SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Salamence was in Ubers a couple gens ago and now it's in UU. :trode:
I still have trouble accepting Excadrill below OU.
Here's a doompill: ever since gen 5, pseudolegends have been specializing in stats other than Attack.
Hydreigon- Special Attack
Goodra- Special Defense
Kommo-o- Defense
Dragapult- Speed
Ice/Dragon- :psycry:
HP is a stat, right? A Dragon-type Wailord/Hariyama/Lanturn could be interesting to see.
I am really, really hoping the Gen 9 anime makes Ash accidentally catch 30 of each of the new Tauros forms

would be an amazing callback and would be hysterical for Ash to have a grand total of 120 Tauros
The callback episode we all secretly wanted. Hope it won't be banned because of guns.

Also on the note of referencing original series gags, Paradox Jigglypuff bringing out a comically large organ instead of singing because vampire
khu described it not as a vampire but as "aboriginal", which putting sharp breaths of him landing on that aside, I take to mean "it has tattoo markings" (+ "fangs, to show its beastial/ancient")

if it winds up being an original series gag it'd probably be for the season 1 with the giant jigglypuff with tattoo markings (and fangs)

khu described it not as a vampire but as "aboriginal", which putting sharp breaths of him landing on that aside, I take to mean "it has tattoo markings" (+ "fangs, to show its beastial/ancient")

if it winds up being an original series gag it'd probably be for the season 1 with the giant jigglypuff with tattoo markings (and fangs)
Given he used "aboriginal" specifically I assume it's didgeridoo themed given the main context I've aboriginal used to refer to something was with Australia, since most people will use indigenous or native when referring to similar groups elsewhere.

Also on the note of referencing original series gags, Paradox Jigglypuff bringing out a comically large organ instead of singing because vampire
Given he used "aboriginal" specifically I assume it's didgeridoo themed given the main context I've aboriginal used to refer to something was with Australia, since most people will use indigenous or native when referring to similar groups elsewhere.
Why not both?
Why not a pipe organ made of didgeridoos?

Ganonpuff is now canon in my heart. :totodiLUL:
*plays Waltzing Matilda on the organ*

calling out Ice-types for being bad is very, very tired. Weavile is the premier offensive mon in OU and base kyurem was banned this gen. A toned down KyuB could be pretty neat tbh
I think Ice-types are pretty good too, particularly this gen, but Kyurem isn't the best example to show it. Kyurem is a 600+ BST legendary. The fact that it wasn't instabanned the same way stuff like Rayquaza or Reshiram were is pretty telling I think

I'm still excited for the Ice/Dragon mon, but the optics aren't looking the best for it since the typing is inherently flawed. A 3 / 5 resistance to weakness ratio isn't the best, particularly since the types it's weak to are incredibly common + the SR weakness will force it to run HDB. A saving grace is that the typing is good at checking most Electric and Water-types since its not also weak to the Ice-coverage moves these Pokemon normally run. Offensively, Dragon STAB is redundant with Ice- STAB, mostly just being useful to hit Ice resist for neutral damage. I am hoping this Pokemon will get Fighting, Ground or Electric coverage, but if it doesn't, then Dragon coverage will be the next best option it has.

I am hoping this Pokemon will be more like Dragapult or Weavile stat-wise (with a greater focus on special offenses) since that leverages the benefits of its typing much better.

It will be interesting to see what design they go with for this Pokemon. The concept of an Icy Dragon has a lot of room for creativity. I could see them going for a more quadruped design or something more standard like Dragonite, Hydreigon, and Dragapult where its able to fly around.

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
Yeah the Ice types that broke into OU this gen are all extremely powerful, GDarm is legitimately overpowered, Kyurem has incredible stats and moves, ATales has busted Veil, Zolt has Slush Rush + Bolt Beat, Weavile is both fast and strong while having amazing STABs. These mons benefit from being Ice-type for sure since it's a great offensive component to have, but this mostly comes from them being so strong that the many flaws of the Ice type are outweighed enough for them to be worth running. Like was said before, the fact that it took Kyurem this long to be considered banworthy despite having Uber-tier stats and a respectable movepool + ability says a lot.

GameFreak's current approach tiwards making Ice-types better seems to be giving certain Pokemon strong tools at their disposal rather than addressing the flaws of the type itself. I'm fairly certain that our Ice/Dragon pseudo will follow suit, especially with how they approached Kommo-o after SM and Dragapult which are pretty insane in their own ways.

calling out Ice-types for being bad is very, very tired. Weavile is the premier offensive mon in OU and base kyurem was banned this gen. A toned down KyuB could be pretty neat tbh
It's not that the type itself is bad.

