SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Glaive Rush specifically is unlikely to ever see distribution to other pokemon, mainly due to the whole joke it's based upon.

You've seen the animation right? It's on "godzillacalibur" because it's likely a reference to the (extremely questionable) godzilla animations from a very old movie

(please mute the video if you watch it for your own sanity xd)

If anything the only pokemon I could see this distributed to would be Tyranitar and Duralodon lol but unlikely to anything else.
Yeah, Godzilla vs Hedorah isn’t an acid trip, it’s an acid adventure, but seriously, I don’t believe anything else is getting access to Glaive Rush.
Believe me, no amount of strong attacks will ever make Tyrantrum viable in OU or VGC because regardless of how hard it hits, it has a awful typing and it's relatively slow, while also being super frail on special side.

The damage was never Tyrantrum's issue, it needs like 50 more speed or a busted ability (like Baxcalibur's) to splash into real viability.
Yes, Rock/Dragon sucks as a typing.

Pretty sure that's what he did before with the SWSH DLCs or something I don't remember. But if the DLC did get leaked the day before that's honestly impressive for Game Freak to keep things a secret for this long
Are we talking returning Pokemon or everything?
So Kurt (Kaphotics) just retweeted their old tweet from 2014:

This usually happens right before a datamine so we may get some information before release after all.
Woooooooooo!
I am pretty sure the actual reason he does this is not because he has imminent drops he's about to dig through but to troll people.
Oh.

We know that Spectrier is one of the static encounters, and I feel like GF wouldn't want to make all those static legendaries shiny locked. However, shiny Enamorus will probably remain unavailable, as it will likely be available from a raid event which definitely won't be shiny eligible.

We know that Spectrier is one of the static encounters, and I feel like GF wouldn't want to make all those static legendaries shiny locked. However, shiny Enamorus will probably remain unavailable, as it will likely be available from a raid event which definitely won't be shiny eligible.
True, but Khu already clarified earlier that he realized Enamorus wasn’t one of the postgame encounters. To then go on and make ANOTHER clarification on the tweet that also has Spectrier? As a shiny hunter, this definitely worries me a bit.

I don't think Go has gotten a single shiny before they're available in a main series game
Meltan and Melmetal were introduced as shinies in GO.

Castform's Sunny, Rainy and Snowy forms' shiny variation was first seen in GO.

Also worth a mention that the various Furfrou trims (shiny or not) are only obtainable in Home from GO.

So there is a precedent for some shinies and forms being debuted or exclusively available in GO.

Meltan and Melmetal were introduced as shinies in GO.

Castform's Sunny, Rainy and Snowy forms' shiny variation was first seen in GO.

Also worth a mention that the various Furfrou trims (shiny or not) are only obtainable in Home from GO.

So there is a precedent for some shinies and forms being debuted or exclusively available in GO.
It's a pretty slim precedent, though

Meltan & Melmetal I did forget about when saying that, but also were introduced in (& outside the gift G-Max Melmetan, only available in) Go so there's clearly some bias towards that. I expect Roaming Gimmighoul to get the same treatment (bit surprised they didn't have one to go with the Raid event, actually)

Castform's shiny variations are a bit irrelevant when Castform itself has been able to be shiny since day 1. The fact the forms didn't display as shiny until gen 8 doesn't really matter...In fact, I had a hunch, so I checked the dates.
The first shiny weather form was released March 2021. Castform's shiny weathers were regularly viewable in Home in 2020. The only problem with Castform is it had to wait until BDSP to actually show them.

And Furfrou doesnt matter to this conversation when it was still available before Home. A number of Pokemon were available in Go but not the MSG Gen 8/9 games

It's just not enough to make me think they'll debut Enamorus's shiny in Go before a regular game gets it. Especially since they trend towards dripfeeding everything. Having Shiny Enamorus debut before anywhere else would honestly be a new, non-arguable, interesting precedent to set!

Same goes with other shiny locked Pokemon. Although I could see an exception made for Shiny regular Magearna, since those shiny colors got updated to actually be shiny look like the anime's "unpainted" Magearna; to that extent we've had shiny Magearna plainly visible for years which imo is fair game for Go. ...After they finally release it in Go normally, anyway.

As soon as I saw that the legendaries are placed in the overworld to interact with, I actually had a feeling that meant they were shiny-locked. Otherwise, when would the shiny be determined? With Snacksworth? When flying back to Paldea?

It couldn’t be when you started the battle, because then the legendary would change color as soon as you pressed A on it. The Loyal Three are our best example of static legendaries whose Nature and IVs weren’t determined until you pressed A on them, and those were shiny-locked, so it would stand to reason that all of these will be as well.

As soon as I saw that the legendaries are placed in the overworld to interact with, I actually had a feeling that meant they were shiny-locked. Otherwise, when would the shiny be determined? With Snacksworth? When flying back to Paldea?

It couldn’t be when you started the battle, because then the legendary would change color as soon as you pressed A on it. The Loyal Three are our best example of static legendaries whose Nature and IVs weren’t determined until you pressed A on them, and those were shiny-locked, so it would stand to reason that all of these will be as well.
I assumed shininess would be determined when the Pokemon first generates, so either with Snackworth or when flying back to Paldea.
Similar to how roamers worked

If they're really all shiny locked that's both lame and funny, considering the shininess thing used to be like one of the "things" about the big returns of Legends. Guess that'd be another thing to throw in the trash this generation.

My speculative copium idea is that the Legendaries are generated when you get the Snack and then are locked into being Shiny or not at that moment.

Have we seen anything that hard confirms they're static to the extent of interacting by pressing-A like the Titans, or could they be like the Galarian Birds where they're fixed spawns but you can trigger the battle by just running into Gapdos for example?

If they wanted to go REALLY crazy, imagine if the Snacks were extremely high cost but you could generate multiple Legendaries off of one like being able to see multiples of the UBs in USUM. So like get 10k Blue Berry Points to make another Rainbow Muffin and you can catch a Second Ho-oh. Or if the Snack worked like the Sandwich/food system and upped the Spawn Rate of a Legendary from 0 to 1% so you could run around to find another one (but since the food isn't custom, no Shiny Boosting)?

Wish-listing aside I would be curious if the speculation on catching multiples of the Trio Paradoxes would also entail their corresponding Sub-Legendaries being available in multiples.

Have we seen anything that hard confirms they're static to the extent of interacting by pressing-A like the Titans, or could they be like the Galarian Birds where they're fixed spawns but you can trigger the battle by just running into Gapdos for example?
The sidequest text stubs that implied their existence and a recent preview screenshot shows that they have the usual cry in a textbox when you talk to them, so probably the former.
1702487822956.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)