Other Metagames sana's BULK rock monotype team

Ay it's me sana, some of you know me as the rock user from imperium league. I've been maining rock for about 3 years now (I think) and it's about time I give some of my teams out. This team is my absolute favourite. When creating this team (a fuck long ago) the main idea was to create as bulky team as possible, meaning that i could have as many switch-ins as possible ,while still maintaing good offensive preserence.

Here's the team:

Darude (Tyranitar) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Def / 40 SpA / 40 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Earthquake/Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge
- Crunch​

Tyranitar, an absolute wall that lives almost any (special)attack except stab fighting. Provides sandstorm, which makes my team bulkier on the special side. However, that ain't the main purpuse; the main purpose is weather control. Comes extremly handy vs SS water teams. Tyranitar also has great wallbreaking potential, coming from it's massive attack and diverse movepool, which comes especially hand vs steel teams as he hitsalmost every steel pokemon for SE damage. The Speed evs are there to outspeed and KO scizor, while the rest are put in attack to maxmize wallbreaking potential and bulk.

8 dicks =you lose gg (Cradily) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Giga Drain
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Toxic
Cradily; the staple to every rock team. My second special wall, water attack absorber and stealth rock setter. This is a pokemon you don't want to die when facing water teams. Much like every other pokemon in this teams, it appreciates sandstorm.

Pussywhipped (Aggron) @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Iron Head/Heavy Slam
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
Agrron, pure steel typing- what more could you ask for. It ressists grass and steel attacks, making him extremly valuable vs steel and grass teams. Aggron is also a great wincon, once major threats are removed. Whether you should use iron head or heavy slam is up to you. Iron head has more PP and it can do more damage vs heavy (literaly) threats such as Kyruem, terrakion, venusaur, hoopa-unbound.

(BAN ME PLEASE)face (Diancie) @ Expert Belt or Pixie Plate
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Earth Power
- Heal Bell
- Trick Room
- Moonblast​

Diance is the glue that holds the team together, offensive- and defensive-wise. It's massive bulk and typing alows it to take even the strongest fighting attacks.
252 Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 184+ Def Diancie: 199-235 (65.4 - 77.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO - and diancie can KO back
Diancie is extremly useful when facing fighting and dark teams (for obvious reasons). Heal bell works great with rest aggron, and trick room alows diancie aswell as the rest of my slow team to sweep if possible. Trick room can really turn the game in your favour. Earth power can KO bisharp after stealth rock damage and can deal up to 77% vs excadrill.

Diabetes (Omastar) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Shell Smash
Special attacker of the team and the ONLY pokemon that allows me to beat ground teams; omastar. The set is pretty standard. Some people prefer timid over modest, but since I'm using scald (Which is extremly useful, as the oponnent will always think twice before switching in venusaur, ferrothorn etc.) the extra power is needed and since I have trick room, the speed loss ain't that big of a deal. Feel free to run timid tho, as then you can outspeed some threats with +2 speed like latios for example.
I used to have focus sash, but air ballon, bloody immunity to ground attacks, is very useful. It stops excadrill, garchomp, landorus-t,mamoswine etc. sweeps while also provoding omastar with a lot more setup opprotunties. It isn't that useful againts grass and fighting teams, though.

Shagger (Terrakion) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge​

I designed this set back when mew and weezing were prominent threats, as this set could counter them. However, the wallbreaking potential this Terrakion has conviced me to keep using it. While mew and weezing arent common as they used to be, M-sableye is, and terrakion can counter most sets. Not that Sableye is that big of a problem since i have diancie, but having LO terrakion behind a sub is very threatning for the opposing team, nonetheless. CC and stone edge provide almost perfect coverage, countered only by doublade and golurk.
Breaks every normal team, just don't let ditto transform into +2 attack +1 speed terrakion and you'll do fine

So that pretty much covers the basics. I have a lot of expereince with this team and could write a lot about how to beat certain team and types, so feel free to ask me questions, cuz I don't feel like writing so much.
Keep in mind that all the sets in the team were made by me. The idea for aggron's set I got from my boy crashy, so shout-outs to him.
Importable:
Code:
Pussywhipped (Aggron) @ Aggronite 
Ability: Sturdy 
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD 
Careful Nature 
- Curse 
- Iron Head 
- Sleep Talk 
- Rest 

(BAN ME PLEASE)face (Diancie) @ Expert Belt 
Ability: Clear Body 
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpA 
Bold Nature 
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe 
- Earth Power 
- Heal Bell 
- Trick Room 
- Moonblast 

Diabetes (Omastar) @ Air Balloon 
Ability: Weak Armor 
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe 
Modest Nature 
- Hidden Power [Grass] 
- Scald 
- Ice Beam 
- Shell Smash 

8 dicks =you lose gg (Cradily) @ Leftovers 
Ability: Storm Drain 
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD 
Calm Nature 
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA 
- Giga Drain 
- Stealth Rock 
- Recover 
- Toxic 

Darude (Tyranitar) @ Assault Vest 
Ability: Sand Stream 
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Def / 40 SpA / 40 Spe 
Naughty Nature 
- Earthquake 
- Fire Blast 
- Stone Edge 
- Crunch 

Shagger (Terrakion) @ Life Orb 
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe 
Jolly Nature 
- Swords Dance 
- Substitute 
- Close Combat 
- Stone Edge
(How do u make that importable shit?)

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Nice team man, but straight away you are insanely weak to superpower scizor(which rock team isn't?) I know mega aggron kind of walls scizor if it sets up along with it, but if it doesn't then it will be a issue(it sets up on diancie and cradily). I mean have you considered fire punch over sleep talk on aggron?I know you lose a shit ton of momentum but it might help.(Also you don't outspeed bulky mega zor)
Anyways cool team ;)

Confluxx [Old]

Banned deucer.
Very solid team, I only have a minor suggestion.

