SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Ah, my first Pokemon hiatus was between Gens 1-4 so had no idea its potentially a historic problem.

I can see your logic about the current exclusions from ranked battling, however event =/= restricted legendary/mythical/whatever. The 'just an event' comment seems to make the most sense, but there is little logic on GFs part that we have seen. If this were the case the 'Raid event exclusives' and their evolutionary lines would also be banned - dumb as you rightly point out XD

TL;DR: Im just mad I cant use Walking Wake on cart already. I've yet to see a good argument from GF as to why this is the case.

Great that the end user gets to miss out because of the developers fuck ups. The Great Tusk/Iron Treads event was also bugged to hell and we are about to get Slither Wing/Iron Moth in the same way - let the chaos begin!

Ah, my first Pokemon hiatus was between Gens 1-4 so had no idea its potentially a historic problem.

I can see your logic about the current exclusions from ranked battling, however event =/= restricted legendary/mythical/whatever. The 'just an event' comment seems to make the most sense, but there is little logic on GFs part that we have seen. If this were the case the 'Raid event exclusives' and their evolutionary lines would also be banned - dumb as you rightly point out XD

TL;DR: Im just mad I cant use Walking Wake on cart already. I've yet to see a good argument from GF as to why this is the case.

Great that the end user gets to miss out because of the developers fuck ups. The Great Tusk/Iron Treads event was also bugged to hell and we are about to get Slither Wing/Iron Moth in the same way - let the chaos begin!
VGC Regulation C effectively banned the "raid event exclusive" starters despite them already being available in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet at that point (e.g. Cinderace).

VGC Regulation C effectively banned the "raid event exclusive" starters despite them already being available in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet at that point (e.g. Cinderace).
But were made eligible for the regulation that immediately succeeded their release. WW/IL didn't get that treatment, and unless its because they have some hidden attributes that we aren't aware of that marks them as 'special', there's no good reasoning (at least that I have seen), to support a ban.

Edit: I hope im not coming off as entitled here, that isn't my intention. A lot of people have invested a lot of time getting these things, for no apparent benefit, is all.

But were made eligible for the regulation that immediately succeeded their release. WW/IL didn't get that treatment, and unless its because they have some hidden attributes that we aren't aware of that marks them as 'special', there's no good reasoning (at least that I have seen), to support a ban.

Edit: I hope im not coming off as entitled here, that isn't my intention. A lot of people have invested a lot of time getting these things, for no apparent benefit, is all.
The starters were only made eligible for VGC Regulation D because you could transfer them all in from HOME at this point, removing the need to get them from Pokemon SV-exclusive events. Note that Walking Wake and Iron Leaves are still only available from Pokemon SV-exclusive events (be glad there is no battle difference between shinies and non-shinies assuming they all learn the same moves or they could have theoretically gotten the same exclusivist difference across the generations).

The starters were only made eligible for VGC Regulation D because you could transfer them all in from HOME at this point, removing the need to get them from Pokemon SV-exclusive events. Note that Walking Wake and Iron Leaves are still only available from Pokemon SV-exclusive events (be glad there is no battle difference between shinies and non-shinies assuming they all learn the same moves or they could have theoretically gotten the same exclusivist difference across the generations).
It really is just the 'event' part that separates them from the rest of the pack, huh? It does make sense, but at the same time, were they not just better off slapping the 'mythical' label on them? Legality-wise, they are no different from the other mythicals anyway?

Questions that can't be answered by us mere mortals, I know. I'm thankful that at the very least, that GF have seemingly done away with Japan exclusive events for the time being! One problem at a time and all that :)

The difference between the other raid events is you can breed for them or pull them from other games

These you can't. YOu had two (2) shots at getting them, and you could still only capture them once, and that's it.

It really is just the 'event' part that separates them from the rest of the pack, huh? It does make sense, but at the same time, were they not just better off slapping the 'mythical' label on them? Legality-wise, they are no different from the other mythicals anyway?

Questions that can't be answered by us mere mortals, I know. I'm thankful that at the very least, that GF have seemingly done away with Japan exclusive events for the time being! One problem at a time and all that :)
They're not Mythical, so there's no reason to give them that label at all. They have intention to be normally available Pokemon, this is just an early sneak peak.

They're not Mythical, so there's no reason to give them that label at all. They have intention to be normally available Pokemon, this is just an early sneak peak.
I get what they were going for it that regard. In fact, I’m a big fan of the approach they took introducing new mons mid Gen without needing a whole new DLC.

Not sure if this has been covered already, but wondering if it means anything that we don't have an Embody Aspect mask for +SpA. Might have to do something with the pig mask(?)

Alternately, maybe Game Freak doesn't want to encourage you to use a Pokemon with only 60 base Special Attack as a special attacker.
I wasn't necessarily talking about for Ogerpon. Presumably the pig mask has something to do with the rumored 4th Toxic Chain mon which would seem to be some sort of Ogerpon antagonist(?)

Found some discrepancies in the data between SV and HOME's dex data sets. Made a tab for it on my sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...z0PjCBLEYcLgy6mhjsaUDxiSFY/edit#gid=346742509

Here's a visual snippet (about half the data)

1695696238453.png

I probably should have noticed some of the data as it came out of SV directly contradicted some older HOME data, and indeed when comparing the newer HOME data with my existing data set for any pre-SV mons, the only change in Color was Dialga-Origin.

Anyone have any predictions re the Dipplin evo’s stat spread? I’m assuming it’ll end up around 550 in total (probably matching the Duraludon evo).

Anyone have any predictions re the Dipplin evo’s stat spread? I’m assuming it’ll end up around 550 in total (probably matching the Duraludon evo).
Guessing it'll be about the same as it is now, just....more. So a slight lean on Defense with some pretty good Special Attackand decent everything else

And probably slower.

Begging game freak to stop doing this. Even Annihilape is randomly 5 points slower!
In the context of VGC, being slower is not necessarly a bad thing. Many pokemon benefit from being slower due to Trick Room being often a valid strategy (and semi-trick room teams being somewhat relevant due to the existance of Indeede/Armarouge cores).
Es, BloodMoon Ursaluna actually being faster than its counterpart is a problem because you suddently lose the ""mirror"" matchup in Trick Room.

Sometimes its probably just aesthetic (Mr Rime is an old man, Kingambit scoots around on a hair stool) but often I think it's just them wanting more stats to work with, but not wanting to raise the BST. But they don't want to minmax too hard by tanking the opposite stat, so speed is the most expendable. Which is how you get things like Wydeer, the fairly agile ride Pokemon known as effectively your bike replacement, being slower than Stantler but not so slow to truly benefit at all from Trick Room.

We saw it a little back in gen 2 (Steelix likely the most notable there) & 4 too, Electivire & Magmortar are both slower than their evolutions by 10 points. But I imagine if they were made now they would probably tank way more; or at least Magmortar would since Electivire has the Motor Drive gimmick it needs to play into.

Gen II had Scizor and Steelix losing speed, which is kinda fair, as Scizor has the same stat total as Scyther, only shuffled around, while Steelix doubles down on the defensive, and can actually attack unlike Onix.

Gen IV was kinda ridiculous with the speed issues, and with weird choices for evolutions... and we are back at those, with Ursaluna and Kingambit.

Still, remember that Poliwag has always been faster than Poliwrath.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 7)