SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

View attachment 463524
Supposed Bisharp evolution in the cropped format, posted on 4chan with a guy drawing it first.
Honestly would have preferred a Hitmon/Eeveelution deal where Pawniard "promotes" into the different possible pieces in Chess. But this is fine.
View attachment 463526
Paradox Tyranitar from the same thread, feeling like he has betrayed his friend.
EDIT: This image looks kind of weird, I think there's some marker over it.
Ok, so are all the Future Paradox forms going to be robots now? Seems kind of underwhelming to have no speculation of how the species will evolve and are just "Pokemon but as a robot". Not even a cyborg looking one too.

churine

lunatic+
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
shouldve been a split evolution, goddamn they really gonna outdo zweilous and drakloak at least lower the level pawniard evolves at no one tryna wait til level 52

View attachment 463526
Paradox Tyranitar from the same thread, with the user feeling like he has betrayed his friend.
EDIT: This image looks kind of weird, I think there's some marker over it.
EDIT 2: Apparently the user also saw Salamence from the discord he's seeing this in but didn't save it.
that area ttar is in looks really crazy, i'm guessing thats the endgame area where you can catch paradox mons? has a dream-like quality to it which is neat. cool looking mon too

Honestly would have preferred a Hitmon/Eeveelution deal where Pawniard "promotes" into the different possible pieces in Chess. But this is fine.
To quote myself the page before

Before anyone says anything, if this is real I should point out that the chess piece motif was merely an invention of the English names an had nothing to do with their actual concepts.
In other words, its similar to the case of Mr. Mime being 50% female, Growlithe not learning Growl, ect.

Anyone else think Skelidurge is gonna be bad? I mean its most likely gonna be slow and a Slow Fire/Ghost type when there are already much better Fire/Ghost pokemon doesn't seem promising.

Skeliurge has to compete with Alolan Marowak, Blasephalon, Chandelure, and Ceruledge (who is being added this gen).
Eh. Ghost/fire is shockingly good defensively (7 resists, two immunities). If it has enough differentiating qualities i wouldn't be surprised to see it succeed.

Blacephalon outclasses very single ghost fire Pokémon in the game under normal circumstances. The starters being bad competitively are to be expected with maybe 1 of them being good. Doesn't matter to me tho.
Also don't feel this either. Hisui-Typhlosion's signature move being a hex-scald combo will definitely give it a reason to be used over the clown.

1667960420110.png

Paradox Tyranitar from the same thread, feeling like he has betrayed his friend.
Now I REALLY want to see paradox Salamence.

To quote myself the page before

In other words, its similar to the case of Mr. Mime being 50% female, Growlithe not learning Growl, ect.
Pawniard's JP name is Komatana, which combines Koma (piece in Shogi or Japanese Chess), Komagire (small pieces, referring to pawn in this case), and katana.
Shogi still has promotion in the game like regular chess. Shogi even has similar pieces to regular chess as well.

Also don't feel this either. Hisui-Typhlosion's signature move being a hex-scald combo will definitely give it a reason to be used over the clown.
Blacephalon is a 151/107 mon with an ability that allows him to snowball what already is one of the best spas in the franchise and a solid speed tier, while h-typh is exactly blacephalon but worse with the scald move and also outspeed by base 100s. So no, in terms of consistency i dont think it is a reason to be used over the clown. Base 151 shadow balls aren't situational.

Blacephalon is a 151/107 mon with an ability that allows him to snowball what already is one of the best spas in the franchise and a solid speed tier, while h-typh is exactly blacephalon but worse with the scald move and also outspeed by base 100s. So no, in terms of consistency i dont think it is a reason to be used over the clown. Base 151 shadow balls aren't situational.
This will be 100% true until Typhlosion-H gets Eruption, which would at least give it an edge over Blacephalon due to 119 SpA Eruptions, though still very outclassed by Blacephalon. It technically doesn't learn Eruption now, but PLA has very shallow movepools.

Pawniard's JP name is Komatana, which combines Koma (piece in Shogi or Japanese Chess), Komagire (small pieces, referring to pawn in this case), and katana.
Shogi still has promotion in the game like regular chess. Shogi even has similar pieces to regular chess as well.
This has not been confirmed, but a pastebin with all leaked names called the Bisharp Evo " Samuroyal " if I recall correctly, as in Bishop promoting to King/Queen in chess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)