SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

The latter is mostly what I mean. We've had at least two cases this gen I can think of where Pokemon Home's hack checks just straight up would not play ball with Nincada. No way they were gonna deal with that again so soon.

There's every possibility Meowscarada got the Chandelure Shadow Tag treatment aswell, of course. Khu confirmed that Gimmighoul's signature move has been nerfed since he originally teased it.
How busted is Shadow Tag in VGC though? To my knowledge, it is strong, but not overwhelming in that format.

Grass / Dark has a lot of weaknesses, but I do like how well the type synergies with Fire / Ghost. Outside of Rock and Flying, the two types have almost perfect defensive synergy.

I do wonder what Meowscarada's hidden ability is. Hope it isn't Grassy Terrain since we got a Starter last gen w/ that ability. Magic Bounce or Guard would be really good abilities, but IIRC these abilities aren't considered that good in VGC. Still wouldn't be complaining if it did get one of those.

How busted is Shadow Tag in VGC though? To my knowledge, it is strong, but not overwhelming in that format.

Grass / Dark has a lot of weaknesses, but I do like how well the type synergies with Fire / Ghost. Outside of Rock and Flying, the two types have almost perfect defensive synergy.

I do wonder what Meowscarada's hidden ability is. Hope it isn't Grassy Terrain since we got a Starter last gen w/ that ability. Magic Bounce or Guard would be really good abilities, but IIRC these abilities aren't considered that good in VGC. Still wouldn't be complaining if it did get one of those.
Shadow Tag is still strong in VGC and the only thing holding it back is the users.

I could see Protean being Meowscarada's ability - hasn't been on a Grass type starter yet, is definitely broken (Cinderace and Greninja were banned in their debut generations due to the ability + stats, which Meowscarada seems likely to emulate as a speedy attacker) and the definition "tending or able to change frequently or easily" would fit a magician reasonably well? Only thing going against that is the whole "not a renamed ability" since Protean may not fit a cat magician in terms of wording. Magic Guard / Magic Bounce are probably more fitting but not exactly broken.

It's busted enough to have made Gothitelle see play exclusively because of it.

Only reason you havent seen any Gothitelle in the final bit is cause one of the most used restricteds just shits all over it while also ignoring shadow tag, plus Dynamax on its own basically lets you disregard Shadow Tag to some degree as you can just... nuke Gothitelle out of existance.

...Am I really the only one who thinks that the leaker literally meant "Competitive" as ability? :(

Duck Chris

replay watcher
is a Forum Moderator
So pretty much what we expected it ro be.

Well I guess a 80 BP "adaptive" hit is ok for in-game where you're likely teralyzing anytime possible, but I struggle to see this actually used in real competitive scene outside of movepools as bad as say, Serperior or Spectrier.
Huh? This is basically 80 base power hidden power that also gets stab when you terastalize and can be physical... Busted

At this juncture I feel like the anti-Zodiac theory people are far more annoying about things than the Zodiac theory people.

Makes me think Prankster tbh. It really does depend on what kind of Competitive they mean.
More simply just "god", on top of not having seen its movepool yet for what it's worth.
khu having not seen the movepool is exactly why I Don't think it's prankster, as far as broken abilities are concerned, prankster is by far one of the most movepool-reliant ones

I can't believe we are still talking about the "broken ability". The leaker is just that, a leaker. He's not soulwind, he's not ABR. We are talking about a Pokémon fan that doesn't even have to be interested in competitive. I know a lot of people that just know that competitive exists and would say something like "this mon is broken" or "this ability is broken" when in reality that mon belongs to PU.

I can't even comprehend why are we discussing so much about the wording of this guy or his personal opinion of a certain ability being broken.

I can't believe we are still talking about the "broken ability". The leaker is just that, a leaker. He's not soulwind, he's not ABR. We are talking about a Pokémon fan that doesn't even have to be interested in competitive. I know a lot of people that just know that competitive exists and would say something like "this mon is broken" or "this ability is broken" when in reality that mon belongs to PU.

I can't even comprehend why are we discussing so much about the wording of this guy or his personal opinion of a certain ability being broken.
I trust that Meowscarade will likely be the shill starter and get the OP ability or have the most OP ability. It has that shillmon look compared to the other starters and is also furbait.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)