Since you don't have Sticky Webs on this team you lack Speed control so I would suggest Choice Scarf Terrakion or even Choice Band for getting an incredibly hard hit of right off the bat instead of setting up which isn't always reliable.
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Band > Subsitute+Swords Dance
Pretty unique Diancie set, seems like a decent check to Fighting. I was originally gonna suggest a Weakness Policy Rhyperior set as it can take an HJK and kill it back with +2 Earthquake but after looking at the fact that Diancie lives HJK and BP from Mega Medicham, this is fine.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf / Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

Good luck with the team! (even though you've had it for ages)

Nice team man, but straight away you are insanely weak to superpower scizor(which rock team isn't?) I know mega aggron kind of walls scizor if it sets up along with it, but if it doesn't then it will be a issue(it sets up on diancie and cradily). I mean have you considered fire punch over sleep talk on aggron?I know you lose a shit ton of momentum but it might help.(Also you don't outspeed bulky mega zor)
Anyways cool team ;)
Thanks
Yeah SD superpower scizor breaks just about any rock team. I have infact considered running fire punch on aggron, but curse is too useful againts other matchups to give up (fighting, ground, dragon, normal,vs m-venu, vs m-sableye etc.)
Mega aggron can beat superpower scizor if it sets up before scizor uses SD + it can abuse the def. drops, but that's highly unlikely to happen

Very solid team, I only have a minor suggestion.

Since you don't have Sticky Webs on this team you lack Speed control so I would suggest Choice Scarf Terrakion or even Choice Band for getting an incredibly hard hit of right off the bat instead of setting up which isn't always reliable.
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Band > Subsitute+Swords Dance
Pretty unique Diancie set, seems like a decent check to Fighting. I was originally gonna suggest a Weakness Policy Rhyperior set as it can take an HJK and kill it back with +2 Earthquake but after looking at the fact that Diancie lives HJK and BP from Mega Medicham, this is fine.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf / Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

Good luck with the team! (even though you've had it for ages)
This team doesnt relly much on ability to outspeed but on the abilty to take a hit. I am aware that trick room isn't nearly as reliable as sticky web, but it gets the job done.
I agree tho, choice Terrakion is completly viable in this team.
Thanks bro

Hi, nice team. I don't have a whole lot to add, just a few tweaks here and there:
Tyranitar -
  • What does the current EV spread do? Other than the Speed EVs, none of them seem to reach a specific benchmark. I think it might be useful to use 252 HP / 132 Atk / 84 SpD / 40 Spe with a Sassy Nature > 156 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Def / 40 SpA / 40 Spe. This set gives you more overall bulk, which can come in handy considering all the thing TTar needs to check. Most importantly though, it allows you to take a Focus Blast from Landorus and OHKO back with Ice Beam. You also take less damage from Garchomp and defensive Landorus-T's Earthquake, which is a nice bonus. Although the Attack was reduced, you still retain the ability to 2HKO 252/252+ Slowbro after Stealth Rock and Sandstorm, and still Speed creep Scizor.
  • You could use also Flamethrower > Fire Blast; the base power doesn't make a difference and it's just more reliable for beating Skarmory when it decides to attempt to Roost stall out your Fire Blasts. Still 2HKOes Ferrothorn and other stuff, although I'm not sure if I'm missing anything.
Cradily -
  • Another EV spread change, try 252 HP (or 248 I guess) / 252 Def / 4 SpD > 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD. This way, Cradily can counter Garchomp and Landorus-T and switch in to random Earthquakes more reliably. It also performs well against Mega Swampert and Mega Gyarados much more reliably, as Swampert's Earthquake no longer 2HKOes. Also, a minor nitpick, you have 30 IVs in SpA instead of 31 for some reason.
Diancie -
  • It's a good set, but I think you need a bit more Special Attack on the set, despite being primarily defensive. Currently you miss out on the OHKO on Keldeo and Terrakion, which is a big deal. Try out 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpA > 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpA. This gives you a better chance to OHKO Keldeo and Terrakion, as well as a somewhat decent chance against Mega Gallade, after Stealth Rock. Luckily, you still retain the ability to survive any of Jolly Mega Medicham's attacks after 2 rounds of Stealth Rock damage.
72 SpA Pixie Plate Diancie Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Terrakion: 288-342 (89.1 - 105.8%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
72 SpA Pixie Plate Diancie Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Keldeo: 288-342 (89.1 - 105.8%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
72 SpA Pixie Plate Diancie Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gallade: 236-278 (84.8 - 100%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

112 SpA Pixie Plate Diancie Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Terrakion: 300-354 (92.8 - 109.5%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
112 SpA Pixie Plate Diancie Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Keldeo: 302-356 (93.4 - 110.2%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
112 SpA Pixie Plate Diancie Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gallade: 246-290 (88.4 - 104.3%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Omastar -
  • Another slight change, but I'd strongly advocate for using Timid > Modest on Omastar. Without Timid, Omastar won't outspeed Sand Rush Excadrill even after a Shell Smash + Weak Armor boost, whereas, with Timid, it will. It also lets Omastar outspeed Jolly base 100s after a Weak Armor boost, which isn't much, but it does come in handy if you ever switch into a Fake Out against a Mega Medicham or something.

I would recommend playing around with Rhyperior > Diancie so you have a better matchup vs. Scizor and have a secondary physical attacker check that allows Mega Aggron to wait to set up Curse until late-game, but like Confluxx said, Diancie is good too, and, if taken out, your matchup with Fighting is even worse.

That's all I have to say, good luck with the team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)