemon like Gardevoir, M-Gardevoir, Sylveon, BD Slurpuff, Clefable can all easily kill Sableye
Talonflame: Same thing as Heatran except has priority Brave Bird

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Fake Out

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 28 SpD / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Acid Spray
- Toxic Spikes

Ferrothorn @ Big Root
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Hopefully you can improve my OU Hazard Stacking team and I hope you liked it! PEACE!​

Attachments

Hi, I'd like to give you a quick rate.

I'd highly recommend changing your Tentacruel to Empoleon. Empoleon still provides the same hazard removal features as Tentacruel, and can also remove them on ghost types which Tentacural is unable to do. Empoleon also provides as a nice counter against Hidden Power Fire Latios, a pokemon which definitely has potential to deal heavy damage on your team.

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 200 HP / 230 Def / 78 SpA
Bold Nature
- Defog (Hazards removal)
- Scald (STAB coverage with burn chance)
- Ice Beam (Great check for dragon + flying + ground types)
- Stealth Rock (Hazards setup)

Giving Empoleon stealth rocks also frees up a move slot for either your Landorus or Ferrothorn; I chose to replace Stealth Rocks on Ferrothorn with Thunder Wave, providing good coverage to slow down those pesky fast sweepers. This also works well with your Big Root and Leech Seed combo, as a paralysis coupled with Leech Seed could be easy healing for you. I'd suggest this, or completely scratch Big Root for Leftovers and Stealth Rocks for Protect. Either combo works, it's up to you. I've adjusted the second set on Ferrothorn to be more accommodated to take a physical hit as well, being able to take a regular Sacred Sword hit from Keldeo so you can hit back harder with Power Whip.

Ferrothorn @ Big Root
Sassy Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

If you do use this set, scratch Glare on Serperior for Substitute. This will provide Serperior with a base for taking a hit while gaining special attack in the process with Contrary Leaf Storm Spam.

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute

OR

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Might also be worth reconsidering your nature and EV spread on Mega Sableye so that it's not kind of sitting on the wall between a physical tank and a special tank. The purpose of having it as one or the other is to ensure that you don't take more than 50% damage from a hit, which enables you to use recover and stall them out with will-o-wisp.

That's all from me, best of luck!

Hi, I'd like to give you a quick rate.

I'd highly recommend changing your Tentacruel to Empoleon. Empoleon still provides the same hazard removal features as Tentacruel, and can also remove them on ghost types which Tentacural is unable to do. Empoleon also provides as a nice counter against Hidden Power Fire Latios, a pokemon which definitely has potential to deal heavy damage on your team.

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 200 HP / 230 Def / 78 SpA
Bold Nature
- Defog (Hazards removal)
- Scald (STAB coverage with burn chance)
- Ice Beam (Great check for dragon + flying + ground types)
- Stealth Rock (Hazards setup)

Giving Empoleon stealth rocks also frees up a move slot for either your Landorus or Ferrothorn; I chose to replace Stealth Rocks on Ferrothorn with Thunder Wave, providing good coverage to slow down those pesky fast sweepers. This also works well with your Big Root and Leech Seed combo, as a paralysis coupled with Leech Seed could be easy healing for you. I'd suggest this, or completely scratch Big Root for Leftovers and Stealth Rocks for Protect. Either combo works, it's up to you. I've adjusted the second set on Ferrothorn to be more accommodated to take a physical hit as well, being able to take a regular Sacred Sword hit from Keldeo so you can hit back harder with Power Whip.
Isn't Defog a bad move for this team? I am fairly new so I could be wrong, but if you are trying to setup your Hazards, Defog does the opposite...

Isn't Defog a bad move for this team? I am fairly new so I could be wrong, but if you are trying to setup your Hazards, Defog does the opposite...
Ah yes, I'm commenting on how they both have the same hazard removal ability. But you are right, Empoleon is arguably not as good in setting up hazards however as an all round pokemon I find it to be much more viable in OU than tentacruel

Ah yes, I'm commenting on how they both have the same hazard removal ability. But you are right, Empoleon is arguably not as good in setting up hazards however as an all round pokemon I find it to be much more viable in OU than tentacruel
So he is still suggested over Cruel? Or "just" in other Teams?

What about Volcarona instead of Serperior as a Special Sweeper?

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power Ground

It can deal with Klefki (and the other Fairy Types) and with Heatran if Lando is removed.

Volcarona is an interesting Pokemon. It also will get rid of the 2 grass types I have and give me a fire type. I will experiment with this. Also dogknees, I will be keeping my Tentacruel since I find it better because, as Iwantyoubad said, defog isn't the best and I already have 3 stealth rock setteps, not to mention toxic is really good

I am trying Volcarona right now with dogknees' Ferrothorn and it is working out very well (even if I am not that experienced of a player) and I came back to Tentacruel because it keeps also the "theme" with more Hazards to stack.(in addition to the fact mentioned before).

Oh and a noob question: can you stack regular Spikes together with Toxik Spikes in a game?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)