It's more that Game Freak doesn't really play to its strengths. We really don't need any more slow defensive Ice mons. It's not a good defensive type.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
I feel like as long as its got mildly competent Speed and decent coverage (a lot of dragons get Thunderbolt), its probably gonna be good enough for at least UU

The "problem" with Ice is just that its a very offensively-oriented type, imo it having a lot of weakness with few resistances isn't really an issue itself, its meant to be a glass cannon type. Its just that GameFreak has to stop making slow defensive Ices (Which, for what its worth, I feel we got a lot more "Slow, but meant to use TR" ice mons lately than "Slow defensive Ice Mon". Can't say we've completely shifted from that because dumbass frosmoth exists as a weird support mon, but other than that, I feel like every Ice mon since Gen 7 either has a good base speed :ninetales-alola::darmanitan-galar:, has a way of boosting Speed :sandslash-alola::arctovish::arctozolt::eiscue-noice: or is meant to use Trick Room :crabominable::glastrier::calyrex-ice:. Even Cetitan fits into this - Regardless of its Base speed, its confirmed that it has Slush Rush. I feel the only outliers of this are the forementioned Frosmoth, mr Rime being at an awkward 70 base (i guess it can technically raise speed with Rapid Spin? does that even count???) and Havalugg, althop the latter could arguably be a TR mon for doubles, not sure)

I can kinda see this mon being inteded as initially mid Speed but high HP so it can set up DD and go ham - Worst case scenario it'd probably still have Scale Shot. Sure that Ice/Dragon isn't exactly an outstanding offensive combo but Ice STAB itself already goes a decent mile imo and as I said earlier, Dragon tends to have coverage moves that would really help it out (Namely a lot of them also getting Equake - would be really good here to deal with Pex). Whatever the case, I really doubt that this mon would end up lower tier, even if it doesn't exactly end up as an OU-Defining beast.

BST Pseudo.png
Yeah, speed seems like a problem. They COULD make it 110, that's not unprecedented, but I'm expecting a speed more like Goodra. TBH, Ice Shard and a Dnite stat line would probably be pretty good, or Dragon Dance(or both), but pretty good isn't enough for OU. In-game, it'll be great just because 600 BST and 2 good offensive types plus EQ, except they're going to lock it to the lategame area because of course they are. Oh well, I'll do a run with it anyway, just to say I did it.

1666617133333.png

Some recent paradox facts from Khu include double confirming that they are all dual type, and saying that the iron-prefixed (future) mons are not steel [type], and the ancients are not fire [type].

Also shoutouts to the pokeleaks subreddit where I got the image. I haven't been there in a while since Legends but seems like they've cleaned up pretty well and have some good focus on documenting new info in individual posts instead of being filled with clutter.

View attachment 460416
Some recent paradox facts from Khu include double confirming that they are all dual type, and saying that the iron-prefixed (future) mons are not steel [type], and the ancients are not fire [type].

Also shoutouts to the pokeleaks subreddit where I got the image. I haven't been there in a while since Legends but seems like they've cleaned up pretty well and have some good focus on documenting new info in individual posts instead of being filled with clutter.
He had already said all Paradoxes were dual-typed.

So basically, he said that 2+2 isn't 7.

Riveting. :worrywhirl:

Wake me up when he says a paragon's actual type. :mehowth:

Since the teaser that YungDramps posted in the official thread suggests we will indeed be getting a new ghost type reveal tomorrow, I hope it will be the coin, to highlight the treasure hunt some more. I don't care to the see the dog, TPC. If you wanted me to care about the dog, it should have been dual-typed.
tiny brain: the dog because its new, stand alone & probably cute
exploding multi galaxy spiral brain: primeape evolution and its being put into Go as a tie in.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Since the teaser that YungDramps posted in the official thread suggests we will indeed be getting a new ghost type reveal tomorrow, I hope it will be the coin, to highlight the treasure hunt some more. I don't care to the see the dog, TPC. If you wanted me to care about the dog, it should have been dual-typed.
Nah bro fuck the stupid-ass coin I WANT MONKEY RIGHT NOWWWWWWWAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
1666641770510.png

I've waited long enough... I just want he

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Really wish this was about Paradoxes but I kinda doubt it. They're advertising it as a ghost thing, and the only Ghost Paradox iirc is Misdreavus (And they wouldn't just reveal one paradox since they're version exclusives)

I'd love to see the monke evo at one (free Ghoulrilla) but its also been described as peaceful-looking which idt fts the vid's vibe. Gonna guess its the ghost dog for now. Honestly would be fine with any of the ghost mon reveals though, they all sound reasonably interesting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)