SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

That reminds me. Since we know the Power Training items are available as soon as the player reaches the first stores, is Let's Go farming the wave for EV training?

Ironically, SwSh turned out to be a great base for simple text/difficulty hacks, which was really what it needed the most.

I'll be honest... Don't bother then.

You're better served porting the mons to sprite-based games in that case. (Ain't no way these models will be backported to Gen 8)

With that said... I can't wait for mod tools to come out for SV for one reason.

I wanna get rid of those cursed Exp. Groups ASAP. :totodiLUL:
EXP groups? Like, you want all mons to level up at the same rate?

Has anyone gotten around to testing the magnitude of the Ruin legendaries' debuffs or the Punching Glove buff yet?
Good question. Since it's an ever-present debuff aura, I'm hoping it's not a full -1. Even a 25% reduction seems like too much but even that would be in line with Fairy Aura giving a 33% boost to the power of Fairy-type moves.

Good question. Since it's an ever-present debuff aura, I'm hoping it's not a full -1. Even a 25% reduction seems like too much but even that would be in line with Fairy Aura giving a 33% boost to the power of Fairy-type moves.
Worth noting that inverted Fairy Aura (via Aura Break) is 3/4. There aren't auras, exactly, but it would make sense for the multipliers to be smaller; GF make some questionable design decisions, but the stat nerfs on the dark quartet in the day one patch clearly shows they understand there's a balance problem there, and it wouldn't surprise me if they made a change to the abilities at the same time.

Maybe it really is just a case of "Egg move transfers existed so Gmax mons could get egg moves since max soup didn't exist at launch" so they didn't bring it back.
If the rumors of move deletion are true, wouldn't that also be a reason to maintain that mechanic though?

the exp group doesn't help fast leveling mons a lot
It actually hurts them because they level up too fast so you end up having to bench them to keep things even.

Not to sound like a prick, but why the heck would you think that? :tymp:
Because some gender-locked pokemon and genderless pokemon have egg moves.

Most notably, VGC players saw Grimmsnarl getting prankster Parting Shot as egg move and were like OK WHAT THE FUCK

However, the only way that grimmsnarl would be able to inherit a egg move would have been if either
- male pokemon can now be the one picking the race for offsprings
- you can now breed regardless of the sex (that'd also explain genderless egg moves)

However, neither of these seem to be the case, so the only remaining option seem to be that while they're classified as egg moves (likely to be able to be passed with Ditto breeding), they're actually from raids or similar shenenigans.

...that said I have yet to find a grimmsnarl or pre-evo raid.

1. We have no reason to think Adaptability wouldn't work for the new STAB.

2. Since you don't lose STAB on your old types, you won't lose Adaptability either.

3. A Pokémon Terastalizing into a type that it naturally has grants a 4/3 multiplier to damage for STAB moves on top of everything that was already there. Therefore Tera-STAB on top of normal STAB is 1.5*(4/3) for a total boost of 2x. Tera-STAB on top of Adaptability is 2*(4/3) for a total of an 8/3 multiplier (or approximately 2.6666 as a decimal).
Thank you, but the last bit I’m not sure is true.
Adaptability works like this.
Code:
adaptability: {
onModifyMove(move) {
move.stab = 2;
},
name: “Adaptability”,
rating: 4,
num: 91,
}
Here, instead of “move.stab = move.stab*4/3”, we have “move.stab = 2”. This actually matters a lot for the Tera question since not being a formula makes the answer less clear. If it was just a formula, it would be just x2.66~ (or x2.5 as it could be 1.5+0.5 for both Adaptability and Tera). It makes sense for the game not to do the formula stuff since that could lead to some issues with binary math (Not Pokemon but helps show the point, see this). However this does mean we actually have to find out the real multiplication of Adaptability+Super STAB in the code or by testing it out.

I also ask about the former 2 mechanics because Tera seems to be more unique than a type change. Namely how Tera even keeps your original STABs at all despite becoming a mono type, making it distinct from things like Soak, Forest Curse, and even Protean. The case could very well be that Tera STABs are seperate from regular STABs or that your original STABs are technically something else.

Because some gender-locked pokemon and genderless pokemon have egg moves.

Most notably, VGC players saw Grimmsnarl getting prankster Parting Shot as egg move and were like OK WHAT THE FUCK
So maybe the passing mechanic is still in but we don't know how it works?
What a mess. :pikuh:

Btw, do you know what the Tera Shards are used for?

Source: Slp's item pastebin.

1862: Normal Tera Shard
On rare occasions, these shards form when a Tera Pokémon falls in battle and its Tera Jewel shatters.
I can guess they don't just change a mon's innate Tera type, right? That'd be too easy.

Btw, do you know what the Tera Shards are used for?
I can guess they don't just change a mon's innate Tera type, right? That'd be too easy.
They actually do just that, you can change any pokemon tera type for 50 of these shard in the restaurant you do a gym battle in.

Yes it's that simple. Well time consuming, you don't really get a whole lot of these shards from raids, but it's mechanically very simple nontheless.

Thank you, but the last bit I’m not sure is true.
Adaptability works like this.
Code:
adaptability: {
onModifyMove(move) {
move.stab = 2;
},
name: “Adaptability”,
rating: 4,
num: 91,
}
Here, instead of “move.stab = move.stab*4/3”, we have “move.stab = 2”. This actually matters a lot for the Tera question since not being a formula makes the answer less clear. If it was just a formula, it would be just x2.66~ (or x2.5 as it could be 1.5+0.5 for both Adaptability and Tera). It makes sense for the game not to do the formula stuff since that could lead to some issues with binary math (Not Pokemon but helps show the point, see this). However this does mean we actually have to find out the real multiplication of Adaptability+Super STAB in the code or by testing it out.

I also ask about the former 2 mechanics because Tera seems to be more unique than a type change. Namely how Tera even keeps your original STABs at all despite becoming a mono type, making it distinct from things like Soak, Forest Curse, and even Protean. The case could very well be that Tera STABs are seperate from regular STABs or that your original STABs are technically something else.
If I understand you correctly, I don't think that makes a difference as (1.5+.5)*(4/3) is mathematically equivalent to 2*(4/3).

On an outright stated to be a rare drop from raids, which are time-consuming and kind of a crapshoot to begin with (I'm not impressed with the AI Raid partners I've seen so far).
Eh, they're nowhere close to how long/boring they were in SwSh, but yes, we take this over "wait for DLCs".

That said I wouldn't be surprised if DLCs bring more, faster ways to get the tera shards.

Eh, they're nowhere close to how long/boring they were in SwSh, but yes, we take this over "wait for DLCs".

That said I wouldn't be surprised if DLCs bring more, faster ways to get the tera shards.
I haven't actually seen a full raid, but from I can tell from trailers, they seem to be much faster paced and rapid fire

I haven't actually seen a full raid, but from I can tell from trailers, they seem to be much faster paced and rapid fire
They are, mostly cause you're basically playing 4 separate battles that share a HP bar, so there's no "wait until everyone clicked".
In SwSh, most raids would actually be over in 3 turns, but these 3 turns would take 5 minutes each between waiting for inputs and going through all animations.
In SV, the raid just melts since everything happens at same time.

It's possible that tier 7+ raids are somewhat challenging, but any of the ones we found around the world aren't anything to write home about. Just pick type advantage and spam 1 button.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)